Signature and gifs question.

Started by CosmicCreepers, January 24, 2015, 08:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicCreepers

Evening all.

Had a quick question if anyone has an idea to this strange scenario.

My signature seems to be showing up on all other desktop computers/laptop with the exception of my main computer for some reason. Even others in the forums are saying that the gif shows up fine.
For some reason on THIS computer, and THIS forum/wiki, it doesn't want to show up for me?
I have the gif on other websites as a signature right now and it seems to be doing alright.

A little strange no?

❝I have seen things in my journey that most can only dream of. Literally.❞
AO31x1Crave

Oreo

What browser are you using on that computer?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

CosmicCreepers

Quote from: Oreo on January 24, 2015, 09:36:47 PM
What browser are you using on that computer?
Chrome, which I use on all other computers as well :c

AO31x1Crave

Oniya

Silly question, but have you tried using the Elliquiy 'clear cookies script'?  (Link goes to a description where you can choose to clear or not.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

CosmicCreepers

Quote from: Oniya on January 25, 2015, 11:13:43 AM
Silly question, but have you tried using the Elliquiy 'clear cookies script'?  (Link goes to a description where you can choose to clear or not.)
Unfortunately no luck :c

AO31x1Crave

Lrrr

Have/do other animated gifs show up correctly in either your siggy or the wiki?  In other words, is the problem with this specific gif file or all gif files?

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As

CosmicCreepers

Quote from: Lrrr on January 25, 2015, 02:20:27 PM
Have/do other animated gifs show up correctly in either your siggy or the wiki?  In other words, is the problem with this specific gif file or all gif files?

Other gifs show up. I'm starting to think It's my browser or something? I have no idea.

Every other website on my desktop computer shows the gif, with the exception of E. Its so weird.

AO31x1Crave

jouzinka

In that case I would look at the IMG code of the signature - sometimes some browsers don't like if one of them is in capitals IMG and the other one in lower case img.

Also, have you tried to put it in the signature without the height attribute?

And if you post the gif in a post, does it show then?

Do you have an AD blocking software installed (such as AD block plus), is it possible that you blocked the image by mistake?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

CosmicCreepers

Quote from: jouzinka on January 25, 2015, 02:56:18 PM
In that case I would look at the IMG code of the signature - sometimes some browsers don't like if one of them is in capitals IMG and the other one in lower case img.

Also, have you tried to put it in the signature without the height attribute?

And if you post the gif in a post, does it show then?

Do you have an AD blocking software installed (such as AD block plus), is it possible that you blocked the image by mistake?

Lol, I'm starting to get flustered. Every time I go to change something in my signature and hit save, it reverts back to its previous coding. My coding is the same as it is on my other computers, but I cant get rid of the height attribute otherwise its too big.

IT doesnt show up if I post it, or in the E wiki.

I do have ad block just like on my other browsers, it hasn't been blocked.

AO31x1Crave

CosmicCreepers

Goodness I think it's righted itself.

I'm not used to the E Wiki so I've had to play with it a little bit. I'm not sure what I did /sigh/ but I have it back now. Hopefully......

Thanks for the help! ><;

AO31x1Crave

Beguile's Mistress

I'm glad you got it back.  I've been following the thread and use Firefox on my HP laptop and it's been there all the time.  Frustration builds with these odd little quirks and spontaneous changes when the site coding seems to go wonkity.

CosmicCreepers

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 25, 2015, 03:26:31 PM
I'm glad you got it back.  I've been following the thread and use Firefox on my HP laptop and it's been there all the time.  Frustration builds with these odd little quirks and spontaneous changes when the site coding seems to go wonkity.

Ah I'm glad other people can see it really, which is all that matters. It was just driving me crazy. Haha.

AO31x1Crave