MarvelThrones:A Tale Of Spider's & Hulk's(Need Captain America, Phoenix, others)

Started by NubianLegend, May 05, 2015, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubianLegend

Quote from: Primarch on May 09, 2015, 08:39:32 AM
But its already set up that its more than once year, its listed that any significant use of it can draw on the need for an Odinsleep/Thorsleep. Unless you mean something else should be attached.

Yeah, but I don't really think a day can make a difference in-game wise. A week maybe? A month definitely.

1SAZ

That's fine by me. I was expecting house Murdock to be a banner house before even considering the character. I just figured Master of Laws on the small council makes more sense for the character, at least by day...

And by night, he is the masked bringer of the King's Justice: The Daring Devil!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Also, we know very capable blind characters are a thing in both cannons.

NubianLegend

Quote from: 1SAZ on May 09, 2015, 08:55:15 AM
That's fine by me. I was expecting house Murdock to be a banner house before even considering the character. I just figured Master of Laws on the small council makes more sense for the character, at least by day...

And by night, he is the masked bringer of the King's Justice: The Daring Devil!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Also, we know very capable blind characters are a thing in both cannons.

I have to admit that suit is pretty cool

1SAZ

Who expects the blind man to be the King's Justice who's an acrobatic beat stick to bring the law? It certainly works well for the character in my humble opinion, assuming you are alright with the dual hidden identity.

NubianLegend

Quote from: 1SAZ on May 09, 2015, 09:00:01 AM
Who expects the blind man to be the King's Justice who's an acrobatic beat stick to bring the law? It certainly works well for the character in my humble opinion, assuming you are alright with the dual hidden identity.

Your character is fine.

Primarch

Quote from: NubianLegend on May 09, 2015, 08:46:33 AM
Yeah, but I don't really think a day can make a difference in-game wise. A week maybe? A month definitely.

Should I take it the various wizards and the like won't be able to teleport to High Garden or characters that can fly won't be able travel that quickly. Because generally speaking I think in any kind of Marvel setting quite a lot can happen in a day.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Primarch on May 09, 2015, 09:07:59 AM
Should I take it the various wizards and the like won't be able to teleport to High Garden or characters that can fly won't be able travel that quickly. Because generally speaking I think in any kind of Marvel setting quite a lot can happen in a day.

This isn't exactly like the comics, this is light-magic oriented so teleporting and flight would be nearly impossible given the setting. I'm not ruling anything out if it's handled the right way but I'm trying to avoid some of the messyness that comes with superpowered stories. In this world, anyone can die. In the marvelverse people die and come back the next afternoon. Flight in this universe wouldn't be gravity defying hypersonic speed, as much as its I'm being empowered by wind forces.

Primarch

Shifted the down time to a week. I know you probably prefer a month but....it would kind of take me out of the game if it actually came up.

Sirian Eve

So magick is more elemental based? I'm working on my bio now, but I see I'll have to tweek some things.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

NubianLegend

Quote from: Primarch on May 09, 2015, 09:23:58 AM
Shifted the down time to a week. I know you probably prefer a month but....it would kind of take me out of the game if it actually came up.

Can do

Primarch

NubianLegend

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 09, 2015, 09:32:30 AM
So magick is more elemental based? I'm working on my bio now, but I see I'll have to tweek some things.

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression otherwise. I'm trying to avoid the upper realmy stuff, because the cosmic stuff takes away from some of the suspense in a lower-ish fantasy medieval setting.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: NubianLegend on May 09, 2015, 09:53:17 AM
I'm sorry if I gave you the impression otherwise. I'm trying to avoid the upper realmy stuff, because the cosmic stuff takes away from some of the suspense in a lower-ish fantasy medieval setting.

Gotcha  ;)

Mathim

Here's Groot.I'll do Quicksilver after I see what Wanda's working with.

Username: Mathim
Character Name: Groot
Canon The one from the movie...?
Physical Description: A sentient tree, able to alter physical structure to mimic other plant-life, several heads taller than most mortal men and nearly featureless face

Sexuality: Asexual
Role: Knight
What does your character desire most?: Preservation of life in all its forms
Personal Philosophy: I am Groot (All life is precious, but that doesn't mean it doesn't need a good ass-kicking sometimes)
Notable Equipment & Weaponry: His own body, metamorphic abilities, size and physical prowess
Skills: Shapeshifting, regeneration (limited, time-consuming, requires consumption of other plantlife), super-strength
A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character: Bioluminescent seed blossoms to illuminate the dark, summoning plant projectiles from his body
Bio: Groot cannot recall his own origin but it is suspected that he was created by some magical means whose source is unknown and may remain that way forever. Groot strongly desires to maintain the most plantlife possible on the planet but does not mind sharing the world with humans and other beings as he has come to value all life, having lived for so long he cannot even remember, and has watched many come and go in that time while he lived on. It is because of this he owes his allegiance to House Rogers, the one that he feels is most in line with his own philosophy. It is difficult for people to trust him at first, in his experience, because all he can do to communicate is grunt or shout "I am Groot"; he has to let his actions do the talking.
I pledge to: House Rogers
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Urbanzorro

So are house Parker and house Doom enemies? I ask because house Parker has house Doom listed as an enemy but house Doom doesn't have house Parker listed as one.

It's for reference on an idea I have for a character.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

How much room do we have on determining House history? Are there any recent/important historic events you have in mind?

NubianLegend

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 09, 2015, 10:45:13 AM
So are house Parker and house Doom enemies? I ask because house Parker has house Doom listed as an enemy but house Doom doesn't have house Parker listed as one.

It's for reference on an idea I have for a character.

House Doom doesn't think much of House Parker. House Parker sees Doom as potentially the biggest threat to the realms( and for good reason)

NubianLegend

Quote from: Primarch on May 09, 2015, 10:55:00 AM
How much room do we have on determining House history? Are there any recent/important historic events you have in mind?

If you have an idea bring it to me, if I like it, I may add it to the house history or involve it in the overall story . How's that sound?

NubianLegend

As for Hand of the King, I was thinking Lord Rogers. I want to build some conflict around Rogers and Stark.

Sirian Eve

Username: Sirian Eve
Character Name:  Queen Angela, Wingless One, Lady of the Divine, Lady of Balance
Canon Angela/Aldriff Odinsttor
Physical Description: 6’2 , 480 lbs, Eyes so pale blue they appear white with celestial  red markings drawn about the eyes and brow. Long legs, 22’ red hair, peach complexion
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Role: Queen
What does your character desire most?:  To protect the realm. To protect the throne and to protect her bloodline
Personal Philosophy: “Nothing is for Nothing”
Notable Equipment & Weaponry: Pyschic ribbons that move voluntarily of their own will when Angela is in danger. Myriad of weaponry made from ebony vibranium and adamantium.
Skills:
Advanced hand to hand combat
Ability to wield various weapons without much practice
Skilled in many tongues including the most ancient of tongues
Skilled tactician in military and guerilla warfare
A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character:
Stamina- Angela is able to exert energy for days without tiring in a battle
Flight She can apparently lift and propel herself through the air by wind at subsonic speeds
Durability Though she can be harmed it’s very tough to do so, she is vulnerable to magic.
Self Sustenance Can maintain herself in a environment that is fatal to most mortals
Strength  She is very strong, even for a woman of her skill.
Energy sensing Able to see and recognize certain auric fields in both the living and the dead.
Speed She is very fast, faster than the average mortal
Bio: Angela’s divine birth stood as an agreement between  her father Odin and her mother, Freija, The Queen of Angels. This not only made Angela divine but, celestial. However she was not born with wings. She was raised as a full Asgardian despite her lineage and would be brought up alongside her brother Thor. It is said when a divine being takes the throne the nine realms maintain a balance while the predecessors ascend to the heavens. Before her time as queen she traveled  the nine realms as angelic bounty hunter and gained much knowledge in the ancient of days.
I pledge to: All those faithful to Asgard!

(Let me know If I need to change something)

NubianLegend

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 09, 2015, 11:54:42 AM
Username: Sirian Eve
Character Name:  Queen Angela, Wingless One, Lady of the Divine, Lady of Balance
Canon Angela/Aldriff Odinsttor
Physical Description: 6’2 , 480 lbs, Eyes so pale blue they appear white with celestial  red markings drawn about the eyes and brow. Long legs, 22’ red hair, peach complexion
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Role: Queen
What does your character desire most?:  To protect the realm. To protect the throne and to protect her bloodline
Personal Philosophy: “Nothing is for Nothing”
Notable Equipment & Weaponry: Pyschic ribbons that move voluntarily of their own will when Angela is in danger. Myriad of weaponry made from ebony vibranium and adamantium.
Skills:
Advanced hand to hand combat
Ability to wield various weapons without much practice
Skilled in many tongues including the most ancient of tongues
Skilled tactician in military and guerilla warfare
Stamina- Angela is able to exert energy for days without tiring in a battle
Flight She can apparently lift and propel herself through the air by wind at subsonic speeds
Durability Though she can be harmed it’s very tough to do so, she is vulnerable to magic.
Self Sustenance Can maintain herself in a environment that is fatal to most mortals
Strength  She is very strong, even for a woman of her skill.
Energy sensing Able to see and recognize certain auric fields in both the living and the dead.
Speed She is very fast, faster than the average mortal
Bio: Angela’s divine birth stood as an agreement between  her father Odin and her mother, Freija, The Queen of Angels. This not only made Angela divine but, celestial. However she was not born with wings. She was raised as a full Asgardian despite her lineage and would be brought up alongside her brother Thor. It is said when a divine being takes the throne the nine realms maintain a balance while the predecessors ascend to the heavens. Before her time as queen she traveled  the nine realms as angelic bounty hunter and gained much knowledge in the ancient of days.
I pledge to: All those faithful to Asgard!

(Let me know If I need to change something)

She's fine

Lithium

Natasha Romanoff

Username: Lithium

Character Name: Natasha Romanoff

Canon

Physical Description:
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair color: Red
Eyes: Green
Physical Build: Fit and buxom

Sexuality: Bisexual

Role: Lady of Winterhold

What does your character desire most?: To keep the lands, the houses and the people that she cares for safe.

Personal Philosophy: The end justifies the means.

Notable Equipment & Weaponry:
-Pair of vibranium swords
-Pair of hand crossbows
-Bracers formed of vials containing various poisons and toxins
-Grappling hook
-Black leather and vibranium armor

Skills:
-Mastery of blades, crossbows and hand to hand combat
-Stealth and infiltration
-Spying
-Alchemy
-Psychological fortitude and manipulation

-Peak physical conditioning
-Slowed aging

Bio: When she was still just a young child, Natasha was abducted right from the courtyard of her father's castle by a pair of Hydra interlopers. Growing up in captivity, she was continuously broken down and indoctrinated for years until she became a young woman, at which point she was little more than a hollow shell - just a puppet that would mindlessly follow her masters' orders. Natasha proved to be their most gifted creation yet, and so they used her relentlessly, dispatching her to bestow swift death upon hundreds of targets scattered throughout all nine kingdoms.

When she did eventually begin to liberate herself from Hydra's influence, it was not an instantaneous process, but rather a very slow and gradual one. Employing the very same arts of deception that they'd taught her, she managed to keep the leaders of House Hydra in the dark while she continued to loosen the control that they held over her. After breaking free and escaping, she went into hiding, living almost like an animal disguised among humans while she struggled to rebuild herself.

When she eventually managed to comprehend the repercussions of her actions, Natasha exiled herself to SHIELD, believing that she had no right to live in the world and that she should spend the rest of her life serving the realm to make up for all of the evil that she'd committed. There she remained for almost two decades even tough she looked like she hadn't aged a day thanks to whatever 'enhancements' Hydra had given her. The Lord of Winterhold, Steve Rogers, often collaborate with SHIELD, which was how the two of them met.

They fell for each other quickly, but convincing Natasha to abandon her position as First Ranger was no easy task for Steve. Even with the rule about Lords having the power to free any agent of SHIELD from their otherwise unbreakable vows, it still took him months to convince her that they should get married, and that she could do even more good as Lady of Winterhold than she could of First Ranger.

I pledge to: The North

Gamora Zen-Whoberi

Username: Lithium

Character Name: Gamora Zen-Whoberi

Canon

Physical Description:
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eyes: Golden
Physical Build: Lithe, lean and fit

Sexuality: Bisexual

Role: Assassin and mercenary for hire

What does your character desire most?: To forge her own destiny and find her purpose

Personal Philosophy: All life is bought through death

-The Godslayer, a two handed sword forged from Asgaridan metal, supposedly having the ability to fatally wound even the most powerful of beings
-Infinity Cloak: a magical cloak which can conceal and contain en entire arsenal of weapons

Skills:
-Mastery of most conventional weapons
-Master acrobat

-Demonic strength, speed, agility and endurance
-Accelerated healing

Bio: Gamora was not born in Marvelos, but rather in one of the mysterious and unknown lands across the Narrow Sea. There, she was part of an ancient civilization that was all but eradicated by a deadly plague said to have been purposely created by some dreadful sorceror. Somehow she was spared from the plague only to be abandoned in the middle of an arid desert, her parents as well as every other member who'd made up the trade caravan that she was on having died slowly all around her. If not for the great Warlord Thanos arriving when he did and saving her, Gamora would certainly not have survived more than a few hours before succumbing to dehydration.

Thanos did more than just save the young girl, he raised her as his own, even going as far as to train her so that she could one day inherit his mantle. He was highly strict and cold most of the time, but they still shared a bond and a certain kind of love. However, nothing was ever the same again after Gamora disobeyed her father's order that she was never to step foot outside of his camp without him by her side. She hadn't even left the camp for more than a few minutes when a group of drunken warriors cornered her.

She fought tooth and nail, but there were too many of them. After doing unspeakable things to her, the soldiers left Gamora clinging to life only by the faintest of treads, which was the state that Thanos found her in. The girl was beyond healing, but he brought her back to his camp and called upon every witch and shaman in his army to prepare a demonic ritual which had been banned for centuries. The ritual was successful not only in restoring Gamora's life, but it reignited the demon's essence within her as well.

She gained new powers, her flesh transformed into an unnatural ashen green, and she was driven mad by the sensation of being constantly torn apart from within. After blacking out for a time, weeks or perhaps even months, Gamora awoke somewhere in the sea near the shores of Dorne, clinging to a piece of flotsam. She felt too exhausted to move, let alone swim for however many miles separated her from land, but at least the excruciating pain seemed to have subsided...

I pledge to: The highest bidder

Deamonbane

Username:Deamonbane

Character Name: Sir Wade Wilson

Canon Deadpool Comics

Physical Description:
Height: 185 cm (About 6 foot even)
Weight: 82 kg (182 lbs)
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Greenish-blue
Physical Build: Lean Muscular/Athletic

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Role:
Knight

What does your character desire most?:
Personal Enjoyment

Personal Philosophy:
"I’ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he’s gonna start a fair fight… If he bothers me, or if there’s a woman… Or if I’m gettin’ paid. Mostly only when I’m gettin’ paid."

Despite being the proud owner of a veritable arsenal of death-dealing devices, Wilson is known for carrying a Han Dao Sword, as well as a Kukri and Karambit on opposite sides of the back of his belt, all made from Crucible Steel. Throwing knives hidden inside his gauntlets are also regular for him, but his weapon of choice is a powerful horn bow, small enough to be fired from horseback, complemented by a quiver of twenty arrows carried on his back, covered by a buckler made from leather, with a bronze boss. He is usually armored lightly, masked while he fights and his clothes and armor are exclusively red and black.

Skills:
Ranged Weapons: Be they Bows, Crossbows, slings, knives, javelins, darts, or even rocks, an impressive hand-eye coordination and distance perception make him the finest ranged warrior in the world.
Melee combat: While less skilled in close quarters than he is at range, he is still a match for the finest in the land, with his exotic taste in weapons and unpredictable fighting style, be it with weapons or his bare hands.
Rider: At ease in the saddle as he would be on his feet, maybe more so, riding and shooting from horseback is something that comes as naturally as sneezing comes to others.
Superhuman good looks: He is a hunk. I mean, look at him. Also he is dynamite in bed.
Killer: As a punster, he has no equal. Irreverence is his middle name (Maybe third or fourth), and no one, man, woman, child, or diety, is safe from his razor-sharp wit.
Ukillable: Kind of in the name. He can be disabled, for a while anyways, cut, shot, shredded or fileted with a nice passion fruit sauce, and he will still get up and keep going.
Athleticism: Stronger than your average Joe, faster and more agile too.
Superhuman good looks: I did this one already, right?

Bio:
Few know just where Master Wilson came from. Fewer still know why he fights, but he has been at the beck and call of House Grey for as long as just about anyone can remember. As a killer for hire that's not really for hire, he has made his name famous, and infamous, on battlefield after battlefield, year after year. At a point, the mask that he wore, half red and half black, became more famous that he was, as it was what all of his enemies saw before they fell to the sound of some bad joke or another. If you were to ask Wilson about his origins, however, he would push the question aside with a snide and humorous comment.

It is suspected that he himself does not remember what he was before he became a living weapon (Albeit a handsome one).

However, origins and sanity aside, he is known to be loyal to the House Grey, a champion fighter, drinker and bedder of beautiful women. Few see beyond that, and few care to.

I pledge to: House Grey
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."