News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, April 12, 2016, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: EloquentWizard on July 04, 2016, 09:49:22 AM
Just sounds epic!

Fair enough!

So, if I were to join in on the story, how would that work?
One language is never enough.
Ett språk er aldri nok
Eine Sprache ist niemals genug.
Une seule langue n'est jamais suffisante.
Jeden język nigdy nie wystarcza.
Unu lingvo neniam sufiĉas
Väddä awësanëgi jazina trernste.

Lady Jenn

I suppose we could stumble across you in the forest, after all there may be others who thought they'd have a go at the quest (plus they're about to meet one of the forest's occupants anyway lol)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Hm, hell that person could simply be a wanderer, and perhaps the others may desire their accompaniment. Strength in numbers and all that.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

they're probably gonna want numbers, safe to say not everyone they meet along the way is gonna be friendly

Gjevv Übryzdā

That works for me then, if everyone participating is cool with my joining, I'll work up a character sheet.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

cool :) waiting for Tangela to post in the story anyway before I can go again lol

tangela

Sure, I'd be glad to have other players! :)
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

might  better to jump in after my next post Gjevv, cos an NPC is about to jump in which'll make it...not impossible to jump in but just add to the complications lol

Lady Jenn

we need to figure out when's best for Gjevv to post, I'm happy for him to post next but it's a case of whether you two react to him suddenly appearing or vice versa lol

tangela

He could have been in the forest, or nearby. This seems like a good point for someone new to jump in.

Do you have a character bio/concept, Gjevv? If you posted it, I may have missed it.
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Gjevv Übryzdā

I have one in the works, the 4th of July kept me from finishing it. I'll have it up soon, hopefully! Sorry!
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

no worries, take as long as you need :)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Name: Cnëbra

Background: A rather tall and lanky 27 year old man, whose parents he can’t remember, or possibly doesn’t want to, Cnëbra has the mark of a foreigner in him from head to toe and tongue.
Having been orphaned as far as he could remember, he spent his youth in the inns and lower levels of Tarnegar. Most nights, what kept him fed and clothed were the few coins he could scrounge from floors and pockets. He also got into trouble, so frequently in fact that if he had a mother, she most assuredly would have disowned him. The plus side was that he could handle himself in a brawl, and surprisingly best without weapons or armor.

Over the years his apparent skill as a pick-pocket and street fighter increased without end. Now, he could practically rip the clothes off someone’s back without their noticing, and then beat them senseless too.
Eventually, however, he grew bored of the city life, and set out to find new realms to explore and take advantage of.

Physical Characteristics: 6 feet tall, a little over 175 pounds in weight. With tan skin, dark grey eyes, and an almond like tint to his hair, he has this mischievous handsomeness to him. He's acquired a few lacerations on his face, but aside from an ugly one down the length of his jaw, he has few blemishes.

Skills: Can handle himself in street fight with ease, and could even stay alive fighting someone with weapons and armor. His pick-pocketing skills are well practiced, albeit with the occasional slip up. He’s also bilingual. (I’ve no idea what languages would exist in this world, so I can’t name the two languages.)

(If anything looks off or unsatisfactory, please let me know! Also, I know metric not, for those who may prefer it)
Ett språk er aldri nok

Gjevv Übryzdā

Also, tomorrow (It's currently 6:42 at night for me) I've no work nor any plans, so I can post pretty much whenever.
Ett språk er aldri nok

EloquentWizard

So, when is Cnëbra gonna join in. Maybe my magic is strong enough to detect him before he sneaks up on us. That way we can coerce him into the party, just an idea.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

So, perhaps he thought that they would make a good picking, and gets caught? How would they coerce him to accompany them further? Promise of payment or forced by them? Either would prove interesting to me.
Ett språk er aldri nok

tangela

I'm not sure how well having 2 reluctant people on board the team would work, given that that's half the team. So, either Shael can become more committed to the venture as a whole,, she and Cnebra can work together on planning an escape until they eventually decide to help, or get coerced into doing so, or we can essentially have 3 different sides. All would be interesting IMO. Also, is it extremely important for me to make the ë for Cnëbra? I honestly write most of my posts in braille, and freely admit to having less than no idea how to make that sign.

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: tangela on July 05, 2016, 10:01:06 PM
I'm not sure how well having 2 reluctant people on board the team would work, given that that's half the team. So, either Shael can become more committed to the venture as a whole,, she and Cnebra can work together on planning an escape until they eventually decide to help, or get coerced into doing so, or we can essentially have 3 different sides. All would be interesting IMO. Also, is it extremely important for me to make the ë for Cnëbra? I honestly write most of my posts in braille, and freely admit to having less than no idea how to make that sign.

You can certainly type it without ë.

I think that it would be interesting if the two thief characters would bond over attempting to escape, but then changing their mind. However, Cnëbra doesn't have to be unwilling, it could go any route.
Ett språk er aldri nok

tangela

EloquentWizard

I agree with Tangela that it will be difficult if half the part isn't committed to the mission.

Maybe, Cnëbra can be attracted the promise of riches after the mission. Quests like this often promises riches using which one can easily lead a luxurious life. Such a promise must irresistible to a guy who practically has no money.

By the way, anyone familiar with the kingkiller chronicles will recognize the binding I used as it is symapthy from the books. Perhaps my magic could bind both of your wills to this mission's goals. It can be like inception. Food for thought. I think that's a pretty interesting idea.

In summary, I have two ideas:
1. Cnëbra can be attracted to the riches
2. Cnëbra and Shael plan to leave the group but I use a highly risky type of binding to bind your wills to the mission. If everyone is interested, I have more ideas along this line.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

I actually think it would be a little odd if everyone were perfectly committed to the mission right away. Given time, Shael will most likely develop a fondness for her companions on the journey, and will end up staying around due to that earned loyalty. I would rather not have any will-binding done on this character at least.

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

I say that warming up to the group and the quest/missions is more interesting than binding of my characters soul. :P
Ett språk er aldri nok

EloquentWizard

Makes sense to me. I was just trying to find cool ways of binding things :P . Just an idea.
The unseen storm

Available for RP