Vampire the Masquerade Mafia [Game Thread] [Day Phase 4]

Started by Blythe, May 13, 2016, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intimate Ink

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 17, 2016, 02:28:11 PM
But he's the handsomest!

What Amber said!

Oh, my, just the thought that my heart could be deceived in this way lays heavy on me!!  True beauty is skin deep after all, that is what our mothers taught us yes?! 

Oh, I too must vote for nobody, as I try to keep from having the faints at such dreadful thoughts. 

Edit: Deleted a second 'too' that was redundant.

Galactic Druid

Well, I'm back from my break, and now it's time to get serious about this! Thank you, Blythe and fellow players, for being patient with me during my downtime.

First and foremost, I agree with MP; giving the Sabbat a free night really isn't something I'm interested in doing. Even a stab in the dark is better than doing nothing, in muy opinion.

As AndyZ mentioned, this is definitely a different experience from ToS; I'd strongly advise players against revealing their roles publicly, or even privately. for that matter. It worked out in the TOS game because everybody had a special role and there were no villagers (and because everyone was lucky the person collecting everyone's info was genuinely on their side), but in a game like this where there's a LOT more people to hide behind, sharing your information is a terrible idea unless it can guarantee a lynching.

Contrary to that, I'm actually going to reveal my role; as it's one that can bite you in the ass if you try to hide it too long; I'm the Ventrue Diablerist (AKA Lycan). I'm essentially a Caitiff, except that I would show up to the Seer as a Sabbat.

Lastly, as for my vote, it looks like nobody is going to be the order of the day, but I'm still voting for Remiel, as I know he knows better than to jump on the nobody bandwagon. Hell, even he's said it's a bad idea in the post where he voted.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Blythe

~Current Votes~

12 - Nobody
2 - Remiel

Yet to Vote:
Madame Professor

One vote away before everyone will have cast their votes!

AndyZ

I'm very torn.  On the one hand, Remiel seems to be claiming Toreador Harpy.  However, there's no Toreador Harpy in play.  This is suspicious as balls, but Remiel has made similar plays before.  However, he openly admits to not knowing VtM.

It also seems like bad business to just random lynch as well when there's 4 Sabbat and 11 Camarilla.

Has the Malky seen a role by this point?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Galactic Druid

Naw, they work at the night phase, and we haven't had one yet.

Galactic Druid

Also, if they haven't seen someone as a Sabbat (other than me, since I already went public), it's in their best interest to keep quiet publicly, and only approach players they feel they can trust in PM. Like I mentioned before, going public with your role is only a good idea for a special villager when it's a guarantee saving of an important villager, or a guaranteed lynching of a Sabbat.

Geeklet

Quote from: AndyZ on May 18, 2016, 01:12:32 PM
On the one hand, Remiel seems to be claiming Toreador Harpy.

Where is this coming from?

AndyZ

Okay.  Well, I choose to believe ThatRPGuy because he's the first one to actually claim Ventrue Diablerist.  We have two people who have voted to lynch someone, only one role was given, and the other claims it was just a spite play.

If I'm right about Remi and others have figured it out, our best bet is to lynch Geeklet.

Quote from: Geeklet on May 18, 2016, 01:17:02 PM
Where is this coming from?

While Remiel has openly stated a lack of information about VtM and is just doing his best, Geeklet has Likes for New WoD System and Old WoD System clearly listed in her O/Os.

I find it very difficult to believe that she'd not recognize all the beautiful claims as exactly what they are.

Quote from: http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Toreador_(VTM)
The Toreador are a clan of vampires known for being some of the most beautiful, sensual, seductive, emotional and glamorous of the Kindred. They are responsible for the legends of vampires who seduce and entice their prey with beauty, love and sensuality. Famous and infamous as a clan of artists and innovators, they are one of the bastions of the Camarilla, as their very survival depends on the facades of civility and grace on which the sect prides itself.

Quote from: Remiel on May 15, 2016, 01:28:45 AM
Remiel was a handsome vampire.  Perhaps the handsomest of vampires!  With just a flash of his fanged smile he could make any amount of lovely ladies swoon in a most gorgeous black-and-white 1940s fashion, and his slick black widow's peak and red velvet cape were simply the epitome of classical vampire style.

Quote from: Remiel on May 16, 2016, 11:47:11 PM
We have absolutely no information at this point, other than, of course, that I am the most handsome Camarilla that ever there was.

Playing dumb is a very standard Mafia tactic, and while it may come naturally to any shovelheaded Sabbat, I believe better of Geeklet.

I hereby change my vote to Geeklet.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on May 18, 2016, 01:12:32 PM
I'm very torn.  On the one hand, Remiel seems to be claiming Toreador Harpy.  However, there's no Toreador Harpy in play.  This is suspicious as balls, but Remiel has made similar plays before.  However, he openly admits to not knowing VtM.

Whether or not a player is familiar with VtM, players will not be claiming roles that are not in actual play.

AndyZ

Are you saying you'd have to be a Lunatic to do something like that?

Geeklet

AndyZ

To paraphrase for people who don't know VtM:

Remiel: Oh, man, working with those heavy stones all day is hard work.
AndyZ: So you're claiming Mason?
Geeklet: What?!  Remiel never claimed that!

Blythe

~Current Votes~

11 - Nobody
2 - Remiel
1 - Geeklet

Yet to Vote:
Madame Professor

Geeklet

Madame Professor

-sighs- It seems everyone is committed to not lynching someone. I have just played too many of these games to know that just doesn't work.

Guy's logic about Remi knowing is right on, though. While he might not know anything about VtM (which I know is true), he does know a thing or two about Mafia. And never is a nobody vote a good idea. So, while I was thinking about voting for Remi... Andy posted while I was away and his logic is.... Illogical. I can understand Geeklet's paranoia. Sheriff paints a HUGE target on your back. However, he seems to be using that against her.

So, yeah, tossing my vote to Andy. Cause that was a lot of making apples out of oranges...
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

persephone325

Remi and MP make a lot of sense. Andy seems a little twitchy, so I'm changing my vote.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mintprincess

I think it's pretty foolish to elect Geeklet as sheriff only to kill her off and then have to elect another one.  If we don't trust her then the Seer could peek and find out on night one.  I admittedly know nothing of WoD or VtM so a lot of the reasons you guys are giving don't actually make sense to me beyond 'so and so said something contrary to what they should know and that makes them guilty'.   

That kinda means that people who have some familiarity with the concepts are viewed more critically, especially if they make a mistake.  That still seems kinda ooc to me because no one is going to purposefully drop I am bad hints.   

Besides who voted for who for sheriff (which still is mostly random, or based kinda on ooc who would be good at it) and a few people's confusing mistakes in referrence to the vampires do we have any real info to lynch?  While I see the lynching is good points and you all made those same points in other games, I still lean to the idea that it's better to get some information. 

Galactic Druid

I've seen people throw entire games straight out the window by holding out for more and more information, in mafia, spyfall, and even deception.

I do agree that it's a waste of time to elect a mayor and immediately vote kill them, however. Normally the target painted on the mayor's back is for the werewolves, not the villagers.

Andy's logic is odd to me as well. He's voting for Geeklet because of something he interpreted from Remiel. If you're so certain Remi is lying, why not start there, then go for Geek if that turns out fruitful?

Remiel

Once again, I would advise people not to read too much into my flavor text.  It's just that: flavor text.

Galactic Druid

I'm not looking at your flavor text, I'm looking at your agreement to vote nobody, like I said before.

AndyZ

It's a waste of time to elect a mayor period.  The only ones with any information at that point are the Sabbat.

As far as why Geeklet and not Remiel, if Geeklet and Remiel are both good players, then both have sent various signals and it falls on Geeklet to currently be evil.  If Geeklet is a moron, then she's completely incapable of recognizing which Camarilla clan is pretty, and thus innocent.  I think she's too smart for that.

Now, I could be wrong about Remiel, and certainly he doesn't know VtM.  With no tanner, it's much easier to believe that he's simply unaware of stuff than that he's claiming Lasombra with a lack of reflection.

If someone posts having the stink of the sewer about them, or wearing biker leathers, or being amazingly beautiful, or reading through an ancient tome about witchcraft, these are all hints that a VtM player will get.  However, Sabbat players have to play dumb.

It could very well be both Remiel and Geeklet, with Remiel throwing Geeklet under the bus.  However, I'm currently more suspicious of Geeklet than of Remiel, because I know she's not dumb.

Right now, the people on my suspicion list are Remiel, Geeklet, Mappy, and Guy.

Geeklet

Except that Tories aren't necessarily known for being PRETTY, they are known for being ARTISTS. The two are not always one in the same.

Remiel

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 18, 2016, 03:00:46 PM
I'm not looking at your flavor text, I'm looking at your agreement to vote nobody, like I said before.

About that...I've been doing some thinking, and I think that voting nobody on the first day, when we literally have zero information, is not such a bad thing.  Yes, we're basically just throwing the vote away, when we could be using it to hunt for Sabbat.

HOWEVER, there is an equal chance that we could take out one of the roles that can help us -- the Diablerist, the Primogen, the Ancilla, the Prophet, etc. -- in which case we'd be doing the Sabbat's work for them.  We'd essentially be shooting ourselves in the foot.  Imagine if the Seer or the Guardian were eliminated by the village in the very first day phase, how disastrous that would be for the village.

Therefore, I'm going to turn the tables on the "voting nobody is just helping the Sabbat" vocalists, and say that THAT looks suspicious.    You guys know exactly who you are, and therefore, who we are, and are hoping we just shoot ourselves in the foot.