Kushiel saga interest check

Started by Arion, April 27, 2010, 07:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arion

Hey everyone, I haven't seen this done yet and thought I'd see what the interest level would be for a series set in the Kushiel's Dart universe;  it seems like a natural setting for a site like this, and I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about it yet.

If anyone's interested, please post here so we can get a head-count.  Thanks all.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

HairyHeretic

It's come up as an idea at least a couple of times, but never seemed to develop into a proper story. I'd say you should get the interest though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

DeviantMunster

Hmm! Sounds interesting... though I can't help but wonder where you'll be going with this? A majority of the books involves a good deal of subterfuge, politics, and violence! Will these be involved? Some?

Arion

As it would be a group rp, the level of politics, subterfuge, and violence would depend on the individuals, though I'd think we'll see plenty of all of them.  Looking to preferably set it after the Imriel books, but before the new timeline.

There's so many characters that could appear; nobles, adepts of the night court, tsingani wanderers,  alban immigrants, the list just keeps going.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

RampantDesires

Holy hell yes! *fairly jitters with excitement*

It's a huge thing to take on as a GM, you have both my pity and appreciation for proposing this Arion.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

angeli

I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me I could write a bad romance

ONs & OFFs
Apologies & Absences [09.25.2014]