13th Warrior

Started by Apple of Eris, March 08, 2009, 01:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

So...

How about a game based loosely on the story of the movie/book. A small kingdom in the north is being attacked by those who are not named, monsters who have the shapes of some kind of combination of men and bears.

A group of warriors, male and female (don't want to leave anyone out!) set out to the north to confront this horror and save the kingdom.

Uhm... so would anyone be interested in something like this? I prefer if someone else ran it, but I guess if nobody else was willing I could give it a shot.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

SinXAzgard21

Sounds cool, me and Goldie would love to play.  As a side note we just watched the movie again the other day....  One of my favorite movies.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Mnemaxa

Did you want this to be a system game or the like, or just a free form?  I've received multiple requests to run some group oriented game....

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Apple of Eris

Well if it's a system thingy, all I know is GURPS, so if you wanted to do something with a system, I'd either need lots of help or to use that.

But I'm cool with either, so long as theres no super-powered nordic god type who makes the rest of us redundant in a freeform style game. :)
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Apple of Eris on March 08, 2009, 06:01:18 PM
Well if it's a system thingy, all I know is GURPS, so if you wanted to do something with a system, I'd either need lots of help or to use that.

But I'm cool with either, so long as theres no super-powered nordic god type who makes the rest of us redundant in a freeform style game. :)

Pllleeeaaaaaaaasse, don't be so insulting.  >:)  Would I do that? 

no, seriously, I could probably manage anything you'd like.  I'll need more details on how you'd like it run, as in what level of sexual activity, gritty with some humor, raw violence with quiet spots of bright hope, etc.  Tell me more, I give you more back.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Apple of Eris

Hrm, well I was thinking something kind of gritty and dark. Almost like a fantasy style horror game - except no magic & faeries and crap. Well, no magic we know of anyway. I mean if the fire wyrm is actually a dragon... ;)

As far as sexual activity, well I'm fine with whatever there. I don't think that should be the main focus of the game but, you know it happens!

But dark, violent, with small glimmers of hope. I like the sound of that!

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Mnemaxa

All right.  I'll run it; shall I make a new post about it, or shall we recruit from this thread?

I see SinXAzgard is interested in playign as well as 'Goldie'.  Adan, I'm sure, will want to be part of it.  most likely a few others. 

Apple of Eris

Well Mne, maybe a new thread where you can compose your thoughs better than my half-assed attempt to do so?

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Mnemaxa

I'll post it tonight. 

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Apple of Eris on March 08, 2009, 06:27:06 PM
Hrm, well I was thinking something kind of gritty and dark. Almost like a fantasy style horror game - except no magic & faeries and crap. Well, no magic we know of anyway. I mean if the fire wyrm is actually a dragon... ;)

I trow I hung on that windy Tree
nine whole days and nights,
stabbed with a spear, offered to Odin,
myself to mine own self given,
high on that Tree of which none hath heard
from what roots it rises to heaven.

None refreshed me ever with food or drink,
I peered right down in the deep;
crying aloud I lifted the Runes
then back I fell from thence.

Nine mighty songs I learned from the great
son of Bale-thorn, Bestla's sire;
I drank a measure of the wondrous Mead,
with the Soulstirrer's drops I was showered.

Ere long I bare fruit, and throve full well,
I grew and waxed in wisdom;
word following word, I found me words,
deed following deed, I wrought deeds.

Hidden Runes shalt thou seek and interpreted signs,
many symbols of might and power,
by the great Singer painted, by the high Powers fashioned,
graved by the Utterer of gods.

No magic, ye say?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

SinXAzgard21

Well if you do use GURPS, me and Goldie are lost.  I've never used that system, I do have a few E books for Modern d20 and D&D but that is all.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Apple of Eris

Well like I said, I'm fine with Freeform. d20 makes me wretch though :)

Mn> Coolies! I'll be waiting with bells and ribbons and stuff on!

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Mnemaxa

I am now posting a new thread for this game.