I am Thou, Thou art I....PERSONA! (Closed)

Started by Empyrean, December 30, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdragon

additional pics

Name: Akira Hojo
Sexuality: closet homosexual
Arcana: The Fool
Weapon: Guitar

Background: Originally born in Shibuya, Akira was originally a bright, gentle child, one with a kind heart and a seemingly deep potential. He did well in his studies and always got along well with others, and even at home was a model child in most respects. However things changed when the boy hit puberty, and found himself far less interested in the girls his age than his friends. In fact he found himself instead falling for another guy, his best friend at the time, and during his first year of middle school he naively confessed his feelings to him. The backlash was immediate, not only was he harshly rejected, but the rumor of his homosexuality spread through the rest of the school like wildfire. It seemed that in an instant he had gone from one of the most popular kids in school, to a total outcast, and the days once spent carefree with his friends were now a constant fight for survival, the boy forced to learn quickly how to fight and fend off those who would try to bully and harass him.

Ultimately his parents were forced to move him to an entirely different school, and then another...and another, but no matter how far he ran the rumors always followed. This put a big strain on his relationship with his parents, who grew more and more frustrated with their son's constant fighting and rumors of his sexuality. And as they made it clear they didn't approve of the idea of their son being gay, Akira found himself with no one to turn to to try and cope with the whole situation. These experiences left the young man cold and bitter, always on edge and prone to spurts of aggression, and sadly despite being the victim in all this he received no sympathy from the system, who only saw him as a source of trouble and bad publicity.

Eventually he found himself at Sukuinote, the only school that would take him at this point, a once bright kid now wallowing amongst the lowest of the low. His parents sent him supposedly to help work on his anger issues, though in truth that wasn't the only thing they hoped would be "reformed", hoping that their son would either finally become "normal" again or else let him ride out his last years of school until they could be rid of him. However despite the grim circumstances that got him there, Akira actually found himself enjoying his time at the school. He was among other outcasts, people who might actually understand how he felt, and it was here that he discovered his love of music, taking up singing and guitar. With this new outlet he was able to channel all his anger and frustrations into something creative, and as a result he has significantly mellowed out since first arriving, making him a rare "success story" for the school. All the energy he used to use for fighting he now pours into forming a band and trying to get himself noticed, being known to play "guerrilla shows" around campus whenever he can get away with it. Of course while it's been a good emotional band-aid, it hasn't actually gotten to the real root of all his issues, with his self doubts and struggles with his sexuality all but ignored.

Persona: Hendrix
Description: Inspired by Jimi Hendrix, one of the most famous and controversial musicians of the modern age. He was at the same time a loving American patriot and one of the tallest standing symbols of counter culture for the era, bringing an strange and psychedelic edge to his music that most in the mainstream had never seen before. Hendrix was both revered and infamous for his use of music to protest the Vietnam war, using unorthodox rifts and chords to imitate the dropping of bombs and screams of innocents while playing the national anthem, and his strange on stage "rituals" were seen as satanic by the uninitiated. More than anyone he embodied the very spirit of rock and roll: sex, drugs, and limitless creativity, living a life that burned twice as bright but only half as long as everyone else.

Persona Affinities: Support (music based buffs/debuffs), Navigation

Persona Powers: War March- plays a high energy song that boost the attack power of all allies who can hear it.
Soothing Melody- a warm, calming song that heals a small amount of vitality and relieves status effects
Distortion- plays an erratic, jarring song that disorientates and drops the stats of enemies who hear the tune
Dowsing- Plays a single sharp chord that reverberates throughout the area, using the echoing sound to accurately map out their surroundings. The completed map of the area will then display itself on the screen that makes up Hendrix's "face", with indicators showing the position of important persons or items.

Persona Weakness: most offensive abilities
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

MiraMirror

Okay, all I'm saying is that I might be super okay with a certain Hermit joining the band at some point, pdragon, if you did that whole thing and were okay with it.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

pdragon

I'm down for any and all band mates, it'd certainly make for a fun side story to see how the band progresses as all the serious story stuff is going down.

Request Thread

Tokyorose627

Sent in a PM regarding a character idea. :P

As well, how many characters are we allowed to have? I have an idea for both a male and a female character. D:

MiraMirror

Gardsorm

Little late to the party, but great character, pdragon! Never would have pinned you for someone to enjoy Persona. xD

Akira looks awesome and I love the band idea. <3 Maybe when Yuuki grows up a bit as the game goes on I can have him on drum detail...

MiraMirror

Tokyorose627

All the band stuff sounds super fun! I’m actually thinking of a male character that would also have a band of his own, but I don’t know if the game will allow two characters. D:

Moon Hound Hati

Don't we have two characters with The Hanged Man arcana now?
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Lynnette

I think I'm going to pull my interest, I was hoping for a more grounded approach like that of P5, best of luck to you guys though, have fun ^^
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Empyrean

1) Is it alright if I list my starting Persona's skills? (In my profile, I listed his starters as Eiha and Sonic Punch)

Absolutely!

2) We know you guys have some plot in mind for us but is it possible if we can maybe come up with a few ideas going for some of our characters personally? Little motivational guiders along their awkward journey, possibly antagonistic forces that have wronged them for longer than anyone else, ect?

I don't see why not. Having some knowledge of each other, and perhaps ongoing rivalries or tensions within the school or the wider community can enrich things.

3) Which forum will we be setting the game up at? So I can get an idea of what sort of content and interaction possibilities (In many senses of the phrase) we can expect.

I'm thinking NC-Freeform.

4) How unusual can we be with weapons? I mean, P5 had a cat with a slingshot, a cutie with a grenade launcher, and someone else who used a Ray Gun and a Laser Sword. Can we expect similar levels of 'uh, what'?

There are a lot of weapons from human history and mythology to choose from, not to mention pop culture. Personally, I'm inclined to say that the lightsabers should be about as out there as it gets.

5) About how long would everyone know each other? Or would that be more of a player case-by-case basis chosen by them?

That would be chosen by individual players. That way there's a range between people dropped off at the academy the morning things start and people who have been there a while. Remember, Suikuinote is, among other things, a place where some people are just warehoused until the law allows them to be legally dumped on someone else's doorstep.

All the band stuff sounds super fun! I’m actually thinking of a male character that would also have a band of his own, but I don’t know if the game will allow two characters. D:

Band stuff? Well, there might be a problem with that. In that, Suikuinote doesn't really have a lot in the way of extracurriculars. At least, it's not set up that way. It's supposed to be a hard-assed "reform school" where they try to grind "normality" into the students. That being said, if PCs want to take it on themselves to sneak in instruments and try to get a band going it could be an interesting angle. I imagine that there will be people at the school who can get their hands on contraband materials for the right price (that's how I'm planning on you all getting weapons and armor in). They might be able to smuggle in instruments, though finding a place to practice would be a matter of player ingenuity.

I'd prefer also if we could avoid doubling or tripling up on arcanas.

Lynette: Grounded in what way?

pdragon: Tsumi is already covering the Nav character who can fight. Are you committing your Persona to being a full navigator character with no offensive capabilities?

MiraMirror

So with weapons, are they specifically/primarily for the Metaverse?  Do they need to be things you could find around a school?

Empyrean

They could be things you find around a school! For instance, Kanji from Persona 4 used chairs and desks (though how he smuggled them into Junes is something they never quite explained). Given Japan's strictness concerning actual weapons, you might get your hands on replicas or things that are harmless in the real world and deadly in the Metaverse.

MiraMirror

Okay,  that helps a good bit.   Would it be too out there to use a book that can be used as a ranged weapon in the Metaverse?  Rather, going from a normal book to something that fires non- elemental damage,  in place of something like a gun? 

Empyrean

I think a book would be pushing it for sure. But that doesn't rule out actual ranged weapons.

MiraMirror

Okay,  fair enough!  Maybe a bow or needles or something instead.  ^^

Edit:Or knives.  Knives sound reasonable.

Empyrean

Good old knives will work great! And I think I have someone who can get you some on the inside. :)

pdragon

well I saw that you said you wanted a navigator who was a dedicated non-combatant so that's why I made his persona a support role. That's why I didn't give him any combat abilities and just said he can do buffs and navigate.

Also I can change my arcana, I didn't really pay attention to who else had what when I was filling the profile out so I just picked what seemed to fit. And his profile establishes that he does "guerilla" shows (i.e. popping in and playing whenever he finds an opening to do so) so I wasn't banking on there being a formal music club anyways.

Request Thread

Empyrean

That sounds cool then. A Nav who fights and a dedicated support Nav means two important bases are covered by the players. Feel free to write up the Persona and what abilities it has or can get. Don't forget that ideally your persona will evolve into a stronger form.

Tokyorose627

Has anyone taken the Lovers Arcana? I maybe taking it if it’s available!

Gardsorm

Tokyorose627

Name: Mallory Fuyuki
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Arcana: Lovers
Weapon: Rapier

Personality: From what the public can see, Mallory is a traditionally raised girl, with customs and values being seen as the most precious of things. Prim, proper, and polite, she is kind and considerate when speaking with others of high authority, such as politicians and school chairman’s that she has had to entertain. An air of dignity is always around her, showcasing how her training as a Geisha has made her all the more mesmerizing and tantalizing to any onlookers.

However, when the mask is off, and Mallory is free to stray from her duties (whenever that is), she becomes much more relaxed. She doesn’t speak as proper as she does when working, and speaks like any other normal girl her age, laughing and making jokes to whomever she can. She becomes more open, and doesn’t stray from cursing even the slightest when something doesn’t go her way, yet when she does she tries to brush it off and pretend it didn’t happen to people she just meets. Her hobbies are what also drive her, her interests actually delving into playing arcade games and reading manga about magical girls. However, due to the watchful eyes of her mother, as well as hired eyes to keep her in line and to prevent her from straying too far from her mothers control, Mallory’s free time is very limited. Often only being free when she goes to sleep, and in between appointments with different clients, Mallory’s free time to truly be herself, is often almost non existent.

Background: Mallory was born to a Japanese mother, Michiko, and her American father, Ronald, when the two met in Japan after her father had stumbled into kimono shop run by Michikos family. The two had met and fell in love, and when they got married, had a young girl to call her own. However, her father soon died from an illness that wasn’t seen in time, and at the age of 5, Mallory was left to live with her mother, and her grandmother, in Japan to grow up. As time moved in, and as Mallory grew, she found out how much responsibility was thrust upon her, seeing that her Mothers side of the family ran both a well known Kimono shop, and a famous inn that has consistently housed politicians and delegates of school districts. Since they had such little time to enroll her in school, Mallory was forced to be homeschooled so that she could help with the Inn and Kimono shop, as well as begin to learn the ways of being an entertainer like her grandmother used to be, in order to help with the routines and duties that she could no longer perform.

At the age of 14, Mallory began to notice that her mother and grandmother fought more often, or rather, her mother sonstantly arguing with her mother while her grandmother was forced to listen. Knowing that it wasn’t her place to eavesdrop and listen, Mallory would continue with her work duties, unaware of what the two were arguing about. However, one night after working at the Inn for long hours, Mallory was given a call from the hospital, informing her that her grandmother had suffered a stroke. Rushing to the hospital, she found her mother in tears as she explained what had happened, only for Mallory to realize, from what her mother had reminded her, that she had accidentally given her grandmother too much of her medication, causing her to seize. Wracked with guilt that she couldn’t begin to explain, she promised her mother that she would do whatever it takes to help pay for the hospital bills, and to visit her grandmother every day in order to give herself some hope of forgiveness from her, and for what she had done.

In reality, Michiko had poisoned her own mother to kill her, due to the realization from her mother that when she had passed away, the Kimono shop, Inn, and all of her money that she had been saving, would be given to Mallory, and not to Michiko, due to the love that she received from her granddaughter, and from the cold and greedy attitude that Michiko would only show to her.

Ever since, Mallory had been home schooled her entire life, working at the Kimono shop when she can, as well as working at the Inn not only as a server, but being trained enough to become a fully liscensed entertainer, a Geisha, who can be ordered to entertain at parties, or to even be rented out to be taken as a date for a politician or other dignified official. She does this, all while working at the Kimono shop tailoring hand made kimonos and other outfits, such as School Uniforms that are made for the famously known delinquent school, Suikuinote.

Metaverse Uniform

Mask

Persona: Princess Kaguya

Persona Affinities: Buffs, Healing, Holy Magic

Persona Weakness: Curses and Dark Magic

Gardsorm

Ooh, and this is Tokyo's char! So now we have our first non-student of Sukuinote, but still has some connection to it, interesting! Will she be attending protected visiting to the school at some point? o=

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 02, 2018, 01:46:57 AM
Ooh, and this is Tokyo's char! So now we have our first non-student of Sukuinote, but still has some connection to it, interesting! Will she be attending protected visiting to the school at some point? o=

I didn’t think about that!

Who knows, maybe the school officials would bring her in as a guest speaker or something to show the students how a well mannered person should act, as well as show them some culture with a tea ceremony, performing, or something else? XD