X-Men: American Civil War [CLOSED]

Started by Totoro, January 15, 2017, 05:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

I mean, I actually could just delete the 'first' bit. But I'll let you have this one, son.

Pumpkin Seeds

Totoro

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 19, 2017, 05:35:31 AM
Sun....I'm not calling you Daddy. 

Just saying.

On an unrelated note to this sentence I've thought of a new game rule.

:p

But seriously my main characters are going to be Charles and Magneto. Not planning to turn either of them into a stud.

Totoro

Just updated a few of the rules about character sheets and made some universe clarifications. Anyone who applied before the changes they're not passive aggressively directed at you, I just needed to make some things clearer. Key things to take away are:

-Only X-Men characters can be mentioned in background. If someone mentioned Iron Man then I have to explain why Iron Man isn't here. And the reason he isn't is because he doesn't exist, so that would get convoluted.

-Please read through what I ask for on the character sheet before filling it out. This means things like:

At least one to two paragraphs on their personality. Any character should be formed enough to have more than a few brief lines to what makes them who they are. It helps me know what kind of people we have in the team and who we might need, and to plan for events deciding who'd take sides and have what opinion.

At least two to three paragraphs of backstory. I imagine everyone here could write dozens of pages on their own life, and none of us have lived the life of a superhuman in a world on the bring of a civil war with their kind being rounded up and tagged with a violent unpredictable man waging war on the government. Point is there should be enough to fill this out even if you skim their early life and go to what's happened to them during recent events.

Again, this isn't meant as a directed thing but just a clarification and expansion on some rules to make sure things run smoothly. Hopefully everyone can understand and is okay with these rules.

Pumpkin Seeds

I want to say to this point there is only mention of Mastermind and the X-Men as a whole in my background.  I'll let you review and edit as you like.  Mastermind is only mentioned because it is in Psylocke's actual cannon and seemed to fit nicely in what I kept of her background.

vatovie

Dibs on Darwin. What with him being my favorite hero and all.

Also possible OC teacher with very very fast healing factor that he can lend to others on contact or provide the reverse as well. Either way, the speed at which it happens depends on how much he gives away from himself. So he can heal or kill someone very quickly but he needs skin to skin contact and it leaves him easily attack. But he's a doctor so he has this whole oath that makes him mostly help people.

Totoro

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 19, 2017, 06:04:12 AM
I want to say to this point there is only mention of Mastermind and the X-Men as a whole in my background.  I'll let you review and edit as you like.  Mastermind is only mentioned because it is in Psylocke's actual cannon and seemed to fit nicely in what I kept of her background.

Mastermind is an X-Men character, so that's not a problem at all. Using X-Men in background is no issue at all.

Thanks for checking though.

Quote from: vatovie on January 19, 2017, 06:12:37 AM
Dibs on Darwin. What with him being my favorite hero and all.

Also possible OC teacher with very very fast healing factor that he can lend to others on contact or provide the reverse as well. Either way, the speed at which it happens depends on how much he gives away from himself. So he can heal or kill someone very quickly but he needs skin to skin contact and it leaves him easily attack. But he's a doctor so he has this whole oath that makes him mostly help people.

I'll reserve Darwin for you, you can have him as older and a teacher or younger and a student, really up to you. Healing sounds fine on the OC and the touch thing is reasonable too. Leaves weaknesses/downsides to it and especially with the doctor oath he's not going to go on a big rampage. :p

Glad to see you here.

vatovie

Glad you think he's not too powerful. I like to keep my guys either super fast and slightly crazy or indestructible with deep emotional conflict. Hence the darwin and the healing guy.

Totoro

Quote from: vatovie on January 19, 2017, 06:29:22 AM
Glad you think he's not too powerful. I like to keep my guys either super fast and slightly crazy or indestructible with deep emotional conflict. Hence the darwin and the healing guy.

I mean honestly considering two of the most dangerous (In combat) villains are the Juggernaut and Magneto and they've both got gear to protect them from Charles there's no way he's pushing overpowered. He couldn't possibly reach Magneto without being flung around wrapped in a lamp post or something. And the Juggernaut is not a guy you can really afford to touch. :p

And I think actually tough people were what we were lacking. Now we've got Logan, X-23, Darwin and your OC we've got the healing and resilience pretty covered. That's a tough group.

Pumpkin Seeds

Totoro

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 19, 2017, 06:35:21 AM
Hey!  Don't forget me.  I'm getting there..slowly.

I was reeling off the 'tough' people! Psylocke is a lot of stuff, but not a 'tank'.

We've got a whole bunch of stuff reserved past those four.

Pumpkin Seeds

She's...like..the sexy tank that you don't want to scratch her paint job.  :: strikes a pose::

Pumpkin Seeds

When he decides to show up...we're in a gun fight and the slutty one shows up then we're just in trouble!

Totoro

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 19, 2017, 06:51:47 AM
Hey! What about John?! :P He's tough! :o

Legion doesn't get to be in lists. One way or another they'd make 'em all.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 19, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
She's...like..the sexy tank that you don't want to scratch her paint job.  :: strikes a pose::

You're welcome to try that move on the Juggernaut at some point. We'll see what happens.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 19, 2017, 06:55:24 AM
When he decides to show up...we're in a gun fight and the slutty one shows up then we're just in trouble!

And that depends who you're in a gun fight with.

vatovie

Hey, are you okay with me using the comic book Darwin pic as the main pic? I kinda like the inhuman look and it's not recreated anywhere else.

Pumpkin Seeds

Juggernaut is a bull not allowed anywhere near this China shop.

And you are talking to the body swapped former assassin...not really first date conversation material.

Totoro

Quote from: vatovie on January 19, 2017, 07:08:40 AM
Hey, are you okay with me using the comic book Darwin pic as the main pic? I kinda like the inhuman look and it's not recreated anywhere else.

Yeah definitely, that's fine.
Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 19, 2017, 07:10:42 AM
Well, until that "Slutty One" lets out a clap and alters the sound to make it a sonic boom that stops all the bullets ;)

And hey! You'd be slutty too if you had LITERALLY 0% chance of a normal, healthy relationship in your life, EVER. :P :P Make do with what you're given and all that :P

To do that she'd have to predict them. It's pretty hard to react to a gunshot. Also not sure a sonic boom would actually even stop a bullet. At least not one that didn't also perforate the eardrums of everyone friend and foe.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 19, 2017, 07:16:38 AM
Juggernaut is a bull not allowed anywhere near this China shop.

And you are talking to the body swapped former assassin...not really first date conversation material.

Juggernaut's the bull that levels the building the China shop's in.

vatovie

Darwin

The Basics
Full Name: Armando Muñoz
Age: 25 (Kinda forever, number goes up but his body won't age much past this. )
Nationality: American

Physical Description
Hair Colour: None
Eye Colour: White
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 225lbs
Face Claim:
Physical Features: He looks exactly as inhuman as the faceclaim most of the time unless somethign acts upon him to make him change in some way.

General Appearance: They will usually wear the adaptive suit made for them under just about everything they wear as they have zero control over when their powers might destroy any other clothing. Usually, jeans a T-shirt and a hoodie are worn over that. 

Who they are

Personality: Armando generally just wants to help people. At this point in his life, he knows that he has nothing to fear in regards to himself but pain and that only lasts a second. His only real fear is not being able to save people or help those he cares about. His powers and body work to keep him alive not others and it can lead him to become deeply depressed if he tries and fails to help others. He had even tried suicide in the past when people he cared about died but it never works thanks to his powers. When not depressed he is almost overly cheery and looking to make help others laugh and enjoy life. He hates most government agencies thanks to what happened to him. He disagrees with the brotherhood fully as he dislikes the idea of just about anyone killing anyone. He'd rather thing be solved without any death.

Biography: Armando had a nice normal life with his single mother trying to raise him as best she could up until he turned five. That's when things got strange and even harder for him. It started with a pot of boiling water falling on him and while it did hurt it left no marks. His mother quickly realized he shouldn't have lived let alone got through it unharmed and bragged about her miracle child to her friends. He was the talk of the town. Right up until the government agents came.

They seemed nice, they offered to take Armando somewhere to peacefully figure out what he could do and in return, he would get a free education from the state. His mom didn't want to say yes but with Armando looking less and less human as the days went by after his accident she was having a harder time finding reasons to keep raising him when he could have a better life. Or so they both thought.

There wasn't an education at the end of the tests. There wasn't even ever an end to the tests. They started mostly harmless and peaceful seeing what things could hurt him. How his body reacted to water. What a light hit would do afterward. It wasn't long before they did much worse. Seeing what a knife would do, what Lava would do, Acid, electricity, guns, extreme pressure, The list went on and on for years as Darwin simply suffered. Unable to escape and unable to die no matter what they did to him. He was in hell from ages five to 20. Right up until they started to try and replicate what he could do.

It didn't work at all at first. The test subjects had nothing happen to them at all. It took them time to get it right but that was an overstatement. All if it ever amounted to was a one-time permanent use fo his powers. They would grow gills they couldn't get rid off. Become made of stone and unable to move. Things that might be useful but were hard to replicate. The project was scrapped and the testing was mostly halted as they tried to decide what to do with Armando. Security got lax and Armando was abe to get out of his cell. It only took once chance for him to escape so he could go and finally see the outside world he had barely ever lived in.

He wandered for a year or so before he heard of Xavier's school. At first, he thought it was just like the fake school of his childhood that lead him to be a lab rat but the more he listened the more he wanted to go there. After the years of testing, he barely looked human and it was only a matter of time before people had a problem with how he looked. So he went to find this school and finally learn something. Finally get some sort fo education. Finally get to know and help people.

Superpowers & Equipment

Class: Beta to possible Alpha if certain traits are caused. (Like fighting anything slightly magical.)

Adaptive body: His body and mind will adapt to survive in any situation at all. Nothing can actually kill him yet any attack geared towards capturing him rather than killing him tends to work without issue unless you caused other adaptations first. Adaptations stay active until they aren't useful anymore so gills are gone once he's put of water. He can also learn things like languages or scientific information when needed to help him survive but it is gone once he is done with the knowledge he needed to help him live. He has zero control over his powers other than convincing himself something is vital to survival which sometimes works.

Adaptive suit: A suit made for him that will adapt to his ever-changing body and remain intact and it works as a basic armor like most x men suits. It's mostly worn to make sure he doesn't randomly become nude at school.

Flaws or Weaknesses

No control: He can not control his powers usually unless they are very minor changes or through prior experience of how he reacts to things.

Reactive power: His power is entirely reactionary and as a result, if forces do not act upon him in any way or do not act upon him in a way to hurt or kill him he is basically human. In any fight, you can ignore him and he will be near worthless. Or restrain him without harming him and put him out of commission.

Depression: He is prone to being deeply depressed and doubting if his life has purpose or meaning. This usual happens when he doesn't stop others from getting hurt or when his mind gets rid of things he learned in class that he wanted to actually learn not just be given by his powers.

Pumpkin Seeds

I will have none of this logic you speak of!

I can see the China jokes are going to be a thing for awhile.

Totoro

@Vatovie

Initially the only thing I can think to question on that character sheet is what he thinks about Magneto and the Brotherhood. And whether he thinks Charles is doing the right thing or should be more 'aggressive' about what he's doing. If you could just add his thoughts on those things to his personality.

And I'd say with the lack of control you can just leave his class at Beta. Not that, in my opinion, class matters much. His potential is high but he's not going to do anything like Charles or Magneto can, in terms of destructive capacity.

Also Pumpkin and Vergil. Stop saying China. You're giving me Donald Trump PTSD.

Totoro

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 19, 2017, 07:35:41 AM
Donald Trump is my safeword, by the way.

To be fair if anyone said his name to me in bed things would cool off pretty quickly. That's a fast way to turn anyone off. Or hopefully anyone.

vatovie

Changed it up. He doesn't like solving things with killing so he doesn't much like the brotherhood.

Totoro

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 19, 2017, 07:40:11 AM
Bahaha, that was actually the joke made amongst me and my friends that led to me using it. I think the exact phrase was "The last thing you want anywhere near a sexual setting is Donald Trump." XD

There's someone out there. I've seen enough of the internet to know he's someone's fantasy.

Quote from: vatovie on January 19, 2017, 07:47:58 AM
Changed it up. He doesn't like solving things with killing so he doesn't much like the brotherhood.

Thanks for that. I didn't think he'd be a big fan of them, anyone that would be would probably be with them instead. And it's pretty against his characteristics.

Totoro

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 19, 2017, 08:05:59 AM
....I'm going to google it. And then i will link you the inevitable Clinton / Trump Fanfic that I find. :P

Yay.

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O