Halfs And Wholes [byShia&National Acrobat, idea by Shia,with summary, COMPLETED]

Started by Shia, February 24, 2010, 09:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shia

"Damn it! I've missed you so much!.. It was so, so terrible, Rich!..." She sniffled and leaned her temple against his chest. "And now.. now I think I'm gonna sob.. which is not romantic at all.. And I've also spoiled your pasta bolognese!.. So sorry..." Imma laughed and cried at the same time, wrapping her arms around his waist.
Which started as an attempt to solace a friend ended up like the turning point of their relation, blooming it gently into a relationship.
"I've left out oregano from it 'cause I know you don't like that..." Imma cradled themselves slowly, to the rythm of their hearts, starting to beat together.

National Acrobat

'I know it was for me to darling, for me too' he said, his hand resting on her head as she leaned up against him. 'It's alright. We can sob together' he said, trying to bring a bit of humor into the moment. He was elated. He felt so wonderful now, like he was riding a natural high.

'Don't worry about the food. We can always cook some more. It's the thought that counts, and besides, it has been a very, very good evening for me. Nothing else matters as much' he said to her.

Shia

CONFERENCE ROOM - SURGICAL UNIT

"I've already called a pediatrist. I agree, we can't decide in this case without the opinion of one." The slim and dainty figure of the young woman turned back to Richardson and the few other team member now with a satisfied smile, dozens of CT scans and other test results waiting on the wall for a solution.
Doctor Aelina Sparks, guest of the surgical unit was definitely one who enjoyed attention but it suited her well, showing her pretty features only more adorable, framed by a well chosen frisure of curly black hair that made her smooth pale skin look even more pale with those thick cherry lips. No wonder male colleagues liked to spend time in her presence - her company was just as special as her knowledge.
She could be only a few years older than Cody and the two immediately got along well, perfectly, as she was the same open minded and casual personality as our hero, she just burried it deep when it was about work - another proof of her professionalism.

A few minutes later she entered, her long embroidered brown skirt sweeping the side of the door gently as she walked in -still supported by that crutch as her fall hardly hit her left hip and she was still facing balance problems-, the nice necklace above a matching colour top drew the attention from her seeing device, softening the whole effect of her new reality, but even pretty like this, her shiny brown hair in a ponytail, her wrinkle wearing a mineral bracelet under her cape - she was obviously not good enough for some people there. Clearing their throats or just peeking into their papers again they turned away their looks from her figure, while Aelina almost pierced her, treasuring the chance to see a human-cyborg so 'functioning.'

With a shy smile Imma greeted everybody in the elegantly designed room, speaking a little slowlier when it was to Cody.
"Doctor Richardson" She said with a talkative little half-smile only they understood.
In the last few days, since that misfortunate cooking attempt and the happiest moments of their lives they didn't have much time for romanticism. The daily dose they could get was sleeping together for a couple of hours in one or the other's quarters then slipping out carefully, not to tell the whole ship about their slowly forming intimacy, not to give rumours a good starting kick right in the beginning, when both of them were filled with insecurities and more than complex feelings, sweet but heavy ones.

National Acrobat

'Well we have the best pediatric doctor on the way' Cody said, and his voice was quite cheery when he spoke those words. Even though they had both been extremely busy over the past few days, they had been great days as far as he was concerned. All the doubts he had harbored after his very bad day earlier in the week, had disappeared. He was grateful for that.

He was sure Dr. Sparks was a lovely person, but all thoughts about anything else disappeared when Imma arrived. 'Doctor Simmons, so good to see you' he said, winking to her, quickly.

'I am so glad you are here. We have a situation that only you can seem to solve, or at least, point us towards' he said.

Shia

Once she stayed alone together with the kid, a five year old girl with serious heart problems, and with her parents, Aelina walked beside Cody who was watching the scene through the large window of the little patient's room. Standing self-confidently on her high heels their heads were at the very same level now.
"Seems you two have a sort of.....bond...?" Finally she let the short word leave her lips with a slightly teasing tone.
Imme gave her Rich a warm smile when she caught his gaze between two moves...

National Acrobat

'Yes, you could say that' he said to Aelina. 'Imma and I have been very good friends for a long time' he said to her. 'In fact, we are pretty inseparable at times' he said, and there was definitely affection in his voice as he talked about Imma. 'She is a fantastic physician, and a great person' he added, giving Imma a very warm smile herself as he watched her. He motioned for Imma to come over to where he was.

Shia

But as the examination wasn't finished yet she could only offer him another teasing smile and a touch through the window as she encircled the table to get something from the shelves.
Aelina folded her arms in front of her chest and leaned against the wall, still facing the scene, how Simmons was chatting with the child, caressing her head then pressing the tip of the kid's nose, laughing together with patient and family, easing their stress like a fairy in a white cape.
"I've heard about the prototype she uses to move around, to continue her life..." The guest had her neutral remark. "What a pity that until now every attempt to create the perfect cyborg failed..."
There was a strange taste in her words, the flavour of the unfinished, something that was held back for Cody's sake, as it felt...

National Acrobat

Cody was watching in amazement as Imma's bedside manner transcended her body's look, how the child and her family were receiving her, not treating her like some sort of creature. He looked around the room to the others, hoping that they could see what the child and her family saw, a woman, a person. Not a machine.

Cody kept a neutral expression upon his face while Aelina talked. He wasn't sure she had his best interests in mind, but didn't comment.

'That's find, Doctor' he said to her. 'I have access to the same sort of files and information, and should I decide to take a look, I will, but for now, that sort of thing has not crossed my mind, because she is my friend, and I do not wish to worry about things I might have no control over' he said. Live life a day at a time, take the good as it comes. That was how they needed to live anyway.

Shia

"Well..." Aelina grabbed the chart and was about to leave. "You're maybe right but... I'm telling this because you and Doctor Simmons are "pretty inseparable at times".. None of the patients' body could tolerate the implants for more than two years. That was the maximum before a serious auto-immune reaction began and they...... became seriously limited again.. Doctor Richardson..." The end of the sentence was quiet, very quiet.
Then their newly appeared demon nodded and walked away like a dark angel who just fulfilled her mission...

Imma left the room with a cheerful expression on her face, planting a light kiss on his lips now that there were only the two of them in the corridor.
"So? What did she want?"
A beautiful young woman in love, that was what she was, nothing more, nothing less.

National Acrobat

'Yes, well, even if that's the case, so be it' he said, trying not to get angry at her. What exactly were her motives, anyway? 'There's always a chance it could be different, and even if not, two years is two years more than I thought we'd ever have' he said to her simply.

When she left, and Imma came over, he smiled as she kissed him. 'She was asking about your progress, noting how wonderful the child and her parents seemed to be as you spoke to them' he said to her, which was mostly the truth. 'She also noticed your radiant smile today' he added. He thought that Aelina was jealous.

'I think there is a movie on tap for tonight, and chinese food, if you're interested' he said, smiling.

Shia

Two years, two years... More than half of the first was already gone and they've just confessed to each other... But truth was Sparks' bitter remarks had nothing to do with their perfect evening and possibly night after that.
"Aren't you affraid they will think I am the monster and escape the cinema?" Imma chuckled as she wrapped her arms around his waist carefree and happy, being cradled in his embrace while their gazes entwined.
...Though what he stated about Aelina's comments felt hardly believable to her ears and heart...

National Acrobat

'I doubt it' he said to her, pulling her closer for another kiss since they were alone for the moment.

'She also inquired about your hip, since your fall isn't hidden knowledge from anyone. She was inquiring as to whether it seemed to have done any permanent damage that couldn't be fixed' he said to her. 'She was about to go into lengthy discussions about implants, but I wasn't in the mood to hear of it' he said, and that really was the truth, in a roundabout sort of way.

'I told her that was business between you and I, and your doctor' he said, smiling to her.

Shia

A little piece was suddenly broken off of Imma's happiness but she tried not to show it much.
"Really?" She began to caress Cody's shoulders. "Don't worry, just a week or so and I'll throw away this damned stick, you'll see." And there was a wink in her voice.
Three hours later they were walking slowly hand in hand and -no crutch- towards the cinema through the wonderful artificial park that was formed almost perfectly like one on planet Earth. Between rows of old school lamps couples could go romantic pretending it was just an evening of lazyness and pleasures, even bract was crunching under their steps and birds singing hidden in bushes and atop of trees, butterflies sleeping, waiting for the artificial dawn to come while fine Irish live music was playing through the night.
She no longer wearing the cape, only a semi-transparent Middle-Eastern style scarf covering her bare arms above the top, making her beauty rather exotic than weird. Beside him she could be herself again, no matter how many people was staring at her.
For her there was only Cody.

National Acrobat

'I don't care about the stick' he said to her, reassuring her.

He was very happy during the walk. It was amazing how they could make such places appear in space aboard a huge ship. It was like bringing large pieces of home with you. He had loved her outfit, and to any onlookers, they appeared to be a normal, happy and loving couple, which in Cody's eyes, they were. He positively beamed as they walked together.

Shia

However, when they finally settled in the comfortable seats, waiting for the movie to begin, some laughing-crying classic, suddenly it came down to them:
this was their first real date.
Imma cleared her throat a bit as she read through the short description of the program before lights went off, while other couples cuddled up close to each other, many sharing kisses, others just holding hands - she burried herself into the long row of actors' names, squeezing the paper nervously. This teenage girl style only making her more adorable.
"Oh, that's interesting, I've never known it was actually him playing the role of the count..." - she muttered, adjusting her necklace, swallowing hard then.

National Acrobat

Cody was nervous, probably for the same reason she was. He'd not been on a date in a very long time, work had simply not allowed it, but more than that, he was afraid of making a bad impression on her.

So he did as she did, reading the program, and watching the screen intently. He had goosebumps on his arms from being nervous. However, she looked so beautiful in her outfit, that he couldn't resist putting his arm around her.

Shia

Imma got so surprised that with a gasp the small sheet of paper slowly fell on the floor, like a lonely autumn leaf, dancing to the right then to the left and so on until it touched the ground...
"I..." That was all she could say, before planting a nervous little kiss on Cody's lips. "I'm happy." She finished the sentence then and by the fifth minute of the movie her head was resting against her love's shoulder just like any other young women's all around.
And when the catharctic peek of the story came, the heros struggling in the depths of their emotions... her palm slowly slid above his heart, grabbing his shirt, only a bit, she hardly dared to take a breath!...

National Acrobat

'I'm sorry' he said when she dropped the paper. He hadn't mean to startle her.

He felt the nervousness in her kiss, and smiled to reassure her. They were like any other couple, and soon, they were snuggled up next to each other, enjoying the movie and the warmth that they brought each other. The movie, to him, was fascinating. It made him look at things in a different light. When she clutched his shirt above his heart, he placed his hand on hers, and smiled.

'Imma, my sweet Imma' he said quietly, the love in his eyes shining bright.

Shia

This time her kiss wasn't nervous at all. It was passionate. It was deep. It was the most her lips could ever promise as their fingers entwined - her neutral ones with his warm ones, future with past, bitter with sweet.
"I love you..." Imma whispered again, like so many times in the past few days, like she was affraid she looses him, like she was scared that this magic might be broken.
The movie was almost end and telling the truth she hardly focused on it anymore, the remaining parts of her living body demanded something completely else...

National Acrobat

'Mmm' he said, mumbling into the kiss. 'That was very nice' he said to her, smiling as they broke the first kiss. 'Wow' he added, his breath a bit faster. 'I love you too Imma, my sweet Imma' he said to her. He had forgotten about the rest of the movie as well.

Shia

Once they reached "home" from the Chinese restaurant, to Imma's quarters this time, there was a strange vibration in the air, those gentle little sparks transforming into something else since the last time they arrived back here, arms folded.

After a drink and a little chit-chat on the sofa they actually found themselves somewhere else. In the bedroom to be exact...

- CUT :) - 

National Acrobat

It had been several glorious days between the two of them. They had re-connected on so many levels, and both were in very high spirits. They were practically inseparable, and spent every waking moment together, and every sleeping moment together as well. Cody was in heaven, life had never been so good. He was happy, finally and truly happy.

That was, until Imma happened upon him reading a letter as he was coming to meet her for lunch. The scowl on his face was quite noticeable, even from across the room.

Shia

Yes, it was too nice to be other than a pink cloud of illusions, too beautiful to be real, too wonderful to last long... With a trembling heart she still tried to keep optimism, because that could be a letter from his parents as well, right? Or from an old friend...? Perhaps an issue that had nothing to do with them. It must be!...
Imma pushed the dessert he liked so much closer to his hand.
"Maybe this will help. Whatever it is." She smiled, waiting for the light kiss, the way only he could greet her.
But truth was her sixth sense, that was perfectly unharmed, already told her: it'll hurt, it'll hurt much.

National Acrobat

'Hi beloved' he said, leaning over to place a kiss upon her cheek, then one upon her lips, as he sat next to her. 'Mmm' he said, taking the offered treat. 'This letter has interupted my solace. It seems that there has been an accident in the Tugachi Sector, and all available surgeons are needed. I was nominated of course by the Chief here, and have to ship out within twelve hours' he said to her. The look on his face was one of anger, and sadness. 'I will be gone for a few weeks' he said, sighing, taking her hand.

Shia

"For weeks??..." Imma frowned sadly and it was like he still saw that scared and upset look on her face, despite of the constant pale blue glow of her seeing device.
"But..." She was almost unable to speak, her fingers closing around his hand desperately. "that sector of the galaxy is one of.. one of the most dangerous places!.. I.. I could talk to Doc, right!"
For her their chief was also a beloved a relative, a trusted friend, the main supporter of their relationship.
"Perhaps I could ask him to cancel your mission...?"
The reality that was waiting for Cody was unpredictable from the cozy dining hall of this giant ship which was like a grey galactic whale drifting across the Universe, always neutral and perfectly peaceful, at least from the outside.