News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Following threads...

Started by Praxis, May 11, 2008, 03:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

Is there a way to follow all the threads that I'm participating in WITHOUT having to simply remember them all?

<-- is dim-witted at times.

Moondazed

You could set them to notify (by clicking the button at the top) and then just go to the My Topics button on the toolbar.  I have an Elluiki page where I keep track, as well as keeping track of character/plot info :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Praxis

You're brilliant.  Thank you SO much.

Moondazed

~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Haibane

Not wanting to start a new thread when an existing one seemed to cover my own question...

And not wanting to be accused of necro-ing either...

I am now watching an awful lot of threads, thing is I really would like to see the game threads in a separate display to the others (particularly the players wanted/games wanted/game ideas threads). Is it possible/practical to have the notifications page modified so you see two (or more) tables and you can sort your thread notifications into one of them - a bit like IM software where you slot your buddies into 'friends', 'family', 'workmates', 'annoying nuisances', etc.

I'm guessing the answer will be 'no' or 'the forum software does not allow it so we're stuck with it' but I thought I would throw it out there.

Xillen

If you're on the "My Topics" page, there's a link called "click here to go to the notifications section of your profile", where you can adjust it. As a free extra, you have page buttons at the bottom :P

Just maybe, Vek could link the "My Topics" button at the top to that page directly? It has everything from the My Topics page and then some.

Haibane

Quote from: Xillen on June 29, 2008, 01:35:44 PM
If you're on the "My Topics" page, there's a link called "click here to go to the notifications section of your profile", where you can adjust it. As a free extra, you have page buttons at the bottom :P

Just maybe, Vek could link the "My Topics" button at the top to that page directly? It has everything from the My Topics page and then some.
I've looked around there but can't see anything that answers my question. There is no way to manage the notificated threads into GROUPS, the only option is either NOTIFY (various flavours of notify but essentially its an on/off switch) or nothing. Nor can you sort the notifying threads into any sequence that I can see, it would be a big help if I could sort them so all the game threads were at the top, then the rest below that.

As I said it's probably not practical and I'm asking for something the forum software isn't designed to do, but I imagine some prolific players must have dozens and dozens of threads they're watching, it must be confusing to find the one you want to go to.

Trieste

The threads on "my topics" run in order of creation. A thread created yesterday will appear below a thread created today. As of right now, it's just on/off. I know Vekseid is looking at upgrading or switching or doing things to the software; that may become a perk, or it may not.

Xillen

If you want to organize them, all options you have is a seperate post/thread or a wiki.

The reason I explained is because the My Topics page itself doesn't show more than one page, so threads falling off the page become invisible. Following that link at least allows you to see later pages. It's not really what you wanted, but it's something.

Haibane

OK, thanks guys, I don't want a Wiki thing, there are enough pages on here to keep track of with my ickle bwain already.

I might just kill all the notifications except my game threads, its hardly ideal but its the most ideal way for me in the short term.

Xillen

You could use the show new replies posts for all your other threads. I do it that way at least. Only downside is that you can't use any filter for that list, which can get messy if you ever posted in an ongoing silly thread.