Current to-do list (Add requests here : )

Started by Vekseid, March 03, 2009, 07:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

1: Re-enable search
2: Add the donation spam back to the index, this time with a spiffy easy to update function (yeah yeah : /)
3: Restore PM counts to the header and re-enable newbie nagging
4: Fix user postcounts
5: Clean up the dicebot
6: Add custom (simple for now) BBCode
7: New chat button (want to redo/reset some things...)
9: Replace the current shoutbox and see if AjaxChat is less resource intensive (The shoutbox is currently using a 2.4ghz processor and some 2gb of ram, all on its very own).
10: Get a decent smiley set or three (current set is used to match the shoutbox, obviously not ideal)

8: See about fixing the signatures, other Display messiness
11: Customize the shoutbox a bit. Link membernames and make the roller a bit better, look into multiple shoutboxes and possibly create a help bot out of the chatbot. This is probably in the 'ongoing project' category but some of that is simple (already wrote a good roll parser, etc).
12: Rebuild arcade

If there are any other problems that are currently going on now, or things that need be doing, please let me know and I will add them to this list : )

Haibane

Log outs.

Erm... and my pillory status removing. Please?

Vekseid

Log outs should not be happening anymore if your url is consistently at http://elliquiy.com

Vekseid

Err, but let me know if it still happens, regardless >_>

Vekseid

Greenthorn

Dawg

Greenthorn won't stop touching me - oh wait that's not a problem - carry on

Seriously though - Wiki link on the menu bar
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Greenthorn

Wiki is there Dawg!

*touchtouch*

1) Make it so that the SB goes up instead of down (scrolling and with the shout at the bottom)?
2) Color scheme change?  Pepto Bismal pink sucks!!  *grins*

Haibane

Chat link on the menu bar? Preferably one where I'm not blacklisted  ::)

Maeven

Obviously not a huge priority, but can you justify the signature blocks to the very bottom of posts rather than have them begin immediately after the substantive text?

(I like Pink! shup GT!)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Greenthorn

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 08:02:54 AM
Obviously not a huge priority, but can you justify the signature blocks to the very bottom of posts rather than have them begin immediately after the substantive text?

(I like Pink! shup GT!)

I agree..the huge sigs stink!

And pink is ....OOOOKAY...but the upset stomach relief pink is...a bit obnoxious *laughs*

Greenthorn

Okay...does anyone else have an extremely tiny smiley list?  Or is it my comp?

Vandren

I've got the extra tiny smileys too, GT.

And tiny light grey font for "Last Post" on the main page, under the forum titles.  The font's fine for me to read, if a tad small, but I'd bet there are lots of folks who can't read it.  And the light grey is nearly invisible against the background.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Caeli

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 08:02:54 AM

It's annoying and a bit inconvenient, but I turned off the signatures completely. XP I hate huge blocks of signature.

Last on your list: Arcade! And by last, I seriously mean... last. You can add it after everything else is fixed.

I like pink, but could it be a not-so-bright shade? Maybe a hue with a bit more gray in it, so I don't go blind when I'm staring at E. xP
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Inkidu

Tiny fonts, of the main index. It's really hard to read. Seriously this topic appears in point-two font.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Valerian

Any chance of re-adding the "you have XXXX messages, X are new" notifier?  It wouldn't have to be as large as it was, but I keep missing the tiny little numbers that appear on the message tab.  Eventually I'll get the habit of looking in the right spot, so it's no big deal; but I wanted to ask.

And okay, I like seeing how many messages in total I have at a glance...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Err.... I feel like it's almost a nitpick compared to the other stuff, but I really dislike our new smilies. It would be super+ awesome in my opinion if we could go back to the old ones. This is a pretty low priority issue in my opinion, so you can put it at the bottom of the list. But still... I really don't like the new smilies at all... And they're so small, it's hard to make out the faces anyway. The one that's supposed to be the one with the really big grin lookes like he's frowning or something, and the one with his tongue out looks like he's, uh, got something in his mouth.
O/O   A/A

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aeval

Links to email:
I get notified in my email when posts to an rp or thread are made or I get PM's- i noticed the only one working with the link to E! is the PN notification: when notified of a PM-the blue link takes me directly to E.
When notified of a post in an rp or any other thread or alphabet game etc- the link is in regular black color-even when I cut and paste- it doesn't bring me to E!. Don't know if this is significant or not but it's a change from before.

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Stattick

The SB history is a bit confusing. The SB currently has the most recent post on top, but the history has it on the bottom. A nitpick to be sure... on the other hand, I like almost everything else about the SB better then the old way.
O/O   A/A

Vekseid

Quote from: Aeval on March 03, 2009, 12:40:00 PM
Links to email:
I get notified in my email when posts to an rp or thread are made or I get PM's- i noticed the only one working with the link to E! is the PN notification: when notified of a PM-the blue link takes me directly to E.
When notified of a post in an rp or any other thread or alphabet game etc- the link is in regular black color-even when I cut and paste- it doesn't bring me to E!. Don't know if this is significant or not but it's a change from before.

Err, can you forward me examples of what you're talking about? vekseid@gmail.com

Updated.

Dawg

Can we get the quote button to work like the reply (Open in the post edit box), like it used to. Currently it opens in the quick reply box at the bottom and none of the formatting tags are available there so we either need to add formatting by hand or choose preview which takes us to the editor.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Stattick

Quote from: Dawg on March 03, 2009, 12:50:10 PM
Can we get the quote button to work like the reply (Open in the post edit box), like it used to. Currently it opens in the quick reply box at the bottom and none of the formatting tags are available there so we either need to add formatting by hand or choose preview which takes us to the editor.

Oh, thank you for remembering that Dawg... I knew there was something else I wanted to add to my last post.
O/O   A/A

Greenthorn

Ack!!

My buddy list has been pruned down!!

Maeven

Quote from: Dawg on March 03, 2009, 12:50:10 PM

If you just use the minus sign to close the quick reply box, quotes and replies will work like normal.  Alternatively, you can choose whether to show it at all in your profile settings.

The Cardinal Rule

Dawg

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 01:39:00 PM
If you just use the minus sign to close the quick reply box, quotes and replies will work like normal.  Alternatively, you can choose whether to show it at all in your profile settings.

Most Excellent Angel of the High Heels, Thank You *tight hugs*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Hunter

jouzinka

I'm willing to volunteer in finding the smilies set. And yes, I do understand, that unlike my own personal set they should NOT be animated.

Hunter, "My Topics" are now named "Bookmarks." ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Haibane

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 03, 2009, 01:05:59 PM
Ack!!

My buddy list has been pruned down!!
Yeah, Veks used the smokescreen of the server move to ban loads of people...

Trieste

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 01:39:00 PM

*dives at profile to turn it off*

Can we remove the editbox resizing, too? *hunts around for that option*

Mithlomwen

Is there a way that you can make the Doormat a sticky again so it isn't floating around the intro threads?
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Done!  Finally, something I could help with.  *grins*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Valerian on March 03, 2009, 03:03:31 PM
Done!  Finally, something I could help with.  *grins*

*giggle*  Thanks!!  You are swell!
Baby, it's all I know,

Dawg

*Hugs* Valerian

You do a lot of things, and those things free up Veks and Trieste to do the things you think you can't help with 

*Smiles and another Hug*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Valerian

You're very welcome, Mith.

*blushes and hugs*  Thanks, Dawg.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

I don't know what the heck is going on, but sometimes my quick modify function works, and sometimes it doesn't. When I try to modify my own posts, it worked; when I tried to modify someone else's, it didn't. I haven't tried it out and tested to see if this is the problem, though.

Oh. And the "modify" box... it's so UGLY. What they heck is wrong with it? Not only does the font change, but the font size changed too, AND I can no longer see my BBCode when I'm using the little shortcut buttons. I usually just type it out as I go (yay for the quick reply box), but when I hit preview, all my coding disappears and it's already "formatted" for me. I'm sure some people might appreciate the "auto-format" effect, but I hate it - please make a checkbox option available to "view BBCode" or "view code" or something to that effect, for those of us who care. ><; Fixed!

Oh, and some PM issues:

Quote from: Amberghylles on March 03, 2009, 10:58:24 AM
So, I'm running Firefox under Windows XP.
Whenever I load a page and it pops up the "you have a new PM, open it in a new window" box it opens the PM screen like it always has.
But when I go back to the old window, it's blank until I refresh it.
Not a big thing, but it's been consistent since the server move so I figured I'd mention it.

I've had the same problem, and I'm running the latest version of Firefox on my XP.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Quote from: Haibane on March 03, 2009, 02:30:38 PM
Yeah, Veks used the smokescreen of the server move to ban loads of people...

Uh huh I knew it!  He's taking all of my friends away so I'll leave!!

Greenthorn

Example of the font issue.  Normal size Moderator listing, and tiny itty bitty font elsewhere....

Just because I like to show examples!

Dawg

Quote from: Caeli on March 03, 2009, 03:50:29 PM
Oh. And the "modify" box... it's so UGLY. What they heck is wrong with it? Not only does the font change, but the font size changed too, AND I can no longer see my BBCode when I'm using the little shortcut buttons. I usually just type it out as I go (yay for the quick reply box), but when I hit preview, all my coding disappears and it's already "formatted" for me. I'm sure some people might appreciate the "auto-format" effect, but I hate it - please make a checkbox option available to "view BBCode" or "view code" or something to that effect, for those of us who care. ><;

This Button should be your new friend - I felt the same way until i discovered this will toggle between WYSIWYG and code.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Caeli

Aha! I just turned off WYSIWYG in my personal preferences. :P I was wondering what that was.

@GT: My font is normal. O.o; strange...

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Dingo apparently has tiny font also...so thankfully it's not just me!

Caeli

Here's what mine looks like. Excuse the poor color shading, I used paint rather than opening up Photoshop. --->

I figured out WYSIWG, so my issue with the coding box is fine. I don't even use it half the time (quick reply FTW), since I code naturally by hand, so it was fine, but it was nice to have that solved.

Though, the text for "moderator" is slightly bigger than it should be.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Caeli, that is how mine used to look pre-upgrade :)  Even my SS makes the text bigger!!

Lady Annabelle

Okay, this could be just because my computer at home is a piece of crap, but I have been running into more problems at home than at work.

When I first log in, every time I click on something, I get an IE script error saying 'request is null or not an object'.  Also, it says I have to be logged in to use the Shoutbox when I am already logged in.

After a while, the script goes away and I get a snapshot of the Shoutbox.  It never updates and just stays frozen.  Unfortunately, this causes my Spell Check button to go away.  I click on it, but it never comes up.  I thought this was a Flash issue, but that didn't seem to fix it.

Also, there is dead space in some people's posts.  For example, Greenthorn's posts above me.  It has her picture and her stats and to the right is nothing.  You look lower and there are her words.  It is only for people with bigger pictures as the smaller ones have nothing to do with it.

Anyway, this is probably just for me and I can live with it all, but I figured I would at least see if these were easily fixable or have already been addressed.

Thank you.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Caeli

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on March 03, 2009, 06:15:44 PMAlso, there is dead space in some people's posts.  For example, Greenthorn's posts above me.  It has her picture and her stats and to the right is nothing.  You look lower and there are her words.  It is only for people with bigger pictures as the smaller ones have nothing to do with it.

I think that's how posts normally look - she has an image, a double line break, and then her text...?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Caeli on March 03, 2009, 06:18:26 PM
I think that's how posts normally look - she has an image, a double line break, and then her text...?

I think that has to do with my pixels.  I always had mine at 800 X 600.  Before the move, it was fine, but something changed afterwards.

I just changed mine to 1024 X 768 and it went away.  I can deal with the pixel change, but I thought it was a bit strange that it was changed in the past few days.  Just an odd observation.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Vekseid

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on March 03, 2009, 06:28:48 PM
I think that has to do with my pixels.  I always had mine at 800 X 600.  Before the move, it was fine, but something changed afterwards.

I just changed mine to 1024 X 768 and it went away.  I can deal with the pixel change, but I thought it was a bit strange that it was changed in the past few days.  Just an odd observation.

Err... yeah, Not going to spend much effort on 800x600 : / Sorry.

Caeli

Is there a way, possibly, to have "newly-replied-to-topics" in the bookmarks have a highlight (like the notifications) when it is unread, rather than the tiny "new" thingie? =/ I preferred the highlight, it was easier to pick out topics on my list I hadn't replied to.

If it's not possible, then it's totally fine :) I'm just nitpicking.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

Theme stuff is lower on my priority list >_>

Caeli

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 08:22:31 PM
Theme stuff is lower on my priority list >_>

If it's a theme, then whatever. :) I was just wondering.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 06:59:52 PM
Err... yeah, Not going to spend much effort on 800x600 : / Sorry.

*Laughs*  I kind of feel like being rejected for not being allowed to race because my horse and buggy is out of date.  Once again, it really is not a big deal, but I figured out the change in the forums.

Before, when an avatar was too large, scrollbars vertically & horizontally would appear around the avatar so that you can see the full picture if you wanted, but it was still condensed enough not to change the post.  The scrollbars have disappeared in the new forum as every avatar can be clearly seen.

It’s not that important as it gives me incentive to change my resolution permanently, but just a quirky observation...

Valerian

Speaking of the newly replied to threads, is anyone else having problems with the new link not actually bringing them to the new posts?  I always end up having to scroll down to get to the ones I haven't read, and that never used to happen.  It may just be me, but that happens both at work and at home, which means it happens on two different operating systems (XP and Vista) as well as two different browsers (IE and Chrome).
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 07:30:27 AM
Err, but let me know if it still happens, regardless >_>
I am not getting log-outs any more. Nor... interestingly am I using www.elliquiy.com, I'm still bookmarked to the IP address.

Cherri Tart

put me in charge of everything *keeps straight face*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Hunter

Quote from: jouzinka on March 03, 2009, 02:02:37 PM
I'm willing to volunteer in finding the smilies set. And yes, I do understand, that unlike my own personal set they should NOT be animated.

Hunter, "My Topics" are now named "Bookmarks." ;)

It is?  Then that's why they're not there?  :P

Maeven

Quote from: Hunter on March 04, 2009, 08:38:41 AM
It is?  Then that's why they're not there?  :P

Hunter go to your profile, hover over modify profile; you'll see 'notifications' listed there.  Those are your old ones. You can transfer them to your bookmarks.   

The Cardinal Rule

Hunter

Quote from: Maeven on March 04, 2009, 08:58:50 AM
Hunter go to your profile, hover over modify profile; you'll see 'notifications' listed there.  Those are your old ones. You can transfer them to your bookmarks.

Ah, okay.  Thanks.   :)  *gropes around blindly some more*

Older And Wiser

There appears to be a problem with how the page is rendered in Firefox, at least version 3.0.6.  The chat/shout section drops down so that it covers all the tabs to the viewer's right from the "WIKI" link and beyond.  THis covers suchs things as bookmarks and messages.  I can email you screen shots if you like.

Older And Wiser

Quote from: Older And Wiser on March 04, 2009, 09:38:46 AM
There appears to be a problem with how the page is rendered in Firefox, at least version 3.0.6.  The chat/shout section drops down so that it covers all the tabs to the viewer's right from the "WIKI" link and beyond.  THis covers suchs things as bookmarks and messages.  I can email you screen shots if you like.

Never mind... I figured it out.  "It's a feecha!" as they say in Boston

Stattick

You know, for the life of me, I cannot remember exactly what the site did for private messages before the change. Yeah, stupid to have something like that, but unable to remember it...

Nevertheless, I would get alerted somehow to having new messages very quickly to when I recieved them. Now sometimes, they'll just sit there and sit there, unnoticed, sometimes for an hour or more, while I'm active on the site, flitting from thing to thing, not noticing the little number(s) next to "My messages". So, it's causing me to unintensionally ignore my PM's, and thus, those that are PMing me. Honestly, it's biggest complaint that I have right now. If we could go back to the old way, uh, whatever that was (stupid brain rot), that would be fantastic. If not, maybe we could have a little pop-up that says, "Hey smuck, you've got messages... ya want to look at 'em?" Alot of other sites I've been a member of did it that way, it worked really well.
O/O   A/A

jouzinka

Stattick, see number three on the To Do list and as for a pop-up that would sort of kick you that you have new messages, go to Profile -> Personal Messaging -> tick the "Show a popup when you receive new messages?" ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Caeli

Quote from: Stattick on March 04, 2009, 01:31:28 PM
You know, for the life of me, I cannot remember exactly what the site did for private messages before the change. Yeah, stupid to have something like that, but unable to remember it...

Nevertheless, I would get alerted somehow to having new messages very quickly to when I recieved them. Now sometimes, they'll just sit there and sit there, unnoticed, sometimes for an hour or more, while I'm active on the site, flitting from thing to thing, not noticing the little number(s) next to "My messages". So, it's causing me to unintensionally ignore my PM's, and thus, those that are PMing me. Honestly, it's biggest complaint that I have right now. If we could go back to the old way, uh, whatever that was (stupid brain rot), that would be fantastic. If not, maybe we could have a little pop-up that says, "Hey smuck, you've got messages... ya want to look at 'em?" Alot of other sites I've been a member of did it that way, it worked really well.

Link here --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=settings

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Sorsha

Help I see the SB but ZI see no button to send the message
History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the dark.  ----Lord John Warfin in Buckaroo Banzai

Ons and Offs

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Sorsha

History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the dark.  ----Lord John Warfin in Buckaroo Banzai

Ons and Offs

Caeli

Might be your browser. I would suggest restarting your browser, clearing your cache, the usual.
If you have further troubles, I suggest posting --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31645.msg1692791#new

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Hey Vek!

Is it possible to make the names clickable in the SB?  I like to be able to click on a new name to see if they are unapproved/approved and a newbie/or just someone I haven't met yet!!

Dawg

Youtube BB Code is not working, sample of what we were using:

[youtube=455,364]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QRy-PEgbls[/youtube]
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vekseid

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 05, 2009, 08:45:38 AM
Hey Vek!

Is it possible to make the names clickable in the SB?  I like to be able to click on a new name to see if they are unapproved/approved and a newbie/or just someone I haven't met yet!!

Added to the list : )

Quote from: Dawg on March 05, 2009, 10:39:20 AM
Youtube BB Code is not working, sample of what we were using:

[youtube=455,364]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QRy-PEgbls[/youtube]

The BBCode no longer applies. I'm waiting to see if Aeva updates again before applying it again >_>

With Aeva everything is automatically linked (including adult video sharing sites) and to not embed you use the [noembed] tag. I just turned it off for now as it's rather picky on being installed uninstalled.

Dawg

Quote from: Vekseid on March 05, 2009, 10:45:11 AM
The BBCode no longer applies. I'm waiting to see if Aeva updates again before applying it again >_>

With Aeva everything is automatically linked (including adult video sharing sites) and to not embed you use the [noembed] tag. I just turned it off for now as it's rather picky on being installed uninstalled.

Thanks, thought I saw that when the new server  first came up, then it disappeared. will see it when it comes back again.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

j9nightelf

Quote from: Valerian on March 03, 2009, 11:11:41 AM
Any chance of re-adding the "you have XXXX messages, X are new" notifier?  It wouldn't have to be as large as it was, but I keep missing the tiny little numbers that appear on the message tab.  Eventually I'll get the habit of looking in the right spot, so it's no big deal; but I wanted to ask.

And okay, I like seeing how many messages in total I have at a glance...

I feel exacly the same!  And other then the big signatures, everything looks great! 

THANK YOU!

Vandren

This is wiki related and fairly minor for the time being . . .

I uploaded a couple images for one group last night, used them on a page, but the thumbs aren't appearing.  I get a "Error creating thumbnail: sh: /usr/local/bin/convert: No such file or directory" message.  The files do exist (I see them and can open their pages when I go to "My Contributions"), so no clue why they aren't working.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Vekseid

Quote from: Vandren on March 05, 2009, 11:11:35 AM
This is wiki related and fairly minor for the time being . . .

I uploaded a couple images for one group last night, used them on a page, but the thumbs aren't appearing.  I get a "Error creating thumbnail: sh: /usr/local/bin/convert: No such file or directory" message.  The files do exist (I see them and can open their pages when I go to "My Contributions"), so no clue why they aren't working.

Sorry, should be fixed now. Forgot to add a symlink.

Vandren

The links to the images are working, but it's not making thumbnails.  Images uploaded before the update are working perfectly with the exact same code in the page (copy-pasted the image insertion code from the older images, then changed the file names).

Silver

I have no idea if anyone else has brought this up or not.

There are some topics which were locked for certain reasons and now I find that I can't unlock them at all. Nor can you lock brand new topic just made. I was just wondering about that.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

cattycutie

It might sound like a silly, pernickety thing, but is there a way of making the reply box bigger?

Also, when's the arcade coming back?
Beth's kinks

Hold me, I'm a fermata!

Vekseid

Quote from: Silver on March 05, 2009, 02:34:50 PM
I have no idea if anyone else has brought this up or not.

There are some topics which were locked for certain reasons and now I find that I can't unlock them at all. Nor can you lock brand new topic just made. I was just wondering about that.

Are you able to unlock them now?

Vekseid

Quote from: cattycutie on March 07, 2009, 06:14:49 AM
It might sound like a silly, pernickety thing, but is there a way of making the reply box bigger?

Also, when's the arcade coming back?

Click on the bar and drag it >_>

The arcade is the last thing. : )

Greenthorn

Vek...The donation bar thing...can it be moved to above the SB?  Perhaps put in the title where we have our PM notifictaion (yay! thanks!)?

Maeven

Quote from: Vekseid on March 07, 2009, 07:44:36 AM
Are you able to unlock them now?

I asked her last night, she said no... was going to mention it to you today.

The Cardinal Rule

Cecilia

Anyway to make the typeface larger on the screen for the Shoutbox and the "New Replies to Your post"  I imagine if I have a hard time seeing them, anyone with major vision issues won't see them at all...

Mithlomwen

Ok this is probably really nitpicky but I did notice that if you are say...in the Hot Box and you are in the reply screen and scroll down to the previous replies, and there happens to be another one you want to add to your reply, the [insert quote] font is REALLY tiny. 
Baby, it's all I know,

BigBuckBob

Quote from: Vekseid on March 07, 2009, 07:47:00 AM
Click on the bar and drag it >_>

The arcade is the last thing. : )
On the subject of arcade:[so ignore it, apologies if it isn't the type of feedback you're currently seeking.]

Don't know if you planned on keeping the tournaments option. I vote yes if you're still deciding. Anyway, if it is kept. Possibly an update via pm, that informs those involved of when a round ends and it is time for the next round.
Or each player can play all the games as time allows, rather then waiting for everyone else.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Vekseid

Quote from: Buchanen on March 07, 2009, 04:10:57 PM
On the subject of arcade:[so ignore it, apologies if it isn't the type of feedback you're currently seeking.]

Don't know if you planned on keeping the tournaments option. I vote yes if you're still deciding. Anyway, if it is kept. Possibly an update via pm, that informs those involved of when a round ends and it is time for the next round.
Or each player can play all the games as time allows, rather then waiting for everyone else.

The SMF arcade is a HUGE modification. The later the cleaner, the cleaner the better : )

Vekseid

Hokay, I've added three simple bbcode tags. These are: floatleft, floatright, and justify. justify works like the left, right, and center tags, which does full justification of text. floatleft and floatright create floating divs, which allows you to do things like wrap text around an image.

I'm putting off more complex codes for now in order to try to get another subproject here finished - I want to roll the blogs into SMF entirely, which means creating a layout for it and such, a bit like the dicebot and chat currently do. That way permission isn't required and more importantly, people can comment directly on blog posts.

If anyone wants more simple bbcode tags, feel free to ask.

Caeli

Veks, d'ya think you can make it so that when you float an image like that, there's a... how do you put it... slight spacing / margin between the image and the text? :( If it's not possible,  or will take some configuring, it can wait. You know how annoying my OCDness is.

Thank you. <333

-big hug-

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Stattick

Quote from: Caeli on March 07, 2009, 10:25:06 PM
Veks, d'ya think you can make it so that when you float an image like that, there's a... how do you put it... slight spacing / margin between the image and the text? :( If it's not possible,  or will take some configuring, it can wait. You know how annoying my OCDness is.

Thank you. <333

-big hug-

I'm right there with you. Being able to wrap text with a simple command instead of relying on simple bbc tables that cannot be specified as a particular pixel width is great, but it would be awesome if there was a default little space between the image and text, or maybe a defineable space.
O/O   A/A

Vekseid

Okay, I've added a padding parameter to the image tag... so far, the only parameters it accepts nicely (so far) are padding, height and width.

[img padding=10 height=400 width=300]https://elliquiy.com/forums/avs/avatar_2.png[/img]Hello world!

Produces:
Hello world!

Stattick

Oh... I really like this. For my purposes, I think that the img pading is certainly good enough.
O/O   A/A

Cecilia

I don't have a "Reply All" feature on my messages anymore....is this a preference setting I can't seem to find or some other problem you get to fix?

Greenthorn

Something that bugs me and I know I've seen you (Vek) mention it somewhere or other:

There's been a lot of newbies with names that are -really- close to names already in use.  Is there a way to make it so that certain names are unavailable?

Like for mine:

Greenthorn

No one can join as: GT, Greenie, GreenT

Cherri_Tart

No one can join as: Cherri, Tartlet, Cherry_Tart

I guess the nicknames we all have would be too difficult to incorporate in it...but it -would- be really nice.  (I mean I'm sure you could find someone to list all of everyone's nicknames for you after making a post and having people send them in and all...if it is indeed something that can be done ::) )

Caeli

-squees at the image padding-

Thank you Veks. <33

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 08, 2009, 02:02:26 PM
Something that bugs me and I know I've seen you (Vek) mention it somewhere or other:

There's been a lot of newbies with names that are -really- close to names already in use.  Is there a way to make it so that certain names are unavailable?

Like for mine:

Greenthorn

No one can join as: GT, Greenie, GreenT

Cherri_Tart

No one can join as: Cherri, Tartlet, Cherry_Tart

I guess the nicknames we all have would be too difficult to incorporate in it...but it -would- be really nice.  (I mean I'm sure you could find someone to list all of everyone's nicknames for you after making a post and having people send them in and all...if it is indeed something that can be done ::) )

If someone makes an obvious dupe name we can deal with them.

Caeli

Ooh. >.>; -coughs and peeks around a boulder-

Any chance you could... make the padding selective? >_>;

Like, padding-left, padding-right, padding-top, padding-bottom...

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Went to unlock a topic and it won't let me:

This was locked by an administrator. You cannot unlock it.

Vekseid

That you're either going to have to get a mod to unlock for you, and see if you can lock/unlock it yourselves, otherwise we'll need to get some moderators for the Adult Socializing forum.

Greenthorn

Well it was for the Photo Album...which I had locked...so ummm...

Make me a mod?

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Quote from: Caeli on March 09, 2009, 07:40:33 AM
It's been unlocked. :P

Thank you...but it was supposed to be locked...somehow became unlocked during the night and then locked again...then unlockable by me this morning. 

Okay...which one of you is trying to confuse me?!?!  *tries the paranoia act*

Dawg

Maybe it was your picture elf. 

She added pictures yesterday. Or did you lock it then this happened afterward?
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Greenthorn

Quote from: Dawg on March 09, 2009, 07:58:43 AM
Maybe it was your picture elf. 

She added pictures yesterday. Or did you lock it then this happened afterward?

It was locked...then this morning I saw she had somehow posted (no biggie except I did not unlock it!)...I went to unlock it so I could quote one of her posts (to PM her with the correct layout code) and I could not unlock it.  Very strange.

Greenthorn

Problem solved.  The elf had Trieste unlock and lock it which made my permissions null and void *laughs*

Vekseid

Should make sure the same gets done with Silver's thread, too.

Maeven

The Cardinal Rule

Vekseid

Dawg

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 09, 2009, 08:10:29 AM
Problem solved.  The elf had Trieste unlock and lock it which made my permissions null and void *laughs*

Elfs and Fae's running around locking and unlocking threads, what mayhem.

Next thing you know there will be statues of Werewolf's and Demons in the Hotbox

Wait .... Oh .... Uhm I stand corrected that was from before the upgrade, carry on.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Greenthorn

Quote from: Dawg on March 09, 2009, 08:36:09 AM
Elfs and Fae's running around locking and unlocking threads, what mayhem.

Next thing you know there will be statues of Werewolf's and Demons in the Hotbox

Wait .... Oh .... Uhm I stand corrected that was from before the upgrade, carry on.

Yes, Dawg, yes.  I have already desecrated the HB.  Soon Elliquiy will be overrun by my desecration.

Vekseid

This is going off topic and I want to focus on current needs, so locking and switching : )