News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Avengers the Movie

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 05, 2012, 02:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Avengers is going to rock..they are letting just enough fun to make me want to see the movie NOW!

http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=marvel_s_the-avengers_clip-1

And..then there is Coulson in the Marvel One-Shots.
http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=the-consultant
http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=marvel-one-shot2

Coulson.. is THE MAN!

Rinzler

I'm as rocked as hell for this film too. And like everyone else who's got an interest in this, I'm still none the wiser as who these beings are that constitutes Loki's army. Initial clues suggested Skrulls, but that's been flatly denied by the people involved. Course, that could still mean the Skrulls Ultimate counterparts, The Chitauri, could be involved.

Other suggestions have been The Badoon and The Sons of Muspell. But the ones these creatures look closest to are the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim:

But it's still anyone's guess at the moment. I honestly reckon the identity of these aliens is deliberately being kept secret in order to stoke up interest in the film. The tactic certainly seems to be working :-)

And the rumours that Thanos might make an appearance have resurfaced again...

Shjade

Quote from: DeMalachine on April 05, 2012, 03:06:01 PM
Other suggestions have been The Badoon and The Sons of Muspell. But the ones these creatures look closest to are the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim
Given Loki shows up in the trailer, that sounds reasonable.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Cold Heritage

I'm fairly ambivalent about the Avengers . . . all I want is a full length, feature film about Agent Coulson.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Cold Heritage on April 05, 2012, 06:11:02 PM
I'm fairly ambivalent about the Avengers . . . all I want is a full length, feature film about Agent Coulson.

I figure that I could be very happy with more 'Marvel One Shots.' with him and the guy from 'The Consultant'.

summoner2183

If you are talking about Loki, then the Jotun would not be far behind, I think.

midwestgal

Which DVD is the Consultant one shot on? I know the Thor's Hammer one is on the Captain America DVD.
"He cannot be a part of me. Batman does not eat nachos!" - Batman, The Brave and The Bold

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: midwestgal on April 07, 2012, 02:24:53 PM
Which DVD is the Consultant one shot on? I know the Thor's Hammer one is on the Captain America DVD.

Think it was the Thor Blu Ray.

midwestgal

Ah, I'll have to check it out then. I just bought that a few weeks ago. We're planning a little marathon party before going to see The Avengers.

"He cannot be a part of me. Batman does not eat nachos!" - Batman, The Brave and The Bold

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: midwestgal on April 07, 2012, 02:36:07 PM
Ah, I'll have to check it out then. I just bought that a few weeks ago. We're planning a little marathon party before going to see The Avengers.

Doing he same in the theater.  They are doing a special. 

HockeyGod

I am still upset they cast Chris Evans as 2 different Marvel super-heroes. I can't picture him as Captain America when I'm picturing him as the Human Torch.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: alxnjsh on April 07, 2012, 07:30:03 PM
I am still upset they cast Chris Evans as 2 different Marvel super-heroes. I can't picture him as Captain America when I'm picturing him as the Human Torch.

sorry..after the ending scene in Time Square where you see it hitting him that his world was gone.. I don't see him as Johnny Storm anymore. He's Cap to me now. :D

Shjade

He's both.

He's... The Human America!
◕/◕'s

Tiberius

lol *snort*

But this is going to be awesome, Loki is like indestructible obviously after floating in the void he's still around. But they have small-ish fighters that shoot blue crap so I doubt it is the frost giants, but there are multiple different beings that inhabit that realm. The interesting this is how were they able to find Earth? Have they discovered another gateway bridge? Or have they somehow managed to find Earth on star maps?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tiberius on April 07, 2012, 10:27:06 PM
lol *snort*

But this is going to be awesome, Loki is like indestructible obviously after floating in the void he's still around. But they have small-ish fighters that shoot blue crap so I doubt it is the frost giants, but there are multiple different beings that inhabit that realm. The interesting this is how were they able to find Earth? Have they discovered another gateway bridge? Or have they somehow managed to find Earth on star maps?

I don't know.. but the 'offical movie merch' includes.. Skulls. And that thing Iron Man is chased by looks like the 'movieverse' version of the world serpent sorta thing.

Tiberius

Jormungandr? The world snake? Otherwise known as the Midgard Serpent and son of Loki. According to the legend Thor kills Jormungandr during Ragnarok then dies soon after having being poisoned by the great serpent.

Will be interesting to see how they interpret this, as Loki has two other children, the giant grey wolf Fenrir and Hel goddess of the underworld.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: alxnjsh on April 07, 2012, 07:30:03 PM

That's the same guy? I had no idea.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 08, 2012, 01:02:30 PM
That's the same guy? I had no idea.

Me neither.

But Captain America being able to light himself on fire and throw a flaming shield?

YES PLEASE.

Rinzler

Early tweets from the screening two days ago (I think it was two days, anyway) suggest that the film is pretty damn good, and that the hulk is just...well, excellent.

Shjade

Quote from: Wolfy on April 08, 2012, 02:00:35 PM
Me neither.

But Captain America being able to light himself on fire and throw a flaming shield?

YES PLEASE.

Would never happen, even if Cap got fire powers.

Captain America, setting an image of the American flag on fire?

Never happen.
◕/◕'s

Rinzler

Just seen it today. Alas, the standout moments for me are a bit too spoilerish to be revealed right now, but suffice it to say...oh fuckin hell, it's great. One thing they got right was how each of the superheroes were introduced into the movie; nothing felt contrived or shoehorned in - there was a distinct impression that they were all brought together for reasons that went back into their own individual storylines. In fact, a number of plot elements from the previous standalone superhero movies had resonances with this story, and it worked really, really well.

I saw the 3D version - I'd say the effect was workmanlike but not standout; then again, the 3D did in no way distract from anything that was going on on-screen. So IMO you're not gaining or losing much from watching either the 2D or 3D version - it's just down to a matter of personal preference.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: DeMalachine on April 26, 2012, 04:04:28 PM
Just seen it today. Alas, the standout moments for me are a bit too spoilerish to be revealed right now, but suffice it to say...oh fuckin hell, it's great. One thing they got right was how each of the superheroes were introduced into the movie; nothing felt contrived or shoehorned in - there was a distinct impression that they were all brought together for reasons that went back into their own individual storylines. In fact, a number of plot elements from the previous standalone superhero movies had resonances with this story, and it worked really, really well.

I saw the 3D version - I'd say the effect was workmanlike but not standout; then again, the 3D did in no way distract from anything that was going on on-screen. So IMO you're not gaining or losing much from watching either the 2D or 3D version - it's just down to a matter of personal preference.

Did you see and early preview or something as the release date is for May 4?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Rinzler

In the UK - where I am - it was released today. Dunno why it was released a few days before the US version; I guess the people involved in the marketing strategy must have their reasons.

HairyHeretic

I saw it was on in my local cinema yesterday as well, though I didn't have time to go to it. Probably will next week though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inception

Can't wait. This movie is going to be too epic.