Newbie Help and Questions

Started by Peytapiper, December 07, 2022, 01:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peytapiper

Hello Everyone! Happy to be welcomed onto Elliquiy! I've only been here a few days and while I've read the general rules I have some questions. Some may be considered dumb and maybe some already have answers written out somewhere (if so, please just link it and I will read it from the source). I figured I'd try to get everything out in one place so here it goes:

1. Do we need to tag/quote other users when we respond to their comments in forums in order for them to get a notification? I don't see a reply button and on other forum websites I've used we've put a hidden box at the bottom and just quoted the other person.

2. For possible future randomization of battles. Is there a number generator or dice roller attached to these posts? I see "See my rolls" On my profile but I'm not sure how to go about using dice or rolling

3. There are a couple of acronyms I don't understand as I'm reading through RP posts. What is a GM? and what does Futa mean?

4. Is there a coding forum or overview on here? I would like to make my stuff pretty eventually and I know coding from other forum sites does not always directly relate. I see people labeling their hidden buttons and having fun colors for fonts and would love to learn how to do that stuff.

5. Is there a staff member that may be willing to volunteer for me to send some of my anime character pictures to? While the only time I've ever RP'd as a character under 18 once (and that was to be a mentally ill character's childhood imaginary friend brought to life) I understand anime characters can look younger than I am perceiving them to be and do not want to get myself in trouble when I can just ask up front.

Thank you in advance to any/every one that answers this post!

Theta Sigma

Howdy! Might be able to help out with some of these.

1. There's a quote button in the top right corner of user's posts, but they won't get a notification when they've been quoted. You can't tag anybody here, it's limitations of the forum software and when we upgrade to the new board these will be features, but I'm not sure how far away that is. Users can however use the notification button and be notified of thread replies via email, but that's only if they wish.

2. Here. :> There's a Roll Dice button included there, have a play around with it!

3. GM is Game Master, those who run group games. Futa is, uh, it's Japanese for hermaphrodite.

4. This may be able to help!

5. Any staff member would be happy to help, that's what they're there for. :>

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Aethyrium

Hello Peytapiper, welcome to the site! Let's see what I can answer for you here.

1. You do not need to tag or quote people to get a notification about a reply - how users get replies/what they get them for is setup by that individual user. If they have a thread set to send them notifications, any reply to the thread will send it.

2. Nearer the top of the page you should see "Wiki" "Blogs", and the next is "Dicebot". The default page that takes you to is one where you can input your values to roll xdX with whatever modifiers you need. Once you've done that and hit roll dice, it'll spit out a little info block with the roll results - you can check your past rolls using view your rolls - which can be copied into a post or sent directly to the GM by way of their user idea (the numbers at the end of the url if you click into their profile).

3. GM means Gamemaster or Game Master - you might be more familiar with DM (Dungeon Master) or ST (Storyteller) - but they all largely amount to the same thing (Just don't tell Wizards of the Coast I said so ::) ). Futa is short for futanari, which is a Japanese word meaning hermaphrodite.

4. Steffy's Magic Shop is a great resource for coding here on Elliquiy. And if you have any questions, our members can usually help problem solve - so don't be afraid to ask.

5. Absolutely! You're more than welcome to send any images you have concerns about to me - or, any other member of Staff to help sort it out.

Edit... Well now, aren't I the slow one? Thanks Theta!