News:

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Deamonbane, September 06, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

I don't generally cheer for Patrick Mahomes, but... yeah.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lady Sakura

I'm actually curious how Skip is going to talk about Brady's loss. I feel like when Brady loses it's everyone else's fault but when BB on the Patriot wins it's that the QB sucks and not that Bill B is a good coach at times. XD Like it wasn't that BB beat the Bills it was that Josh Allen is not a good.

Laughing Hyena

I think we just watched the Super Bowl this night. That was an absolute roller coaster of a game and I thought for sure it was over with 13 seconds left until that happened.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on January 23, 2022, 09:20:29 PM
I think we just watched the Super Bowl this night. That was an absolute roller coaster of a game and I thought for sure it was over with 13 seconds left until that happened.

Seriously, definitely a shoot out.

Lady Sakura

Laughing Hyena

We got a source for that declaration? Because I don't believe that until he has been submerged under molten metal until his cybernetic exoskeleton has been melted into slag and the skynet chip is destroyed.

Oniya

The Bleacher Report has two contradicting stories, and a tweet saying that he's told the Bucs that he's 'not even close to making a decision.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Oniya on January 29, 2022, 06:22:29 PM
The Bleacher Report has two contradicting stories, and a tweet saying that he's told the Bucs that he's 'not even close to making a decision.'

Wow rude. I saw this and was like everyone jumped for nothing. Now when he does retire the people will feel it's like a lie. Bleh

Oniya

Mr. Oniya is convinced that it's real, and he's just shutting down the rumor mill.  My take is that absolutely no one knows - but scanning the headlines, I've realized that he's been playing for longer than Little Oni has been alive, which has got to take a toll on a guy.  I won't be surprised if he retires.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lady Sakura

I think he should too. He had an amazing run and I hope he signs a one day contract with the NE Patriots and retire in a Patriots jersey.

Bevatoria

Quote from: Oniya on January 29, 2022, 07:21:29 PM
Mr. Oniya is convinced that it's real, and he's just shutting down the rumor mill.  My take is that absolutely no one knows - but scanning the headlines, I've realized that he's been playing for longer than Little Oni has been alive, which has got to take a toll on a guy.  I won't be surprised if he retires.

I think I'm with Mr. Oniya on this one, although it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that he'd put it off if he was certain. 

As much as I dislike him, I do like the idea of him retiring a Patriot.
Ons/offs, A/As and an F list.

Deamonbane

BENGALS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL! CHIEFS LOSE THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AT HOME FOR THE SECOND TIME WITH MAHOMES!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

Rams playing the SB at home vs. the Bengals.

I'm getting the feeling that Joe Burrow is going to be murdered come Super Bowl Sunday. It's going to be a very long day for his O-Line in any case.

Lady Sakura

Who are we betting on to winning the SB this Sunday?

I'd be happy if either team wins because it will be a first for the Bengals in a long time. For the Rams I'd be happy if Stafford could get one for being on the Lions for as long as he was and not getting anywhere.

Deamonbane

Don't really mind either way, although I kinda want the Rams to lose because they went all in this year and this is probably their last shot. Bengals have been the scrappy underdogs all season, and Burrow is dripping with charisma.

But I do want Matt Stafford and Von Miller to win too. At this point, I'm just hoping for a good game with no ref-ball.

Oniya

I believe Mr. Oniya is taking the advice of his pack of Tiggers on the game this year.

Laughing Hyena

Last thing anyone wants is for those blind zebras to botch the Super Bowl. I'm happy if the Bengals win. It would make every Yinzer in the US so bitter.

Sasquatch421

As a Bengals fan for around 37 years, I'm pulling for my boys... The Half-Time show should also be fun even if I'm not the biggest fan of rap.

Lady Sakura

Brady came out of retirement. He spent a few weeks with his family and was like nope 😂😂

Laughing Hyena

I felt a great disturbance in the NFL. It's as if millions of fans cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

Bevatoria

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Brady might be a bit of an attention seeker with the quick unretirement.

Being a Packers fan I know about quarterbacks who like the limelight.
Ons/offs, A/As and an F list.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Bevatoria on March 14, 2022, 10:44:35 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Brady might be a bit of an attention seeker with the quick unretirement.

Being a Packers fan I know about quarterbacks who like the limelight.

That and I bet he really didn't want to retire at first, yet his wife had a discussion with him, so he prematurely retired, thinking he was done cause his wife wanted him to be done. Had a change of heart after another discussion with her. When I realized the Bucs were leaving the door open, I felt it was planned. That Brady would do what would make his wife happy, but wanted to play a little longer and she is letting him probably on the notion that 2022 season will be his very last. I think he wants one more shot since he was sooo close the last time.

Man, I wanted him to come home after June and retire a Patriot. T.T

Deamonbane

I don't know how to quote tweets here, but this is the funniest one I've found on the matter: "Tom Brady sat in the pickup line at school for six weeks before deciding nah, I'd rather have Aaron Donald piledrive me into the earth than go out like this."