WitchCraft (Unisystem, Extreme)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, September 02, 2011, 11:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 07, 2011, 06:51:32 PM
I am familiar with the Unisystem and I have the core book, but I am not familiar with the setting.  Could I play a mundane and learn the setting as my character does?

What Peace said! Welcome MasterM!

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on September 07, 2011, 06:51:44 PM
thanks so much and I clicked on the link but it was to a forum.. do I need to join..etc.. and I need to find out if it fits my freestyle use of majik in games and rl..XD!!

and Hellion... roflmao  *hugs*

*hugs and tackles MasterChief and his Llama!*

That's just the site, you need to create a free account to access the area to download the rule book.  Or you can sign onto FB as Helion mentioned, and enter that way.

The way magic works in this system is a bit different, since it takes elements from a lot of sources, but there are ritualistic magic portrayed in the setting.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Hellion000

PtPb, I wasn't refering to a GM, though the offer is certainly appreciated. I was refering to another player. Someone to help me craft a mutual hook that would keep me coming back.

WhiteTigerForever

I am afraid I am not into dice rolls and such gaming..sorry..:(  I write with my muse and co authors..:(
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Hellion000 on September 07, 2011, 08:46:35 PM
PtPb, I wasn't refering to a GM, though the offer is certainly appreciated. I was refering to another player. Someone to help me craft a mutual hook that would keep me coming back.

Mm well, you can always talk to me if you like.  What kind of hook were you thinking of?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

My character:

Name: Jeremy Archer
Concept: Lesser Gifted
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dirty blond
Sexuality: Pansexual
Nationality: English
Known Aliases: Shadow

Channeling Magic: 0

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength: 3
Intelligence: 3
Dexterity: 4
Perception: 4
Constitution: 3
Willpower: 3

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points: 34
Endurance Points: 32
Speed: 14
Essence Pool: 20

Qualities                   Point

Gift(Metaphysics)5
Contacts3
Fast Reaction Time2
Good Luck3
Situational Awareness2
Charisma1

Drawbacks                                                          Point

Addiction(Smoking)1-
Honorable2-
Paranoid2-
Secret(Information on people)3-
Adversary(Art theft in the FBI, and the Rosicrucian)2-

Skill                         Level

Street Wise4
Acrobatics (Special)4
Climbing4
Surveillance4
Lock-picking4
Pick-pocket4
Stealth4
Martial Arts (Special)2
Notice3
Traps2
Driving(car)2

Power             Level

Soul Projection5

Character Bio:
Jeremy was born lucky.  His mother had been just another drug addicted whore, dependent on any man who showed her any kind of affection.  His father, had been a random john, a man her mother fucked for a little bit of money to support her habit.  But his the people who spawned him, aren't very important in the long run.  He was lucky enough that his mother raised him until he was old enough to run the streets of London, and than one day she vanished.  She either ran away, or was killed, but it turned out to be a lucky break for him, because the son of a bitch who was sleeping with her, had been staring at him a little too intently recently, and with her gone, he had managed to dodge a bullet, and a lifetime of forced child prostitution.  Understandably mistrustful of the system, the police, and anything resembling the law, Jeremy promptly, and completely disappeared to...into the streets that he knew so well.

Again he was lucky, because although he hadn't started off as the most street savvy of kids, he was a quick learner, able to go long periods without eating, and had a willingness to do anything to survive.  He even managed to find a group of other homeless kids to run with, and he learned the true meaning of safety in numbers.  The six years he lived on the streets taught him many things, from picking pockets, scamming strangers, to how to slip a condom on a John who was unwilling to suit up.  And the streets weren't just a home and teacher for him, it also gave a strange meaning to his life, and forced him to create his own boundaries, rules, even an odd sort of structure.  So even though he was a criminal, he held to a moral high ground, that even upstanding members of society would find hard to follow.

When he was 14, he was incredibly stupid, and when he found a slightly open window, and compared it to his almost painfully empty belly, he took a risk, and added breaking and entering to his long list of felonies.  It seemed a bit too good to be true at first, but even when the window creaked, and slipped inside, nobody came out to catch him in the act.  So he got comfortable, eating what food he could find.  And than he got curious, thinking that such a large and obviously expensive house must hold untold riches, he started upstairs to look around.  It wasn't until he heard a slight click when he tried to open a door, that he realized that he had made a big mistake.  Moving quickly, he managed to dodge a trap, and than another, before he tripped over his feet and took a tumble down the stairs.

When he woke up, he found himself in a strangers bed, almost completely naked, except for his raggedy pair of briefs, and a sheet covering his lower body.  It only took him a moment to realize that there were no other clothes, and that he was quite firmly trapped in a strangers room.  He took comfort in the knowledge that he wasn't in jail, but he wasn't stupid, and knew that he could have possibly landed himself in an altogether more dangerous situation.

Again, the luck that had kept him alive for so long, had kicked in again, and instead of finding himself in the clutches of some child molester, he lucked out, and caught the interest of a rather 'eccentric' multi-millionaire.  The man was older, already had a son around the same age as Jeremy, but he saw something in the boy, and took his own risk by taking a chance on the little raggedy street urchin.  It was the boys natural instincts, the way he anticipated an attack, and his quick mind, mixed in with unbelievable luck, that in the end, made Jeremy an apt pupil.  When he was adopted, Jeremy finally got a taste of a real home, and a real family.  And so he was trained, and in the end took up the mantle of a first classed thief.

He spent decades doing what he loved, and he did love it.  When he started getting older, he decided that he was ready to do something else with his life.  Which, through a twist of fate, led to him contracting with the FBI, in return they'd erase his file from the database, and a comfortable salary.  Art theft, was far from happy about this though, so he held little doubt that they somehow kept a record of him somewhere, in the deepest darkest depths of their file cabinets.  And it was almost ironic, that his work with the FBI lead to him garnering more enemies, than he had throughout his entire criminal career.  Even through all that, he kept to his code, and refused to give out actual names and intimate details of his contacts, instead guiding the various teams he's worked with in the right direction.[/s]
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

Now that I have a idea on what the character sheet looks like I will need help with making my cat

Thufir Hawat

I'm pretty familiar with Classic unisystem, owning not only the core book for Witchcraft. I also play only system games, so that would be easier. In short, I'm interested.

BTW, if anyone needs help system-wise, you can as well turn to me. No, I'm not going to create your characters for you, but I can give you some hints or explain how something works and why. Just don't complain if the explanation is long ;).

Been thinking of a necromancer or Immortal, maybe with a Spirit patron, too. Either way, it would be the kind of guy that has seen Death up close, smiled to her and invited her out for a dance O:)! Sounds like the perfect fit for the "supernatural SWAT team" you're planning. Maybe a bit of minority blood in his veins, too, the rest will be "cold water", represented by higher Willpower.
If a necromancer or Immortal wouldn't be acceptable for a government agency, I might well re-work the above to a similar Seer or Inspired concept.

However, I'd like to know a bit more before creating a character.
-How often would you expect us to post? Sorry if I'm missing this in the thread.
-Just how Extreme can Extreme get? Would the characters be expected to participate in certain activities they would find objectionable? Or would we have the option to decline, possibly facing consequences?
-Characters all have to be Solitaires, basically? Am I getting this right?
-How do we work with the modifiers, which are usually handed by the GM?
-Which books beyond the basic one are allowed, if any? I'm not thinking anything overpowered, just the Tao Chi guys, instead of the necromancer or Immortal.
-Could I get a Spirit patron, as mentioned before, if I pay the price >:)? I have a thing for some spirit entities from less-mainstream religions!
-Which social skill covers persuasion through sex performance ;D?

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on September 07, 2011, 08:51:50 PM
I am afraid I am not into dice rolls and such gaming..sorry..:(  I write with my muse and co authors..:(
Funny, that, because Unisystem actually allows for player-controlled outcomes via the hand of Cards option 8-)!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 07, 2011, 11:07:44 PM
Now that I have a idea on what the character sheet looks like I will need help with making my cat

You can find the actual sheet inside the rule book, at the very end actually, and than under archetypes, you'll find some examples, I believe there's one for Bast to. 

I would have posted the CS up awhile ago, but it's taken me some time to actually understand it.  But now that I do understand it, I'll be posting up the sheet in the third post of this thread, along with info on what you'll need to create a character.  I'll have it up for you in a jiffy, and I'll be here tonight to answer questions as well.  I do suggest working on it with Peace, which is what I had to do.  Because he's so much better at this than I am.

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 07, 2011, 11:13:35 PM
I'm pretty familiar with Classic unisystem, owning not only the core book for Witchcraft. I also play only system games, so that would be easier. In short, I'm interested ;D.

BTW, if anyone needs help system-wise, you can as well turn to me. No, I'm not going to create your characters for you, but I can give you some hints or explain how something works and why. Just don't complain if the explanation is long ;).

Been thinking of a necromancer, maybe with a Spirit patron, too. Either way, it would be the kind of guy that has seen Death up close, smiled to her and invited her out for a dance >:)! Sounds like the perfect fit for the "supernatural SWAT team" you're planning. Maybe a bit of minority blood in his veins, too, the rest will be "cold water", represented by higher Willpower.
If a necromancer wouldn't be acceptable for a government agency, I might well re-work the above to a similar Seer or Inspired concept.

However, I'd like to know a bit more before creating a character.
-How often would you expect us to post? Sorry if I'm missing this in the thread.
-Just how Extreme can Extreme get? Would the characters be expected to participate in certain activities they would find objectionable? Or would we have the option to decline, possibly facing consequences?
-Which books beyond the basic one are allowed, if any? I'm not thinking anything overpowered, just the Tao Chi guys or a new Immortal, instead of the necromancer.
-Could I get a Spirit patron, as mentioned before, if I pay the price ;D?
Funny, that, because Unisystem actually allows for player-controlled outcomes via the hand of Cards option 8-)!

Oh awesome!  I love that you're interested Thufir! /Cracks knuckles in preparation of explaining stuff./

I can't say that a necromancer would or wouldn't be allowed, since that's Peace's call, but I'm pretty sure it would.

These are the answers I'm sure I can answer:

I chose Extreme because I can see a few situations fitting such a rating happening in this game.  But that being said, I doubt anyone would be forced into participating in something they find really objectionable.  As for taking a consequence IC for not participating, that's up to Peace.

Yes, it's been decided that all the players characters need to not have any prior associations before they joined the team.  So they couldn't be part of a Covenant, Rosicrucian, or any other order.  I don't know if that automatically classifies them as being a Solitaire.

Right now, we're only using the main Rule book, but Peace will be getting his hands on the Mystery Codex to use to.

As for the other questions, I'll leave that up to Peace to answer, he should be back on in the morning.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

I guess I will wait for him to have time to work with me ^^

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 07, 2011, 11:44:29 PM

Mhm, I do suggest with working with him on it, but I am looking forward to seeing what you come out with :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

If you all take a peek at the third post in this thread, you'll find a basic CS for this game, and some character info that will help you with your character building.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 07, 2011, 11:37:35 PM
Oh awesome!  I love that you're interested Thufir! /Cracks knuckles in preparation of explaining stuff./

I can't say that a necromancer would or wouldn't be allowed, since that's Peace's call, but I'm pretty sure it would.

These are the answers I'm sure I can answer:

I chose Extreme because I can see a few situations fitting such a rating happening in this game.  But that being said, I doubt anyone would be forced into participating in something they find really objectionable.  As for taking a consequence IC for not participating, that's up to Peace.

Yes, it's been decided that all the players characters need to not have any prior associations before they joined the team.  So they couldn't be part of a Covenant, Rosicrucian, or any other order.  I don't know if that automatically classifies them as being a Solitaire.

Right now, we're only using the main Rule book, but Peace will be getting his hands on the Mystery Codex to use to.

As for the other questions, I'll leave that up to Peace to answer, he should be back on in the morning.
I'm fine with any situations happening, and IC consequences are fine in my book. I'm just not planning to play one of my more deranged characters who would participate in this willingly.

According to the book, if you're not in an order or Covenant, you're a Solitaire. That's just the catch-all term. Fine with me, I like Solitaires.

A word of warning, Immortals and Spirit Patrons are in the Abomination codex. The Mystery Codex has vampires and other undead, as well as some short info on Feral shapeshifters, which is again greatly expanded in the Abomination codex.

Quote from: Miyu on September 07, 2011, 11:44:29 PM
Or you could look up at your YIM ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 12:41:09 AM
I'm fine with any situations happening, and IC consequences are fine in my book. I'm just not planning to play one of my more deranged characters who would participate in this willingly.

According to the book, if you're not in an order or Covenant, you're a Solitaire. That's just the catch-all term. Fine with me, I like Solitaires.

A word of warning, Immortals and Spirit Patrons are in the Abomination codex. The Mystery Codex has vampires and other undead, as well as some short info on Feral shapeshifters, which is again greatly expanded in the Abomination codex.
Or you could look up at your YIM ;).

Lol, awww deranged is fun sometimes ;)

Mmmm, well we'll have to see than.  Peace might be able to get his hands on the book, but I don't know about that just yet.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

It is, but I'm not in the mood to play one right now. Been playing quite a few of them lately, now I want a change.

If I get in the mood for it, the mission structure would allow me to introduce one ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 12:54:06 AM
It is, but I'm not in the mood to play one right now. Been playing quite a few of them lately, now I want a change.

If I get in the mood for it, the mission structure would allow me to introduce one ;).

Mhm, I can understand that!  I know you said you have the core book, but have you ever played a game using this system before?  Was it fun?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShamshielDF

I know that Peace has a copy of the Mystery Codex, which is the book that I've been using to build up my vampire...she should be fun.  I don't know about the other book, the Abomination Codex.

I'm currently working on bashing together her sheet/background.  It should hopefully be up for looking over tomorrow some time.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 08, 2011, 01:16:45 AM
I know that Peace has a copy of the Mystery Codex, which is the book that I've been using to build up my vampire...she should be fun.  I don't know about the other book, the Abomination Codex.

I'm currently working on bashing together her sheet/background.  It should hopefully be up for looking over tomorrow some time.

I can't wait to see it, and the other's of course!  I felt so slow when making up mine lol.  It took me an hour to figure out how to even start.  And than I pestered poor Peace with my constant questions and rewrites to the CS.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 07, 2011, 06:51:32 PM
I am familiar with the Unisystem and I have the core book, but I am not familiar with the setting.  Could I play a mundane and learn the setting as my character does?
BTW, you don't need a mundane to do that. A Lesser Gifted with 0 in Knowledge: Occult is going to be learning the setting as he goes ;). You can even have "Knowledge: specific religion or occult tradition", which you and me might have IRL, and at least parts of it will be wrong.
So, I recommend a Lesser Gifted, as the mundanes are highly unlikely to learn to channel their energy, ever.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 01:03:42 AM
Mhm, I can understand that!  I know you said you have the core book, but have you ever played a game using this system before?  Was it fun?

Still playing in a campaign using the system, although the GM has changed the setting to fit her ideas. It is lots of fun, although the system itself is there just to help resolving some high-tension moments!

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 01:29:30 AM
I can't wait to see it, and the other's of course!  I felt so slow when making up mine lol.  It took me an hour to figure out how to even start.  And than I pestered poor Peace with my constant questions and rewrites to the CS.
Don't worry, it's not meant to be the simplest system in the world ;D!

I'll add a couple to my previous questions, BTW.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 01:44:05 AM
Still playing in a campaign using the system, although the GM has changed the setting to fit her ideas. It is lots of fun, although the system itself is there just to help resolving some high-tension moments!
Don't worry, it's not meant to be the simplest system in the world ;D!

I'll add a couple to my previous questions, BTW.

Hahaha, I do have this to say about it though.  When I did finally finish it....I felt mega accomplished, like I had climbed mount Everest or something similar, lol.

Also, my character will probably shamelessly flirt with everyone.  But not to worry!  It'll only be to unsettle the other characters lol, I wouldn't have him really make somone uncomfortable.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 01:53:52 AM
Hahaha, I do have this to say about it though.  When I did finally finish it....I felt mega accomplished, like I had climbed mount Everest or something similar, lol.

Also, my character will probably shamelessly flirt with everyone.  But not to worry!  It'll only be to unsettle the other characters lol, I wouldn't have him really make somone uncomfortable.
Congratulations ;D!

Also, I'm not worried. Given the levels in Beauty I'm planning, I kinda doubt it would be the first unwanted attention my character gets ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 02:06:09 AM
Congratulations ;D!

Also, I'm not worried. Given the levels in Beauty I'm planning, I kinda doubt it would be the first unwanted attention my character gets ;).

*Curtsies*  Thank you, that 'Congratulations' was well earned!

Ooooh, will it have seduction and charisma to?  Mnomnomnom, if your character is too pretty, you might have to have it shake Archer off with a stick :)

I joke I joke ;) 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 02:11:27 AM
*Curtsies*  Thank you, that 'Congratulations' was well earned!

Ooooh, will it have seduction and charisma to?  Mnomnomnom, if your character is too pretty, you might have to have it shake Archer off with a stick :)

I joke I joke ;)
I'll have him take stickfighting, and you just provided me with all the justification I might need ;D! And no, I'm not even joking, was planning on that since the first post.

BTW, this exchange would be a lot faster over YIM or the like ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 02:24:59 AM
I'll have him take stickfighting, and you just provided me with all the justification I might need ;D! And no, I'm not even joking, was planning on that since the first post.

BTW, this exchange would be a lot faster over YIM or the like ;).

Hahaha, it'll be fun to see them spar, although I have to admit that Archer is terrible with weapons; if it's not a taser, or perhaps a nifty canister of mace, than you can pretty much bet on him attacking with his body.  <--I mean that in a non deviant way of course;)

And hmmm, I might pop onto my messenger lol.  I'll PM you my screen name.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 07, 2011, 11:13:35 PM

-Which books beyond the basic one are allowed, if any? I'm not thinking anything overpowered, just the Tao Chi guys, instead of the necromancer or Immortal.
-Could I get a Spirit patron, as mentioned before, if I pay the price >:)? I have a thing for some spirit entities from less-mainstream religions!
-Which social skill covers persuasion through sex performance ;D?

Yes, necromancers are perfectly acceptable. ;)

I'm not sure of the posting frequency yet, but I won't leave anyone behind if the game is quick, and I won't drop anyone if its slow.

As Dis said, there are situations that can come up, including just the level of violence they may encounter on missions. I'm not going to make anyone's character participate in anything, though IC consequences for refusing to do something may always exist, as with any action, or lack thereof. If I want something to happen, I won't just spring it on anyone's character though, I'll always ask if its something extreme.

Yes, the characters will be solitaires. The team will have been put together by the FBI specifically to avoid anyone on it having prior loyalties, to avoid conflicting interests. It won't guarantee there won't be, but at the start, the characters will be solitaires.

For this, I'll apply the modifiers, and the players can just give the basic roll, attribute plus a d10, or skill plus a d10, or attribute plus skill, and a d10.

All the books are allowed, as I now have them all.

Yes, you can get a spirit patron.

Seduction. XD

I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 08, 2011, 10:31:06 AM
Yes, necromancers are perfectly acceptable. ;)

I'm not sure of the posting frequency yet, but I won't leave anyone behind if the game is quick, and I won't drop anyone if its slow.

As Dis said, there are situations that can come up, including just the level of violence they may encounter on missions. I'm not going to make anyone's character participate in anything, though IC consequences for refusing to do something may always exist, as with any action, or lack thereof. If I want something to happen, I won't just spring it on anyone's character though, I'll always ask if its something extreme.

Yes, the characters will be solitaires. The team will have been put together by the FBI specifically to avoid anyone on it having prior loyalties, to avoid conflicting interests. It won't guarantee there won't be, but at the start, the characters will be solitaires.

For this, I'll apply the modifiers, and the players can just give the basic roll, attribute plus a d10, or skill plus a d10, or attribute plus skill, and a d10.

All the books are allowed, as I now have them all.

Yes, you can get a spirit patron.

Seduction. XD
All of this is fine with me. Just to make sure, if all the books are open, I might get an Immortal instead? Probably going to go for someone with Old Soul whether immortal or necromancer, I like that quality ;).

Also, do you approve of the concept of "a guy maybe too familiar with things that scare normal people" ;)?

I guess answering my questions means I'm in. If so, expect a character sheet within 36 hours, hope that's not too long ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!