News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Firefox Problem Maybe?

Started by Milanthe, January 24, 2015, 12:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milanthe

Just wondering if it's just me and my computer - or maybe firefox - but E's looking buggy.  I'll scroll down and part of the website'll go black or show up as the part that had been on the screen when it was gone.  Like right now my shoutbox looks like a piece of the HELP! Section.  If it's a link or something, it seems to go back to right if I wave over it, though it's still surrounded by black or backscreen.  I'm sometimes needing to highlight text just to read it.  It's not really a problem, problem right now, but I'm just concerned that it might get worse.  I've tried clearing cookies and my browser history, but it doesn't seem to work.
Back from the deadish...  I hope...  Is deadish a word?

Crimsonbella

I use firefox myself and I'm not having any issues, nor have I ever. Is everything up to date? Have you tried using another browser to see if the problem exists there as well?
O/o Thread Slightly outdated.

Milanthe

As far as I know, yeah, but I'll go through my programs just in case to be sure.  Dunno why I didn't think of that. 

Oreo

If it is still doing it you might want to use the Elliquiy cookie cleaner on this page.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Milanthe

I think that worked...  The ECC.  Dunno why that worked and not the normal clearing cookies...  -twitches- 

Oreo

It's extra special. *leaves a Milanthe hug* Been too long. Good to see you around.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Milanthe

You know how life goes - Cheating fiance's, Uncles with Cancer, realizing you're going to school for the wrong thing and still trying to make it.  Finally getting my sea legs again - what better place to help keep them under me than my favorite online home, E?  I'll PM you and we can chat more there so more important things can be noticed here in the forum.

Beguile's Mistress

That problem cropped up for a me a time or two lately but after a restart of the laptop it went away.  After a few times it went away and didn't come back. :-)

Lrrr

I can confirm the problem as it still happens to me occasionally.  In my case at least, it's caused by a very, very slow connection and any actions I take to scroll or otherwise view a new part of the screen.  In particular, if I click on a thread (especially the <<all>> tag in the page list) and then fail to wait for all the content to arrive at my computer, I will get black rectangles (unrendered content) and out of order content if I scroll down.  I've learned to wait until the status line at the bottom of Firefox no longer displays "waiting for elliquiy.com", "transferring data", or anything indicating the complete page has not arrived yet.

This may be a problem with other browsers as well but since I only use Firefox I can't confirm that.

An aside - I hate waiting but I have exactly one ISP choice out here in the sticks and they have a "We have your money and don't give a damn." attitude.  >:(   A satellite ISP is out of the question as I would use the entire monthly bandwidth allowance in less than two days.

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As