Medieval Sailor Moon - [Ongoing]

Started by MissFire, July 09, 2014, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

The Solar Soldiers versus Dark Sorceress Beryl!
a medieval Sailor Moon adventure
Episode 01: Crisis! Lunarius Kingdom in peril!

In the far off kingdom of Lunarius, a savage storm heralds a tide of darkness that will sweep across the land. Years ago, the powerful sorceress Beryl was exiled from the kingdom's Royal Magic Council and now she is back with a vengeance. During the storm, her forces sweep across the kingdom, ruining villages, slaughtering the innocent, laying siege to the castle. Beryl's forces are after Princess Serenity, looking to abuct her and hold her hostage, threatening to execute her lest Solaris turn over his kingdom to Beryl. Selflessly, Solarius gives his daughter a strange gem and has his royal guard lead Serenity away and is killed by the monsters as he buys her time to escape.

The strange gem turns out to be a Star Crystal, an ancient treasure said to be able to unlock hidden power within any who posses it and have the will to see justice done.During Serenity's escape, however, the Star Crystal is shattered and something strange happens; the fragments fly off in different directions, each shattered piece finding a different young woman and imbuing her with amazing power, the power to become a Solar Soldier, a champion of justice, a representative of the cosmos, a force for good.

Serenity, now going by the name Serena in order to better hide from Beryl's forces, now searches for other women that hold these fragments. She will first seek out Ranger Mars, an infamous bandit who used to steal from the rich and give to the poor, but now preys exclusively upon Beryl's forces, and Mage Mercury, a young woman who has disguised herself as a man in order to gain entry into The Order of Hermes, an all-male sorcery guild. Will Serena be able to gather allies and free her kingdom from Beryl's dark grip? Will she be able to use her newfound powers to restore order and light? Stay tuned to find out!

So, there you have it! I'm looking for, as you might expect, two lovely ladies to play two of the Solar Soldiers here; either Cleric Moon, Mage Mercury, or Ranger Mars! Idon't have any designs on a character for myself at the moment, so I want to leave it open to those that wish to join. I am, admittedly, not a big fan of Sailor Moon, but upon seeing these images, who was I to resist the allure of a medieval Sailor Moon story? I want this to mostly be a fun adventure, but I've certainly nothing against a little sailor sexiness once in a while! For now, I'm sticking with just Moon, Mars, and Mercury, as those are the only images I've got, but I'd be willing to expand the roster if I can find some more images, or if we get enough interest to justify a bigger cast.

I imagine that the crystals work similar to the powers in the show; they've imbued the girls with the ability to transform into their Solar Soldier forms (seen on the left here) and control the elements with ease as well as giving them increased speed, endurance, and strength. How the girls came upon the crystal fragments is up to you, as is how they transform. When not transformed, they assume their normal identities; Serena is a traveler, Amin Mizua (Ami) is an apprentice mage, and Raye is a vagabond/bandit. Much of the land is under the dark, tyrannical grip of Dark Sorceress Beryl (who now calls herself Queen Beryl). The story, as a rough outline, will consist of the group meeting and then making their way across the land, fighting monsters and doing good deeds as they head to Beryl's keep in order to take her down and restore peace.

Cast:
Princess Serenity Solarius (Serena Iluna), played by [TBD], is the last heir to the throne and upon transforming, becomes Cleric Moon, a healer and warrior gifted with the power of light. Slightly air-headed, spoiled, and a little selfish, Serena has a long way to go before she measures up to the reputation built by her father. Despite her flaws, she has a pure heart and only wants the best for her kingdom and her friends. Currently on the run in disguise from Beryl's forces and attempting to locate others that have been graced by the Crystal.

Amin (Ami) Mizua, played by [TBD], is a woman who's disguised herself as a man in order to pursue her love of magic in a mostly male-dominated world. Ami has infiltrated The Order of Hermes, a highly respected mage's guild that only admits men. Second only to the Royal Magic Council (which only admits nobility, royalty, or those favored by the king), The Order of Hermes is one of the most exclusive societies in the land. Ami is soft-spoken, intelligent, and loyal to a fault, though at times she can be a bit short-sighted if she focuses too much on one thing. When transformed, she becomes Mage Mercury, mistress of water elemental magic.

Raye Ignacia, played by [TBD], is a former bandit who used to prey on the nobility and give their riches to the less fortunate. Clever and always one step ahead of the kingdom's forces (though it was whispered that the King only made a token effort to capture her and secretly approved of this 're-distribution of wealth'). Now she conducts hit-and-run missions against Beryl's forces and tries to keep her territory safe. Headstrong, hot-blooded, and passionate. She cares deeply about her friends, even if she won't admit it. Her brash attitude can sometimes get her into trouble. When transformed, she becomes Ranger Mars, imbuing her arrows with the power of fire.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

mai

Is there going to be no Sailor Jupiter? Or is that role just not up for grabs?

Miroque

MissFire

Quote from: mai on July 11, 2014, 01:36:13 AM
Is there going to be no Sailor Jupiter? Or is that role just not up for grabs?

I had only planned on the three above, but if you've your heart set on her I'm always open to ideas.
    - Sima Yi

mai

Well, when it comes to Sailor Moon stuff I am 100% about Ami/Makoto so I was curious.

Sinestra

I would honestly play the )(&#()$* out of Sailor Jupiter, but she didn't seem available. I even spent an hour looking over Deviantart and Google searching for things like Sailor Jupiter Samurai, Monk, Knight, etc. I found her as badass motocycle girls and princesses, but no one ever makes her a Medieval badass knight or samurai or monk (since she beat people up with her fists a lot). Had kinda given up. :(
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

mai

Quote from: Sinestra on July 11, 2014, 01:24:08 PM
I would honestly play the )(&#()$* out of Sailor Jupiter, but she didn't seem available. I even spent an hour looking over Deviantart and Google searching for things like Sailor Jupiter Samurai, Monk, Knight, etc. I found her as badass motocycle girls and princesses, but no one ever makes her a Medieval badass knight or samurai or monk (since she beat people up with her fists a lot). Had kinda given up. :(

(from the same set as all the others, drawn by tumblr user m2manga)

Sinestra

Ummm... DIBS!!?

MINE!

SHE'S MINE!

So, yes, mine. :)

Edit: Oh wow that sideways glance, she is so tired of everyone's shit. Lol :)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

MissFire

Awesome! I'm happy to include her, whomever wants to play as her.
    - Sima Yi

ChaoticSky

Id be interested in tomboy mage ami  ;D

Am slightly curious though, is there any interest in using a system for this, or is it strictly free form?

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Sessha

This seems like it might be kinda fun. I'll throw my hat in for Ranger Mars.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Sinestra

Ok, well, no matter the system, put me down for Sailor Jupiter. And as a sort of application, I'll submit the following. :)

Makoto Tormenta, played by [TBD], was formerly a promising apprentice to King Solarius' Royal Guard stationed at his castle. Brash and strong beyond her years, she trained relentlessly until the day the disgraced Beryl returned to the kingdom. Wishing to fight by the side of her teachers, she was instead instructed to help lead the people away from the castle and it's dangers. By the time she returned it was too late to give aid, and instead she fled the royal grounds, still eager to fight the invading forces of the evil 'Queen'. Now traveling from town to town as a mercenary for hire, she dreams of one day reforming the Royal Guard and retaking Castle Solarius from the would-be Queen. When transformed she becomes Warrior Jupiter, an unstoppable storm of great power.

MissFire

Wow, well I think we have everyone we need! I will get the topics up this weekend.
    - Sima Yi

Sinestra

I dunno, it's possible that we might have some conflicts, I mean... who's playing Serena? And were Mai and Darkling both wanting Ami? Or did Mai want Makoto and I kinda rudely took that?

Maybe some OOC type discussions should go up first. :)

MissFire

That would be one of the topics I'm putting up this weekend. I'll be playing whomever is left over.
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

- Sima Yi

MissFire

- Sima Yi