The rebirth of the Amazons (Pathfinder Kingdom Building) 5 players

Started by Soveliss, January 29, 2017, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieSariel

Looks right to me.  We should probably start synergizing the party and committing, though, so I'll go first off the wishy-washy train.  :D

Sign me up for Witch - Court Magister.

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Soveliss

Okay, I'm back, and I'm pleased to see things are going along nicely.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Chulanowa

I will start work on mine tomorrow. I'm unable to think at this moment  :P

Flying Tengu

I've played around with some ideas, but I keep coming back to Paladin.

With that in mind, I was thinking I could be a slightly more defensively oriented Paladin with Oath of Loyalty, so I can protect our ruler as she goes around kicking ass and taking names.  Or various squishy party members.  But really, getting our ruler killed (or captured and ravished) would be embarrassing, so we should try to avoid it.

Then, for kingdom role, if General is taken, she could be Warden, which would be appropriate for her bodyguard role.  Or Councilor, if one reads the Oath of Loyalty as going in both directions: loyal to the ruler, loyal to the people, accountable to both.

Chulanowa

If Magister is claimed, I'll likely be aiming at High Priest or Grand Diplomat.

Also? We're going through some sort of facility to find something "tasty." Tell me and tell me true, Soveliss: is the cake a lie?

CharlieSariel

Questions for Soveliss:

How do you want our character sheets when we get them done?  In-thread or by PM?  Is there a specific format you want to have us use?  Are pictures mandatory, and do they need to be live pictures or animated are acceptable?

Look forward to getting this one on the road, I do!  :)

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Snake

I'm changing mine up to a Ranger; which I think would be more suited to the role.  I"m already done, I just need to put her up on mythweavers.

Soveliss

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 04, 2017, 02:33:50 AM
If Magister is claimed, I'll likely be aiming at High Priest or Grand Diplomat.

Also? We're going through some sort of facility to find something "tasty." Tell me and tell me true, Soveliss: is the cake a lie?

Well, the facility was supposed to contain something that the perverted wizard lord of the realm ordered, but no one quite knows what it was... It was important enough for massive secrecy, and it's only by cross-referencing whatever orders were left with the entrance's discovery that it was concluded that there was something important in... Knowing who ordered it, it's either something very useful, something very perverted, or something both very useful *and* very perverted. The only way to be sure is to get there. Which would be a travel time of around 5 days, and same for the return.

As for character sheet, you can send them by PM if you don't want others to look at them, use character sheets that could easily be edited, pictures would be nice, but not mandatory, and manga/anime style picture are acceptable (and since drawings can be much more unrealistic than photos, usually I find the most interesting stuff in drawings. But YMMV.).
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Snake

I forgot my notes. I'll have them tomorrow, promise.

Otherwise I'm ready to go with it.

Flying Tengu

I haven't done much work on mine yet, sorry.  I can whip up a sheet pretty fast, though, and I've been thinking about the character.

Snake

I know how that goes. I tend to make like 2-3 chars for these types of RP then choose from them.

Soveliss

Following a question by someone, I think it may be useful to clarify:

You can expect to lose if you fuck up your strategy or if the dice hate you (random crits do happen). Enemies will play as smart as their abilities allow (those with no Int score will just make a beeline for the closest one of you, those with low Int and no ranks in Profession:Soldier can't be expected to be all that bright, those with a decent int and/or ranks in Profession:Soldier ca be expected to put up some decent teamwork, and those with high Int can be expected to at least try to identify and target your weakness).

Also, think Corruptions of Champions. Messing up civvies who didn't try anything against you or were under Mind Affecting spells is bad form. Messing up someone who was actively trying to harm others (that includes you or civvies) can be risky as it may allow them to escape or retaliate, but is allowed.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Chulanowa

Going to be a bit on getting things together. Snowstorm took out my power. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it by tonight.

Snake

Here's mine. Just need a good pic to go with it.

Would this work Soveliss?

Soveliss

Looks good. Someone's expecting human enemies I see... And that someone would not be wrong. Humans as a favored enemy will get plenty of mileage. Then again, it will be effective against common targets, but most of the hardest targets could be outsiders... :P

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Chulanowa

Leaning hard on High Priest role. What sort of deities are we looking at? Standard Pathfinder gods / goddesses? Are there any that are particularly common (or uncommon, the idea of advocating a minority faith is kind of interesting)

Soveliss

Well, I guess we could go with a version of the normal Pathfinder Pantheon that was forced to go underground... In this setting the good gods took a beating in terms of their followers but are still there. So advocating for a good god is already a rarity, those mostly worshiped by civilians are neutral, and those worshiped by those in power tend to be neutral or evil ones.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

shmone else

Hey everyone! Had a RL emergency come up that I'm just getting through now. Kind of annoyed that the prospective sheet I'd made on myth-weavers got eaten, along with... a lot of other things, but I'll get it back up and ready soon. Expect more in this spot shortly.  :P

E: Went in a completely different direction and ended up making a sorcerer. Sheet isn't complete yet, but going to go with this picture:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Need to stop waffling over names which is a bad habit of mine, too... going to work on her more after I get some more sleep.
E2: Argh, or a summoner? Character indecision is the worst.

Flying Tengu

Well, that'll work even better for my protecting Paladin!

I'll see about getting that written up pretty soon, myself.

Soveliss

Also, it would be nice to have a nice BG sent through PM (or public if you want others to see it), that goes for everyone. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up through PMs.

Take care!

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Flying Tengu

Started on my sheet.  Haven't done Pathfinder in a while, so I'm not quite as fast at it as I was in my youth.

For background, I was thinking that my character's family could be powerful nobility, perhaps second only to the crown.  Tradition dictates that the second-born daughter swear herself personally to the royal family; specifically, the heir in the appropriate generation.  For my character, that would be the current ruler, of course.  They would have been partially raised together, perhaps separating in their teens due to the very different nature of their training, rejoining again at age of majority.

This would add some potentially interesting NPCs, as well as create interesting stuff between my character and the Ruler.  My character's aunt would have been tied to the former ruler.  My character's mother and older sister could still be involved in the running of the kingdom.  Or perhaps they are loyalists to the old ruler?  Could go a couple directions.

shmone else

I think I'm going to drop out of this game - sorry folks, I've spent some time trying to get my background together and it just wasn't happening, and I didn't want to leave everyone hanging or potentially waiting for me.  :-(

Captain America

Is this still an open game, or did you fill your player quota?
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.