Sadler's Revenge (Old West) (Interest Check)

Started by dapoet, October 23, 2012, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapoet

The above is just a little snipit of part of the story that would be contained in the story. I am looking first and foremost for a female character (and writer) to play a kansas wife that will be the first to encounter John Sadler and his men.

I might consider writers to be a part of the Sadler Gang, but would like to cast the wife character first, can be a sister or daughter as well. If interested you can state your interest here or PM me and I can fill you in on particulars as I see the role, but at this point I am open to ideas. No cartoon or amime avi's human only. I also prefer that characters be written by their actual gender, however I will not use that as a basis on a character.

I will also be looking for miners, gamblers, and others that would fit in with a mining camp set in 1884 Montana. I will cast roles myself after others have applied, basically filling gaps. I will also put a cast list up as roles are filled.

rick957

This looks like it could be lots of fun, especially because it's an unusual setting for an RP, at least around here, from what I've seen.

So, I'm posting to express my interest.  :)  Although I realize you're looking for a female lead first, but perhaps the thread bump will help to attract one.

Questions:  do you have minimum participation expectations?  And, how prominent or frequent do you expect any sexual content to be?  Finally, what section of the site would it be in, i.e., what level and category of adult content?

It's fine if you don't have answers yet, but those are things I'm curious about.

dapoet

Quote from: rick957 on October 28, 2012, 05:47:52 PM
This looks like it could be lots of fun, especially because it's an unusual setting for an RP, at least around here, from what I've seen.

So, I'm posting to express my interest.  :)  Although I realize you're looking for a female lead first, but perhaps the thread bump will help to attract one.

Questions:  do you have minimum participation expectations?  And, how prominent or frequent do you expect any sexual content to be?  Finally, what section of the site would it be in, i.e., what level and category of adult content?

It's fine if you don't have answers yet, but those are things I'm curious about.

HI! Thanks for the interest! I am trying to develop stories that aren't usual settings, so thank you for noticing.

As far as participation. I would like for people to be consistant, what I mean is if you are available daily, but only in the evenings or mid day or what have you that they let the others know they are available those times and to be courtious enough to let us know when they aren't going to be around. I know people have the absense and apologies thread on here, but frankly I would never think to look there and I myself dont' even have one so a note in the OOC (when we have one) saying..gonna be gone the weekend folks or I am backlogged will post asap is at least a good consideration.

As far as how often. I would prefer multiple times a week at the very least. I tend to always be on in one way or another, so my posting rate is a little hight than some and that, but I figure at the least enough that people know you are active, if that makes any sense at all.

I don't expect the sexual content to be all that frequent, the opening with the farmers wife and outlaw gang will have a bit to be honest, but then I expect to to drop into actual plot and story and not there just to be there, I don't enjoy that, so I am sure others don't as well, there has to be a reason and I don't expect every single character participating in it either, that's just not realistic and while I am not a stickler for 100% accuracy. It should be a least a little controlled. So I think, as I may have rambled a tad, in the opener and then that might continue or be ongoing depending on the female, but after it would be limited to the story or the saloons and brothels connected to them, just as it would have been at the time.

I am planning on perhaps NC-Freeform. I thought maybe maybe Extreme to keep doors open, but I was waiting for interest to start first before I decided for certain.

RedEve

Is the idea for the wife to be raped by Sadler and his gang?  :-\
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

dapoet

That is one scenario, it largely depends on the writer of the wife though as well. It's been written as rape, rape turned consensual, consensual and I think in one instance she was sort of the instigator to it from being left alone so long.

RedEve

I'm not entirely clear on the details of this game.

I'm guessing it's about a gang of outlaws led by Sadler who arrive in Kansas to discover the depleted mine he has won?
Who exactly would the wife character be? Just the wife of some random farmer? Or something different?

dapoet

Wife is the daughter of a former Texas Rancher turned retired US Marshal turned rancher. Basically it's just how in the past she has been introduced to the story, there have been other ways as well. In the most recent forms, she was a lone wife they met on their trek to Montana. They seek shelter and food and ultimately they have either taken her with them, or if widowed, daughter or sister, ends up married to one of the men, who had been law himself at one point and takes the role of Sheriff. What happens to her though is up to the writer, some instances she goes with them, and in others the one that she evenually leaves with stays behind to help her with the farm until she decides what she wants to do.

The start is just the gang heading to Montana, once they get there they find a washed up town that had some success, but is largely over and done with, the mine when they arrive they don't know is dried up, but they see some advantages to the town because of it's location and things like that so they stay and little by little take over, I am planning to have Sadler either sell or give the deed he won to someone else, thinking he is passing one over on them, then have then hit a strike. The rest will depend on cast and stories they want to tell mixed with a few other plotted scenarios, that can't be planned without a cast.

RedEve

So in one scenario she marries one of the men?

What exactly is the wife character's role in the game?

dapoet

Some of it will depend on how the writer wants to start her, but will either be Sheriff's wife, or if the Marshal makes it to that part of the story before she leaves, daughter of the Marshal who would take the role of Sheriif on behalf of the town asking him too, in either case she becomes the object of affection for the deputy, but what happens there will depend on the female, pretty much anything won't go well for the deputy when discovered.

If she is single and a daughter, could take a job at the merchentile perhaps with the shop keeper and founder of the town..he is a good man, and secretly a famed outlaw himself, but hasn't doned a gun in years and won't be found out unless the newspaper guy, which is castable, discovers it, or someone snooping finds it.

But really what plots are hers are open at this time. I have mentioned in the past  quite a bit, but really it's still pretty open to how they want to start. There have also been times when there has been another character, that was an adopted sister was the focus of the gang or rather a couple of the men in it. And the other was the more motherly figure that offers herself to protect the other. In which in some cases that worked and in others it didn't.

But really the onbly reason the plot seems slight at this time is because of waiting to case a wife and work out the opening plot and then plot with the characters as they are either cast or brought in to build a unique story in the setting of Coulter's Crossing Montana, which is fictional as well, but the location is real so I plan to try to use location pictures that are a real Montana ghost town, the one in the title shot is actually California I think, but I liked it too much to pass it up.

RedEve

You mention in the past a lot, have you played this game out before?

apygoos

color me intersted in this game, curious as to what roles you have available so far

RedEve

dapoet, could you give me a list of the things that are set in stone for the female character?
In terms of age, appearance, personality, background and personal relationships. Thanks!

dapoet

Quote from: RedEve on November 04, 2012, 12:19:32 PM
dapoet, could you give me a list of the things that are set in stone for the female character?
In terms of age, appearance, personality, background and personal relationships. Thanks!

Yes, this is a story that has been written on other sites with varying success, generally ended after the writers stopped posting and they were forced to close due to inactivity, it's been written (pg-13) as a comedy more or less, in the very beginning, then was revised with new cast a while later with a different cast and some of the returning writers that wanted to continue, has spanned a couple different writing sites over the years until I came to Elliquiy.

The character of the farmers daughter or wife, actually started as a niece that was being sold to gamblers to pay her Uncle's losing hands and evolved as characters came and went. As for her appearance, the originals I dont' remember anymore, but the one that was used the most would be Rachel Nichols or a similar look, usually blonde, generally of the same build, generally 18-24, no older than 30 or the father (who is set in stone) is harder for me to cast properly for how I see him (In the previous versions he was played by Silas Welliver, spelling might be off from Deadwood, but most recent has been Peter Fonda).

The only relationships that are set, is that of her and her father, Pete Evans. The rest will depend on how the character starts, as far as if she is married, single, widowed is the same as married, but obviously no husband to have to deal with, only memories of him. Only other relationship is that of a adopted sister if that character was added, but it's not crucial depending on the character this is in regard to. The cast making up Sadlers Gang will be dependant on if I write them all, or if I cast them. I have done it both ways, usually if I write them all it's a tad easier to control the plot, but it also takes away interaction with others, so it's a matter usually if anyone actually wants to write a member or not and can go along with the flow.

Personality will largely depend on the situation she is placed in. I would imagine that someone living in Kansas in the middle of nowhere, perhaps homesick if there but her father, as an example is somewhere else and the husband has been gone for a long time, could be lonely and homesick, I imagine a little harder than perhaps someone living with certain comforts. But that said, if she's what I have come to refer to as a prairie whore, then she would still have the quailities I have mentioned, but likely wouldn't turn any of the men away from her bed for the right price, if she is the object of one or two of their advances, willing or unwilling, then that is another matter entirely. But really it will depend on how she starts and the situation she is being placed in. If the husband is there or there is a farm hand there, it might be very Little House on the Praire in design, but with the twist of the gang coming in could go wrong in a number of ways, or could be nothing happens other than she sees no reason to stay there and goes with them. So for personality most of it will really depend on her situation and how the writer wants to present her in it.

Quote from: apygoos on November 04, 2012, 12:14:15 PM
color me intersted in this game, curious as to what roles you have available so far

Roles are all open. I will place mine based on what we need to tell the story after cast is in place. So for right now the only one that is in place is John Sadler, who is the leader of the gang; and then there will be another that runs the general store when they get to the town. Other that that the rest of the town and gang are open as well any other characters the writers can think to fit in this environment. I don't expect all charcaters to interact or for all the writers to depending on their stories, it's just not possible, but depending on the size of the cast of writers all might in one way or the other.

So for the most part what that means is: Sadlers Gang, which is made up of hardened criminals and former lawmen that have been one or the other over the years, might be one or two that joined up just because Sadler offered more to them than they had at the time. Then there will be the town itself with his basically on it's last legs..reminants of a bank and that can be seen and it will present itself as a town that was quite prosperous at one time, so if anyone applies as a member of the gang, think of what you want them to become more than what they were or currently are, unless of course they were a doctor or something like that which could roll over into the town.

RedEve

I see, that is a role that is rather set in stone.
What I personally had in mind was for a character whose heritage is perhaps a bit mixed. A half-Mexican girl who married the Sheriff.
Or something quite similar. Could you work with that?

dapoet

Could probably work with it as a character in the story, but not as the female character in question. But that said it's a concept that has never been offered for her either. Being the father was in Texas at one point in his life it's not impossible that he couldn't have married a Mexican and had a daughter with her, it's not an impossible idea.

RedEve

I'm still not entirely clear, is she supposed to be the sheriff's daughter, wife or either of the two?

dapoet

She is the wife or daughter of a farmer. It's an either or depending on the way the writer wants to go with her. If she is the daughter, then the father is the one mentioned and is a former Texas Ranger and US Marshal. If she is married then she is married to a farmer and her father is either somewhere else or on a neighboring farm. There is no sheriff until the Sadler Gang arrives and one of the members, who was a lawman himself later becomes Sheriff of the town.

Before the gang gets into the town they will split up and each will enter the town in the guise of what they want to be in it after they see that the town is "seemingly" theirs for the taking. John Sadler will enter as a Preacher, which he actually is anyway, another will become the Doc or another will be the paper..things like that. In reality they are probably going to be setting up a crime network, but that can't be determined until the cast is in place.

Within the town when they arrive there will be the hotel and the store that was mentioned previously, there might still be a saloon, but those pop up so fast, it won't matter.

When the strike hits..then there will be miners and the other elements that come into play, but as far as the character in question. She is either a farmers wife or a farmers daughter.

RedEve

If she is the farmer's daughter, would she be married? Or can she be married?

dapoet

Quote from: RedEve on November 04, 2012, 02:15:21 PM
If she is the farmer's daughter, would she be married? Or can she be married?

To another farmer. If she's married it's not to the Peter Evans character, he remains her father. But she could logically be married to another farmer..

RedEve

Quote from: dapoet on November 04, 2012, 02:28:50 PM
To another farmer. If she's married it's not to the Peter Evans character, he remains her father. But she could logically be married to another farmer..

Okay, so I can make her a half-Mexican girl who is Peter Evans daughter but married to another farmer in that town?

dapoet

The town they are going to is a long ways away from where the story starts. They have to go across Nebraska and probably a part at least of South Dakota to even get near Montana.

Probably best to just apply with the concept you have and we go from there..we can talk back and forth, but until there is an actualy concept to look at, it can't go much further.

As far as CS goes, basics are all that is needed; Name, Age, History and whatever pictures that are wanted to be used to show the character..

My original idea was that this would not be a first come first serve, as I wanted to have options to choose from, such as what I have mentioned for her vs what you are proposing for the role, but you are the first to show genuine interest in the role at all so we will start with your concept and go from there.

RedEve

Okay, I will try to make a CS for this and get it up here.

dapoet

Just tossing up a bump..

Once we have the farmers wife bio, then the bios of John Sadler, the farmer and Sadler's Gang will be added so that the cast will start to come together.