The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Or... or... you could mod the Dragons to be Irving The Socially Awkward Bee :3 change the skin to black and yellow fur, make the wings translucent and vieny, big dumb bee's face, and most importantly, add the voice.

Sadly, Youtube are fucking assholes and the video has been silenced because of stuff and pirates and things. This is the best I could find, but is not embeddable Dx

Tsenta

Quote from: Chris Brady on January 10, 2012, 02:16:57 AM
Actually, if you follow the main quest chain, you can get to the Greybeards by level 10.

Actually if you don't do any crafting or exploring, you can get to the Greybeards by like level 3. Finish that quest part by 7...so quite possible. :P
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Shjade

Yeah, given your leveling is directly associated with your usage of skills, it's possible to do a lot of things in Skyrim without actually gaining levels in the process. It's an interesting experience system. I like it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

My little brother is a part of the Call of Duty games demographic... so Skyrim has a bit too much depth for him. Been watching him play, and for the past hour, all he's done is find ways to get killed in towns.

I just watched him attack a Nord woman and try to escape the guards by jumping on their heads .__. so I yelled at him "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" "o.O?" "Those are Nords! They're a very hardy people!" An average housewife runs out of her kitchen, impales him with a knife, and then just returns to her kitchen. My brother just slumps on his keyboard and has the greatest line ever xD

"They're... just too hardy v.v"

Kazyth

I have to tell you, one thing that I miss from Oblivion is the ability to bind Lifesight into enchanted equipment.  I know they have the spell and the shout, but the spell is channeled and so not terribly useful to a magic-light assassin, and the shout takes up precious shoutingness that I could use for other things.  It's a small matter, but it was a lot easier to pinpoint potential hostiles and such with your nav bar in previous games.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Shjade

I sorta wish there were more passive armor enchantments that aren't just "make this skill better" in general. Having sense life/undead on equipment sounds pretty awesome for RP if nothing else.
◕/◕'s

Sabby

Or some more specific skills, like a shield only enchantment where a well timed block has a chance of disarming, or a shield bash has a small chance of ragdolling. Boots that increase speed and jump, a flashing necklace that makes arrows less accurate when aimed at you, a breastplate that causes certain damage or slowness when hit by the enemy...

Then there's the lack of weapon types. It's not nearly as bad as Fable, but I'd like to see unique moves for polearms, martial arts, wrist blades, moonblades, actual throwing weapons like stars and darts. Even in saying that, the variety of weapons is great, just not a lot of archetypes. I mean, you can't even use your Mages staff as a weapon :/

But the one that really needs an upgrade is the magic and weapons and how they act together. I understand using duel swords means you can't block, but if you want magic at all, your restricted to a single one handed weapon. It's a bit of a drag if you have a bow and can't be bothered to take your free hand off of it for a second to summon a monster :/ or the same with a claymore. Equipping the magic to a free hand should have the benefit of making it easier to use, where as with both hands on something it takes a second longer to prime it.

AndyZ

I don't usually check this thread, but I peeked in for a second, so please direct any responses to PM.

I've been playing a rogue, and my trick with the bow is that I keep it in my favorites.  I have two different spells in two hands, and I can use favorites to pull up a bow.  When I use favorites to unselect the bow, the spells that I had before come right back to my choices.

Maybe that trick will work for you.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sabby

I have the game on PC, and the hotkeying is either not included or it's in a very awkward place, because the only reason I have it is because I have mods for the user interface and favourites menu. I couldn't go back to constantly using the original favourites menu Dx on one hand, I do like that it pauses the game to allow you to think, like a Bioware game, but on the other hand, it breaks up the pacing, and if your a class that needs to constantly use it, like a Mage/Archer hybrid, the pace of the game is like streaming a movie on dial up. At least with the mod, the favourites menu takes up the whole screen and has categories, so I can get through it quicker.

Callie Del Noire

Kazyth

Goddamn, thanks for the link.

Got all goosebumpy on my armmeats listening to that.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Shjade

Quote from: Sabby on January 12, 2012, 08:01:10 AM
I have the game on PC, and the hotkeying is either not included or it's in a very awkward place, because the only reason I have it is because I have mods for the user interface and favourites menu.
All you do is open the favorites list and press number keys while highlighting the things you want to hotkey, the same way it works with the favorites menu mod. The mod just expands the list's contents and makes it easier to navigate, it doesn't alter the mechanics.
◕/◕'s

Sabby

And also not included in the controls menu, so if you don't find it yourself, it don't exist. That's not a good design choice. It confuses me... the whole PC vs Xbox war with Elder Scrolls has always been so quick to flog hotkeys as far back as Morrowind (and for good reason) and now the controls between the two versions are getting more and more similar. I hear a lot of doom calling over this, that game development has gotten so lazy and that consoles mingling with the Master Race are CLEARLY to blame for this dilution, but we've heard all this before Dx

Damn Xbawks, ruining gaming with it's... streamlining. Change is not the way!

bandit

the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

Chris Brady

Actually, the girl who actually redid the song (I think you can link to her in the video) is pretty amazing to.  Because she did it all herself.  That's talent!

In sad news, Arngrim the Nord, will no longer be 35 soon.  He will have to fall into a worm hole and start back at level 1.  Because of an ingame glitched quest line that I tried to fix, and now crashes that particular character's save.

Sad.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cold Heritage

He shall reside forever in the Hall of Glory.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chris Brady

Thanks CH, that was cool!  :)

He will look down upon you from Sovngarde!  Cover yourselves in glory (And nothing else if human and female!) and perhaps you could join him!

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

I broke down and made a Nord Heavy Armor, Sword & Board, Smithing type. Now at level 18 with a 60 smithing & speech, 50 1hand and Block. I am trying to find a way to skill up faster as my Heavy Armor is way slower..

Chris Brady

Note to self, do not use Console Commands in Skyrim, will screw up games something fierce. 

Callie Del Noire

Does anyone know where the durn warrior stone is?

Chris Brady

It's with a set of two others.  Near the path to Helgen.  When you first head to Riverwood, it's on the road.  Just head out of Riverwood, and you should see them.  The Mage and Thief stones are there too.

Driskoll

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 12, 2012, 09:51:31 AM
Dovahkiin

I love this vid, but unfortunately in-game I find that the exact opposite occurs frequently. Whenever a dragon lands in the middle of a small town like Mothal or Winterhold, all the guards and even some towns folk will rush towards the dragon in an effort to attack it. While I love their enthusiasm, hitting a frost or ancient dragon with steel weapons or trying to punch it to death it's going to end well. Even worse, my character only uses spells, meaning when the dragon finally lands, I have to worry about hitting the dragon as much as not hitting the towns people. Sometimes I just sit back and watch the dragon kick wholesale ass while muttering, "Yeah, you guys take care of it. It's not like I'm the Dovahkiin or anything."   

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Driskoll on January 13, 2012, 08:22:31 PM
I love this vid, but unfortunately in-game I find that the exact opposite occurs frequently. Whenever a dragon lands in the middle of a small town like Mothal or Winterhold, all the guards and even some towns folk will rush towards the dragon in an effort to attack it. While I love their enthusiasm, hitting a frost or ancient dragon with steel weapons or trying to punch it to death it's going to end well. Even worse, my character only uses spells, meaning when the dragon finally lands, I have to worry about hitting the dragon as much as not hitting the towns people. Sometimes I just sit back and watch the dragon kick wholesale ass while muttering, "Yeah, you guys take care of it. It's not like I'm the Dovahkiin or anything."

I let them burn it down myself. Quest givers won't die.. :D

Of course with my Norse she jumps up and jams whatever ax I have on hand in it's eye

Driskoll

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 13, 2012, 08:30:36 PM
I let them burn it down myself. Quest givers won't die.. :D

Of course with my Norse she jumps up and jams whatever ax I have on hand in it's eye

Ha! That's definitely one way to get it done. I have my illusion maxed out, so maybe next time a dragon comes in I'll just use Call to Arms to make the towns folk and guards even stronger. I could also use Mayhem and just hope for the best ;D

Shjade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 13, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
I broke down and made a Nord Heavy Armor, Sword & Board, Smithing type. Now at level 18 with a 60 smithing & speech, 50 1hand and Block. I am trying to find a way to skill up faster as my Heavy Armor is way slower..
If you want armor skills to increase, you have to get hit without blocking.

So go find a mudcrab and let it claw you for a few hours. Or, if you're more adventurous (and have 500+ armor), let a giant slap you around.
◕/◕'s