We Could be Heroes (Sexy High School Superheroes) Recruiting thru Friday Night

Started by assleigh, April 29, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assleigh

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on May 02, 2014, 12:00:20 PM
Everybody likes Candii. ^_^ Well, except AC. Ironically, both have the same player: Assleigh. xD

Hehehe right... Actually, that's by design... Don't want 2 characters who 'team up'... That's bad form, especially as a GM... Plus, it's fun to play REALLY different characters... I even have AC talking differently then Candii does as it helps me get into her mindset :)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

JamesSureWould

Quote from: assleigh on May 02, 2014, 12:26:55 PM@JamesSureWould - I would like you to consider inverting the 'connectiveness' of the Hivemind... Meaing 1 clone, you feel things more intensely then 2... Less at 3... Etc... It
A) Makes more sense... Think of it as a signal, the fewer 'splits to the signal the truer it is
B) Reinforces the whole thing of the more 'clones' the more free they are to think for themselves as at a certain point the connection could be so faint it's more like an intuitive thing then real communication.

Also, I'd say at 1 perfect clone, the connection is REAL intense... So kicking Clone1 is like punching Cameron in the gut... If he has 2 clones the other 2 feel it like a slap in the face... Again that signal attenuation thing

Basically, clones are NOT disposable... ESPECIALLY perfect ones... (I've a whole plot idea as to why... Sorry???) so one of them dieing is a BAD THING(tm)
hmm... okay, I like the sound of that.
I was going for the idea of 'the weaker the hivemind buffer, the stronger the experiences' but your idea makes sense too. Plus, you've got a plot idea, which is more than I have. (Can you tell me anything about the plot idea?)

Sephora

Alright, good to know! 

I guess it's shout out time...are there any interpersonal roles that are empty that a player wants filled for their character? 

AribethAmkiir

Having second thoughts about this game.  Would like to discuss my concerns in a private message, if possible.

Vergil Tanner

Oh no, Assh doesn't reveal her cards until the chips are down, haha. Besides, you have yet to get through the application process, remember? One thing at a time, people. :P

@Seph: Haha, I think we may all be getting ahead of ourselves here...that will be sorted out in more detail in Phase 2 and 3. :-) Nothing is set in stone ATM, after all :D

@Aribeth: Really? Go ahead! Copy in Assh, Pally and I and we'll talk about it :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Juggtacular

Birchleaf

Quote from: assleigh on May 02, 2014, 12:26:55 PMAll good, just be aware that a wet blanket character rarely is much fun to play with long term... Not telling you 'no' just be sure that as you engage the delinquents you remember that Class President has less authority then a hall monitor or a crossing guard when confronting them.
Wet blankets are pretty fun in the short term (mostly in making them suffer in various self-inflicted fashions), but my idea for his character arc was growing out of his killjoy tendencies and becoming a bit more fun. Hopefully.

Yeah, he does not actually have that much official power. He just wants to have it.
Quote from: assleigh on May 02, 2014, 12:26:55 PMRemember this is a Year 1 game... So, bad analogy, you've the power of a 1st level wizard in D&D... So dial it WAY back and focus on Cryomancy and an effect or two he can accomplish and why he can do them... What did he find after the Event that lets him do/study magic ... Later, sure... Find more things to teach you magic, discover a ritual that lets you contact the Fae Court and petition for favors and such... Know they'll come with responsibilities and requirements that will be RPed out... Both the gaining of powers and relationships with spirits... So like any power there are learning curve and story arc components to growth
This was more or less my intention. Sorry if I was not clear. When I made the comparison to Dr. Strange, it was not a Power Level thing, merely pointing out a  comic book character that had similar traits. Yeah, with his ability he will start out incredibly weak, and very slowly grow into his power in story.

assleigh

I'm stumped too, Batman4560... In part, I think it's because there's not enough meat on Ryan's bones... Most of his back story is about things he's lost not who he is... Except for a few lines about being into games and the stooge of the Sportoes. I'd say sit with 'who he is' for a little bit... Even the questions:

What's his Dream College and why?
Who was his girlfriend, what did he like about her?
What sort of Athlete was he? Not just sports but was he a winner? A solid team mate, disciplined without that spark that makes a person great? A 'natural' with no discipline so a lot of his raw talent is untapped?

Basically, define him better and the Flaw will come to you
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

assleigh

To clarify my earlier post about closing recruitment (for now)... Anyone who submits a proposal by Midnight Friday EST will be considered for Stage 2 by the players with approved characters. As an FYI I will be ammending the 3rd post in this thread with who is moving forward and for everyone's ease, I'll also post a reply with the short list. If your name isn't on the list, know we appreciate your interest and your hard work but after our deliberation decided to go with other applicants. We are looking to expand the community of writers involved in the game and are looking not just at the character proposal but how writers take suggestions and run with them as well as their ability to add elements to the game world we're sharing. This is a daunting task for both the applicants and established writers as it's VERY important to us that the divide between 'new' writers and 'old' ones be closed by the time characters are approved so we can be one big happy group of fun, creative people (dare I say it...friends).

No one is barred from Submitting a profile at a later date, should we open up recuitment again. I truly appreciate everyone who has spent even a few moments with this madcap idea of mine and adding to it. :)

My ONs and OFFs

apygoos

*throws in an idea for a speedster, just saw this now, 5 minutes before the deadline >.< will get a sheet up asap, as in starting it right now.

Sephora

The player playing a speedster character get's in minutes before the deadline.  I love it. 

apygoos

hey, i saw this literally the moment i posted! I don't check group game request often :S

Juggtacular

Oooo. My ideas have no merit right now, but Sephora could be onto something. What if your guy/gal is chronically late? It's not on purpose, things just tend to happen all the time that make them late. And the hilarity would be that even after getting super speed, they're still late all the time.

Example: There's a meeting at noon. They know about the meeting and have been ready for it for days. On the way they get sidetracked by whatever, they superspeed there only to show up as the meeting is closing out.

apygoos

while that's funny, hes a bit of a hard worker, filling the "popular rich kid" trope, hes a closet nerd though!

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Paladin of Lust

I think we should be fine with considering your character (I don't have the final word on this, so don't take my word for this), but please, we've got too many rich/affluent kids. He can be 'comfortable', but 'rich' is something we have too much of. Sorry, but could you change your concept somewhat? Popular is fine, rich...not so much. Thanks and apologies.

@Loves: Please do go ahead and post first. While I do not have the final say on things, we'd certainly love to take a look at your character profile! ^_^
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

apygoos

*inverts it then*
now hes a poor noone
always trying to make friends, but ends up somehow short. He runs track and cross country, keeps trying to get a good role in the drama club plays, but, well being poor leaves him prone to being one upped by the "prettier" talent, so to say.. them worn and faded clothes work against you and end up getting you typecasted!. The past couple years he tried to go for the bigger roles, and ended up just getting bit parts, so he ended up working with the stage crew and set design. maybe this year will be his lucky break!

Sephora

Being on track means him and Maya would probably interact a lot, as would the not being super rich thing.

Juggtacular

Dontae would probably interact with him as well since a lot of times people on different teams will train with other teams. Like a football player doing sprints with the track stars.

Sephora

Juggtacular

Hell yeah! We eat lunch together, we train together, and WE WIN TOGETHER!!! LET'S GO Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson High School [Insert Team name here]!!!

assleigh

Because I both believe in Irony... And Love (couldn't resist Loves... So sue me 8D) .... I'm going to allow the almost late speedster (thanks for adding to our legend already, apygoos) ... And I have of 1 other person who may apply (they've been PMing me) I'm going to give you 3 the Green Light to propose characters but "close" the thread to new applicants. I want to honor the work done by those with proposals up for consideration, but see where these last three take things.
Keep in mind all that we've said to other writers proposing characters. Things like:

• Make a person not a powerset
  • The Flaw is an RP jumpstarter not a power balancer
  • reread the first couple of posts to see what we don't need
  • the more fleshed out your character is, the more RP hooks you'll have
  • at the same time, be open to suggestions and input from others
  • The goal is to come up with a character you'll enjoy playing that makes everyone's character cooler

My ONs and OFFs

Paladin of Lust

Forgot to say this earlier, but I love Juggatcular's idea about the chronically late speedster, regardless of whether that goes through or not. Also, yay for another drama/theater guy! ^_^

Oh, and I could probably make a guess as to who that PM person is, despite they being hidden in the shadows as they are. Internet telepathy FTW! xD That said, it would just be a guess. My internet telepathy isn't the most reliable thing ever. :p
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Juggtacular

;D The thought makes me laugh. And the conversations people would have with him.

Dontae: Dude, you can run like 300 miles an hour...how are you always late to everything?!

Loves

CHARACTER SHEET

NAME: Maddison Elise Tanner  (goes by Maddie)

SEX: Female

APPEARANCE:

She has long golden blonde hair with rich highlights that seem to catch the sun and dance when she moves, falling in silky layers reaching the middle of her back. She stands at 5'1" tall and has a very curvy figure. Her movements flow in a sensual elegance.Her skin is soft and seemingly flawless, peaches and cream toned skin. Though if you look closer you will see a faded scar on her right arm from a childhood “incident” where she had tried to climb a tree on a dare from her brother only to find she was scared of heights! Her father had to come to her rescue with a ladder in order to get her down. 

ORIENTATION: Straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

TYPE: Cheerleader

POWER THEME: Teleporter

FLAW: Sweet and playful, Maddie enjoys meeting new people and is not at all shy. She talks (some might think too much) and from time to time can do so without a filter, saying the first thing that comes into her head. (Her parents say she suffers from foot in mouth disease) Though she is quick to apologize, often feeling regret and guilt if she has unintentionally hurt someones feelings with her blunt comments.

She is naturally affectionate and her curiosity seems to spill out in everything she does. Much like a friendly cat, she has a powerful need to learn everything she can about the people she meets. (Others just say she’s plain nosy). Maddie can be flirty like most teenage girls, she can take rejection hard and puts too much importance on what others think of her.  Her bid to be “normal” even though adopted causes her to bend to other’s wishes and go against what she knows is right or wrong.

One of her joys in life it baking. She spends hours in the kitchen baking all sorts of pastries, muffins,cakes, pies and piles and piles of cookies. Wanting to spread her joy through food, she often hands out boxes filled with her baking to friends and random people on the street. Baking makes her happy, and if there is one thing that Maddie enjoys being, its being happy! Though being obsessed with her looks, she refuses to even taste her creations, pawning them off on others. Unfortunately she is a lousy baker!

REPUTATION:  Maddie is known to her peers as a fun loving young woman who enjoys a good party, or even hours upon hours of chatting on the phone, through text and any other form of social media. She isn’t one to drink excessively, however she does enjoy gossiping with her friends. Anyone making a fool of themselves in front of her would most likely find their antics described in great detail to anyone who would listen.

That’s not to say she is considered to be nothing but a snob/gossip. No, there are some that have seen Maddie’s generous side. The side she tries to keep a secret, for fear that she may be seen with the wrong person and ruin her reputation at school.

She is known to the teachers as a student that doesn’t always put her best foot forward, but even though she can take the scenic route, she does eventually get to the point. All in all Maddie is an average student, with a friendly personality who blends in well with the “in” crowd, though isn’t nasty to those considered “outsiders” she doesn’t go out of her way to make friends with them either.

BIOGRAPHY:  Maddie lives a normal suburban lifestyle, with loving parents, one pain in the rump younger brother and a scattering of uncles and aunts and cousins. She was happy right up until she was eleven years old when she found out that she was adopted, and her entire world was effectively turned upside down. Initially keeping it a secret, Maddie’s parents thought it was best to keep the burden from their daughter. However they soon saw a change in their sweet little girl. Maddie became obsessed with “fitting in” with the children at school, almost obsessively going after what she perceived as “typical childhood character.”   Maddie wanted to feel normal again, and  the only way she knew how to achieve it was to appear as if she had everything under control.

On a personal level, Maddie loves her adoptive family very much, but still remains curious about her origins, and often thinks about finding a way to discover who her biological parents are and possibly even the rest of her biological extended family. Maddie has a kind, yet courageous, nature, but insecurity about who she really is leads her to be insensitive, causing regret afterwards.

Writing Prompt
It's the day of the big test... You're sweating it because you really need to do well on this... Studied (or not) to the best of your ability and the teacher is about to say, "Ok, begin"...     In 3-5 paragraphs share your character's experience of the test... What did they think about... Do they have any regrets? Any Eureka moments? Do they play it straight or cheat? Give us insight into how your character deals with pressure and what they'll do when the chips are down.

Maddie was late!  Which of itself wasn’t that unusual. School in her opinion would do much better if it stated at a reasonable hour, say after lunch!  However that morning she knew she had to be on time and  had even set her alarm! (Not to mention her brother’s alarm… with a loving note attached that read  Wake me up sprog of ELSE!  And still… the shrill beep, beep, beep of her alarm continued to play in her subconscious, interrupting the part in her dream as  Zac Efron was about to kiss the daylights out of her! Life wasn’t fair!  Her right hand moved as she twisted in the bed ready to pound the snooze button for the third time when she slipped and fell out of bed with a thump and a loud squeaking protest.

Her hair was a mess, her lip throbbed from where she had struck the pile of books she had been using to study deep into the night. Slowly Maddie blinked the morning into focus. With one hand on the bed she pulled herself into a kneeling position and glanced at the clock.  Her eyes grew wide from horror, she bounced to her feet, struggling with the blanked twisted around her ankle and fell once more on her way to the door.  ”Mooooooom! Jeffery didn’t wake me!  Moooooom! I need a ride to school!” And so it was, another day in the life of a teenage girl named Maddison Elise Tanner!

Maddie showered and changed in record time, practically flying down the staircase to enter the kitchen. Dressed in her cheerleading outfit, she spent time she didn’t have fixing the pigtails that hung low on her shoulders and insisted (once again) that the skirt was NOT too short to wear out in public.  Rolling her eyes at her father, Maddie encouraged her mother to head out of the house using the ever so persuasive tone known as whining. Impatiently she settled into the passenger side of the Chevy Minivan her mother insisted on driving (regardless of  how un-cool it appeared) and groaned, hitting her head on the seat’s headrest when informed that they were waiting for her slug of a brother!

At last they were on their way!  The normal morning ritual of arguing pursued, and in some small way the normalcy of the act helped to calm her. The test she was going to be late for was important, with it being 50 percent of her grade! Summer school was not an option, besides, her father had told her that if her grades didn’t increase there was no way he was allowing her to go on the school ski trip, and Maddie HAD to go on that trip!  And so once the car pulled up outside of the high school that still had the odd student or two lingering outside in the smoking area, Maddie practically fell out of the car. A wave and a throw away comment of “I love you mom” was offered as she ran along the cement pathway, up the steps, and yanked open the glass doors that would allow her access to the main foyer.  The Announcements!  Pumping her fist, Maddie squealed and jumped for joy!  She wasn’t late!  By some miracle she wasn’t late!  (Little did she know that her mother had snuck into her room late last night and adjusted her daughters clock.)

”NO running in the halls!”

Mr. Masters voice bellowed, chasing her down the hallway as Maddie’s perfectly white tennis shoes squeaked on the waxed floor. Another throwaway comment was hurled over her shoulder as she called out her apologies before coming to a skittering halt outside of room 117, home room and site of the test for English.  The look on Mrs. Hisscocks face was not impressed, but then the woman often looked as if she had swallowed one too many lemons. Maddie took her seat, letting the door automatically close behind her with a soft click. She exchanged a “look” with Jenna, her best friend and ignored Nate, whom she was still not talking to after Saturday’s party at Troy’s house.  Now was not the time for such trivial thoughts.  She had to think about the tests.

With the announcements compete it was Mrs. Hisscocks turn drone on in a tone that was designed to wedge its way into the back of your eyes and stay there, needling your brain all day long. She walked the rows of seats, handing out the test papers and telling each child that sat in the front to take one and hand it down.  Why did teachers feel the need to instruct every little thing? Did they really think the kids at the front of the class were going to hog all the question sheets?  Fiddling in her backpack, Maddie fished out her lucky pen with the fuzzy topper. She smiled at Jason as he handed her papers, making sure to flutter her long lashes before throwing the papers behind her, barely looking at Nate. 

Okay, mind off boys… first question

Maddie’s mind went blank! All those hours of cramming and now NOTHING?! The pen tapped nervously on the desk as she stared at the first question on the page. Maybe she needed an easier one? Her eye darted around the page searching for a question she knew the answer to and then, like the holy grail she saw it! 

Name: 

YES thought Maddie… I so have this one nailed!

The simple question of her name seemed to unlock the vault of knowledge in her mind and suddenly her hand began to flow across the paper like a drill that just struck oil! She didn’t know for sure, but suspected all the same… but this...this could be the best test ever taken in the history of tests taken by student everywhere!  Twenty minutes later and she was three quarters of the way through… next question, yes! Easy Peasy!  No summer school for her! She could almost taste the hot chocolate already! 

”Time’s up! Papers over! Pens down!... I said down Mr. Harrison!”

Pleased with herself, Maddie handed the test back to the stern looking Mrs. Hisscock and offered the woman a bright smile. Yes indeed, that day was going to be one of the best ever! Heck, she might even forgive Nate!

second writing promp -  ski trip

Poster's go up in early October advertising the school's trip to the Copper Mountain Ski Resort. The place is described as a Winter Wonderland where anything can happen, and the buzz about the school is it always does. Everything from awesome displays of skiing and boarding prowess to epic parties and scandalous hook ups to award winning nature photography and inspired artwork have all been known to come out of this annual trip. There are even rumors about the boy who ate the yellow snow and the girl who spotted a yeti ...but maybe she was the one eating the bad snow?

Given the expense, semi scandalous air about the event and the fact that its one of THE events of the school's social season... What did your character have to do to get:
Their parent's permission
The money to go
everything that they needed for the trip
Also, what sorts of things do they intend to do with their days and their nights? What do they hope will happen? What will cause them to die with embarrassment if it came to pass?
To Spice things up, please use the following words at least once:
Duck
Skip
Toasty
Zone

Maddie sat staring at the red B- on her paper. How? Why? It’s just not possible! She needed at least a B+ preferably and A in order to clinch the deal with her father! Narrowing her green eyes, she nibbled on her bottom lip and began to work things out in her mind. What she needed here was an upgrade on her grade! There had to be some wiggle room right? After all it was a paper on your “opinion” on the state of affairs in today’s political arena.  There was no right or wrong answer in an opinion! It was all argument, right? All she had to do was have all her ducks in a row…   A smile tugged at her lips. Her father loved that saying. He had a thing for Ducks! But then, who couldn’t love a duck?

The bell rang releasing all those students that hadn’t chosen to skip the class, lured away from the dreary routine of school by the warm weather and bright sun. Normally Maddie would be just as happy as anyone to escape the beige classroom with the light brown walls, and the cream floor, decorated with boring wooden desks. The room held no desire for her to stay! However, the paper with the B-  that needed to be changed held a lot of weight in that department and so, Maddie headed to the front of the class to wait out Mr. Masters stare. For a fat man he wasn’t very jolly! Maddie still remembered the time when she had compared him to a marshmallow. His cheeks were all toasty, puffed up on either side of his stubby nose. She hadn’t meant it as an insult, but boy did he seem to take it like one!  Hopefully he wouldn’t remember something so small and inconsequential when it came to the life and death of a girls social standing!

Maddie was ready for battle! There was a ski trip on the line and nothing, NOTHING was going to keep her from that trip! And so it began….  She approached  with a smile, inquiring as to whether she could speak with him, after all it was only polite not to assume he had nothing better to do, right?  The grunt and nod of his head lead her to believe that he was open to her questions, or rather debate as it were.   Like a dog with a bone, Maddie wasn’t going to let the subject drop. She stood her ground like a champ, arguing her case and answering each and every question shot her way! Maddison was in the zone! She could feel the answers tingling on the tip of her tongue before she even opened her mouth to give them life! Nothing was going to hold her back from opening his mind just enough to get her grade changed.  And although it was not changed to an A,  Maddie was able to bump it up to a B+ ….. though weather it was offered just to shut her up and send her one her way was debatable, she didn’t care! All that mattered was that Maddie had gotten what she needed!

That night at dinner Maddie waited on pins and needles for her father’s decision. He had the papers she had brought home  for his own perusal, glancing over them as his reading glasses perched on the tip of his nose. She watched for every twitch of his lip, nod of his head or disheartening sigh.  She hated those the most! After all it was impossible to read if the sign was there because it was a particularly touching paragraph, or… dare she think it…. her work wasn’t good enough! It was only when the angel of mercy disguised as her mother arrived to nudge her husband into coughing up the goods that Maddie had released the pent up breath she hadn’t known she was keeping.

YES!  The glorious answer was YES!

Maddie flew to her father’s side of the table and pulled him into an excitable hug and kiss before bestowing the same upon her mother. She ran down the hallway, taking the stairs two at a time, squealing about the slopes having her name written all over them, causing her parents to share a secret smile. Perhaps they felt guilty for the way she had found out about the adoption all those years ago… if they could give her something that made her this happy, then was that really so wrong?

The trip wasn’t for a while but there was so much to do! Standing before her closet Maddie began pulling out times and matching them into an acceptable wardrobe, and making a list of all the things that she would desperately need prior to the trip. Of course Maddie’s idea of “desperately need” and her mothers were too very different definitions. Still, she couldn’t wait to start packing, but first… a text to Jenna!

Operation snowbank is ago!

Shortly after the sound of puppy barking filled the room driving Maddie to leap upon her phone that was resting upon her bed. 

Gr8t  me2

The trip was going to be everything that dreams were made of! Hot guys! Awesome displays of athletic skills (and just to be clear.. the guy’s, not her’s)  hot chocolate and cozying up at the hot tub!  Maddie was so happy she instantly thought of baking up a batch of her chocolate chip cookies for the trip! After all, a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach right? The sound of the phone barking caught her attention, and once more Maddie was staring at her phone….

Do NOT bake ANYTHING!

ON HIATUS AGAIN