Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20A (Two Slots Open)

Started by Jaded, June 27, 2014, 02:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207597.0

We are currently looking for two replacement players.  An Ahroun, and a Theurge.  The game has only recently started, and it should be easy enough to fit in a couple of new characters.  Post here or PM me if interested, thanks. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I'd like to run a Werewolf: The Apocalypse, 20th Edition game.  It would probably be NC-Exotic or Extreme (with 'defeat' resulting in smutty scenes generally.  I'm not going to be trying to TPK the group every fight, but will probably lean slightly towards more powerful foes than might be normal.  I do prefer characters are female, but won't require it).  I'd like a group of 4-6 players (and will not go higher than 6).  I lean towards an all Werewolf group, though I do have the Changing Breeds book and would probably consider one or two that could fit into a pack (Corax or similar). 

I haven't decided where I'd like to set the game yet, though I am leaning towards having it start in a larger city, but have occasional forays into the country.  The basic concept I have is that a 'biker' pack, who provided a great deal of the Garou's local muscle, recently vanished.  The local Sept is struggling to protect its territory while scrambling to find answers.  A new pack of younger Garou has been formed from those who have recently completed their Rite of Passage, and are being sent out on lower level tasks while the big guns are busy elsewhere. 

The initial plot I have in mind is focused on investigating a teenage Kinfolk who has been arrested after committing multiple murders. 

Any interest?  Anyone willing to give me a chance despite a couple failed games in the past?  Either way, thanks for reading this far :) . 

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dice

This reminds me, I need a Pod of that book. I don't want to open the pretty one.

I am more than open for this. If all my options are available I would like to play either a Swara or a Bone Gnawer.

Edit.

For all who are interested:
http://rpgroller.com/wod/

Marie Reynolds

I  just might be interested in this. Would we be forming a pack, will a sept be established in the city, and will we  pick a pack totem.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jaded

A Bone Gnawer would probably make more sense.  Though a Swara could work if you can come up with a good reason why they'd be running with a pack of Garou.

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 27, 2014, 05:20:50 PM
I  just might be interested in this. Would we be forming a pack, will a sept be established in the city, and will we  pick a pack totem.

My intent is for the group to start as a pack, though if there are any Fera that don't really fit a pack (I think a few get their own Totem) they'd be more of associate members I suppose.  Either way, I would want all characters to be able to work as a group.

There would be a Sept in the city, though I don't have a firm idea on it yet.  I am leaning towards a large city with a powerful, but solitary, Sept.  It would probably be in a river park or similar, and while it is well defended, it is increasingly vulnerable.  I am leaning towards making it a Glass Walker and Children of Gaia dominated Sept, with a significant local Get of Fenris presence, but am open to discussion on the tribes.   

Any points the pack assigned to a totem would go towards a totem.  I won't make the pack acquire their totem ingame, so will probably summarize how that went.  I will leave it up to the players what the totem is, unless as a group you can't decide.

I somewhat want to go with a South America or Central America city, but to keep it simple (and familiar) I may just stick with a larger US or Canadian city.  Hrm.  Actually, I may go with Las Vegas as the city and place the Caern/Sept inside the Clark County Wetlands Park.  Not traditional for Glass Walkers, but still close to an area they are probably interested in (maybe they are more focused on the local Golf Club).  Any thoughts?

Chulanowa

Heya, this caught my eye, and I'm interested. i just have one question... when you say "NC-extreme," how extreme are you meaning, roundabouts?

Jaded

I only mentioned Extreme as the inclusion of a scene with a Black Spiral Dancer in wolf form occurred to me, but I get that most people aren't into that, so am fining keeping it as NC-Exotic. 

Chulanowa

Right then, count me interested. i'd have to know a little more setting-wise to pick a tribe and stuff (Red Talon likely won't fit, I assume? hmmmm!) but yeah, ears are perked

AndyZ

I might go for the Ahroun if that's okay by folks.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Marie Reynolds

Hmm a more progessive Sept would be a nice change of pace for me so Making it Glass walkers and Children of Gaia would fit that nicely especially if Sept Alpha is a COG. I am not sure how much wilderness is in Las vegas that is not a state park but maybe a piecece of property owned by the Sept that the built a house with various types of Solar powered technology allowing for a happy medium between technology and being closer to the nature but not sacrificing modern conveniences. Also allow for some  self sustanibality such as having a farm and raising of live stock might be an interesting sept holding. Also give more privacy then a state park. Maybe have a strong Shadow lord presence. Cause lets face it Vegas being a place where the Silver Fangs might be just to proud to even want a powerbase there. Also if we have someone who wants to play a corax or a nuwisha would be pretty reasonable area given the Natives before the westerners came.

Jaded

AndyZ - ? Ahroun
Chulanowa - ?
Dice - Swara or Bone Gnawer ?
Marie Reynolds - ?
Pumpkin Seeds - ?
Open

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 27, 2014, 06:32:16 PM
Right then, count me interested. i'd have to know a little more setting-wise to pick a tribe and stuff (Red Talon likely won't fit, I assume? hmmmm!) but yeah, ears are perked

A Red Talon would probably be a poor fit. 

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 27, 2014, 06:35:52 PM
Hmm a more progessive Sept would be a nice change of pace for me so Making it Glass walkers and Children of Gaia would fit that nicely especially if Sept Alpha is a COG. I am not sure how much wilderness is in Las vegas that is not a state park but maybe a piecece of property owned by the Sept that the built a house with various types of Solar powered technology allowing for a happy medium between technology and being closer to the nature but not sacrificing modern conveniences. Also allow for some  self sustanibality such as having a farm and raising of live stock might be an interesting sept holding. Also give more privacy then a state park. Maybe have a strong Shadow lord presence. Cause lets face it Vegas being a place where the Silver Fangs might be just to proud to even want a powerbase there. Also if we have someone who wants to play a corax or a nuwisha would be pretty reasonable area given the Natives before the westerners came.

Thanks for the suggestions :-) .  I like the idea of a farm, though it might would be more distant and run by kinfolk (but could come up in future plots).  I need to look up the structure of a Sept more, but I am leaning towards it having a Child of Gaia as the Sept Leader, but a pair of Glass Walkers Elders about as part of a council.  The Warder would probably be a Get of Fenris Athro.  I'm not sure on the Talesinger, Truthcatcher, and Master of the Rite yet.

Below is what I had been writing up.  I see the McMansion as being similar to what you described, designed to be largely self-sufficient (other than food perhaps, but that could come from a more distant farm).  Any thoughts or comments from anyone?  The basic concept I had is a Caern that has slowly been encroached upon by Las Vegas.  The Sept has long been fighting to try and keep as many people away as possible, but the ever increasing number of tourists and wyrm influence makes it difficult. 

The Caern of Bleached Bones is located in a hidden cave within the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, just west of Las Vegas.  The Caern itself is unfortunately vulnerable due to the open terrain nearby and difficulty in having any large number of pack members about.  It is usually guarded by three packs, one in the penumbra, one in the cave itself, and one outside posing as tourists. 

The Sept of the Bleached Bones has two major strongpoints near the Caern.  A cluster of ‘green’ McMansions on the edge of the Las Vegas suburbs, and a tour company near Red Rock Canyon.  The tours, mostly provided by Children of Gaia kinfolk, lectures tourists on the need for conservation, while providing guided tours that carefully avoid any sensitive areas. 

Chulanowa

A Red Talon would probably be a poor fit. 
Ain't that always how it goes?  :D

I'm leaning Ragabash or Theurge myself, since Ahroun seems to have been called; Unsure of tribe as of yet.

I like the setting you've got so far. The caern faced with the reality of an expanding city is an interesting one.

AndyZ

Meh.  I'm not coming up with any decent ideas.

Dice

Ok, as I read, the less interested I am in trying to make a cat work. I can't come up with a good reason for a cat to stay, I have a few on why one would arrive, but stay, no.

So I would like to play a Philodox Bone Gnawer. A very quite man, mostly seeking to ovoid violence, but when it's needed he will cause hell. His main strength is that he can get information with ease on a people level. Moving in and out of low end bars, taking to those on the street, calling favours with contacts and mortal gangs. These are the things he does. But he likes to do it quietly. Unnoticed. He hates the idea that someone would see his paws in one of his pots and tip it over. That makes life hard.

Most morals think he is a big guy, he is not. He just happens to be a able to pass as human in Glabro, so he spends most of his time in it. He is mostly a social creature, gaining what he needs though trickery and guile. But he is not the most moral of men, willing to use his contacts and acquaintances to get what he needs.

Lastly, I am open to change if needed.

Jaded

AndyZ - ? Ahroun
Chulanowa - ? Ragabash or Theurge
Dice - Bone Gnawer Philodox
Marie Reynolds - ?
Pumpkin Seeds - ?
Open

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 27, 2014, 08:36:32 PM
Ain't that always how it goes?  :D

I'm leaning Ragabash or Theurge myself, since Ahroun seems to have been called; Unsure of tribe as of yet.

I like the setting you've got so far. The caern faced with the reality of an expanding city is an interesting one.

Let me know which you'd prefer.

Quote from: AndyZ on June 27, 2014, 08:52:40 PM
Meh.  I'm not coming up with any decent ideas.

I hate when that happens.   :-(

Quote from: Dice on June 27, 2014, 09:26:27 PM
Ok, as I read, the less interested I am in trying to make a cat work. I can't come up with a good reason for a cat to stay, I have a few on why one would arrive, but stay, no.

So I would like to play a Philodox Bone Gnawer. A very quite man, mostly seeking to ovoid violence, but when it's needed he will cause hell. His main strength is that he can get information with ease on a people level. Moving in and out of low end bars, taking to those on the street, calling favours with contacts and mortal gangs. These are the things he does. But he likes to do it quietly. Unnoticed. He hates the idea that someone would see his paws in one of his pots and tip it over. That makes life hard.

Most morals think he is a big guy, he is not. He just happens to be a able to pass as human in Glabro, so he spends most of his time in it. He is mostly a social creature, gaining what he needs though trickery and guile. But he is not the most moral of men, willing to use his contacts and acquaintances to get what he needs.

Lastly, I am open to change if needed.

That should work.  :-)

Muse

*Waves*  Hi Jaded! 

I haven't had time to read yet, but I'd LOVE to play! 

I see you allready have 5.  If you have one of each auspice allready, I'd have fun playing a corax.  If some poeple double up, though, I'd enjoy playing whatever's missing. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jaded

If Muse is interested (and everyone else still is), that will put us at the maximum of six. 

If everyone would like to come up with a concept I would appreciate it.  :-)  Thanks.  I'll see if I can't dig up a good character sheet to use. 

AndyZ - ? Ahroun
Marie Reynolds - ?
Muse - ?
Pumpkin Seeds - ?

Quote from: Muse on June 28, 2014, 12:05:39 AM
*Waves*  Hi Jaded! 

I haven't had time to read yet, but I'd LOVE to play! 

I see you allready have 5.  If you have one of each auspice allready, I'd have fun playing a corax.  If some poeple double up, though, I'd enjoy playing whatever's missing. 

Read it over and let me know.  As of yet there are still open auspices and no Fera. 

Muse

Hi all! 

Okay, I've read up and this is going to be cool. 

Currently I'm torn between a Glass Walker and a Corax. 

The glass walker might be a theurge?  Alternatively a ragabash monkey wrencher? 

I love playing theurge but it can be a bit frustrating as a starting character, because gifts are so expensive with bonus points.  A theurge pretty much needs Spirit Speech, and the whole party benefits if someone with high gnosis knows Mother's Touch. 

I suppose if no one else wants galiard, I could have fun with a garage band rocker who is either Glass Walker or Fiana. 

Silver fangs are also worth bouncing around if they have a presence.  :) 

Jaded, how old do you want us?  Werewolf lends itself very well to the homid born starting off at 16 or so.  Some people aren't comfortable with that. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

So I have not chose a tribe yet but how would a Galliard Metis sound?

Marie Reynolds

Well to be trained as a theurge if youu first change was around 16 you might be looking between 2 to three years and depending on apitude  it could be quite a bit before your rite of passage or a relative short time to even when you are given your rite of passage.

Muse

*nods* 

I was under the impression that first changes were often somewhat younger than that.  That was why I brgouht it up. 

I was mostly just asking Jaded and the other players about their comfort zones. 

Jaded

AndyZ - ? Ahroun
Marie Reynolds - ? Metis Galliard
Muse - ? Glass Walker or Corax, Theurge or Ragabash
Pumpkin Seeds - ?

Quote from: Muse on June 28, 2014, 08:25:26 AM
Jaded, how old do you want us?  Werewolf lends itself very well to the homid born starting off at 16 or so.  Some people aren't comfortable with that. 

As long as they are within the Elliquiy rules I'm not overly concerned about age.  A search has the line "It's most common during puberty, but it's not unknown for a Garou to experience the first change during adulthood."  So go with whatever age you prefer for your character.

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 28, 2014, 09:29:28 AM
So I have not chose a tribe yet but how would a Galliard Metis sound?

Sounds good to me. :-)

AndyZ

Think I'm going to go with a Lupus Get of Fenris Ahroun.  It's kind of a stereotype but not one I've ever played before.

Pumpkin Seeds

Kind of thinking about a Child of Gaia, Ahroun that believes in peace through dueling.

Or maybe a Shadow Lord..not sure.