Avengers, The Next Generation Recruitment Thread

Started by BlackStone, March 21, 2016, 04:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

There is enough interest in the game for me to go forward.  Game links are below.  Will update as more are created

Game Threads
Character Bio's
Out of Character Communication

The game would be set in 2102, about fifty years after the end of the Sentinel War, a war that decimated the United States and near all of their major cities.  Even five decades later, North America is still picking up the pieces.  In the shadows of what once was New York City and New Jersey, the city of New Haven is born, the new capital of North American Union.  Everyone thought that the horrors of the Sentinel War were over, but rumors have been coming from the ruins of New York, of enhanced beings that believe that right makes right and that the North American Union is ripe for the taking.  SHIELD, a shadow of what it once was, cannot handle the new threat, and the last thing that anyone wants is a reactivation of the Sentinels.  It is a time of chaos, it is a time of uncertainty.

It is a time once more for Heroes.

So looking for a group of people that through the course of the story would reform the Avengers.  Due to the setting, any hero in the marvel comic and movie continuity would be dead by the Sentinels.  Looking for a fresh and original take.  I am fine with someone that is a descendant of old heroes taking up their name in honor of them.  For example the descendant of woman that once was saved by the original Daredevil when Mysterio killed her mother in his last scheme before he took his life.  The story had been passed down from mother to daughter.  Now the woman, named Karen after her grandmother, has realized the increase in crime and civil unrest.  The government is doing nothing for survivors that still live in the ruins of New York, so Karen decided to do as Daredevil once did and take the law and justice in her own hands.  Putting together her own combat armor and training for years, Karen dons the armor now and goes out into the night, bringing the legend of Daredevil to life once again.

Something along those lines are what I am looking for.  So tossing this at the wall, seeing if it sticks and if there is any interest.  Looking forward to hearing from people.

Gilren

I'd certainly play. Working up a concept.
There is a hero inside all of us. All it takes to bring it out is potentially disfiguring chemicals or a horrible accident.

Praxis

Temperature check for character concept...

Daniel Strange - Grandson to sorcerer supreme; Stephen Strange.

Daniel missed out on the "sorcery" gene however; despite efforts to be educated on such by his father; Adam Strange.  Being a "Strange" comes with a good deal of legacy and pressure however.  Feeling powerless and useless because...well...magic is hard to do.  Using his grandfather's books and his rudimentary understanding of sorcery; Danny broke into his grandfather's sanctum and quickly stole of all things; a brief case covered with runes.

Inside the brief case; Danny found the cloak, boots and twin pistols of the villain known as The Hood.

Danny now uses these to be what he believes to be is a real hero.  He is learning how to use the abilities granted to him by the cloak and boots; as well as managing to stay one step ahead of Dormammu's minions who want the items returned.  He manages this by "brute forcing" some of the spells and rituals used by his father and grandfather.

Of course I need to flesh it out a good deal more and get your approval.

Gilren

When the war first started, a secret laboratory went dark. Evacuated and left abandoned, the experiments inside were forgotten. When the vault door was finally breached, more than 75 years later, something skill lurked inside...

Before the Sentinel War. Enter, the life Foundation. Having finally gotten their way, inside of their secret vault lie the prizes they so sought.
Venom.
Carnage.
Scream.
Lasher.
Phage.
Agony.
Riot.
Scorn.
Mania.
Each in their own little cage, sans host. Large tubes of ever flowing symbiotes. Alone. Angry. Caged.
And then, the war. An emergency evacuation, the experiments left behind. Time passed, and the power finally died. With a crash of plastics and metal the symbiotes were free. But alone, no hosts. They grew weak, they grew afraid. Finally, they merged with the only thing available.
Each other.
Years passed. Bonds deepened, strengthened, barriers forgotten, a merging of personalities into a single entity. An entity that wanted to be free.
Then a sound. A scratching, a whirring, a drilling, and the vault door caved inward. Light beckoned, and the symbiote escaped. It flowed through the tunnels, up and out, leaving behind the shattered wreckage of the old laboratory.
Upstairs, a boy. Bloody, damaged, standing tall against several other boys more than his size, protecting a young girl.
AN INNOCENT!
The symbiote flowed up as the boy fell, knocked to the side.
A touch, a shiver, a feeling...no longer alone...

"What do you say now, Mikey?"
And a boy rose from the shadows, turning, the black covering him completely save for the two large patches of white that served as eyes, and a maw of teeth opened as a long tongue flickered out.
"Call us...Venom..."

There is a hero inside all of us. All it takes to bring it out is potentially disfiguring chemicals or a horrible accident.

indarkestknight

Damn. Gilren beat me to the punch on a Venom character.

To the drawing board!

Kadigan

Interested if I can think of an interesting concept, perhaps someone from one of the hidden cities, like K'un-Lun or one of the other 7.

Lothoris

Will this be a freeform or system game?  Also putting my hat in for a shapshifter like beastboy.

BlackStone

I am going to go with whatever gets me the more players.   If players want this to be a system game, I can accommodate that in a way that would be easy for everyone.  If players only want free form, I can do that as well, and willing too do so, as long as the power gaming and god modding can be kept to zero.

Gilren

We don't mind either way, as long as we get to eat someone.

ShadowFox89

I'd be up for a system game, depends on what system.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

indarkestknight

Prefer freeform, honestly, though if you end up decided to run a system game it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Kadigan

BlackStone

Lothoris

Working on a female version based on beast biy but instead of animals it will be norse mythos creatures.  Also plan on playing her as a light hearted goof.

Empyrean

Interesting idea. Off the top of my head, a descendant of Thor comes to mind. He was always my favorite Avenger. If that doesn't work I'll find something else.

Lothoris

Was thinking Loki charmed silf via magic. Got most of the idea down just need to flesh it out more.  I work most of tomarrow but can have what i got to you during lunch.

BlackStone

Okay thread now changed from interest check to recruitment thread.   Also edited the first post to include the game threads created so far.  Posting them here as well since most go to the bottom of threads first than to the top.

Game Threads
Character Bio's
Out of Character Communication

Looking forward to your submissions.

Lothoris

Chimera
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Chimera
Sexual orientation: Prefers the feminine form be it women, shemales or traps.

Appearance: By default she has pale blue skin with mid back length black hair intricately braided hair tied with silver ribbons. Her eyes are solid black.

Personality:  She often speaks what is on her mind, and is carefree and trys to make her friends joke and have a good time.

Powers:
Mixed heritage: Astrid is part asgardian, dark elf, and ice giant granting her several perks. Enhanced toughness and endurance, low light and dark vision, as well as an enhanced lifespan estimate of several thousand years.

Shapeshifting: Astrid and her belongings magically shape shift into a norse mythos creature.

Magical training:  Astrid has beginner level knowledge of elemental and fey magic. Strongest in ice magic, weak in fire magic.

Skills: wilderness survival, hand to hand and shapeshifting combat, high school education.

Defects:
Obviously non human
Inept magic: only beginner spells
Social stigma of being Loki’s daughter
Horror forms: most of her transformations will invoke a primitive fear of her in those around her when not use to her and her monster forms.

History: ( To be expanded later)
Daughter of Loki and Sif after he had kidnapped her using a charm spell.  After giving birth to Astrid Loki erased Sif’s memory of their time together and that she had given birth.  Loki then took her to Norway and  left her in the care of two humans whom he had charmed to watch over her.
At the age of thirteen her shapeshifting powers began to manifest themselves by altering her appearance from normal human to her current default of ice elf as well as her first transformation of as ice beast.
She spent the rest of her teen years practicing her shape changing powers in private while being shunned at school for being a mutant.  When she finished high school she enrolled in one of the local colleges, but never showed up due to her true father came to her and revealed who he is and that he was her father.  He then took her to a secluded sanctuary in Asgard where he started training her in the ability to cast spells.  After several years she gained  the mastery of her beginner spells. Loki then found a weakness in the Asgardian defenses and decided to take his daughter/apprentice with him to assault the castle to once again try and kill Odin.  After fighting their way past the guards they were stopped by the elite guard led by Silf herself.  After a fierce battle Silf managed to wound Astrid.  Hoping to distract and emotionally wound Silf, Loki revield that she was Astrid's mother.  This however sent Silf into a denial rage where she thrashed Loki and caused him to flee leaving Astrid behind.

After being healed and spending time with her birth mother she learned of the true nature of her father and his feud with his brother Thor.  Deciding to take up her uncle's mantle she left for Midgard once more.

BlackStone

Approved Lothoris feel free to post up your character in the character bio thread

ShadowOfTheDay

Posting my interest!  Not quite sure yet how free I'll be to join, but hopefully I'll be able to!

Lothoris

Forgot my computer today, so after work ill scoot my sheet over to the character page.

Caradoc

Potentially interested, although I've had bad luck with group games. I will ponder
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

BlackStone

I would like to start this game no later than the end of next week.  I understand that this is Easter weekend and people will be busy.   So if folks can get me concepts by Weds next week, be appreciated.

Chaeronea

Do characters have to be based on or homages to canon Avengers characters? Or can they be brand new OCs?

BlackStone