Star Wars Saga Edition - Hunting the Hutts (Extreme)

Started by ivygrowth, December 13, 2010, 03:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge

I'm fine with that. My character's going to lean toward the dark side, probably, but he's not evil. Pragmatic and realistic, perhaps, but not bloodthirsty. As well, if you're the captain, he'll follow orders. If you wish, I can have been in your crew, Anathanasia. My character has a bit of an interesting history, so if you're down for that kind of thing, shoot me a PM>

lorcan

Well actually id be quite okay with Anastasia Owning the ship and have no problem with a Jedi in the party and if you wouldnt mind another crew member who is a Force Sensitive Surgeon and also owns a retinue of droids that would be helpful in aiding in the day to day affairs of the ship.

Umbral Sanguinus

Just an FYI that my character's background means they'll start out alone without connections to anyone, but I dont plan on being a "loner", just a complicated unknown past. And like Dodge, a few dark side points but still anti-Empire, anti-Sith type.
Ideas Roleplays Ons and Offs Apologies and Absences
"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase." -Aldous Huxley

Anathanasia

Yeah, Dogde, having a co-pilot on a tramp freighter is always good (as well as at least one droid NPC the GM can have all kinds of fun with?).

I'm still a little iffy on the whole thing, but the starship and Jedi parts of the character are actually linked in her background, so it's also easier for me to keep both as they were. Just some minor adjustments because the timeline is shifted about 16 years, and I'll be set. That and the time to write it all up...damn holidays!

Just, please, try to make characters that are at least heroic-ish?

(I don't like being demanding like that, but as it would really spoil things for me to play a Jedi and then find the likes of Boba Fett as my companions, I figure it's better to be up front about it.)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

lorcan

Im definately on the heroes side of things one who is trying to discover one of two things who and why his family was exiled and to redem the families name and to garner more understanding of the force. Also is a surgeon.

Umbral Sanguinus

Quote from: Anathanasia on December 26, 2010, 10:43:48 PM
(I don't like being demanding like that, but as it would really spoil things for me to play a Jedi and then find the likes of Boba Fett as my companions, I figure it's better to be up front about it.)

Just to be clear, are we not being hired by someone connected to the Empire to kill two Hutt politicos because of a bounty? Thus, are all the characters not, in fact, bounty hunters?
Ideas Roleplays Ons and Offs Apologies and Absences
"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase." -Aldous Huxley

lorcan

Id have to agree but I think what Anathasia is getting at is not so much that we are bounty hunters but the reasons why and the methods we go about things like not slaying an entire village of tusken raiders   while bringing down the two hutts.

Anathanasia

Lorcan is right.

I mentioned Boba Fett not because he's a bounty hunter (they're a dime a dozen in Star Wars) but because he's Boba freakin' Fett. "No disintegrations!" remember?

My Jedi-in-training character won't have the full benefit of the old style Jedi temple as she's learning from an old Holocron. One effect of that, to be somewhat vulgar about it, is that she's got to provide her own funding to do Jedi like goodie two shoes stuff. We all know that even that can get little blurry sometimes, so it's really more about method and motive (though that certainly doesn't equate to 'the ends justify the means').

I'm just saying, if there's going to be casual killing because it's 'easier', or open rapists in the party given this is an Elliquiy game (though I do hope for all kind of strange alien molestations to happen to my character! :-[ ), I won't play a Jedi.

To be perfectty clear about one point here:  I am not asking anyone to change their character. I'm asking for a consensus of what kind shenanigans we're going to get up to, so I can decide what to do with my own character.

That make sense to everyone?  :-)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Tonalberry

Woo, I finally got my internet back, to find that this has really picked up.  Looks like I really need to get to work on my Mandalorian.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dodge

I've got the mechanics of my character done, and I'll post a description when I've finished that.

ivygrowth

Could everyone who has sent in a character sheet please resend it, I may have lost one or two of them.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

ivygrowth

Unfortunately I will be unable to post for an unknown amount of time.  Hopefully I will be back before too long, but I don't know when that will be :(

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)