News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 30, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

If you can't find way to resist/become immune. You can always just avoid those nasty characters that try to bend your mind by having bigger initiative/good hide check and going away :D Or better yet, ask some other friendly creature to help you out with that bully (fun times to be had here).

By the way we do use the psy/magic transparency right? Including things like use magic/psionic device and possibly psycraft/spellcraft?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Zaer, second question.  The book Dragon Magic - Hand of the Winged Masters PrC - mystical or martial?

Kunoichi

Quote from: Sain on December 06, 2014, 07:40:53 PM
If you can't find way to resist/become immune. You can always just avoid those nasty characters that try to bend your mind by having bigger initiative/good hide check and going away :D Or better yet, ask some other friendly creature to help you out with that bully (fun times to be had here).

Oh, I'm not planning on being a bully.  It's just that if we all have to fight alongside one another, I'd rather not risk sending my allies cowering in fear at the sight of me. :P

Then again, maybe Zaer will allow people who hang around her long enough to develop an immunity to her various auras?  That would certainly be useful be handy...

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

indarkestknight

If you're talking about the half-nymph's awesome beauty, I don't think it'll be a problem for any of us.

None of us - I think? - are humanoids.

Kunoichi

I also get a fear aura from Dread Necromancer, though I suppose that at a mere 5 ft, it will be rather easy to avoid.

Alright, never mind, then. ^^; Looks like I didn't read my own abilities closely enough.  False alarm, my bad.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: indarkestknight on December 06, 2014, 08:35:45 PM
If you're talking about the half-nymph's awesome beauty, I don't think it'll be a problem for any of us.

None of us - I think? - are humanoids.

Er, Humanoid (shapeshifter) here. The good news is, I'll have a strength of 53 while in hybrid form. And have Pounce, so when I charge.....

Would Psychic Warrior count for mystic half?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Ranger and Paladin both count, so I'd say that Psychic Warrior definitely counts as a mystic class.  And it sounds like a pretty solid choice, too.

indarkestknight

Dread necromancer's fear aura explicitly says enemies have to make the save. Allies won't.

Kunoichi

Like I said, I haven't actually read my abilities too closely yet. ><; I haven't started putting together a character sheet yet, since the GM still isn't fully confirmed, so I haven't had the need to look at all my abilities and see how they all fit together yet.

ReijiTabibito

Just as a note, there's no way you can play a normal race, right?  It has to be something like a dragon or angel or devil or something like that?

indarkestknight

Hypothetically you could play a paragon human or elf or dwarf.

Kunoichi

The basic concept of the game is to be a badass, legendary monster.  You could probably be some sort of legendary hero, rather than a villain, but I'm guessing there's a reason why the third path of the gestalt has to be devoted to racial hit dice and level adjustments.

Having trouble coming up with a suitably crazy creature combination?

ReijiTabibito

Well, part of me wants the extra feat a human character gets!  Yes, I know we're doing the 'feat @ every odd level' rule of Pathfinder, which means ten feats instead of seven, but still...though creature suggestions are welcome.  I was thinking a silver dragon, but...

Kunoichi

Oh, you can still use human as your base race. ^^ You just also get two templates to work with.  One inherited, one acquired.

ReijiTabibito

So...human base, with two templates attached, one being Paragon and another that we pick?  Or am I not following?

indarkestknight

Don't forget that the paragon template in and of itself grants two bonus feats and qualifies you to take epic feats. (The example paragon mind flayer has several epic feats.)

Kunoichi

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on December 06, 2014, 09:50:33 PM
So...human base, with two templates attached, one being Paragon and another that we pick?  Or am I not following?

Paragon Creature is something everyone gets as a free bonus template.  The two templates you pick are in addition to that.

ReijiTabibito

Okay, so...base race, plus Paragon template, plus two racial templates?  Is there some resource I can tap to find that?

Kunoichi

The Paragon Creature template is in the SRD, under the Epic rules.  If you're looking for a resource for templates, on the other hand...  I've been working off of RealmsHelps and a pdf listing from a website that got taken down years ago, myself. ^^;

ReijiTabibito

Any suggestions for good creatures?  I have the Paragon link already, but...I am at a bit of a loss.

indarkestknight

Silver dragon is an option, though as mentioned upthread, you'd be a wee tot of a baby dragon.

What sort of character would you be interested in?

ReijiTabibito

What do you mean by 'sort of character'?  Can you clarify?

indarkestknight

Well, I mean what kind of characters you find fun to play in terms of capabilities or concepts. What might make for a 'good' creature to one player might not make a 'good' creature to another.