What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 01, 2009, 09:53:54 PM
You didn't even like the Egg Beetle boss in Africa? That felt like the kind of boss fight a Sonic game SHOULD have!
Look what I want for a Sonic game and they've never delivered on this:

Speed, bone crushing, neck breaking, matter liquefying speed. I want to see a blue blur. I don't want guns and gimmicks I want Sonic set to the pace of an Aston Martin DB-9. I want it F-Zero GX fast. I want the image of crossing the goal line to hit me when I turn the game off and not before.

All that tech and they seem to just be finding ways to make the game slower.

I would also like to see all the boss fight done while running at aforementioned speed. That seems natural for a game like Sonic but only a few games have ever done it.   
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on September 01, 2009, 10:10:34 PM
Look what I want for a Sonic game and they've never delivered on this:

Speed, bone crushing, neck breaking, matter liquefying speed. I want to see a blue blur. I don't want guns and gimmicks I want Sonic set to the pace of an Aston Martin DB-9. I want it F-Zero GX fast. I want the image of crossing the goal line to hit me when I turn the game off and not before.

All that tech and they seem to just be finding ways to make the game slower.

I would also like to see all the boss fight done while running at aforementioned speed. That seems natural for a game like Sonic but only a few games have ever done it.

You just described the Egg Beetle boss right there xD

Was fast as hell, required twitch reflex and plenty of dodging.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 01, 2009, 10:13:50 PM
You just described the Egg Beetle boss right there xD

Was fast as hell, required twitch reflex and plenty of dodging.
I don't know, the first were-hedgehog segment killed the whole game for me. It was just so dull.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aiden

Sabby

Agreed. Remember that I'm referring to the 360 version, though. I know the other versions may be different, and so the awesomeness that is the Egg Beetle may not translate quite as well xD

But basically, you were speeding along some wooden catwalks and bridges in an African canopy, with Eggman in a giant mecha fire ant thing ahead of you, launching missles which explode in pillars of flame you need to weave and dodge past to get close enough to bonk him on the nose.

Then it would cut to a 2D angle, and have him launching slower missiles for you to jump and slide under, and then he would try to cheap shot you whilst your dodging. Quick enough, and you can dodge and smack him right back.

If thats not a Sonic Boss battle, then what is?

BluDragonX

I will make this one simple Any Movie or TV show based game

SleepyWei

Quote from: BluDragonX on September 01, 2009, 11:33:17 PM
I will make this one simple Any Movie or TV show based game

Considering how all game interpretations of TV shows and Movies are nothing more than cheap attempts to get more profit, I'm surprised anyone would play those games at all. The only game interpreted from a movie that I thought was decent was the Chronicles of Riddick. Maybe it was just cause of the FPS :P

Transgirlenstein

Any Final Fantasy.  I find them all the same and I find the main character often unlikable and dull.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Jag

I love this one and hate it:

Galerians: Ash (It's a sequal to Galerians)

I love the graphics, story, and sound track.

I HATE the damn game play!!! My god, how the hell do they expect you to find a key that they say fell on the floor on the bottom level when it turns out it's on TOP of a stack of boxes!!! How the hell did it get up there if someone dropped it!?!?! And what the hell is with the little planet cards saying a planet is in red and then asking for a password?!!?! Turns out the password has nothing to do with the damn cards!!!

I liked the movie about the first game though...>.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lunaris

Quote from: Sabby on September 01, 2009, 10:42:37 PM
Agreed. Remember that I'm referring to the 360 version, though. I know the other versions may be different, and so the awesomeness that is the Egg Beetle may not translate quite as well xD

But basically, you were speeding along some wooden catwalks and bridges in an African canopy, with Eggman in a giant mecha fire ant thing ahead of you, launching missles which explode in pillars of flame you need to weave and dodge past to get close enough to bonk him on the nose.

Then it would cut to a 2D angle, and have him launching slower missiles for you to jump and slide under, and then he would try to cheap shot you whilst your dodging. Quick enough, and you can dodge and smack him right back.

If thats not a Sonic Boss battle, then what is?

You're not the only one who liked Sonic Unleashed. Scratching out the annoyance of the Werehog, it was amazing! Especially some of the Downloadable Content. Try the Mazuri one, Sabbat. You'll LOVE it. One of the levels is down in that Egg Beetle style.

The werehog sucks, but once all the Daytime Sonic levels were unlocked, I didn't have to look at that thing ever again. And beyond that, you really ought to try Sonic Rush, Inkidu. It's on the DS. Very, very good game. No gimmicks. Just Sonic (and Blaze, who is actually a very good alternate character to play as.). I've had Rush and Rush Adventure for over a year and I still play them.

Guincho

I foolishly blind-bought Resident Evil Director's Cut: Dual Shock Version, and discovered much to my chagrin that they completely changed the soundtrack for the worse. I forget if it was this version or the original Director's Cut that promised to restore the censored material from the first release, but it was STILL censored in this version, too.

Other than that there's not many games I honestly REGRET buying/renting/playing, since I check reviews to see if it's going to be a Big Rigs-level disaster. Games that aren't that outright bad are at worst slightly below mediocre, so they don't bother me that much. In terms of mainstream games, though, I didn't care much for Final Fantasy VIII.

Raven41174

wwe   smackdown vs raw 2009

there is really no story line to this game, just a bunch of button smashing and luck
From ashes we were born, and to ashes we shall return

Ons and Offs

Raven has requested indefinite access restriction.

Oniya

Is there ever a storyline to a wrestling sim?  Don't get me wrong, my husband loves the things, but it's usually for the pure point of - erm - button mashing.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Raven41174

Nah, there have been a few that give you story lines, but very few and far between

Ons and Offs

Kaiten

There is a storyline, via career or create a wrestler usually.

It's made to have tactics, it really is, however I find that the computer often can do things that I find unfair.

The only time the buttons are mashed is when the controller hits the wall from my rage.

Raven41174

laughs, I know your pain, I know your pain ;D

Ons and Offs

Monochromatic

The SIMs (any of them). For some reason ,I just cant get into them. I love building the homes and whatnot, but actually playing just bores me.

I'm an FPS and RP kinda gal.

Raven41174

Thats funny, my wife is the same way with sims

Ons and Offs

Monochromatic

Haha. We probably both feel that it's a lot funner to create something, then baby sit a bunch of virtual people and telling them to use the restroom.

xD

Butterflykiss

The Longest Journey.

It lived up to its name.  :-\

Inkidu

I'm never playing another Sonic game again. Never, never ever.

Sabby

Star Wars: Republic Heroes.

If the A Button you tap, jump you will! Tap again, and a double jump you will do. Bounce off of walls you must, if right is your timing, the top you will reach.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on September 02, 2009, 07:11:32 AM
Any Final Fantasy.  I find them all the same and I find the main character often unlikable and dull.

*twitch, twitch*

Sorry, this sentence is one of my major pet peeves. Saying that every Final Fantasy game is the same, and that every main character is dull, just reeks of "I haven't played this, but I know it sucks!" I mean, maybe it's just me, but I can't find any real comparisons between Final Fantasy VIII and IX (Sci-fi world with ridiculous weapons like gunblades, but very hot teachers vs. fantasy world with more realistic (except for the blue mage stand-in) weapons, and very hot...every confirmed female), and the main character of IX is a far cry from VII and VIII. For one thing...he actually develops! I know, shocking, especially since every Final Fantasy character does that in every game after the original, but no one seems to notice. [/nerd rage]

On topic, Fallout 3. I know, some of you want to rip out my throat now for hating "one of the best Western RPG's ever"...*puts on Simon Cowell voice* but honestly, I found it quite dull and repetitive. It was the same thing over...and over...and over again. Somehow, a game that gives you two options (use gun vs use bigger gun) to each quest is more varied and interesting than a game that at least gives you different kinds of weapons? Plus, the world of Oblivion was just more interesting and varied than the wastelands of D.C. Maybe the expansion packs changed that, but I found the game to be quite dull and way too repetetetetetive.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Morven

On the other hand, there are commonalities between the games in style of play to a degree; for some, those commonalities are unlikable.
NaNo word count: 50,180 (done with NaNo, but not with the story ...)
Ons & Offs (generalities and explanations) | New Ons & Offs (checklist) | Apologies & Absences

thebobmaster

Quote from: Morven on October 22, 2009, 01:35:07 AM
On the other hand, there are commonalities between the games in style of play to a degree; for some, those commonalities are unlikable.

Some commonalities. Not very many, though. You can't even say that the battle systems are all the sames, because the ATB system wasn't used until (I believe) FFVI, and even after that, FFX used a completely turn-based system, and FFXII used a real-time system. Hell, not even magic is used the same way between games. Just about the only commonality I can think of is that there are summons in most of the games.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!