Windows RT, Windows 8 or Android

Started by Pumpkin Seeds, September 27, 2013, 11:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

Hey, I'm still trying to decide on a good tablet.  Mostly I'm looking between the Windows Surface RT, the HP Spitx2 and the Samsung 10.1.  Just can't decide.  Mostly I'm looking to take notes for school, read my books (RP included so I need a good screen size) and be able to use chat programs on the go.  Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

Raziel

Either a full Windows 8 tablet or an Android but not a Windows RT it is terrible. So much so that Asus, Lenovo, Samsung and Dell, all of who supported RT when it launched have abandoned it now. Currently Microsoft are the only ones supporting it. RT is a tablet built version Windows 8 but it's limited in what it can do and can only run specific programs, which is why the others abandoned it. And with Microsoft being the only ones to support it your options of what you can run on it are also limited.

You would be better off going with either a full Windows 8 tablet or an Android like the Google Nexus 2 for example.

Vekseid

I'm not sure what Balmer was smoking when he approved Windows RT, but I want some of it.

Pumpkin Seeds

So Windows RT is a no.  :: marks that one off::

Tharic

Not sure what your balance between reading books vs note taking is, but Amazon's new Kindle Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 are due out mid October.

Strictly from a book reading perspective, I love my Kindle Fire. The battery's not phenomenal compared to a normal kindle, but I can fire up yahoo IM on it or KIK whenever I want.