(Proposal) Chaos and Lust on Wars World

Started by MissFire, June 21, 2014, 08:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Chaos and Lust on Wars World

Wars (series)
The Wars series, also known as Famicom Wars (ファミコンウォーズ Famikon Wōzu) in Japan, Advance Wars in the West, and occasionally Nintendo Wars as a whole, is a series of military turn-based strategy video games, usually developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. The series debuted in Japan on August 12, 1988. Like another Intelligent Systems series, Fire Emblem, earlier installments of the series were released only in Japan; Advance Wars (2001) was the first to reach the North American and European markets.

Proposal: I just had a silly idea based on the picture to the left and wanted to see if it would take. 'Wars World' is the planet on which the Advance Wars games take place. What I'm suggesting is that we come up with our own 'Wars World', a place where warfare is as common as sand on the beach. We design the world, we create the CO's and their motivations and goals, then we turn them loose in a sandbox-style game where sex and combat occur frequently. You can be a hero, a villain, or something in between. Since this is E, I could see sex being a big part of 'diplomacy', or just occurring between officers as sexual tension builds. I would like to see the stories shaped by the players and any conflict resolved with creativity, discussion, or a quick roll of the die. I'd like to see an odd number of players (to force people to make some tough choices and possibly create uneven sides!) composed of people that like to post frequently and don't mind a healthy mix of action, smut, and perhaps a little silliness. I'll keep updating this topic as we decide on things and (hopefully) interest is gathered. Any takers? Any questions?

+Update 6/22: Added a profile for the character(s) I will be playing should this take off. It's just a placeholder for now, and I'm willing to field ideas on what to add or take away. Still hashing out the details on this game!
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Faeli

Interested, although I've never played Advance Wars

Savant of the Wastes

I've played a lot of Advance Wars, and I think this sounds really fun. The idea seems like it could create a lot of really fun situations.

MissFire

Quote from: Faeli on June 21, 2014, 08:31:08 PM
Interested, although I've never played Advance Wars

No need. Check out the Wikipedia page if you'd like. Think of it as a light-hearted take on war. It's a turn-based strategy series; you capture buildings and bases to produce units, win by capturing the opponent HQ or destroying all of their units. Each country in the game has several Commanding Officers (CO's) which have different specialities. For example, one is great with long range units like artillery, but sucks with tanks and the like. Another has the opposite strength; great with tanks, his long range units suffer a range penalty. The story and characters are goofy and light-hearted.

I'd like to E it up a bit, develop our own countries, our own planet of war, our own CO's. You don't even have to be a CO! You could, of course, work under another player. We could start with some kind of annual peace summit, to bring everyone together, establish relationships, perhaps create some conflict and rivalry.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Blue Steel Army

Territory: Cobalt Islands
Army Strengths:Excellent Navy, Excellent communications
Army Weaknesses: Poor Air Force, Average ground forces
Specialized Units: [TBD]

CO:Commander Freya Wolfhardt rules the seas around the Cobalt Islands from aboard her ship, The Iron Wolf. With the aid of her two comms officers, Ilsa Becks [L]and Angela Calling [R] (known by their nicknames as Beck & Call) she keeps the waters around her home safe from any invading force. She is well known in Cobalt as a shrewd tactician and harsh disciplinarian. She expects nothing less than the best out of her troops and drive them hard. She is not without compassion, however, and is renowned for having memorized the name and birthday of just about every soldier under her command. Freya takes any loss personally and if her army suffers a defeat, she will be sure to strike back with twice as much fury. Her good looks have earned her no small amount of fans, both men and women alike.
    - Sima Yi

Faeli

Scarlett Monai
Territory:  Mercenary
Strengths:  Excellent Infantry, Good Ground Forces
Weaknesses:  Poor Air Force, Poor Navy, Poor Communication

Scarlett is something of a legend amongst the world's military commanders.  Equal parts genius and sadist, the woman likes nothing better than outmaneuvering her opponent and dismantling their forces.  She is well known to mix both business and pleasure and has frequently hired herself out to a force for the sole compensation of getting custody of a specific commander in the event of their capture.  Those she captures have never been killed, although rarely find their captivity something they enjoy speaking of... the woman seems to delight in humiliating and punishing those in her care, and it isn't unheard of for Scarlett's presence on the opposite side of a battlefield to greatly fuel the desire for negotiation.

In peacetime, the woman is something of a mixed blessing.  While she attends nearly every wargame or conference she can and nearly always picks out a pet from amongst the other commanders, goading them into competitions with embarrassing wagers on the outcome.  If refused, she simply withdraws her troops from the contest, forcing the commanders to choose between the best training for their troops and their own personal modesty and pride. 

For all her sadistic mockery, Scarlett has grown an impressive number of enemies, and it is nearly guaranteed that her own medicine gets fed to her anytime she finds herself on the losing end of a battle, but the very desire to see her shamed also ultimately guarantees her life, and so it is simply a matter of time before she returns to her old tricks once again.

GabrielM

Not finding a picture I like yet so ill keep looking but this is what I am thinking for now, I will probably edit heavily because it is so late right now. Tell me what you all think.

Territory: Wishar (small mountain country)
Army Strengths: Excellent Air Force
Army Weaknesses: Average in training and limited in number ground forces
Specialized Units: [TBD]

CO: Commander Richard 'Dick' Hartman is a legendary pilot who helped turn the country of Wishar from a tiny nothing of a country into a feared and respected tiny country. Wishar over the years had been controlled by many of its neighboring countries unable to effectively protect itself but once Dick convinced its leaders that a country as small as Wishar could easily be guarded from the air it has stabilized for the last five years. Dick is just what you would expect out of a stick jockey though, he will do anything to be in the air flying even convincing the new leaders that he and his Blade Squadron could be a source of income and bargaining power. Dick is used to being passed around to the highest bidder to fly for their side and he is ok with that. He spends his down time in quaint little bars keeping mostly to himself because even the best pilot doesn't live forever and Dick tries not to get to close with any one for fear that he will lose them. All that fly under him know that he would gladly sacrifice himself with no hesitation for them and so he is respected and admired.

MissFire

Great so far! Any suggestions from anyone out there? Things we should add?
    - Sima Yi