Font Issues

Started by Drake Valentine, February 11, 2015, 07:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

My computer went through a new update recently. Well, afterwards I noticed some font issues.

My e's look like c's.
Capital H's look like 11's.
= sign looks like double together version of -

Also the font style in itself is weird as if it is a different code altogether. This is not just internet/site problem, I see same issues on my word documents. >.> 

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

Found and resolved issue, apparently it was the new windows update that screwed everything up. (Go figure.)  ;/

Known issues with this security update

After you install security update 3013455, you may notice some text quality degradation in certain scenarios. The problem only occurs on systems that are running Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP2. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
- https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3013455

For those that may be facing similar issues with choppy font or screwed up letters that may be Windows user, here was solution I used.

Start-->Control Panel-->Programs and Features-->View Installed Updates

Search for KB3013455 (search box is top right of window).

Right-click then select Uninstall. Restart computer, wait for it to 'update/downdate' and everything will be back to normal visually.

Or you can be patient and wait for it to be patched, for me it is too much of a burden to see choppy font and messed up letters, especially if it is unappealing and taxing on the eyes.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Chulanowa

I just swapped my browser's default font from times new roman to arial. Worked fine, though the text on some sites is noticably smaller than before.

Drake Valentine

This is giving me a headache.

Is there any way to prolong pause an update to keep it from downloading or reinstalling itself? I do not know when they are going to fix or patch this issue, but my comp keeps reinstalling the freaking update that screws up the font after I have uninstalled it multiple times. I could tough it out, but really, the font is bad, like, bad bad. Like, eyes bleeding bad given how characters are hazy and letters are messed up or don't show like they should.