Beneath Our Paws; The Densite <Main IC Thread~>

Started by KillxLucky, January 29, 2019, 03:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finalwolf

Tsuki the healer

With: Zuya and (ghost ryka)
Mood: Uncertain

Tsuki noticed Zuya and flattened her ears, unsure what to say now that he was there and had noticed her. Ryka had no problem standing next to Zuya and brushing up against him. Tsuki went to open her mouth to speak, but found the words weren't coming. She knew exactly what Ryka wanted her to say. Slowly, the words came, "Hello, Alpha. Um...you probably noticed I stopped at your den again. Sorry I...Ryka she went inside and I had to get her out." Tsuki lowered herself waiting for him to scold her for entering his den without permission. Even though she had only took a step or two in while her head had reached to where Ryka was so she could speak to her, she had entered it without his okay. "Ryka says she's sorry about what happened to your mate. More so about the pups. If she was still here and older she'd offer to carry your pups for you." Close to what Ryka had wanted to say but not quite. Ryka wanted Tsuki to carry her dreams since she no longer could.

Tsuki saw the look in Ryka's eyes as she glared at Tsuki. Would you offer up yourself to him? I mean, by doing this, getting on his good side, you could even become his mate one day fully. An alpha yourself, of course under Zuya.

Tsuki sighed as she sat down, lowering her head as she debated on how to go about this. She doubted Zuya would even go along with this as she wasn't strong, but Ryka wouldn't shut up until she did it. She looked at Zuya and slowly let the words fall out again. "I'm not currently with a mate, and it would be a wasted season if nobody here bares any pups. Especially you, Alpha, so what I'm trying to say is I would be more than honored to carry your pups for you." Shyly her gaze fell off of him and to the ground in front of them. Scared of what he may say, scared he'd say no, scared he'd say yes.

Ryka seemed quite pleased with herself that Tsuki had offered the idea to Zuya. Mating season would be over before long, it was already getting late in the season. Though some females where still in heat, and Tsuki was no exception.

Tsuki wondered about Mute, but surely he wasn't that interested. She adored Mute, loved him, but she also wanted to be of use to the pack and to find a way to keep Ryka quiet if there ever was a way. If she felt like she could, she'd talk to Mute about this, but she didn't want others to know she was fallen to the darkness. They couldn't know. Zuya explained to her why and he was right.

finalwolf

Sasha the Tracker

With: My thoughts
Feeling: Content
Where: River

Sasha had left the previous day to track herds again, to make sure they where all following the path she had figured out by now. Most herds followed the same path throughout the years, fairly easy to predict where they would be, or roughly be. Sometimes they strayed and would be a few miles off, but nothing she couldn't pick up on. Lately the pack had been hunting elk, but they took too much energy. She focused on tracking down deer today. Easier to take down, and less likely for any of them to get badly injured. Though, this winter was a bit harsh lately and she worried how the prey herds where doing. Their own pack where having issues with death, but many of the deaths weren't caused by hunger alone.

Sasha had managed to track down two herds, one larger than the other. Which meant that was the one she would bring the hunters to next time they where ready to hunt. She had watched the herd for a little while before she headed back to the pack. Along the way she managed to catch herself a rabbit and feast on it. That was one thing she enjoyed about being a tracker, she got the freedom to do things on her own. She didn't have to share a rabbit with anyone, she could be her own boss while she was away.

Soon she returned to the main den site, taking note that the hunters must have taken down another elk, and the wolves not spreading out their food, instead eating all their stomachs cold hold. Slash seemed to be an annoyance mood, so she would do her best to stay down wind and away from him. Ifrit was out as well, but was a bit too close to Slash for her to want to mingle with. The rest where all scattered about doing who knows what. She would find Jag later and inform him of a deer herd doing well enough for them to tackle down a couple deer on their next hunt. For now though, she'd go by the river and lay down there and enjoy the peace and quiet.

satnis

Name: Zander
Company: Alone

Zander strode into the densite bristling, hackles raised and muzzle tightened in a snarl. A bull elk laid in the clearing, and a gathering of wolves circled around it. He could hear a low collective growling emitting from them. A sharp snarl ripped from his throat as he approached. He was starving and he was going to eat his fill. Zander snapped at a few other wolves, sharing a momentary standoff with another hungry warrior. He pushed his way through to the elk and shoved his snout into its soft bleeding underbelly. In his peripheral vision, he spotted his brother Kythe waiting to eat with the other pack members. Kythe had a large appetite just like Zander, and Zander felt sorry for his weaker brother. But, the pack’s most important members must eat first. With this in mind, he pulled out another large bite of entrails. They had cooled slightly—Zuya must have taken his time eating.

When he finished his final bite, Zander backed away from the elk and found a spot away from the crowd to lie and let his stomach rest. He’d gorged himself, and wondered if other members of the pack would be hungry tonight as a result. Lethargy creeped over him, and Zander could do nothing but observe pack politics to see who would eat first and last. A few lower ranking pack members were creeping forward to get a morsel.

Zander’s eyes were drawn to Zuya’s den. Slash stalked out of it growling, heading towards the kill pile, and Zander watched as the brute threw another warrior away from it with unnecessary force. Zander flicked his tail in amusement and licked some excess blood off his dark paws. He would have to ask Kythe later what was going on; his brother was always steeped in pack gossip, and no doubt he’d been listening to see why the atmosphere was tight with animosity tonight.

He noticed that the Inyanga den was bustling tonight and strained to see who was inside. The only wolves clearly visible were Jag, Bhaltair, and his fellow warrior Vitani. Vitani seemed on edge. Zander ears pushed forward, his eyes narrowing in his attempts to listen. It seemed like they were talking about…pups? Zander was instantly attentive and fidgeted restlessly. He held no serious intentions towards anyone in the pack, but of all the females, Vitani stood out to him. Perhaps it was her lineage; Zander was drawn to power, even potential power. But perhaps it was more than that—she was gentle, calming even.

He couldn’t hear what they were saying clearly, and Zander wondered idly whether Vitani was already with pups, or if it was merely a prospective conversation. 'Either way, it makes no difference,' Zander thought. Zander’s days were filled with other more important things than flirting and thinking about females. He was careful to work his body daily, sometimes to the point of exhaustion, to ensure he remained among the packs strongest and most able warriors.

As the night settled in, the pack became scattered around the densite, leaving no meat on the carcass. The air was cooling, and Zander pulled his tail tightly around himself to keep warmer. He dozed in and out of sleep, only stirring when he saw a silvery form approaching. Kythe. Zander’s amber eyes opened wider, and he flicked his tail in greeting. But he was tired, and didn’t lift his head from the dirt ground. Kythe’s walked lightly, nearly bouncing. Zander sighed as he prepared for whatever onslaught of ‘news’ he was about to receive.

finalwolf

Jag the Hunter

With: Vitani and Bhaltair > Nobody
Feeling: Worried/Content
Where: Healers Den > Walking towards his den

Jag tilted his head as he took notice of his sister who seemed to have fallen quiet in this talk. He silently watched her, listening to her breathing even and then, there it was, the look. He couldn't help but try to force down the laughter that was trying to escape. He shook his head and gave a shrug of the shoulders. "The only one that I have seen shown any interest in you, as of late, is Slash, and he's one that, I'm not sure can be tamed by any one wolf. Though if he's your taste, I'm not one to stop." Again, he shrugged, but he wasn't going to stop there. The next bit was more directed at Bhaltair. "As much as I would love to see some pups, I don't think it's a grand idea for Vitani nor I to be the ones having any. I'm not sure how our Uncle would feel on it, especially before he had any of his own." Jag frowned at the last bit. How could any alpha do what he did and not be phased by it? He had murdered his own mate and his own pups in cold blood all because he got upset. Any female Zuya choose as a mate, he'd feel sorry for now. He once looked up to Zuya, he still did, enough so wanting to keep trying to get his praise, but now? Now he wasn't as certain on who his Uncle really was.

Jag looked at Vitani, wishing they could be in private and discuss their uncle further themselves. See to it how they should go about all of this. About getting her the position of Alpha herself. He supported her, he always would, and as time kept moving on, it only made more sense that Vitani take over. Though even he had concern about how they where going about this. Jag was making a name for himself, hoping to become top hunter soon enough. Vitani was more quiet in her ways. While the pack knew who she was, she didn't fully make herself known like he was. He had made himself become a leader within the hunters and any that would go on a hunt with them. Vitani needed to do the same, especially with the warriors. Get them to realize how great she is, how strong she is, and make them follow her. The more the pack trusted Vitani, the easier time they would have on getting Zuya and any of his followers out of the pack.

Jag didn't see any other way but Zuya's death at the end of this. He wouldn't step down from his position, not without a fight, and even then, he wouldn't trust his uncle enough to stay within the pack. If they exiled him, he'd worry he'd come back with another pack. Not that he wanted his uncle to die, he still cared about him greatly. When did this all become such a mess? It wasn't suppose to be this complicated.

Jag had been quiet for a bit now and he realized how deep in his own thoughts he had gotten. Just like with Vitani a moment ago, but hers was with the idea of pups and if someone was courting her. "I ah...I'm gonna go for a walk. If I find Zuya, I'll talk to him about the idea of having you become a hunter for a while until pups are born."  Jag stood up and left the healers den and back out into the main den site.

Jag started to head towards his own den. He took notice that plenty  of the wolves seemed quite content right now, full bellies. He smiled, proud that he could help them feel this way. Though that only meant he'd have to go on another hunt within a day or two. He'd have to tell the hunters to rest up, and get ready again. Though this time, they weren't going to hunt a bull elk. They got lucky last time, and the time before that, not so. Luck wasn't usually on their side with bull elks and he wasn't going to risk it. Deer though, they could tackle a few of them down if they moved correctly. Though they'd have to kill enough of them to feed the pack, and then there was the hauling the dead bodies back to the den site.

KillxLucky

Name: Zuya

Zuya quietly watched Tsuki as she immediately went into greeting him and explaining why she was at his den without him. Tsuki's submissive posture pleased him. Her timid nature did not go unnoticed by the large brute, instead causing him to puff out his chest and straighten his back in confidence. Surely she knew entering his den without permission was wrong.. but this was a delicate circumstance. Other wolves may have been beaten for such blatant disrespect. However, her reasoning as to why she had gone in had possibly saved her hide. The alpha, instead, opted for a more.. lighthearted technique.

“Ryka and you both should know better than to linger within an alpha's den without permission. You reprimanded her, didn't you?” Zuya responded to Tsuki's excuse with all seriousness.

As if an actual ghost, or spirit, could actually be reprimanded or physically harmed in anyway. His aim was to show Tsuki that he believed in her madness and that it was a normal thing. They way he spoke of Ryka, as if she was still with them, should have been some encouragement for the fae.

Zuya's eyes narrowed as Tsuki spoke of Ryka more. Ryka as his mate? The pup certainly had spunk. It seemed he was starting to like her more now that she was dead. She had more attitude and certainly stood out more. Still, a thought rose in Zuya's mind as he pondered if this could have actually been Ryka talking. Or were these suppressed feelings of Tsuki's that she was trying to pin on the spirit. It was much too soon for him to tell. Luckily for him, Tsuki's very next sentence confirmed his suspicions. It surprised him as well. His mate's body wasn't even cold in the ground and here Tsuki was offering herself up to him.. for the sake of.. pups.

“Hmm.” Zuya breathed, a cloud of vapor escaping his nostrils and he pondered Tsuki's proposal.

Without his dead mate, mating with Tsuki would be an easy task for strengthening his lineage. However, he needed an mate for his first, successful, litter. From what Tsuki had proposed, it seemed she was only doing it for the chance to have pups running around the pack. Currently, they were in the middle of a chilling winter, so now would be the most opportune time seeing as how the pups would be born around the spring. But he needed to trust that Tsuki would even be a fit and sound mother. He had already made the mistake of impregnating a weakened fae, to which her demise was pinned as his fault. Not that he cared, but he did not want a repeat of another stillborn litter.

A long, quiet, silence fell between the two and it was apparent that he was calculating Tsuki's offer. There were things he was not sure of, as of yet. One thing he did know, however, was his next litter would go to his chosen mate. That was something he wasn't necessarily looking forward to; the courting of yet another fae. The whole thing was silly but hormones and nature always took its course in any wolf. The heat rolling off Tsuki's body was already proving to be problematic enough as he wanting to mount her here and now. But he wasn't like other wolves, driven by mating-crazed idiocy. He had a legacy to carry on and there was always a method to his madness.

“I'm surprised you would offer such a thing, Tsuki. I wonder, are you doing this for Ryka, yourself, or for me?” This was a question, that he gave her an adequate around of time to answer. As he waited, the alpha stood, circling her, the same way he had done before as he coated Tsuki with his scent.
“My first mate and litter has died at my paws. The first litter outside my mateship and the fae has also died, but at the paws of my mate. That's enough to keep plenty far away, yet, here you are, leaping at the opportunity to be the next.”

As Zuya came around Tsuki's front, he sat next to her, now positioning her on his right side. He purposely invaded her space, sitting himself so close that their pelts began blending in the morning sun. So close that Tsuki even lean into him. The warmth of his own body radiated in her direction. This was a rarity, as Zuya was a lone sort of wolf, usually sticking to himself unless there was business to be taken care of. Together, at this angle, the pair could still talk and both peer toward the densite and watch other wolves in the distance. If he ever chose Tsuki as a mate, this would be a position she would need accustomed used to.

“I'll have you know my next litter will be born to a strong female, who will be my mate.” As he spoke, his gaze remained on the pack, watching them go about their lives. Beside him, he wondered if Tsuki would falter, or change her mind. Or would she still be willing to rise up to the task.
Looking for something different? Give the Beneath Our Paws Roleplay a try~!
O/o thread here.

finalwolf

Tsuki the healer

With: Zuya and (ghost ryka)

Tsuki looked up at Zuya when he asked if she reprimanded Ryka. "I spoke to her about not doing it again. I think she understands now, after the talk." What else was she suppose to do with Ryka? It wasn't like she was going to attack a pup. She felt some relief though, with Zuya, he wasn't going to reprimand her, and she knew how lucky she was in that, though he could easily change his mind, and she knew it.

The quiet that had fallen between them, made her on edge. What was her alpha thinking? Maybe she never should have mentioned what she did. Her ears fell flat as she looked around to see where Ryka had gone to, but she seemed to have disappeared for now, leaving Tsuki with her own thoughts. Perhaps it was too soon for her to suggest Zuya mate with anyone. Let alone someone like her. Tsuki was nothing like his previous mate, and it was a bit soon to be suggesting this, but what Ryka said did make sense. Their pack did need pups, especially their alpha so he could continue his line.

Finally, Zuya spoke up, which caused Tsuki to become alert briefly, before looking to her alpha. He asked who she was doing this for, and her ears fell. "For you, and me. It may have been Ryka's idea, but...you're our alpha, you deserve strong pups, and I believe I can grant you that. And the bit for me, it's because I'd like to see some pups around your pack." It was mainly for him though, for her alpha. They needed a strong alpha, one that also had strong pups to follow in his paw prints. "Mainly for you though, Alpha." Though even Tsuki wondered how crazy she really sounded. She shouldn't consider mating with anyone until she found a mate, but yet here she was offering herself to her alpha.

You're doing just fine, Tsuki. And you're right, it is for him, anything you do, should be for him, and you should work on catching his eye more. Become stronger, continue what you're doing with him, the way you see him is already perfect. Ryka finally appeared again in front of Tsuki.

While Zuya circled Tsuki, she looked at Ryka, now she showed up to keep her company. Though his circling still kept her uneasy, even though this wasn't the first time he done it. What he spoke next, she wasn't sure how she should take it. His mate died because she thought she was equal, perhaps even above Zuya, which she wasn't, never would be. The male alpha was always the top alpha, no matter what, at least that's what Tsuki has come to learn and understand during her time in this pack. The other fae that he had mated with, well again died due to his mate. She was jealous, didn't understand what or why Zuya did what he did. Tsuki looked at Ryka who looked back at her, daring her to say her thoughts. "I still am sorry that your mate died, and the fae that you mated with. But...both deaths fall on your mate. She thought you and her where equal, that she could tell you what to do. She was wrong, and wouldn't listen to your word, that's not how your mate should act. You're above all, it's that simple, but she forgot that." Tsuki wasn't sure how Zuya would take her words, and part of her was afraid. Again her ears lowered and she didn't keep eye contact with him.

He sat down next to her, close to her, in a way she wasn't comfortable with, her heart pounding and was waiting for him to do something. They where so close, she taking in his scent, liking it. Out of instinct, she found herself putting her head against his body and nuzzled him briefly to fully take him in. The moments passed, before Tsuki realized what she had done, pulling her head away from him, and shyly looking up at him. "Sorry, I got caught up in the moment." Just what was she doing? Ryka easily was quite pleased with what she had done, but Tsuki wasn't as sure.

Zuya spoke up about his next litter being born to a strong female, his next mate. "I may not be warrior strong, but I am strong in other ways. And...I'm hoping to improve being strong as well." She hinted at how she could perhaps be a good candidate for his next mate. "I may be young and have a lot of growing to do, but I understand my place, and can easily learn and adapt." She replied as she followed his gaze out towards the pack. She was still a young adult wolf, but with how Ryka was there, and how her mind was changing, she was eager to become more than what she currently was. A wolf that Zuya could be proud of that was in his pack, and potentially his mate. The more time she spent with Zuya and Ryka, the more lost she was becoming to the darkness.

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook
Company: N/A.
Perimeter Sense: Vitani and Jag.
Theme: "Honshirabe" from Shakuhachi by Miyata Kohachiro.

"I see them, the souls that struggle with the dark...

The Furtive Spook layed dormant at the opening to his burrow; a soft breath upon the breeze. And with eyes barely open, his ears began to seize...the rumors that the wind brought him, despite his weary eyes far from others.

His only source of entertainment since yesterday...what did his ears see?

"I heard..."
"I saw..."
"I figured that ghost had been up to something-but what the hell did he do?"
"The enigma? The quiet thing?"
"Beaten up, something fierce, and Pecado nor his thugs anywhere to be seen...brother of his must be p***ed."
"And Tsuki carrying him in to his burrow yesterday night to rest. Brought him food too."
"And Vitani and Slash checking up on him? The hell? Since when did they talk?"
"It's a quandry..."
"...a mystery."
"...what it~ is...is ugly...something about it all...is ugly."

The cracked ribs in Mute's body gave a low groan as the healer gave a slow wince in response. The cold reminding him what it meant to cling to life. To cling to life was to nurture pain; the healthy way. Tsuki had mentioned returning later to check on him, and he remembered her answer to finally sit down and talk with him. He wondered...he wondered what he'd try to say. To say, to the fae. The fae that risked so much to find him.
...silence...
...he owed those three a great deal of thanks.

Only...how to repay? All he could do for some time: was heal. Mute pondered it somewhat as a tree seedling having an out of body experience, watching itself grow. Slowly. It hurt to move around, but Mute's ears replaced his eyes for keeping tabs on his surrounding packmates. The ones within range anyhow. It was going to be a slow recovery. A rather irritating one. Another huff escaped Mute's lips at the prospect. And no sooner had he done so, a small songbird perched atop one of his ears. A cardinal. Bright red. Black masked. Like a messenger from a place of bloodstains. Yet, it's song was cheerful, and it didn't seem to notice Mute underneath him being so still.
Mute slowly managed to smile, as the bird continued to sing.

...an omen, was it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I see them, my silence beckons them, yet they do not come.
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy
3. Walk Humbly with thy God
-Micah 6:8

SweetPotatoPie

Bhaltair

Bhaltair was flattered, happy to hear that Jag had thought so well of him. That he wasn’t just a useless body. Honestly, he’d been kind of feeling that lately, especially with the loss od the alpha pups and Ryka. He knew the loss of the pup wasn’t really his fault, but it still hurt. He cared very much about all the pups and even his pack members, even if he didn’t like some of them. He didn’t want to see anyone in his pack get hurt and currently that seemed to be what was happening emotionally and physically. The whole pack seemed in turmoil. Internally the thought that it was their current leader causing it was cast aside for now. He hadn’t seen Vitani’s gaze, completely focused on Jag as he assured, he would love to train him. The hesitant voice that came from her caught him off guard, demanding his attention. He turned to her with wide concerned eyes, taking in her upset look. Confused seemed more appropriate to him than really upset it would seem. Oh, Vitani. he thought to himself, feeling guilty as it dawned on him what had happened and she was thinking.

He quirked a brow at hearing Jag speak of Slash. Personally, he would want a much different wolf to stand next to Vatani. Not that he really had a say in the matter, but the though of Slash being there made him a little irritated and a little worried. Of course, he had thought of future pups, thought of the pack differently or wondered what it would be under Vitani’s rein with pups at her side, but he never really thought of the male that would be there. The Alpha to the alphaess. The idea unsettled him and took a more serious turn. They lapsed into silence, each seemingly lost in their own thoughts when Jag announced he was going to take a walk. Bhaltair snapped out of it to make sure he thanked the hunter. “Thank you, Jag. Really.” He said with gratitude and sincerity to his tone.

After he left, Bhaltair turned to Vitani, , wishing to remedy the situation. " My apologies for unsettling you. I’m a sitter, I’m always thinking of pups to have around. I was just teasing.” He sighed, hanging his head with a down casted look. “Jag is right, I must be careful with such teasing, especially with you.” And whoever could be listening that might report such things to Zuya. But he wouldn’t say that part allowed. He looked up at her, head still ducked, and offered and lopsided grin. “Just do me a favor, and when you do decide on taking a mate, don’t fall for the first dashing male the flirts with you.” He was meaning Slash in the nicest way possible. Of course, he thought better of her than to be swept off her paws so easily, she was much more rational than that, and his dancing eyes assured her he was still lightly teasing. “Ah, there I go again. I’m sorry.”

He shuffled so he could avoid busy healers and lay next to her, not touching but still close that their conversation was still a bit more private. “But I must add, don’t think that because of any plans you may have on that agenda that one day you can’t or shouldn’t. Know that you will always have my support.” And he meant it. Bhaltair was always there to encourage everyone in the pack, but he was much more serious in this moment towards her about his support. He lay quietly for a moment, half thinking she would kick him out of the healer’s den for a moment. He would leave, if she wanted him to, but he wished to stay. He enjoyed her company a lot more than some of the other wolves, especially when they were more hangry or still persnickety from their recent scuffle for food.

KillxLucky

All of what Tsuki had been stating was true. He did need a strong lineage. He did need a strong mate. None of that came as any surprise to him. However, what did surprise him, still, was Tsuki herself. She'd named herself worthy of carrying his lineage and according to her, it was all for his sake. The ivory alpha has taken notice of her timidness when he previously walked around her, but soon warmed up to his presence.. even leaning into his warmth. Her affection was met with a stiffening of his own muscles, but he did not snap at the smaller fae. Instead, he suppress his growing uneasiness, a long, heavy gust of air escaped his nostrils. This was the part he did not care for in a mate. The affection they sought. The courting. Alas, it was a huge part of his life, and if she was willing to try and be his mate, he would feel her out as well. Perhaps she was correct in her notion that she was indeed strong enough to bare the weight of an alpha and a mother. Time could only tell.

As Tsuki apologized for her nuzzling and affection, Zuya remained silent. He really did not know how to handle her. While many of the females threw themselves at him, he simply had not expected such a thing from Tsuki. A smirk formed on his lips, to which she would probably take as approval for her affection. In fact, the humor lay in his power. The power of being an alpha, the power of a strong leader. He was a wolf others looked up to and wanted to be like..  He made even the most timid of wolves attempt to seem stronger than they really were in an attempt to be noticed and useful to the pack. When Reynu reigned, they all lived in content, never working toward anything to better themselves but now.. he was seeing a steady change in many wolves. His presence gave others the pride they needed within themselves. That, was an accomplishment in itself, even if no one else cared to give him kuddos for it. The pack was already stronger without weak Reynu, they would eventually see it for themselves.

“Your boldness and proposal has been noted, Tsuki. When the time comes, perhaps, I will take you up on that offer.” Zuya peered down at the now bashful fae. “You're right, you are not warrior strong and certainly are young. I have to make sure you are suitable for the role. I will not have another failed litter.” Zuya told her, speaking more like a father figure in a disciplining tone than someone who could be her potential mate, but it was true. “You also may not be the only suiter.” He warned her, keeping his tone even. Zuya was hinting toward his ideas of mating outside his mateship for the sake of having more litters. This was an issue with his previous mate, where they did not see eye to eye on the matter, up until her untimely death. If she wanted to be his mate, there was the possibility that he would not be completely faithful to her.

Quietly, Zuya leaned in closer to Tsuki, a silent indication that he would accept her affection further if she so chose. This was the only sort of physical affection she would receive from him until he thought more about what he wanted to do with the younger fae's offer. It seemed they would have to talk more about it later. They were in the midst of another who was slowly approaching them, with a slight hobble, a packmember. The packmember seemed to be hesitant, understanding that himself and Tsuki were having a bit of a moment, but right now Zuya welcomed it. Tsuki's heat was dizzying and packmember's presence was a welcome distraction. The alpha nodded in the black brute's direction, letting him approach.

Nuka had been pacing, in the distance, for a while as he waited his turn to speak with their alpha. He was easy to spot; one of the only large white wolves in the pack. Possibly the largest, if his memory served him right. Nuka waited to be summoned further before approaching the alpha and the lady wolf who was accompanying him. The seemed to be sharing an intimate moment and he wasn't at all sure if his own proposal was anymore important than what they were speaking about in hushed tones. His eyes narrowed, because he would really only make out her silhouette, but as he was summoned closer, the colors of her pelt became a little brighter and her face came into focus. It was Tsuki getting cozy with the alpha.

Nuka continued hobbling forward and dipped his head, drastically, basically licking the snow at his own paws. This display always pleased Zuya and as Nuka peered upward at the large white male, he could see it buttered him right up. Maybe even moreso because of the presence of a fae. “A quick word, if you will, my dear Alpha.” Nuka's eyes shifted to Tsuki, straightening himself as Zuya nodded. “I do not mean to interrupt, I had been thinking about something and wanted to bring it to your attention.” Nuka's dull eyes continued to linger on Tsuki, offering her a simply smile and deciding what he had to say could be said in front of the fae. “I was thinking, maybe we can reinstate Elder's Moon.. Reynu forbade it but you, my alpha..” Nuka dipped his head one more, though this time simply lowering it slightly. “I think you know it would be wise to continue the once broken tradition.”

Zuya narrowed his eyes at the Elder. His name escaped him, in the beginning, but as Nuka did a very familiar dip of his head, Zuya understood him to be Nuka. Sometimes, pack mates and their names escaped Zuya if they didn't stand out. Luckily for Nuka, his way of showing submission always seemed to put Zuya in an easier mood, and that was a noteworthy gesture. Elder's Moon, however, he had not given that much thought since Reynu had done away with it. He didn't really care that much about the stories that they elders gathered around to tell about spirits, curses, and the land but some pups enjoyed it.. even some adult wolves. But why in Mother Moon's good name had this come up? “Tonight will be a full moon and would be fitting to uphold the tradition.” Nuka suddenly blurted out as if reading Zuya's mind and body language perfectly. There it was. The reason behind Nuka's sudden suggestion. For a moment, Zuya peered over at Tsuki who had recently joined the pack. Reynu had done away with the tradition well before she had come alone. “Should it be brought back?” He suddenly asked her, entrusting her with a sudden decision about the pack. He would how she would take it. He knew she had no idea what it was, but perhaps someone around the densite had told her about it. What would her response be? The first test.
O/o thread here.

KillxLucky

Name: Vitani
Company: Jag -> Bhaltair.
Out.Of.Character~ Mute and Zander can join in if they'd like! 

The conversation of courtship and pups was certainly unsettling to Vitani. The warror's green gaze fell on her brother as he voiced his opinion on the matter. He was correct on both accounts, Slash wasn't exactly the "settling down" type and their uncle certainly would not take kindly to her carrying any litter anytime soon. It would only pose a threat to him, no doubt, and she needed to be lowkey about the direction she wanted to take with the pack until the time was right. She needed to be able to slip under his radar for now. Vitani shook her head at the ideas of pups and what may become of them because of Alpha Zuya. He'd already, willingly, killed his own litter of pups out of a temper tantrum. Surely he would give little to no regards to her litter.

“Right. Well.. it seems pups are the least of our concerns for now.” Vitani stated softly, seemingly regaining her more "confident" demeanor back. She made no comment about Slash to Jag. Instead, as her brother took his leave, she smiled softly in his direction, watching him retreat from the inyanga den.

When Bhaltiar moved closer to her, Vitani watched him, her tail wagging softly... until he started to speak about not accepting the first male that showed her the slightest bit of attention. The only male that her showed her any attention in that way, lately, had been Slash. No doubt, that was the very wolf Bhaltair had been hinting to. As he apologized for his teasing, she shook her head. “I'm sorry to have given you the impression that I can not take a joke.” She smiled softly at him. Her previous, flabbergasted feelings had been from a sudden subject that she had not at all planned and been aware of. But, it seems it was more of a false alarm and Vitani working herself up over nothing. “Slash isn't that bad.” She said with a shrug and a wink, letting Bhaltair know she knew who he was referring to. “But I am always happy to have your support, Bhaltair. Thank you.” She leaned into the brute, nudging him playfully with her shoulder.

“What about you? I'm sure a lucky lady has been on your radar?” She asked, happy to shift the conversation from just herself. “Sitters need mates too. Pups of your own won't be so bad. Jag and I.. well, that all should come much later for us but you have a shot at it whenever you'd like.” There was a sense of longing in her voice, as if she was spilling more information that she was actually letting on. All of her and Jag's decisions were made based off Alpha Zuya. Sure, the pack felt this same sort of dread, but Jag and herself felt it tenfold. They couldn't flick their tail without it looking like a threat to Alpha Zuya, especially with his paranoid mind. Of all the members, he probably watched them the closest, whether he lead on that belief or not. “Who are you courting?” Vitani asked in somewhat of a teasing tone. She hadn't seen Bhaltair actively pursuing any fae, but that didn't mean he did not have his eyes on one. She doubt he would tell her, but it was fun to get back at the brute, anyway.

“”
O/o thread here.

finalwolf

Tsuki the healer

With: Zuya and Nuka

It had been a long pause, much longer than Tsuki would have liked, but the smile from him, made her feel back at ease. To her, it meant he wasn't upset at her, and didn't mind her affection. She smiled back and then looked to him as he spoke. That was all she could ask for, was that he consider her. While Tsuki knew she wasn't warrior strong, and while she didn't mind, Ryka would see to it that she got stronger, there was no doubt of that. "If you do choose me, I will not fail you, my alpha." He had added on tat she may not be the only suiter, and she understood that. "It would make sense that I wouldn't be the only one." She was okay with it, but Ryka wasn't. She should be the only one, but she also saw the mistakes the previous female alpha had done, and wouldn't repeat them. Tsuki was not certain herself on it yet that it would or wouldn't fully be all right, not with how she was confused herself, but the longer she was with Zuya, the less confused she was becoming. "I want to serve you, and make you happy, no matter how it's done."

Then, he had leaned closer to her, which caught her by surprised, but found herself leaning back on him. She felt at peace right now, and Ryka had been quiet and went to the sidelines. This is what she needed, time away from Ryka, and if Zuya was the cause of that, she would take this as a sign. A sign that perhaps she should be doing this for her alpha, for her pack. She was enjoying the moment, again taking in Zuya's scent up until she realized the elder was there, Nuka.

Tsuki perked up and sat straight as she listened to Nuka, curious if she should be here or not. Though it seemed Nuka didn't mind her here, and Zuya hadn't told her to leave, so she would stay. Nuka spoke something about the Elder's Moon, something the previous alpha had stopped. She was curious to know what the Elder's Moon was. Little detail was given however, which left her curious on the matter. Zuya spoke up, asking her if it should be brought back. Her eyes had widen at him, unsure why he would ask her opinion, someone who had no idea what this tradition was.

Tsuki closed her eyes and thought as much as she could on it.  "I have no idea what the Elder's Moon was. The previous alpha stopped it because of some reason, whatever that may be. However, it sounds like it was, at one point, a fond tradition. Something that the pack had enjoyed." Tsuki looked over at Nuka, curious to see if what she spoke was right or not. Even if it wasn't it was on par of making her opinion open based at this point. She thought a bit longer about the pack before speaking up further. "I'm sure we all have seen the pack's moral has been low lately, especially with the events and it being winter. Food isn't as bountiful, pups gone, death alone within the pack. This could be the something the pack needs to boost up moral for the time being. A tradition that some remember, a familiar, to them. Something that can be a constant on these nights. Gives the pack something to look forward to right now." Tsuki shifted her gaze to Zuya.

Tsuki was just praying that Nuka wouldn't steer her wrong in this and suggest something that had been gruesome. She didn't speak much to the elder wolf, he was a bit mentally unstable, or so they all said. "As long as the Elder's Moon isn't something bad, but would bring the pack together, I think it would be a good idea to bring it back."

KillxLucky

☪〈 Timeskip 〉 ↘

Weather: Cloudy. Cold. Light winds. The sun has come up over the horizon, providing a little more warmth over the land. It peeks in and out of the clouds before being consumed again. The air is chilly. Several inches of snow continue to blanket the ground but it is no longer snowing.

Time of Day: Morning.

Last Hunt: Page 1. An Adult Male Elk. (An Auto'd hunt).

Last Timeskip. Page 2. (N/A so far.)
O/o thread here.

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook
Perimeter Sense: Vitani and Bhaltair.
Theme: -----

Mute found himself, once again, waking peacefully from a steady doze. The cardinal atop his head had made a comfy perch for itself; seated steady like a prince upon a throne. The dwarfed brute didn't mind it. Any company at all was welcomed at this point. Tsuki had been quite stern with him to avoid moving around till his ribs healed further. And well, he didn't want to cause her any more concern than he already had.
As for the source of his stirrings, it was a combination of birdsong from a few other cardinals perched in the tree above him, and the distant conversation Vitani was having. The other brute with her had a fuzzy voice at this distance, but Vitani's was unmistakable.
Slowly, other voice began to drift to his fuzzy radars on the wind, and Mute busied himself with just listening to busy his thoughts.

Anything to try to preoccupy him...

"...I saw a bear stir from it's cave this morning..."
"Once, I noticed a bird drop dead right above my den. Scared the fuzz right off me... "
"...and the cold bit my nose so hard when I exited my den yesterday..."
"Why? Why are things so bleak lately?"
"I...I miss my mother...when is she coming back?"

Mute listened intently, the furtive spook had a habit too keen to break when it came to keeping eyes and ears on the pack. Even limited as he was now in recuperation, he still found himself falling back to what he liked to do. Watch. Listen. It was rather strange, in hindsight at least. Somehow, he liked to think it made him a better Ingyanga. He couldn't help but wonder if his birth parents once had the same habits. And had Tsuki been watching him for such a length of time before his fateful rescue?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy

KillxLucky

Nuka's intrusion proved to be of little to no importance to Zuya. Elder's Moon wasn't something he particularly looked forward to as a younger wolf. As Tsuki explained that it may raise pack moral, Nuka nodded along in agreement. “Tsuki is correct, my alpha. Pack morale has been rather low with the events and the cold winter. As to be expected, but I think this will uplift some spirits.” Nuka sat upon his haunches, offering a soft smile. “I'd like to my stories and I'm sure some young wolves may like to listen.” Nuka's eyes lingered on Tsuki as if he knew her secret. He tilted his head slightly, scanning over her face intently. “Stories of the dark trait need to be told and passed down generation to generation so that we may all know the signs.” Nuka's gaze shifted to Zuya once more. “I begged your brother to keep this tradition and he did not and now look at what's become of the pack.” Nuka shook his head solemnly. Nuka good sense Zuya's annoying at the mention of his brother and quickly apologized. “Forgive me, my alpha. I was just.. stating what's known to be true. The pack hasn't been well since Alpha Reynu broke tradition. ”

Zuya listened to what both Tsuki and the elder. As Nuka mentioned Reynu, his lips pulled into a silent snarl, but he did let the brute finish. It seemed Nuka believed that Reynu was to blame for the pack's recent shortcomings. A very welcome change to him being the culprit of the madness. Zuya spoke in a flat tone. “Do what you must, Nuka. Go and tell the others of the pack's first Elder Moon under my Alphaship.” His eyebrow quirked upward as he watched Nuka's excited reaction. Nuka's tailed wagged happily and a look of surprise plastered over the older male's face. It was as if he expected Zuya to disagree and shut down his moment of wisdom. Most wolves called him mad but Nuka knew he was wise. The short comings of the pack was because of Reynu and the darkness.. “Thank you, my alpha. Please, consider stopping by to listen in on these stories this time. I know you do not enjoy them all but I will try to make them as.. entertaining as possible.” Nuka began grumbling to himself about youngsters and how they lacked the attention span to listen to important lessons. Zuya was quick to stop his gibberish and dismissed him to be on his way to prepare for Elder Moon tonight.

Zuya inhaled loudly and exhaled, turning to look at Tsuki. “You may benefit from listening to what the old loon has to say.” His nodded in the brute's direction. “I don't think he's mad but he tends to come off that way with his constant rambling. Some of his stories may help with Ryka. Understanding what it is she wants and why she lingers only with you. ” Zuya's gazed was upon Tsuki once more. He hadn't missed her words earlier about not failing him. That she wanted to serve and make him happy. Many things made him happy but having a mate was not one. So far, this newfound freedom was .. refreshing to say the lease. He cared little about hurting her feelings but he couldn't bring himself to decline her. Not right at this moment anyway. He was curious as to just how far she would go to prove her worth.
“If I asked you to kill someone, would you? How would you do it with such a small body? What if it was a hunter?” The question came out of the blue, at least for the aspiring alphaess, but of course, as always, there was a method to his madness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Nuka has gone around to each wolf within the pack [more like slowly hobbled to everyone] and told them of Elder's Moon later in the night and explained what it is. You can choose to have your wolves acknowledge Nuka or not and plan to not attend Elder's Moon. If anyone needs more clarification, ask in the ooc! We'll chat about it. ^^)
O/o thread here.

finalwolf

Tsuki the healer

With: Zuya and Nuka

Tsuki was glad to hear that someone else had taken notice about the morale within the pack. Though what caught her attention was the lingering look Nuka had given her about his stories, as if she should be one of those young wolves to listen. As Nuka continued it made sense to her as to why she should listen in, it was about the dark trait. Her ears flattened for a bit wondering if anyone besides Zuya knew about her situation. Surely Nuka hadn't, right? He was wise, he was old, he has been through a lot in his life, but surely it wasn't that easy to tell if someone had it or not. At least, not without some poking around. Though she was quite interested in hearing these stories now, perhaps there was some way to help silence Ryka and keep her own sanity.

Tsuki continued to listen, but grew concerned when Nuka had mentioned Reynu, but backed tracked to state that by the previous Alpha breaking this tradition, it was potentially his fault the pack was the way it was, at least maybe with the dark trait? She wasn't quite sure on that, and turned to look at Zuya to see what he would say. She had noticed he snarled at Reynu's name, but seemed to not be too bothered by it. Which was good for Nuka. Zuya seemed fine to let the tradition start back up, which caused Tsuki to turn her head back to Nuka as he became quite excited. Nuka thanked and then went on his way, but Tsuki found herself smiling as she watched him and then heard some grumbling from Nuka about attention span. "Nuka seems quite happy, that's good. Hopefully others will too with this tradition starting again."

Tsuki looked at Zuya as he looked at her. It seemed even Zuya would agree it would be a good idea for her to listen to his stories. "Nuka is Nuka, he's different because he is old, but I also think he just has different ways of showing his knowledge. Though I hope his stories will be true, and I can find out some useful information to help with Ryka. Thank you, Alpha Zuya for letting this tradition start again." Tsuki smiled softly. While she would have liked to have thought more about what Nuka's stories could be or even mean for her, her thoughts where cut off when Zuya spoke again. This time, about killing someone.

Tsuki's eyes widened and her ears fell flat and her body shrunk down. She wasn't a killer. She wasn't good at hunting, she wasn't good at taking another living creature's life. That wasn't how she grew up the first year of her life. Her human companion had taught her many things though, and it wasn't always the good in herbs. Emma, her human, had taught her the 'bad' herbs, and some of the mixtures that could hurt her. Including some berries that grew wild around here that could be fatal if one ate too much.

Say it. Tell him how you'd do it. Poison, simple, clean. If you can't do the killing, I will use you myself to make sure you do it. He is your alpha, and we do not disappoint him. Ryka growled at Tsuki.

Tsuki whined at Ryka's words and stared at the pup. "You can't do that, you speak, but that's it. I can't..." Tsuki spoke softly and muttered most of her words back to Ryka. This only caused Ryka to grow further annoyed with Tsuki. As if this was a challenge to the young pup. One she wasn't going to just take laying down.

What Tsuki didn't know, was that earlier, the way she was with Zuya, speaking, acting the way she did, a lot of that was Ryka's doing. Thus why Ryka wasn't around during that time. Tsuki was still there, seeing a lot of it, believing it was just her own actions, but Ryka was influencing her, enough to pull the strings.

Ryka once more disappeared and the typical, normal, less confident Tsuki, went away again. Tsuki looked back at Zuya. "I'm sorry, about that little bit. It's true, I'm not a killer, I don't have the size, the skills, or the typical way a wolf would kill. I don't have any of that, but I do have my knowledge. There are plenty of herbs and berries out there that if you combine them a certain way, would become fatal." She eyed Zuya as she sat more confidently instead of trying to be so small, she sat larger again, but not as large as she could be. She wanted to be confident in showing, not threatening. "I could bring food over coated in some of the poison to my target, or if they are injured, can easily give them that. Or if simply I take notice and say they look tired and could use more energy, that I have just the herb to use. I'd kill them that way. Now, I know it isn't as fast as sinking teeth into ones neck, but it would work." Slow, painful death. The berries she had been told about, worked within a day, faster the more one had eaten.

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook
Perimeter Sense: Vitani and Bhaltair.
Theme: -----

"Mute."
"Mute."
"Mute."
"Mute~"
"YOU F*****G KILLED ME, MUTE!"

The dwarfed Ingyanga awoke, yet again, from his sudden doze with a worried jolt. A feint whimper on his lips as his eyes hurriedly scanned around his burrow. The movement was so sudden, the cardinal perched on his head fell off before taking to the air in a panic. Pecado's voice. It...felt so close. In fact, Mute was certain he could have been standing in front of him. A heavy sigh escaped his muzzle before his head laid back down; assisted by the weighty bags under his eyes. Oh what he'd give for a proper, undisturbed siesta. Ever since his return to the den site, it had been a struggle to sleep for more than one to two hours unabated.

Perhaps...it was his sins weighing him down with a burdening unrest.

...sometimes he swore he could feel his sins crawling on his back.

Once again, the gentle breeze carried Vitani and Bhaltair's voices to his ears. This caused them to alternate a few times as his tail thumped at the recognition. Yet, as hard as he tried to zone in on their conversation, it was a futile effort. He could scarcely make out a few words here and there. To be honest, feeling so helpless was not a state of mind he was used to. Thus, as a result, not being able to watch and listen to the standard living of his packmates made him feel more alienated. He had no clue Izora was dead...no one had informed him yet. No talk of the Elder Moon had reached him yet either. Now, little did Kiowa's Furtive Spook know, that he was feeling akin to humans stuck in hospital beds due to severe injury or illness.
As a practitioner of medicine, Mute related with the concept of healing being restricted by time and patience. Yet, time was so often mistaken as an adversary to the living: who clung to life and often took the minutes for granted. What's more, Tsuki hadn't come back yet. He worried if she was okay. They were supposed to have their talk tonight; however he was beginning to get nervous. How was he going to show her he appreciated her? With that thought, Mute covered both of his eyes with his paws. A silent groan escaped his mouth.

1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy

finalwolf

Jag the Hunter

With: Nuka
Where: Walking about

Jag walked along the entire main den site making sure the wolves all seemed happy and no problems where arising. It may not be his job to keep the peace within the pack, or to make sure all where fine the way he often did, but he couldn't help it. Alpha blood ran throughout him and he cared about each and every member of the pack. Of course he knew he couldn't just say or do as he pleased, he had to ask Zuya how to 'handle' things. Even though he often would handle them much differently. Zuya often ignored or would want the wolves that where having problems with each other to work it out on their own. That wasn't how things should be done, not all the time at least.

On his walk around he had taken notice that Tsuki was by Zuya and she seemed pretty comfortable around him. Odd, since all he knew of the fae was that she was a timid wolf, not wanting to cause attention to herself. While he had to talk with Zuya, he wasn't about to interrupt him either. He'd wait for his time to talk with his uncle. As he continued on with his walk, Nuka came over to him. Explained about the Elder Moon tradition starting up again. A tradition that Jag never got to see, but he had heard plenty about it. Honestly, he was up for this tradition starting again, especially if Nuka really did have knowledge about the darkness. Jag didn't agree with the way Zuya 'fed' the darkness, nor did he agree with his father that those with it, had to be exiled. Jag truly believed there was a way to manage it, or maybe even cure it. Though if push came to shove on wolves being too much, he'd agree with the exile at least, more if the wolf brought it that way.

Jag found himself following Nuka until he finished telling the rest of the wolves. "Nuka, how much do you really know about what's going on with this pack? I'm not blinded to see that things are getting worse and I think more might be coming down with the darkness." He had been curious about all of this, but even though he wanted to seek out more himself, he never went to Nuka. If only for the fact he was never sure how to take his words, if they where serious or not, fact or myth. It didn't help that most just didn't talk about this either. It was hushed about. "Is there any way to reverse it? Cure it?" Even if Nuka didn't know or said no, that didn't mean there wasn't one out there.

finalwolf

Slash the Warrior

With: Nobody, briefly Vitani and Bhaltair, then nobody
Mood: Tired, Upset

Slash continued to be restless, though as time went on he was realizing how tired he truly was. With what happened at the mountain, and wit Meeka, he just couldn't sleep. While talking with Vitani about Mute helped some, there wasn't much he could do to help Meeka. He should have been here when Zuya attacked her. He should have protected her against their alpha. Alpha or not, Zuya had no right to attack her the way he did. She still was hanging on to to life or death. With her being the omega, the healers weren't going to go out of their way to tend to her. Zuya would make sure of that too. Slash straightened his ears and gave off a long, low growl at the thought of all of this. Though he needed sleep if he was going to stay in his peek condition and be as strong as he could be.

Slash stood up and headed to the healers den. He'd ask for some sleeping herbs, he needed sleep, at any cost, he knew that. His mind had to shut down enough so he could sleep, and this was going to be the only way. Though the last of it, he wasn't amused. While he had stayed outside, he wasn't alone, he was near the other wolves. Going to sleep in his own den, away from them all, he hated. He hated being truly alone, and thus a reason why he fooled around with any wolf that was willing. It gave him comfort to have someone there with him, but he wouldn't have that for now. To be truly alone and with his thoughts, he would give anything to change that. He was scared that way, he feared it. Only Sasha knew of that, and it wasn't like he could ask her to join him right now as she was still away.

Just thinking about being alone started to make him feel anxious. He feared one day he'd wake up, or return from a mission, and none of the pack would be left. They'd all be gone, something he could have helped stopped, but didn't. With the image of Pecado in his mind, his thoughts drifted that way, what if Mute lost it again. What if Mute destroyed the entire pack and left them all the way he had Pecado? Slash closed his eyes tightly and shook his head. He needed sleep, this was all worse now because he was so tired, it had to be.

Slash made his way to the healers den, barely noticing Bhaltair and Vitani. He seemed to be in a trance as he walked up to one of the healers. Explaining that he hadn't been sleeping well and some sleep herbs might help. Not much was asked of it, it wasn't the first time Slash had asked for these herbs, nor would it be the last. He took the herbs and then started his way back out though this time actually acknowledging the two. "Hey Bhaltair, Vitani. Hope your paw is doing better," He spoke to Vitani as he then made his way out of the den and slowly making his way to his before the herbs kicked in.

KillxLucky

Zuya watched as the confident demeanor in Tsuki overcame her, once again. To him, this... display seemed to have happened once again when they were alone. When Nuka had been speaking to them, Tsuki was her "normal" self, in that she wasn't trying to assert herself. Zuya wondered why she took on such a behavior only in front of him, in private. He would observe her more, keeping his own thoughts and ideas to himself for the time being.

As Tsuki spoke, explaining that her method of killing would be that of poison, Zuya suddenly snorted. Not because of her choice but because of his most recent encounter with some sort of poison. His previous mate had been instructed to take something that was toxic to her health. He believed a portion of that had been the real reason as to why she had given birth to a, mostly, stillborn litter. They still had yet to find out exactly who the culprit was. The deceased fae's delusions had caused her to say a name aloud but he couldn't be quite sure.

Zuya's eyebrow raised in a quizzical manner. “You wouldn't happen to know of any poisonous herbs currently residing within the pack, would you?” He hadn't eluded to his previous mate, but if Tsuki was observant enough, perhaps she would catch onto what he was hinting to. Suddenly his mate had fallen ill, and died, and now Tsuki was stepping up to the plate in such a rapid manner. He wondered if she could actually be capable of such a thing, even if the name mentioned wasn't Tsuki's. One could never be too careful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O/o thread here.

finalwolf

Tsuki the healer

With: Zuya

Tsuki cocked her head to the side at his question, but still thought it over a bit. "There's no herbs alone within the densite that are poisonous, but over consuming certain ones, mixing others the wrong way, could become deadly. Which is why we don't recommend those not trained to touch any of them." Tsuki explained as she thought about where the nearest poisonous herb would be. Most where aways away, but still within the pack's territory, but that wasn't the only thing around. There where some deadly berries that where only a half a days run from here. "There aren't any poisonous herbs nearby, but there are some poisonous berries not too far." Though now she wondered why the talk of this. True, their previous female alpha had been poisoned, but from what she had witnessed, it wasn't anything she shouldn't have taken. Which led to a possible overdose. He didn't think that she gave her the dose did he?

"I wasn't here when she was given any herbs. I was with Mute and the others returning from our trip from the mountains." She felt the need to make sure he understood she had nothing to do with this. Let alone, the only way she would kill is if it was asked of her, especially by him, by her alpha. She was there trying to help their alphaess, but she hadn't figured out who had given her the overdose. There had been slight murmurs with her fellow healers, but all of them claimed to know nothing about it.

KillxLucky

Name: Nuka

Spreading the word about the restoration of Elder's Moon seemed to take majority of Nuka's morning. A younger wolf would have had a much easier time tracking down pack members and informing them of what was planned for the pack. Nuka, however, hobbled in a much slower stride than others. He enjoyed his less hectic life, now, and often took his sweet time getting anywhere. It gave him plenty of time to think and take in the pack's surroundings and the general mood. That, and his old bones could only manage to go at a leisurely pace.

Nuka was sure to explain details to many of the younger wolves who did not remember or were not around for Elder's Moon before. He took the time to answer questions that they had as well. Nuka's patience knew no bounds for those interested in what he had to say. Even when Jag provided Nuka company, following him around, the older brute did not cease to continue his task with thorough diligence.

At some point in the late morning, Nuka had finally finished speaking to as many wolves as he could find. His heart swelled with hope, remembering different faces that lit up with excitement and interest in what he was saying. Jag soon asked him a question, curious about the dark trait and it's magics. A long exhale escaped Nuka's lips as he plopped his heavy rump into the ground beneath him. “Well, Jaguar, that's what tonight's Elder's Moon is about.” Nuka's tone was sarcastic, though he provided Jag with a warm, light-hearted smile. “I've been around a while and I know enough about the trait but the years of shoving it away, exiling plagued wolves or the death from it has ceased any real progress of truly understanding what all can be done. I wish to share what I know and maybe we can learn more about this together. ” His eyebrows furrowed. “I've seem wolves go mad with envy and rage. Other's sufferings more silent. I believe it affects each individual differently. But, more on that will come later, for everyone to hear. ” Nuka lifted a tired leg to his ears where he began to scratch behind it. An audible "popping" noise could be hear, coming from his knew with each scratch. Nuka's tongue lulled from his mouth as he tended to the itch behind his ear.

“Do you think you may have ideas on the trait? Does it affect you? Is that why you have questions?” Nuka straightened himself out, giving Jag his attention now, as he cocked his head to the side curiously.
O/o thread here.

Cascarones

Name Jadene
Mood Playful
Location Densite
Tagging Slash

There was a pep in her step today, happily trotting and chatting around after her last hunt. I was always fun to come back with such large kill, especially large and rare kill. Oh she was still living off of that pride, but she had to see an Inyanga. A daily checkup was always good in her opinion, that's what they were there for. How could she be in pristine hunting shape when any part of her was failing? There was a lot to unpack behind that thought, and the familiar pelt of the den's local grump caught her attention, body turning to catch up with him. "Making your local visit to the healer's den?" She said, tail giving a wag to show she meant little harm. "We haven't had a good fight in a while, how come you keep checking up with them?" She hummed to herself, keeping pace, enjoying the cool air. "Are you excited about the elder moon? I heard some others talking about it. Apparently Nuka's out and about telling all of them. The old coot. It's hard no to have a good time when he's around."

Glancing at their prints in the snow, purposely missed a step so she was in rhythm with him. "What'd you get from them anyway?" She tried to sniff at him to get a clue, yet being wary enough to not actually get close enough to his fur, just sniffing the air around him. "I hardly see you out there with the rest of the pack." She didn't know those smells, crinkling her nose. It smelled like the healer's den no doubt, but whatever he got, she wasn't familiar with.

finalwolf

Slash the Warrior

With: Jadene
Mood: Exhausted

Slash took notice of Jadene, in which she seemed to be quite happy today, and talkative. One topic after the other, which he didn't really want to talk on any of it being exhausted. "If I didn't have to go to the healers, I wouldn't. I'm strong enough, healthy enough, to not need them. No recent injuries either so I'm good." He didn't want to have others know he had to seek out the healers. That he was having his own issues and needed help. He was a warrior, he was to be strong, and he wanted to be seen as such. Someone always in peek condition, ready to protect this pack. Hopefully on how he worded it all, was good enough to let her know it wasn't any of her business why he was seeing them. Though it also could give her some ideas as why he didn't or did see them.

"The elder's moon? Is that what all the gossip is right now?" Slash hadn't ran into Nuka, probably missed him during his visit with the healers. He did hear others talking about it though, some seemed eager to start tradition again and others where concerned as that wasn't allowed before Zuya's reign. He had little knowledge about it himself, and with the herbs he took, it was hard to say if he'd be awake for it or not. If he was, he wasn't even sure he'd go to it anyway, it wasn't something that peeked his interest too much. That and Nuka was a bit senile in his old age, in Slash's opinion. If one didn't take Nuka too seriously, he suppose he could be one to 'have a good time around', as she put it. Not someone he would normally stick around to. "I'll probably stay back from the elder's moon, let those that are more interested in it have the good seating." Again his words chosen carefully, to not hint that he had taken some sleeping herbs and that he may just sleep the night away instead. "You seem to enjoy Nuka's company and what he has to say, I bet you'll be up fairly close to listen to him." Perhaps he'd get lucky and she'd go seek out Nuka instead, but he doubted the way his luck was going that would happen.

Back to wondering why he had gone to the healers and trying to figure it out. "Herbs to keep me in top shape." That was enough, and wasn't lying either. A simple statement on which could lead to many herbs out there to keep one healthy. In his case, sleep. He eyed her closely as he took notice of her trying to sniff out the herbs on his breath. He snorted a bit and chuckled, not being able to help it. "Unless you're trained with the herbs, I doubt you'll know what it is I took exactly." If one took enough of the same herb, then maybe in time they'd learn to smell it, but even for him, though he took these herbs enough before, he still had no idea what they where and wouldn't be able to pick them out. He didn't care enough about those scents. He had plenty of other scents to memorize and keep track of to keep this pack safe.

"I don't need to mingle with the other pack members, unless I want something from many of the others." Not always the case, but many times when he wanted to have fun to not be alone at night, was the normal case. Though as of lately things where changing within him and what he felt within the pack. He couldn't just be as carefree as he was with the others before and his fun. "My job is to keep this pack safe, and for me it's easier to keep them all safe if I keep myself busy watching them and around them instead. Besides, I'm not as social as other wolves in chit chat. I'm sure you noticed that, you seem to be much better at it." He stopped as they now stood close to his den. He couldn't help but wonder a bit though, why it was that she choose now to talk to him. He spoke with her a few times before, but it wasn't like he and her shared much interest. At least what he felt, and before winter, he had tried a few times chasing her tail to get her to have fun with him, but it hadn't worked out. During all of this time of them talking, he had been holding back plenty of yawns if she would have paid close enough attention. As they stood there, he was even fighting back one. He was trying to figure out what to say next or if he should just wait to see if she was done. One part of him wanted her to go bother somebody else, but the other part of not wanting to sleep alone was there. The herbs where working and he could feel it in his body that he was needing to close his eyes sooner than later, but the fear and anxiety still fought to reign. Then, he yawned finally, a big one. "Sorry, it's been a bit busy for me the past day or so. Might not have been active here in the den site, but out there, it was."

finalwolf

Jag the Hunter

With: Nuka
Where: Main Den Site

Jaguar? Was that really what the moon was about this time? Jag had caught Nuka's sarcasm, it was light hearted, but it was there. Or was he somehow connecting the moon to be about him? He cocked his head to the side as he continued to listen to Nuka. Exiling wolves or killing them apparently wasn't the way to go about this, which is what Jag already believed, but surely feeding this as well wasn't good either. Jag nodded his head to the part of him wanting to share and that maybe they could learn more about it together. He agreed on that. "I agree on the last bit for sure, it seemed it's different for any wolf that gets it. I don't think I have seen two exactly the same, similar perhaps, but not the same." He spoke as he then watched the elder wolf itch himself. One bad thing about getting old is that your body seemed to fall apart, but lately, growing old was a rare thing around here. He wasn't sure what to feel for Nuka in this, bad that his body seemed to hurt, but good that he was able to live this long.

Jag was about to answer Nuka's first question, but then shook his head at the next. "I'm curious about it. I've seen my father exile those affected by it and then I've seen Zuya nurture those affected by it. Both I think aren't quite right. Not how I would go about it. They need help, true help, not by abandonment and not by feeding it either. They need to understand it, to control it instead of it controlling them." Jag explained. "I haven't noticed anything different within myself to make me question the trait within me, whether I have it or not. Though I do wonder if it's something that every wolf has and just at some point, something causes it to appear. I'm not sure. There's a lot that I don't know and have little understanding of with it, but I want to understand it. I want to be able to help them and this pack."

Cascarones

Name Jadene
Mood Playful, Curious
Location Outside Slash's Den
Tagging Slash

"The gossip is that all sorts of wolves share stories on Elder's Moon. It makes me think back to all the stories from puppyhood that my parents would tell me and my litter." She hit the ground with her forepaws, mimicking how puppies wanted to play with each other, even putting her rump in the air and wagging her tail, eyes on the hunter. "But you're right. Nuka could probably elaborate on everyone's stories and where they came from. I'm hoping for something scary, even if it means waiting until all the early birds to go to bed." She stood up, stretching her back legs before giving a pointed look at Slash. The silence that lingered between them, Jadene waiting for the other wolf to speak, she finally took noticed of him stifling a yawn. Oh, so he was one of the early birds, then. A glance up at the sky still showed it to be, well, morning. The birds were still singing their songs in the nearby trees, the wolves were active and out of their dens, even the older pups were sectioning off to go look into their respective future fields, so why was Slash yawning?

His excuse was flexible at best, both of the Jadene's ears now focused on him. Oop, there was the big one, years of held back yawns congealed into one. She gave a snort of her nose to get his breath out of there. She decided to try her luck. "Well, since you've been, busy." Questionable. "I suppose I'll have to ask Vitani or Ifrit if they can teach me the beginnings of being a hunter. I was going to ask you, since you wanted to get along so well with me before winter, but you've been so busy. Clearly you need your rest." She'd been after a different male before winter. Hadn't completely worked out, but she wasn't one to fret over such things. She was still young, after all. "I'm sure I could push you over right now with how big that yawn was. So I'll drop by I guess... after the Elder's Moon? I'll go chat up Vitani and Ifrit in the meantime, get some words of wisdom from Nuka. See you later? He'd probably be asleep until tomorrow, if that yawn was any indication of his exhaustion.

What had he been doing to be so worn out? Hunting bear by himself? No, he would've definitely been more tousled, and he probably wasn't that dumb.