Altered Carbon (Spoilers)

Started by Sirius, April 11, 2018, 12:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirius

Apparently, I must be late to the party on this one. My fault, my buddy says he told me about it, and I believe him but I just don't remember the exchange haha. I was pleasantly surprised by this show. It was more complex than I expected it to be, and it was highly captivating. There were points to the conclusion of season 1 that I didn't quite like, but overall, it was done very well!

Has anyone else watched this show here? What are your thoughts? What do you think about Season 2 and how it'll likely be an entire new cast, in spite of still following Takeshi Kovacs, likely in a new sleeve though.

Naiah

Concept is good, visually stunning, flipping awful acting from the main character. Which ruined it for me. Overall did not like it and did not like the ending.

Baphomett

I personally loved it, but im not familiar with the source material. That being said I hope they keep the same actor for Takeshi... that man does things to me.

Deamonbane

Spoilers
If they keep the storyline maintained by the film as well as the book series as a whole, they'll be changing the Kovacs actor. Since this thread is tagged for spoilers, I feel no qualms about sharing that at the end of the series, you see that Kovacs gives the sleeve back to Ryker and is seen leaving the Raven Hotel (Poe was my favorite character by a massive margin) in a new sleeve. It's unfortunate, as I did like the delivery by Joel Kinnaman was quite good, although I feel that had more to do with the writing than the actor's own merit. You can see the characteristics kept fairly simple and easy to convey since the same character is being portrayed by various actors.

Overall, one of my favorite new series, and I hope to see more of it.

I did like that they deviated quite a bit from the source material (Poe as we see him was not in the book), as well as changing the main villain of the story from a stereotypical psychotic woman to actually being Kovacs' sister made the stakes a lot higher, and gave us a good show of Kinnaman's acting range in the end.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Nico

I really enjoyed the show. I hope there will be more.

Perhaps the acting was not the best out there, but there is worse. The visuals were amazing. And - Kovac? Yes, please. XD

Deamonbane

This might be my favorite scene in all TV history. Most gratifying, anyways.

Spoilered for lots of gratuitous violence
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Nico

Quote from: Deamonbane on April 19, 2018, 03:10:03 PM
This might be my favorite scene in all TV history. Most gratifying, anyways.

Spoilered for lots of gratuitous violence

+1

Blythe

I absolutely loved the show. Though I've only seen the show, not read the books it is based upon, but it does make me want to read those now.

There were a couple of small quibbles I had with things towards the end, but overall, I'd be absolutely riveted if there was a second season.