Alice [Dark Fantasy - Recruitment Thread - Accepting]

Started by Dark Deception, November 03, 2011, 12:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

Alice
A very unbirthday…

Warning: This RP may possess literary nonsense and some crazy players.

Ever since her family died in a fire, the poor girl has never been the same since. Even when she was brought to me at the Rainbow Orphanage, I knew that there was something strange about her. She never played with the other kids. She always played by herself in the garden, having tea parties with herself and that stuffed rabbit. It wasn’t until she was a teenager that I started to worry. She hadn’t changed.

The other children began bullying her. I tried to stop them whenever I could, but she wouldn’t stop talking about Wonderland or whatever her imagination called it. One of the boys had managed to tear a hole in the leg of her rabbit, and with a pair of garden sheers she stabbed a hole into the boy’s leg. I haven’t a clue where she managed to get them. I hadn’t seen them on her the whole time but that was it. It was time to see Dr. Ludwig.

It was a lengthy process that required patience, but her madness seemed to worsen the older she became. I tried to get Alice to remember the night of the fire, but instead, she would burst into tears and tell me it was her fault. She would then leave my office and go out on the town, freeing herself from her stress at the Sultry Siren. Many men, sailors and gentlemen took advantage of her crazed condition. I saw her once knelt over a banker’s lap. When I’d confront her about it on our next meeting, she didn’t remember a thing. It was as though her mind had erased itself, and probably for the good.

It wasn’t until a holy man came to me curious of her condition. He had seen her wandering the streets and heard of her reputation as Loon Liddell. I was shocked when he told me that he loved her. What man could love such a broken woman? Reverend Alexander Shaw could. He believed that Alice was possessed by demons of lust, but that’s as little a religious man would know of the complexities of the human mind. Regardless, he did give me an idea.

I decided to change my curing methods. Why try to make Alice see the truth when she could easily learn to forget? I would hypnotize her as Shaw spilled his cleansing prayers over her. With saddening and distressed tears, Alice forgot the fire and her Wonderland. I had transformed her into an entirely new person. No longer was she Alice. She was now…

She became Shaw’s beloved and he whisked her away to his cottage on the outskirts of London. She was a Christian woman now and as delicate as a flower. I had done the impossible. Now, to practice these methods on the rest of those maniacs at the Eastridge Asylum.

Introduction

Welcome to Alice, my new role play inspired by American McGee’s Alice and Alice: Madness Returns. To summarize, they were video games crafted from the dark and twisted mind of American McGee. So pretty much take Alice in Wonderland and macabre, and put it together. What do you get? A dark fantasy, yay~!

This RP is situated in Victorian London, which is the 19th century around the time of the Industrial Revolution. The main character of this story is “Alice.” Whoever plays Alice will be switching settings on an occasional basis from reality to Wonderland as she follows the White Rabbit to rabbit holes.

This game will have dark themes as well as sexual themes of course. The cast for this game isn’t going to be large so if you’re interested, please reserve any of the characters that spark your interest below.

Wonderland Setting & Plot

Wonderland is no longer what Alice imagined. The once sunny, motley, and whimsical world has become dark, frightening, and dirty. Alice is no longer a little girl. She’s a grown woman and Wonderland has grown with her.

Wonderland, however, is facing a serious dilemma. The Red Queen is enslaving her people and ripping out their hearts to be used in the creation of her vicious card guards. Not only that, Alice has lost her memory, and without it, bits and pieces of Wonderland have been forgotten. She has forgotten her friends and will need to discover memory cues in The Reality to restore their existence to Wonderland. The more she recovers her memory, the better chance she’ll have at saving Wonderland, uncovering the truth about the fire, and saving what’s left of her sanity.

Alice

The player who decides to play Alice will be taking on an immense role. She is the heart and soul of this game. The player who decides to take on this role must be creative, flexible, and able to play the character he or she makes for Alice effectively. I will not allow just anyone to take on this role. Only someone who is active, shows dedication, and a decent level of writing will get this part. Believe me; I will be glancing over your posts in other Rps. Also, because at the beginning of the game Alice has forgotten her name, make a new name for her until she remembers she's Alice Liddell.

The Rabbit Hole: The Beginning

The game will begin at the Reverend Alexander Shaw’s cottage on the outskirts of London. There is a wedding being planned for the new Alice. She is dressed and ready to walk down the aisle when a white rabbit in the garden catches her eye. Her mind is suddenly assaulted with an aching realization that that bunny is awfully familiar. She doesn’t understand why, but she has this urge to follow the creature. Alice thus follows the white rabbit until she tumbles down the magical rabbit hole into Wonderland.

She will land in a town that mimics London but is dingy and grimmer. The town is known as Backwater and the white rabbit is no longer the furry, four-legged hopper she had seen in her reality. It is now quite the vixen, a good friend of hers who tells her her name is Alice and once again introduces her to Wonderland. The white rabbit will be helping Alice regain bits and pieces of her memory, but most of the baddies will have them hidden from her, sealed away in bottles.

The white rabbit and Alice must be careful for if anyone discovers that Alice has returned to Wonderland, then there will be much peril. Alice will discover that the Red Queen already wants her head for a bounty of 1 million gold pieces.

Character List

This is a general list of characters players can claim. Not all the characters from Lewis Carroll’s novel are listed here, I’m not planning to have too many people in this game such is why you may not see many playable roles. A small group is easier to manage than a large one.

Heroes

AliceNo longer a little girl, Alice has grown and Wonderland has grown with her. She was just about to be wed to Reverend Alexander Shaw when she chased the white rabbit down another rabbit hole. Alice doesn’t quite remember her old, crazy self. The baffled babe is gradually recovering her memory as she sheds her pure and holy ways. In Wonderland, she is a fearsome warrior as well as a seductress. She often has multiple partners, but what does she care? This is her paradise after all. [Playable]

The White RabbitOne of Alice’s good friends and partners in crime. The White Rabbit has been leading Alice to Wonderland for years. If one saw how voluptuous she was, you wouldn’t blame Alice for following. She is resourceful and intelligent. She knows Backwater like the back of her hand and usually the latest news floating around. The White Rabbit is a little impatient so when she wants it, she wants it now. [Playable]

Cheshire Cat(This role can be male or female) The Cheshire Cat is rather mysterious. The cat is elusive and clever. When it comes to devising a plan on how to defeat an enemy, the Cheshire Cat is the cat to rely on. The cat knows how to solve most problems Alice could ever come across. [Taken]

The Mad HatterThe Mad Hatter is…well…mad, but to a point. He isn’t afraid to take on a dangerous mission or foe. He more than likely doesn’t weigh the odds. No one knows exactly what’s on his mind other than tea, parties, and women. With his magic hat, he can store several items Alice will find including weapons. It can hold an infinite amount of objects perhaps that’s where he lost his marbles? [Playable]

March HareThe March Hare is friends with the Hatter and the Dormouse. In fact, they’re an inseparable posse. They all enjoy the same thing: tea, parties, and women. The March Hare tends to have a lot of energy and can be a little wild. That energy is what makes him an excellent battle buddy alongside Alice. Do not get the March Hare started for he might not be able to stop. [Playable]

DormouseThe Dormouse is a friend of the Hatter and the March Hare. Often time, he can be seen nodding off or zoning out. He is narcoleptic and is prone to sleeping no matter the situation. He loves tea the most, in fact, his home is a teapot. He is the handicap of the group. If they don’t keep an eye on the Dormouse, he may get himself into a little trouble. Usually dragged along, the Dormouse isn’t entirely useless. He can shrink and fit into any nook, lock, or cranny. He can open any door and unlock any lock. [Taken]

These are just general descriptions of the characters. Using the skeleton further below, players can write whatever story, power, or personality for the character they have chosen that goes along with his or her summarized description.

NPC Heroes

The CaterpillarThe Caterpillar is a notorious drug dealer who smuggles items from shrinking potions to hookah pipes. He is all-knowing and will always have important information and sometimes items for Alice and the others to take on their journey. How does he manage to get it? Nobody really knows. That’s why he’s a successful smuggler.

There will be more NPCs, but this is all that needs to be listed for the beginning of the game. The longer the game progresses, the more new characters will be revealed.

Reality Note: Just as the white rabbit appears as an actual rabbit in reality, so can the other characters except The Mad Hatter. Alice will have to be careful when she returns to reality for she may just spot her friends. Just in case the Mad Hatter feels left out, there can be an animal form he can take the shape of when in reality (such as a dog with a top hat or something). We can discuss more about it if we get a Mad Hatter.

Villains

The Red QueenThe tyrant ruler of Wonderland. She is a heartless, cruel, monster—no seriously she is. Her evil has turned her into a living, grotesque nightmare. She isn’t afraid of her dissolving realm. She plans to claim as many hearts to fuel her army before Wonderland disappears. She has placed a bounty on Alice in case the whore ever returns.

The DuchessThe Duchess has given up trying to cook Alice into one of her meals. She has resorted to Dodo stew, roast, sandwiches…the fat bitch runs a restaurant in Backwater called Le dodo au pain. It is a booming business. No wonder the Dodo became extinct.

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle DumDee is the short one and Dum is the large and stupid one. They are bounty hunters always looking out to make a pretty penny. They are currently hunting down Alice and her friends. Dum may be unintelligent, but don’t make him angry. You do not want to see the Dummy angry.

The Walrus & The CarpenterThey’ve been obsessed with show business always running shows at the Man Hole strip club by the docks in Backwater. They love hiring oysters; only allowing the most talented to strut her stuff on stage. Strangely, oysters have been going missing from the surrounding bay. Where are they all going?

The Gryphonan elite soldier and pet of the Red Queen who shouldn’t be taken lightly. He is loyal to her, and no one really knows why. She’s hideous!

Card GuardsThey’re walking cards with beating hearts in their centers. They resemble zombies, and are programmed to behead anyone who slanders the Red Queen, doesn’t wear red, or who looks like Alice.

The JabberwockyA beast of legend. No one has ever seen it, but there have been frightening tales of its existence.

Miscellaneous Characters [Nonplayable]

DodosThese birds are slaves often seen performing tasks of great burden. They are the lowest and most abused social class in Wonderland. Perhaps it’s because they’re so delicious grilled and smothered in BBQ sauce? Poor Dodos.

OystersThey are the mermaids of Wonderland. They are very beautiful and their shell is stuck to their backs like a pair of solid wings. Unfortunately, they are hardly seen anymore. Their delightful songs no longer fill the harbor. Where are they going?

Wonderland ScumThese characters can be dwarves, humans, ants, or other animals. They are the new residents of Wonderland.

Character Skeleton

[b]Alias[/b]: (as in what character are you playing)
[b]Age[/b]:  (if not applicable then what age does your character seem)
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Basic Appearance[/b]: (Pic and a brief description if pic doesn't summarize.)
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Likes[/b]:
[b]Dislikes[/b]:
[b]Psychological Disorder(s)[/b]: (any problems or fetishes go here)
[b]Current Story[/b]: (What is your character doing now?)
[b]Weaponry[/b]: (If he or she carries anything)
[b]Powers[/b] (I’ll be checking these. I want everyone to at least be sensible with their powers)

Players can collaborate based on each others’ current stories. If you want your character to have fallen into some sort of danger that requires them to be rescued, then write that information in your character’s current story. It also doesn’t have to be a rescue attempt. Perhaps you would like other players to discover your character when undergoing a current situation. Write that in your character’s current story.

Alice’s Abilities

Yes, because Alice is a human she does have abilities of her own. When ingesting certain foods of Wonderland, she can shrink or grow to gargantuan sizes. Wonderland foods may also have other affects on her.

When in Wonderland Alice can fall from great heights without retaining any damage, leap great distances, and her combat performance is extraordinary. This is her imagination after all. Unfortunately, when in reality, she does not possess these abilities. In Reality, she is an average woman. However, she has the ability to take things from reality into her dream. Certain objects can help with certain obstacles or even help her friends. No, she cannot pull anything out of Wonderland…yet.

Alice is capable of dying in Wonderland. If she dies in Wonderland, she dies in reality more than likely her insanity will have become self-destructive. If Alice were to get severely injured, she'll enter a blood-lust called Hysteria. While afflicted with hysteria, she becomes extremely violent and unable to distinguish friend from foe. Her friends must calm her down quick and tend to her wounds before she harms herself further as well as harms others.

Important Information: Cake is a treat banned in Wonderland. All cakes have been destroyed and are never to be made again. Any character caught making a cake will be apprehended by card guards and their head removed. Last time cake was in Wonderland, Alice had ingested a slice and grew to colossal size. She then proceeded to destroy her army of card guards and wreck her castle. The Red Queen will have none of that!

Rules

1.OOC will remain in the OOC thread. That is what the OOC is made for so please do not post OOC bubbles in the IC. If you’re going somewhere or are trying to talk to someone specifically, PM them or use the OOC thread. Thanks.
2. Do not post pictures in the IC thread. I never saw the point in that. We can always go see who your character is. Please don’t post pictures in the IC thread. Also, I notice some people like to post pictures in the IC thread because they feel it helps them convey what they are describing better. Usually people who post pictures in the IC thread, post ridiculously enormous pics. If you are a writer, then conveying the mental image you're trying to present in your writing won't be difficult. A mental image is more effective than an actual image because the reader's opinion creates what you're trying to describe. If you are reliant on pictures, then feel free to use the OOC thread.
3. Do not auto-hit another player’s character or control another player’s character. There is a correct way to attack the character of another player and that is to write the action as an intention. Meaning it hasn’t happened yet, but depending on the other players response, it can happen. Example: Bob swings his fist at Jay’s jaw. In that statement, the action was never confirmed to have happened. Every player has the right to a response. Please do not god-mode.
4. What I say goes. I try to be as fair as possible, if you’re trying to ask a favor of me that I say “No” to, then please respect that it’s no. Do not argue with me. No is no. I will be selective with applications. Not everyone who applies may get approved. I want this game to last and get off its feet. I'm going to be a little picky with applications but not too extreme I hope.
5. Interaction. Do not join this RP if you do not plan on interacting with another player. I will not allow tea parties (not the Wonderland kind). Tea parties are when two players constantly post to one another and ignore everyone else. This RP kind of makes interaction very impossible. I don’t see why a tea party would start up when your characters are all working together. If your characters are separated from the group, then this is fine. I’m sure you know what I mean by tea parties anyway, so I’m not going to drawl this explanation on.
6. Respect each other’s O/Os. I recommend players keep in contact with anyone they are interacting with. Always make sure that what you are doing doesn’t offend another player. If there is a problem in the RP that you wish to tell me, the GM, you are welcome to PM if you think it may affect your continuation with this RP.
7. Do not skip over a player’s character without consent. Always give the other player a chance to respond. If you feel impatient, then go do something else. Take a break. There is no hurry.
8. Post at least 200 words. This isn’t a lot. I just do not like one-lining. So please try and meet the 200 words minimum.
9. Communication. This is what makes RPs last a long time. If you disappear please be courteous to let us know in the OOC. I can make adjustments to the RP this way. If you quit, then please say you’re leaving. But once you quit, please refrain from talking in the OOC. Once you are gone, you are gone. The OOC is for players involved in this storyline.
10. RP Speed I expect people to post at least 2 to 3 times a week. I understand everyone is busy. I'm busy at times. I want this RP to move at a comfortable speed. If a player hasn't posted for 4 days straight, without informing the Rpers of his or her negligence then skip him or her.
11. No Futanari Self-explanatory.
12. Have fun. Please write enough so that we can appreciate your character. I am very lenient with this RP, but please don’t give me a reason to be strict. Use spell check, read over your posts, and don’t post for the hell of it. If no one has posted yet, then don’t just post to post because it makes you feel accomplished. That is clutter. Do not clutter up the RP. At the end of the day, when people get out of classes or off work, they want to come online and find something worth reading. Just go find something to do until someone posts a reply.

Approved Players & Characters

Cheshire Cat (Mycroft) ♂

Links

Q&A

Clarifications

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Mycroft

C.C.
Alias: Chesire Cat
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 105
Basic Appearance: Eclectic in his fashion sense, Chesire enjoys expensive and garish clothing. Typically in shades of grey with purple accents, he loves fur collars and lace frills as accents for his meticulously tailored suits. Small of stature, he could readily be mistaken for a boy if not for his gravely voice and trademark gurgling chuckle.

As well kept as his clothing is, he wears his hair as a wild nest of sharp indigo locks. A pair of perpetually glowing yellow eyes often peeking from the shadows of his chaotic mop of hair, smoldering with a slightly askew sort of brilliance. Noticeable only when his smile broadens, he seems to have far too many teeth hidden behind his slender lips. A trick of the light plays across them occasionally, and for an instant they seem to be filed down to sharp points.

Personality: With feline aloofness, Chesire is hard to get a handle on empathically. His motivations are neither noble nor wicked, so much as self serving. He keeps his beliefs and machinations close to his chest, making it difficult for others to trust him.

This distrust is well earned as he is less concerned with furthering the agenda of any one particular, and more devoted to keeping himself entertain. An agent of chaos, he has a gift for seeing order in chaos and the rational in the irrational. This makes him both an adroit manipulator and a masterful tactician. He serves no master, and is best won over by interesting propositions rather than virtuous ones.

He suffers chronically from hallucinations, but with his unusual abilities, tends to share them with the people around him. As such he also is said to have a bad habit of touching things, as if to confirm whether they're real or figments of his imagination. He also just likes touching things, and probably would do so obsessively regardless of his other condition.

Dislikes: Sweets, Being ordered, Boredom
Psychological Disorder(s): Chronic hallucinatory psychosis and Poor impulse control.

Current Story: His activities of late have been entirely centered around napping, in between sleeping, in between long bouts of slumber. Occasionally he has taken to prodding the locals, his capricious nature forcing him to at least half heartedly stir the coals of discord. But like a marriage that has gone on too long, Wonderland has grown wrinkled and limp for Chesire. But with Alice returning, perhaps there's something worth getting out of bed for again.

Powers: Illusion / Shared Hallucination - The precise mechanism of his powers is undetermined. It is assumed that he has a talent for pushing his hallucinations onto others, as a sort of shared visual dementia. Given that this is a skill that is intuitive and tied into his own madness, it is hard to ascertain exactly how he performs these feats.

At times he seems to become smoke, turn invisible, travel about with impossible alacrity, and even twist his surroundings in unsettling ways. Some believe that perhaps he himself is part of the psychosis, making Chesire a sort of self sustaining mental illness.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

Story Tale

SinXAzgard21

If this is still going on, I'd like to take the roll of the Hatter.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

The Golden Touch

Should we still post if we'd like to see this game start, or have you abandoned it with the lack of interest?

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Dark Deception

I have been talking to players in PMs. If there is a role you'd like, just send me a PM on what it is. I'm not rushing this game along since I've been a little busy, but as soon as people get profiles up, it'll move on. We so far have an interest in The Mad Hatter and Alice. I'm still awaiting profiles though. I need to check on the Cheshire Cat to see if he's still game since I did post this up a month ago, and its just now getting interest.

AndyZ

I have a few ideas for the White Rabbit but haven't been able to find a good bunnygirl picture, nor have I had any major ideas worth posting yet.  I do absolutely love the Alice games, though, and can see where this can be interesting.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Mycroft

Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

Dark Deception

I want all character sheets to be sent to me in PMs. Only the approved sheets will go in here. This won't be the Character Thread, but I want those who browse this thread not to get mislead if a player's character doesn't get approved/accepted. Anyone is free to try for whatever character they want as the only way a person will get that role is if I approve them for that role. It doesn't matter how many players are interested in it, only one will get the part.