Looking to start a WoD Vampire: The Masquerade game.

Started by Vampyre Valkyrie, July 21, 2013, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyre Valkyrie

I am looking to start up a Vampire: The Masquerade game that becomes large enough to get a spot in a "Big Groups" section. (I will "hire" more GM's as they become necessary.) I will be running the original game and not the revised Vampire: The Requiem version. There will be a couple clans unavailable or capped to start off with, but I will get to that in a moment.

The following was taken from whitewolf.wikia.com

In Vampire, characters play vampires, also called Kindred, descendants of Caine (the Biblical Cain), cursed with a thirst for blood, vulnerability to sunlight and immortality. Vampires are forever subject to the Beast, their raging animal urges of hunger, fear and rage.

Vampires generally live in cities, which are run feudally by Princes (This role is already filled); life in a city is one of constant political manipulation and paranoia, as the powers of the city vie for power, control and food.

Vampires are creatures ruled by fear, most importantly the fear of exposure to the Kine, everyday humanity. Since the Inquisition the majority of vampires have lived under the Masquerade, an enforced campaign to hide the existence of the Kindred from humanity.

Vampire is a game of personal horror: the characters are continually forced to walk a moral tightrope between their need to survive and the horrific means by which they ensure it.

With that being said. The role of Prince and Scourge are already set to be filled. The game will open with a post that it will be mandatory to read (The new Prince declaring praxis and gaining control of the city.) This post will be long and bloody, but will hopefully set the tone for the rest of the game. I am looking for strong social and political play with the potential of some combat.

The following list is the vampire clans that are playable in Vampire: The Masquerade. I have made notes beside the clan names if they are capped/playable/ect. for your convenience. If all the clan slots have been filled it will be noted next to the clan name as well. If there is a clan that is non-playable/capped you see that you are interested in, please PM me with your character concept and we can talk.

The Camarilla

Brujah (playable): These vampires are commonly rebels and punks, and dress accordingly. A smaller class of Brujah are intellectual individualists, who are at odds with society.

Malkavian (playable): All other Clans believe this vampire clan to be insane, but in this, the Malkavians possess a unique wisdom.

Nosferatu (playable): Hideous in appearance, this Clan lives apart from other Kindred, but hold secrets of many of the preternatural inhabitants of the city (they resemble vampires as seen in "Nosferatu" but are not restricted to that exact appearance).

Toreador (playable): The Toreador see themselves as artists. They are a proud and regal Clan, often highly excitable, with expensive tastes and dressing in the latest fashions. Lestat is of course a Toreador..

Tremere (Capped at 3 : FILLED)These vampires are warlocks who have risen from an ancient magic. They are tightly-knit, and keep their powers closely guarded..

Ventrue (playable): Regarded by many as the leaders of the Camarilla, the Ventrue consuder themselves nobility, are old-fashioned and tradition bound, and believe in good taste above all else.

Solitary Clans

Assamites (capped at 1 : FILLED): The Crusaders brought back many tales from the Holy Land, some of which concerned a band of fanatical killers. The word the Europeans coined for these silent murders was assassin. The Cainites, however, already knew of a similar but far more dangerous threat from Araby - the diabolist of Clan Assamite.

Settite (capped at 2 : 1/2): There are few vampires who would willingly grant hospitality to a Follower of Set, and for good reason. The Settites, as they call themselves, are servants of darkness and corruption incarnate. The clan's ultimate goal is to corrode the ethics away from humanity and Cainites alike, creating a surfeit of slaves for themselves and thier dark master.

Gangrel (playable): These Kindred are able to shape-change into animal forms, such as a wolf or bat. Many are rustic in appearance and prefer a life of solitude. Until recently the Gangrel were members of the Camarilla

Giovanni (Not playable at this time): No other clan is more intent on maintaining a front of respectability than the Giovanni, and none is more repulsive at heart. Giovanni vampires are rich merchants, speculators, and investors who spend most of their nights manipulating their vast assets from skyscraper offices. They spend the rest of their nights in crypts and mausoleums carrying out their dark and morbid rites.

Ravnos (Capped at 1 - FILLED): Tramps and thieves, the Ravnos are scattered throughout Europe like chaff on the wind. Every country host a few, but where they can be found varies from night to night and whim to whim. Many travel with bands of roving tinkers or other undesirables. It is rare from more than one or two to be found in the same place at the same time, for they are solitary Cainites and prefer audiencs and marks to company. Due to some sort of madness ALL Ravnos try to kill one another on sight. They are very few in number.

Caitiff (playable): A vampire with no true clan. No matter what clan this vampire's sire is, their blood is so weak (due to their gen) that they do not fall into the jurisdiction of any clan.

The Sabbat

Lasombra (Capped at 1-FILLED): Elegant but preadatory, the Lasombra honestly think of themselves as the apex of Cainite existence. Firm belivers in Divine Right, and the rule of the superior, they have little patience, though often much pity, for those Cainites who are ( throught no fault of their own ) inferior.

Tzimisce (Not playable at this time): From time immemorial the Tzimisce have haunted Europe beyonde the Elbe. Along the Oder and Danube, through the Pripet Marshes, amid the Carpathian crags stalk the Fiends, each claiming its lair and wreaking a terrible vengeance on intruders. The Tzimisce cruelity is infamous even among vampires.

Please feel free to leave questions or feedback.

“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

CarnivorousBunny

I am very interested, but I do not know the game itself.  Will that leave me at a disadvantage, or will it be easy to play catch-up as I go along?

Will humans be playable, or are we all going to play vampires?
I'm assuming there is some sort of hierarchy within the vampire community, and a set system for which they placed to make getting food easier?
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on July 21, 2013, 10:50:00 AM
I am very interested, but I do not know the game itself.  Will that leave me at a disadvantage, or will it be easy to play catch-up as I go along?

Will humans be playable, or are we all going to play vampires?
I'm assuming there is some sort of hierarchy within the vampire community, and a set system for which they placed to make getting food easier?
No one who is starting fresh will be at a disadvantage because I won't let them feel like they are. Any and all questions can be PM'ed to me and I will get back to everyone. I once was a novice at VtM as well, and was lucky enough to receive help from my boyfriend, who has been playing VtM for 15 years now.

At this current point in time we are only going to be allowing vampire characters. However once the game expands a bit "gouls" (humans bound to vampires) will be permitted.

There is indeed a hierarchy, and a usage of status. I will be posting those details in the games Rules thread once I figure out where I'm going to open the game. I will also have a rule set for disciplines (powers the vampires have.) Those will also be posted in the Rules thread as well.

|

Snickerz

Soon as I'm finished running around in a thousand different directions my dear I'll read through this again, but I'm pretty sure I'm up for it.

MadJackal

I'm up for it, it sounds interestingn but I don't know the game either

Ixy

I would love to join a VtM game with a limited group size and a plot, but not a sandbox.  Do you have in mind a setting (time/place/cultures)?  Or can we know the current political landscape?  Would you be running NPCs for the various characters (feeding, pawns, retainers, antagonists, allies, elders, primogen, etc?)

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Ixy on July 21, 2013, 12:19:51 PM
I would love to join a VtM game with a limited group size and a plot, but not a sandbox.  Do you have in mind a setting (time/place/cultures)?  Or can we know the current political landscape?  Would you be running NPCs for the various characters (feeding, pawns, retainers, antagonists, allies, elders, primogen, etc?)

I'm not sure if I understand the term "sandbox." You might have to explain that one to me. The setting will be modern and a melting pot of cultures. I've not decided what the location will be.

As far as political landscape I'm assuming you mean sects. I'm going to be taking Camerilla, Independent, and Anarch. Any Sabbat will be NPC's for plot at this point in time.

As far as NPC's I will be running most of them (from antagonists to elders), as well as my co-gm (who will remain unnamed until the game gets up and going.) Primogen will most likely end up player characters after some time, but at first they will more then likely be NPC's. As I've said before, eventually gouls will be available as PC's but not at first. I'd like our vampire character base to be high enough I feel some "humans" won't hamper game play.

As far as the game being a limited group size I'm hoping that it eventually gets big enough that I don't have to NPC everyone. I would like to be able to enjoy the game as well as run a world where other folks can have fun.

|

Pointless Digression

Ixy means sandbox in the sense of an open world where the players develop their owns storylines and encounter little to no structure in the form of a pre-planned story line. Think of a game like Grand Theft Auto. You can proceed along the scripted story mission, or steal every car and vehicle in the city, drive to every corner of the man, and collect every weapon and costume without ever touching anything resembling a plot. The extreme opposite of a sandbox game is a railroad plot, where the GM has a predetermined sequence of events to progress through, and by god, we're going to hit all of those plot points in the prescribed order.

And I'd also like to play. Could you zap me a PM to let me know what I need to write up a character?

Robelwell202

As has already been discussed...

I'm in!  (Muahahahahaha!!)
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 21, 2013, 09:44:33 PM
As has already been discussed...
I'm in!  (Muahahahahaha!!)

*isn't sure if she should run in fear now or sign in blood that she's sticking around*

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Pointless Digression on July 21, 2013, 07:49:32 PM
Ixy means sandbox in the sense of an open world where the players develop their owns storylines and encounter little to no structure in the form of a pre-planned story line. Think of a game like Grand Theft Auto. You can proceed along the scripted story mission, or steal every car and vehicle in the city, drive to every corner of the man, and collect every weapon and costume without ever touching anything resembling a plot. The extreme opposite of a sandbox game is a railroad plot, where the GM has a predetermined sequence of events to progress through, and by god, we're going to hit all of those plot points in the prescribed order.

And I'd also like to play. Could you zap me a PM to let me know what I need to write up a character?

Thank you muchly. I'll have the CS format posted on Tuesday. I am not at my home computer right now, so I can't access it. But it will be up as soon as I get home. I will make sure to PM it to you though so that you know it's up.

Now to answer Ixy's question. I was planning on having a sudo sandbox game. There will be freedom to create your own side plots. I'll never say no to that, but it will be within reason. If it gets to extreme or out of hand, it will be stopped. There will be some predetermined events though. This is my first time running for a large group, so I'm going to be a bit more relaxed with it. That however does not mean you can blow up my city.

|

Kolbrandr

Are you intending this to be system or freeform as far as character creation and the like? Annd, neonate starting character types, other?

Vampyre Valkyrie

It's going to be a bit of freeform for the most part. The only part that will have a "system" to it is the disciplines at this point (that is subject to change as I'm typing it up to post on Tuesday.)

I'm drawing a blank right now on what you mean by neonate (sorry, it's late and I'm tired.)

|

Kolbrandr

Oh, neonates, as in characters recently embraced as vampires, built on starting character builds, that kind of thing.

Hrm, I think a better way to ask might be, are you using the VtM books for this or is this largely pulled off the wikia and such?

Thesunmaid

Neonate means newly made vamp...like 50 years or less old.

I was a member of the Camarilla Larp for the longest time and I would love to play in this. I used to run a game myself until life sort of attacked me and stole my time.

I am assuming this is a Table top character? and is there a sheet? I know you said its a free form...I just want to make sure I know whats going on. :) Feel free to Pm me anytime if there's anything I need for it. I would love love love to play a torrie or a malk or a nos. I also have played bruha and ghouls in the past which were fun.

I have my yahoo and msn on my profile if you prefer that to a PM. I really need a bit of distraction right now. I am starting a new job so I might be a bit slow to get a sheet up and running till the end of the week. I hope that's OK. :)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Thesunmaid

I have all the books downloaded and I can point people in the direction if they wanted the torrent site. :)

Ahem...I am sort of a OWoD geek...
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 22, 2013, 12:04:09 AM
Oh, neonates, as in characters recently embraced as vampires, built on starting character builds, that kind of thing.

Hrm, I think a better way to ask might be, are you using the VtM books for this or is this largely pulled off the wikia and such?
*Chuckles* Sorry...like I said...it's late and I'm half here mentally. I'll have my rules for character creation up no later then Tuesday (I'll be at my home computer then.)  Also, I have access to most of the VtM and White Wolf books via PDF. I've played in a couple WoD games (my longest stint being about 3 years at a LARP) but I've never run it before. My co-gm is a bit more experienced, but would like to remain unnamed until the start of game (the game was my idea and he doesn't want to step on my toes.)

Quote from: thesunmaid on July 22, 2013, 12:06:16 AM
Neonate means newly made vamp...like 50 years or less old.

I was a member of the Camarilla Larp for the longest time and I would love to play in this. I used to run a game myself until life sort of attacked me and stole my time.

I am assuming this is a Table top character? and is there a sheet? I know you said its a free form...I just want to make sure I know whats going on. :) Feel free to Pm me anytime if there's anything I need for it. I would love love love to play a torrie or a malk or a nos. I also have played bruha and ghouls in the past which were fun.

I have my yahoo and msn on my profile if you prefer that to a PM. I really need a bit of distraction right now. I am starting a new job so I might be a bit slow to get a sheet up and running till the end of the week. I hope that's OK. :)
Thanks...it's like 2 am here and my brain is running on fumes and baby tears (my kid woke up as I was laying down to go to bed.)

Which LARP were you involved with if you don't mind me asking (and did you travel to any cons?) I'll hit you up with a pm once I get on tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to get the kid to go back to bed.

I have Skype, aim, and yahoo....my yahoo has been giving me really bad issues lately though so I don't know how reliable that'll be to get ahold of me with. (I haven't been able to log in for about a week.) Also, nice to have a OWoD geek involved :D

|

Kolbrandr

Ahh, hokay, no worries then.

Basically I'm really not all that into pure freeform, or neonate scale gaming as far as character and backstory options (I just like having more room for things like time spent since embrace and the like), so just trying to sort that aspect of things out. I'll keep an eye on the thread for when notes on character creation go up then.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 22, 2013, 01:32:15 AM
Interested in playing a Malkavian.

That or a Settite are the roles I'm interested in.
But before I create a character, I think I'd like a better idea of the direction the game will be going.
my  o&o and a&a

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 22, 2013, 01:25:35 AM
Ahh, hokay, no worries then.

Basically I'm really not all that into pure freeform, or neonate scale gaming as far as character and backstory options (I just like having more room for things like time spent since embrace and the like), so just trying to sort that aspect of things out. I'll keep an eye on the thread for when notes on character creation go up then.
Well like I said, it will be mostly freeform. The other GM and I will be working on plot style things, but they won't be things that are forced most of the time. As far as neonate scale gaming, I find that it's more fun to have a variety of vampire ages. So I can say without a doubt, while I will be capping "super old vampires," vampires older then 50 will be permitted.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 22, 2013, 01:32:15 AM
Interested in playing a Malkavian.
Awesome...Love Malkavians

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on July 22, 2013, 01:39:31 AM
That or a Settite are the roles I'm interested in.
But before I create a character, I think I'd like a better idea of the direction the game will be going.
Shooting you a pm.

|

RubySlippers

I'm playing a Caitiff embraced in the 70's who learned her powers from watching movies at the time largely the Hammer Studios version. Well for awhile she had no teacher so am thinking -

Animalism - Power over beasts of the field, command wolf and rat and bat and such common enough is the movies to be legit just watch Dracula do it.

Fortitude - Ever watch the movies vampires are just tough bullet hit them and nothing and some can even die from fire and sun slower did Christopher Lee just die so fast.

Presence - Woman vampire equals HOT come on just look at the slutty vampires in the movies mortals want them and they hiss terrorizing the enemy.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 22, 2013, 08:14:11 AM
I'm playing a Caitiff embraced in the 70's who learned her powers from watching movies at the time largely the Hammer Studios version. Well for awhile she had no teacher so am thinking -

Animalism - Power over beasts of the field, command wolf and rat and bat and such common enough is the movies to be legit just watch Dracula do it.

Fortitude - Ever watch the movies vampires are just tough bullet hit them and nothing and some can even die from fire and sun slower did Christopher Lee just die so fast.

Presence - Woman vampire equals HOT come on just look at the slutty vampires in the movies mortals want them and they hiss terrorizing the enemy.

:D You won't have high levels in them by doing it that way, but she is young anyways. I like it so far. Once I flush out my rules on disciplines I'll post them (probably  tomorrow with the CS format.) Good choices :D

As a warning for everyone there will most likely be a cap to powers at first...till the system gets flushed out. That way there isn't to crazy of hyjinx going on :D

|

RubySlippers

I know even if a fifty year old vampire she would have low dots but I might opt to be 14th generation or even 15th, means no Kindred society status but she is a Caitiff who cares what the Man thinks. :D

And it will limit her using disciplines to high on the plus side if 15th generation she blends into mortal society better and can make cute real babies even if all Dhamphir. Might explain how she avoiding breaching the Masquerade sunlight is only lethal if 15th generation and there are medical conditions she could get documented (with some doctor helping) that can explain her quirks and being a disability will have benefits. Hell if I'm going to be vampire society bottom feeding trash should consider my options.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 22, 2013, 11:31:02 AM
I know even if a fifty year old vampire she would have low dots but I might opt to be 14th generation or even 15th, means no Kindred society status but she is a Caitiff who cares what the Man thinks. :D

And it will limit her using disciplines to high on the plus side if 15th generation she blends into mortal society better and can make cute real babies even if all Dhamphir. Might explain how she avoiding breaching the Masquerade sunlight is only lethal if 15th generation and there are medical conditions she could get documented (with some doctor helping) that can explain her quirks and being a disability will have benefits. Hell if I'm going to be vampire society bottom feeding trash should consider my options.
Agreed....Though there will be no half vampire babies at this point in time. Tis a little to much chaos at the beginning of a game. I however like the idea that sunlight is only lethal if she's 15th gen. That will also make her super useful to vampires who can't go out in the daytime...and lets face it...Useful Caitiffs are more likely to be accepted with slightly open arms. ;)

|

Kolbrandr

QuoteWell like I said, it will be mostly freeform. The other GM and I will be working on plot style things, but they won't be things that are forced most of the time. As far as neonate scale gaming, I find that it's more fun to have a variety of vampire ages. So I can say without a doubt, while I will be capping "super old vampires," vampires older then 50 will be permitted.

I guess to put it another way then, how mostly is mostly? Is character creation going to for instance be the sort of "describe what your character can do" sort of thing? It is more going to resemble something of character creation from the books and from there things go very light with the rules? Other?

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thesunmaid

The comment on the catiff...lol I know a guy who played one...he was one of he most influential vampires in our local larp. He had nothing to spend his points on but to put his influences up and he was the guy to go to if you needed something unusual. which he traded for teach me this discipline. No one realized he had protean and dementation as well as dominate celerity and a bunch of others since he tended to not show what he could do and kept his nose clean. lol

also I played a ghoul whom a lot of the vampires feared. I had to keep my elder vampire safe...and whats more safe than in torper in their coffin in the basement where no one can hurt them? I was there to care for them and no one could hurt them :P

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 22, 2013, 04:47:44 PM
I guess to put it another way then, how mostly is mostly? Is character creation going to for instance be the sort of "describe what your character can do" sort of thing? It is more going to resemble something of character creation from the books and from there things go very light with the rules? Other?
It's going to resemble something of character creation from the books if at all possible. I'm not going to let people go hog wild with powers. The parts I'm looking to be a little more freeform is the rp itself. I want people to be able to have fun with their characters, but I don't want them to come in all godded out.

|

Snickerz

When you get a character sheet sweets, I'd kinda like one. :P

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Snickerz on July 22, 2013, 08:51:57 PM
When you get a character sheet sweets, I'd kinda like one. :P
Yes yes I know...and the tremere slot you requested has been saved :D

|

Snickerz

Robelwell202

Aw, shit...    Twix as a Tremere?   We're gonna have...  issues!

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 22, 2013, 08:57:30 PM
Aw, shit...    Twix as a Tremere?   We're gonna have...  issues!

Aw *hugs* Are we talking good issues or bad ones?

Robelwell202

Probably bad (See:  Interesting RP fuel) between our characters' clans...  ;)

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 22, 2013, 09:12:34 PM
Probably bad (See:  Interesting RP fuel) between our characters' clans...  ;)

I thought we liked rp fuel? ;)

Robelwell202

*WE* do...  however, it might be a messy time between our characters.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 22, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
*WE* do...  however, it might be a messy time between our characters.

haha, yeah, that's true.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Children...no fighting before game starts :D

On a side note I'll be doing up a list of who has reserved what tomarrow just so I can help myself keep track and people are aware of who is playing what...Just no meta gaming with that info please :P

|

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 22, 2013, 11:26:52 PM
Children...no fighting before game starts :D

On a side note I'll be doing up a list of who has reserved what tomarrow just so I can help myself keep track and people are aware of who is playing what...Just no meta gaming with that info please :P

Rob and I fight? Well... Ok maybe, but only if followed instantly by rough sex. ;)

Oh sorry... What were we talking about?

Robelwell202

Quote from: Snickerz on July 22, 2013, 11:27:48 PM
Rob and I fight? Well... Ok maybe, but only if followed instantly by rough sex. ;)

Oh sorry... What were we talking about?

I'm in.  ;)

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Vampyre Valkyrie

*facepalm* Alright, I'm off to watch Secret Circle. I'll be on sometime tomarrow if anyone needs me. If anyone would like to add me to messenger to discuss details shoot me a pm.

I currently have Skype and Aim as my yahoo messenger crapped out on me recently.

|

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 22, 2013, 11:34:32 PM
*facepalm* Alright, I'm off to watch Secret Circle. I'll be on sometime tomarrow if anyone needs me. If anyone would like to add me to messenger to discuss details shoot me a pm.

I currently have Skype and Aim as my yahoo messenger crapped out on me recently.

You know, before you walk into a door, you should try opening it.  XD

PHANTOM! :-*

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Snickerz on July 22, 2013, 11:37:57 PM
You know, before you walk into a door, you should try opening it.  XD

PHANTOM! :-*

::eyes::

I'm bringing my wonky Malkavian back!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

QuoteBrief History
To quantify the evils of one Mercutio would be to travail at the identity of the number known as infinity; peruse the scores of victims tortured by his beautiful hand, and you shall find only a common denominator, a mathematical certainty, a tag of his identity.  His common prey: beautiful, independent women.  Their fate: certain death.  The paranormal investigator aught to be weary wherever elegant Mercutio courses the streets, feeding on the pulse of urban lifestyles, basking in the radiant glow of flashing neon signs and the blinding streaks of passing headlights.

What we know is this: Mercutio was born as the son of the Spanish Inquisitor.  He fell in love with an unnamed woman suspected of witchcraft and freed her.  She, a Malkavian, rewarded Mercutio with the embrace.  The two traveled through Spain, France, Switzerland and Greece before settling on the Trojan shores of Turkey until World War I.  Mercutio's unnamed sire was killed when her place of repose was exposed to sunlight by an artillery shell.  Mercutio fled to the United States, and since, he has victimized women in an attempt to recreate the bizarre relationship he once possessed with his dead sire.

Do not approach without considerate back-up:  while Mercutio is not a competent fighter, he is an experienced mentalist and can dominate at a whim.

The Vampire
MERCUTIO
Malkavian Deviant

"O, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you.
    She is the fairies’ midwife, and she comes
    In shape no bigger than an agate-stone
    On the fore-finger of an alderman,
    Drawn with a team of little atomies
    Over men’s noses as they lie asleep;
    Her chariot is an empty hazel-nut
    Made by the joiner squirrel or old grub,
    Time out o’ mind the fairies’ coachmakers.
    Her wagon-spokes made of long spinners’ legs,
    The cover of the wings of grasshoppers,
    The traces of the smallest spider’s web,
    The collars of the moonshine’s watery beams,
    Her whip of cricket’s bone, the lash of film,
    Her wagoner a small grey-coated gnat,
    Not so big as a round little worm
    Prick’d from the lazy finger of a maid;
    And in this state she gallops night by night
    Through lovers’ brains, and then they dream of love;
    O’er courtiers’ knees, that dream on court’sies straight,
    O’er lawyers’ fingers, who straight dream on fees,
    O’er ladies ‘ lips, who straight on kisses dream,
    Which oft the angry Mab with blisters plagues,
    Because their breaths with sweetmeats tainted are:
    Sometime she gallops o’er a courtier’s nose,
    And then dreams he of smelling out a suit;
    And sometime comes she with a tithe-pig’s tail
    Tickling a parson’s nose as a’ lies asleep,
    Then dreams, he of another benefice:
    Sometime she driveth o’er a soldier’s neck,
    And then dreams he of cutting foreign throats,
    Of breaches, ambuscadoes, Spanish blades,
    Of healths five-fathom deep; and then anon
    Drums in his ear, at which he starts and wakes,
    And being thus frighted swears a prayer or two
    And sleeps again. This is that very Mab
    That plaits the manes of horses in the night,
    And bakes the elflocks in foul sluttish hairs,
    Which once untangled, much misfortune bodes:
    This is the hag, when maids lie on their backs,
    That presses them and learns them first to bear,
    Making them women of good carriage:
    This is she—"

— Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet, Act I, scene iv

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snickerz

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 22, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
::eyes::

I'm bringing my wonky Malkavian back!

Sounds fun. I'll have to take a looooong sleep tonight and work on a profile.

RubySlippers

ERSBETE CARPATHI
Caitiff

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

CarnivorousBunny

I can't really decide which picture I want to use.  I'm playing a follower if Set, so there are so many fun ways this could go.

Part of me wants to use a picture of a woman who looks innocent and a total sweetheart, but her inner darkness is inversely proportional to the beauty and sweetness of her smile:

But then someone with more striking eyes would be fun too.  Could be linked to her abilities, I think? I'm not well versed with this game and its rules and laws at all:

Of course, someone with a darker aura is the most natural choice for a vampire role play, and a follower of Set (I am assuming):

Ooooh, choices!  I cannot decide! I think I may wait and see what kind of characters everyone cooks up first before I really make a decision on which direction to go.
my  o&o and a&a

Imogen

I do love me some Vtm and I'll throw my name in the hat for a character, most likely a Toreador Poseur/socialite.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Are we playing up to the Clan Flaws? Malkavian and Nosferatu should be obvious, same as Toreador. But will Clan Tremere also be held to roleplaying their fanatical loyalty to the Clan, and will Clan Ventrue be hindered by their selective appetite? I won't even mention the Caitiff flaw ;-)

2. You mentioned wanting to see politics in the game. Does that mean you will have an elder/ancilla/neonate game? You also mentioned not wanting to have the city blown up:  if a character with a grudge against the Prince has a good enough scheme, gathers support and seizes praxis. Is that allowed? If not, what is the limit a character can aspire?

3. I understand the Prince is new, and will need a council. Are the primogen chosen IC by the players of the clans or will they be NPC'd?

I noticed this one already had been asked and answered!

4. If I read this right, there will be no character sheets? If we play that way, how do we determine if dominate effects another character? In the same vein: what is the generation cap? Will willpower come into play? And Frenzy checks? Will there be any, or is that determined by the player if s/he wants to frenzy or not?

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Imogen on July 23, 2013, 05:34:19 AM
I do love me some Vtm and I'll throw my name in the hat for a character, most likely a Toreador Poseur/socialite.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Are we playing up to the Clan Flaws? Malkavian and Nosferatu should be obvious, same as Toreador. But will Clan Tremere also be held to roleplaying their fanatical loyalty to the Clan, and will Clan Ventrue be hindered by their selective appetite? I won't even mention the Caitiff flaw ;-)

2. You mentioned wanting to see politics in the game. Does that mean you will have an elder/ancilla/neonate game? You also mentioned not wanting to have the city blown up:  if a character with a grudge against the Prince has a good enough scheme, gathers support and seizes praxis. Is that allowed? If not, what is the limit a character can aspire?

3. I understand the Prince is new, and will need a council. Are the primogen chosen IC by the players of the clans or will they be NPC'd?

I noticed this one already had been asked and answered!

4. If I read this right, there will be no character sheets? If we play that way, how do we determine if dominate effects another character? In the same vein: what is the generation cap? Will willpower come into play? And Frenzy checks? Will there be any, or is that determined by the player if s/he wants to frenzy or not?

1.) Yes, clan flaws will be played...It would not be fair to the nosferatu/malkies if they were the only ones stuck with playing their clan flaw because when you look at their clans it's the first thing you see.

2.) We are going to have elders, yes. Most of them will be NPC's, but they will be there. As far as a praxis seizure, allow me to be an epic downer. The prince will remain prince until such a time that myself and my co-gm thing he should no longer be in that position. It is one of the few ways that I can keep some control over the game. So at this point atleast, praxis seizures are going to be a no go. (Sorry for any pre game plan foiling I just did.) I'll post more details about the city positions later.

3.) It's all good...I knew people would ask about being primogen.

4.) There will be character sheets. I've been trying to say that for the past couple days. I haven't been home to have time to get them typed up and posted though. I'm home now, but it may be another day before I get them up.

|

Imogen

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 23, 2013, 09:35:00 AM
1.) Yes, clan flaws will be played...It would not be fair to the nosferatu/malkies if they were the only ones stuck with playing their clan flaw because when you look at their clans it's the first thing you see.

2.) We are going to have elders, yes. Most of them will be NPC's, but they will be there. As far as a praxis seizure, allow me to be an epic downer. The prince will remain prince until such a time that myself and my co-gm thing he should no longer be in that position. It is one of the few ways that I can keep some control over the game. So at this point atleast, praxis seizures are going to be a no go. (Sorry for any pre game plan foiling I just did.) I'll post more details about the city positions later.

3.) It's all good...I knew people would ask about being primogen.

4.) There will be character sheets. I've been trying to say that for the past couple days. I haven't been home to have time to get them typed up and posted though. I'm home now, but it may be another day before I get them up.

Thank you very much for answering! And no worries,  I completely understand your position on the Praxis issue.

I look forward to seeing the character templates :-) (no rush, of course!)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Vampyre Valkyrie

Alright you guys....this post is important. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS!

I understand that you all are excited for this game to start, and I am super thankful for that. I however acquired a load of extra crap to deal with in RL (May loose my place of residence.)

What I need from you guys is not to give up on me or the game. It will start, and when it does it's going to be really fun. The following is a list of a few things I should mention before I hop offline.

1.) No nudity in your character photos. Just don't do it. I don't care if your avi is some sweet lesbian loving, a guy sucking off another guy, or some hot interspecies erotica, just not for your character photo.

2.) ERP will be permitted, but in select areas. I really would rather not be in the middle of the Elysium thread trying to read through a bunch of politics, then tagged as "of in a dark corner" have a flood of ERP posts. I will make a couple threads where it will be permitted, please stick to those areas. Remember, the sooner we get to 1000 IC posts, the sooner we will have a 'big group' game with as many threads as we want.

3.) Bare with me. I'm new to running for more then 1 person. I've also never run a VtM game before. While I know the game, and the system, the aspects of running the game are kind of newish to me. I have help (my co-gm,) but we really haven't had time to sit down and discuss things. I need you all to be patient and not loose your enthusiasm and interest in the game.

4.) Character sheets, rules on disciplines, and other things like that will be posted ASAP. Like I said, I have some real life BS going on. And while if it was just me at risk of loosing my place of residence that would be one thing. I have a 2 year old son, and he needs a home. I have to make sure my responsibilities as a mother are taken care of before I can get back to posting my rules and formats for things on here. I'm sorry for the delay and I love you guys!

|

Imogen

Real life first, hun! I hope everything will work out!! *hug*
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Robelwell202

Quote from: Imogen on July 23, 2013, 10:05:21 AM
Real life first, hun! I hope everything will work out!! *hug*

I second that.  Take care, Vampy!

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Vampyre Valkyrie

Just so everyone knows. Almost all of our capped clans are full (Settite is the only one left.) I really would like some basic clans to start getting members. I'm going to start taking tally of how many members of each of the clans we have and post them up in the clans list. That way people can see what clans we need and what clans will have quite a bit of activity.

|

Kolbrandr

I'm waiting for some more game information before I put any sort of concept together honestly.

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 23, 2013, 09:57:10 AM
Alright you guys....this post is important. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS!

I understand that you all are excited for this game to start, and I am super thankful for that. I however acquired a load of extra crap to deal with in RL (May loose my place of residence.)

What I need from you guys is not to give up on me or the game. It will start, and when it does it's going to be really fun. The following is a list of a few things I should mention before I hop offline.

1.) No nudity in your character photos. Just don't do it. I don't care if your avi is some sweet lesbian loving, a guy sucking off another guy, or some hot interspecies erotica, just not for your character photo.

2.) ERP will be permitted, but in select areas. I really would rather not be in the middle of the Elysium thread trying to read through a bunch of politics, then tagged as "of in a dark corner" have a flood of ERP posts. I will make a couple threads where it will be permitted, please stick to those areas. Remember, the sooner we get to 1000 IC posts, the sooner we will have a 'big group' game with as many threads as we want.

3.) Bare with me. I'm new to running for more then 1 person. I've also never run a VtM game before. While I know the game, and the system, the aspects of running the game are kind of newish to me. I have help (my co-gm,) but we really haven't had time to sit down and discuss things. I need you all to be patient and not loose your enthusiasm and interest in the game.

4.) Character sheets, rules on disciplines, and other things like that will be posted ASAP. Like I said, I have some real life BS going on. And while if it was just me at risk of loosing my place of residence that would be one thing. I have a 2 year old son, and he needs a home. I have to make sure my responsibilities as a mother are taken care of before I can get back to posting my rules and formats for things on here. I'm sorry for the delay and I love you guys!

Number one rule in role play... Real life first! Take Care.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 23, 2013, 05:45:07 PM
I'm waiting for some more game information before I put any sort of concept together honestly.
I don't blame you, and I'm sorry this is taking longer then planned....I would just like to make sure I have a place I can sleep and use a computer before I really start posting things about the game :D

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 05:53:26 PM
Number one rule in role play... Real life first! Take Care.
I love you Snix!

|

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 23, 2013, 05:58:21 PM
I don't blame you, and I'm sorry this is taking longer then planned....I would just like to make sure I have a place I can sleep and use a computer before I really start posting things about the game :D
I love you Snix!

I love me too. :D Wait.. What'd I do?
*looks nervous*

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 06:04:32 PM
*looks nervous*
You are just nice to me...:P

|

Robelwell202

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 06:04:32 PM
*looks nervous*

*Waggles eyebrows disgustingly*

Nothing yet, but...  I'd be glad to help.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 06:07:14 PM
*Waggles eyebrows disgustingly*

Nothing yet, but...  I'd be glad to help.

Ooo, I am so there!

AndyZ

I have ideas for both a Malkavian (if Imogen doesn't mind my reusing a char) and a Setite who's a brothel owner.  Are we full for Setites yet?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Imogen

Quote from: AndyZ on July 23, 2013, 07:18:10 PM
I have ideas for both a Malkavian (if Imogen doesn't mind my reusing a char) and a Setite who's a brothel owner.  Are we full for Setites yet?

Loved the char, would be great to see her again!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

AndyZ

Well, hard to resist that invitation.  We looking at the 20th Anniversary rules?

Robelwell202

Well, I'm set!   A person that will remain nameless

thesunmaid

helped me acquire the texts, so I've got some studying to do to reacquaint myself with the game.

:D

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

She said there was one slot open darlin.

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 07:26:07 PM
Well, I'm set!   A person that will remain nameless
thesunmaid
helped me acquire the texts, so I've got some studying to do to reacquaint myself with the game.

Subtlety isn't your strong suit is it?
*falls over laughing*

RubySlippers

You can always join the fearsome and impressive Caitiff non-clan.  :D

Robelwell202

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 07:31:10 PM
Subtlety isn't your strong suit is it?

Well, the lady was kind enough to help me, so I feel like credit should go where it's due.

And, what's this 'Subtlety' thing you speak of, Earth Creature?

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 07:41:27 PM
Well, the lady was kind enough to help me, so I feel like credit should go where it's due.
And, what's this 'Subtlety' thing you speak of, Earth Creature?

*raises eyebrow*
Hmmm, no... No... I got nothin... I mean I do just... Not sure how many would mark as "appropriate" haha.

Vampyre Valkyrie

We have 1 settite slot left. If you want it, claim it quickly :D

Also, Rob and Snix you two crack me up.

|

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on July 23, 2013, 07:23:05 PM
Well, hard to resist that invitation.  We looking at the 20th Anniversary rules?
Do 20th Anniversary edition rules still have gangrel as a clan?

|

AndyZ

I'll probably use my Malk.

20th Anniversary just has some errata to patch a few things up and the like.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/94815/Vampire-The-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition

Also means that everything is within a single book instead of having dozens of books that a ST has to know.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on July 23, 2013, 08:10:21 PM
I'll probably use my Malk.

20th Anniversary just has some errata to patch a few things up and the like.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/94815/Vampire-The-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition

Also means that everything is within a single book instead of having dozens of books that a ST has to know.
Yay more Malks! I'm suprised I haven't had more people ask to be toreadore or brujah....I'm never suprised when no one asks about ventrue or nos. Hell my Ventrue hated being a Ventrue. She spent most of her time with a Brujah Anarch who had Serpentis because he'd "converted" to Follower of Set LOL. And you all will meet my Nos soon enough.

I'll see about getting a pdf of that in a few days. Kind of broke at the moment so I can't just order it :) Currently the only book I have access to is the Laws of the Night from Mind's Eye Theater because I can't find my external hard drive. Once I have that back I'll have all the old whitewolf books.

|

AndyZ

KK.  I'll hold off on the sheet until we know which version to use, then.

Amanda proved herself very different from most at a young age when she proved herself the heroine of the school, a princess of true worth and value, by burning down the elementary school while the principal was trapped inside.

They tried to convince her that she did the wrong thing, but she knew how necessary it was.  He was a monster, she tried to explain, but they thought that she was just making it all up.  They seemed to think that she liked hurting him.  Of course she didn't, but you couldn't let someone like that just keep hurting people.  Even in the stories where the knight killed the dragon, it was because the dragon was evil.

To her young mind, it was all so simple, but no one can hold a belief forever in the face of continued effort to change her.  The older she got, the less sure she was, even as they kept her trapped in the asylum.

It was so lonely, but after a long time, friends came to visit her.  At first, they were the characters from the stories, telling her that she was a good girl and not a monster like some of the nurses liked to say.  After a while, she was able to make her own friends, and she was never lonely again.

She was all grown up but still living in the Asylum when Daddy came.  He offered to take her away from this nightmare, to accept freedom once more and enjoy her existence.  She wouldn't even have to leave any of her friends behind.  He told her what a good girl she was and how proud he was of her, that she understood that killing was never a good thing but sometimes it was necessary.  He explained how most people could never come to terms with that, either being too willing or unwilling to kill, and her understanding made her special.

Before the aliens came, she was trying to make friends with the other Kindred, but many of them seemed frightened of her.  A few treated her far too kindly, but that always made her very happy.  Thankfully, now she's old enough that she doesn't need to burn places down in order to fight the monsters.  Now she has a gun, and she'll prove to Daddy that he should always be proud of her.

Vampyre Valkyrie

|

Etah dna Evol

I'm out until next Tuesday, but I would love to rock a city Gangrel.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Etah dna Evol on July 23, 2013, 10:56:14 PM
I'm out until next Tuesday, but I would love to rock a city Gangrel.
*Hugs* Yay Gangrel! I approve :)

|

Robelwell202

*sighs*  I'm gonna have to start working on my 'Elitist Bastard' attitude, for my character to work.

(MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)   <--- obligatory Diabolical Laughter.  (As required by my contract.)

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 11:24:50 PM
*sighs*  I'm gonna have to start working on my 'Elitist Bastard' attitude, for my character to work.
(MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)   <--- obligatory Diabolical Laughter.  (As required by my contract.)

*raises eyebrow*
Yeah... You become a bastard and I'll become the queen of space.... Good luck with that. ;)

Athos

I'm signing on as interested. Haven't played VtM in years, so I'm probably going to be a little rusty and I don't know what I'm going to play yet. Probably a Brujah, or maybe I'll revive my old Ventrue or something...who knows?

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

RubySlippers

ERSBETE CARPATHI

Character Sheet
Name: Ersbete Carpathi
Player: Rubyslippers
Chronicle: tbd
Nature: Bon Vivant
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Concept: Hammer Film Vamp Hottie
Clan: Caitiff
Generation: 15th
Sire: Unknown

ATTRIBUTES
PHYSICAL
Strength  3 Dots
Dexterity  3 Dots
Stamina  3 Dots
SOCIAL
Charisma  Specialty: Alluring 4 Dots
Manipulation  2 Dots
Appearance  Specialty: Bewitching 4 Dots
MENTAL
Perception  2 Dots
Intelligence  2 Dots
Wits  2 Dots

ABILITIES 
TALENTS
Alertness  1 Dot
Athletics  1 Dot
Awareness  1 Dot
Brawl  3 Dots
Empathy  1 Dot
Expression  2 Dots
Intimidation  1 Dot
Streetwise  2 Dots
Subterfuge  1 Dot
SKILLS
Drive  1 Dot
Etiquette  1 Dot
Firearms  1 Dot
Melee  2 Dots
Performance sensual body language 2 Dots
Stealth  2 Dots
KNOWLEDGES
Academics  1 Dot
Computer  1 Dot
Finance  1 Dot
Occult  1 Dot
Technology  1 Dot

ADVANTAGES
DISCIPLINES
Fortitude  1 Dot
Potence  1 Dot
Presence  1 Dot
BACKGROUNDS
Alternate ID medical records - Porphyria  2 Dots
Fame blood doll subculture  1 Dot
Haven trendy loft  1 Dot
Herd blood dolls  5 Dots
Resources  4 Dots
VIRTUES
Conscience  3 Dots
Self-Control  4 Dots
Courage  5 Dots

MERITS
Blush of Health  2 pts.
Code of Honor (the six traditions)  2 pts.
Inoffensive to Animals  1 pt.

FLAWS
Fifteenth Generation  4 pts.
Phobia (heights)  2 pts.
Tic/Twitch (play with jewelry)  1 pt.

HUMANITY  7
WILLPOWER  5
BLOOD POOL  10 (8)

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 23, 2013, 11:55:53 PM
ERSBETE CARPATHI

Character Sheet
Name: Ersbete Carpathi
Chronicle: tbd
Concept: Hammer Film Vamp Hottie
Sire: Unknown

ATTRIBUTES
PHYSICAL
Strength  3 Dots
Dexterity  3 Dots
Stamina  3 Dots
SOCIAL
Charisma  Specialty: Alluring 4 Dots
Manipulation  2 Dots
Appearance  Specialty: Bewitching 4 Dots
MENTAL
Perception  2 Dots
Intelligence  2 Dots
Wits  2 Dots

ABILITIES 
TALENTS
Alertness  1 Dot
Athletics  1 Dot
Awareness  1 Dot
Brawl  3 Dots
Empathy  1 Dot
Expression  2 Dots
Intimidation  1 Dot
Streetwise  2 Dots
Subterfuge  1 Dot
SKILLS
Drive  1 Dot
Etiquette  1 Dot
Firearms  1 Dot
Melee  2 Dots
Performance sensual body language 2 Dots
Stealth  2 Dots
KNOWLEDGES
Academics  1 Dot
Computer  1 Dot
Finance  1 Dot
Occult  1 Dot
Technology  1 Dot

ADVANTAGES
DISCIPLINES
Fortitude  1 Dot
Potence  1 Dot
Presence  1 Dot
BACKGROUNDS
Alternate ID medical records - Porphyria  2 Dots
Herd blood dolls 4 Dots
Resources  4 Dots
VIRTUES
Conscience  3 Dots
Self-Control  4 Dots
Courage  5 Dots

MERITS
Deceptive Aura  2 pts.
Early Riser  1 pt.
Enchanting Voice  2 pts.
Light Sleeper  2 pts.

FLAWS
Addiction (marijuana)  2 pts.
Fifteenth Generation  4 pts.
Tic/Twitch (play with ring)  1 pt.

HUMANITY  7
WILLPOWER  5
BLOOD POOL  10 (8)

I like it so far, and I may actually steel your character sheet format...Though that is just a maybe. I'm not sure that is how I'm going to have the sheets written up yet.

|

RubySlippers

Well I like keeping a sheet simple and organized online lots of clutter is unappealing.

Imogen

I'm afraid I have to bow out. Wish you guys best of luck with the game!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Imogen on July 24, 2013, 10:13:02 AM
I'm afraid I have to bow out. Wish you guys best of luck with the game!
Sorry, hope it's not due to my not having things up yet. Hate to see you go. Goodluck with your other games.

|

Silk

I'd like to put down interest, going to decide which clan and such in the morning

Thesunmaid

Ixy

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 21, 2013, 07:32:34 PM
I'm not sure if I understand the term "sandbox." You might have to explain that one to me. The setting will be modern and a melting pot of cultures. I've not decided what the location will be.

As far as political landscape I'm assuming you mean sects. I'm going to be taking Camerilla, Independent, and Anarch. Any Sabbat will be NPC's for plot at this point in time.

A 'sandbox' game is one where the players do all the creation... I should have been more specific, because what I meant was that I would like there to be structure to the game-- some kind of story-arc rather than all the story being character-driven.  I think that character-driven plots are often great, but my experience with Masquerade online has always been really disappointing.  For instance, all the 'rare' character types are claimed or disallowed, leaving big gaps in the Cam 7, where much story interaction/development comes from clan politics. 

By 'political landscape', I was wondering if our characters would need to be worried about specific things-- is the Sabbat presence strong in a Cam city, or will the Cam be grossly outgunned and be snacky treats?  Is the prince very conservative, old, violent, weak/strong vs. the Primogen council?  Are there important elders we need to know about to not cross/make friends with/etc.

Do you think it'd be possible for me to play the childe of either an elder/ancillae NPC or, possibly, a PC with a specific scenario in mind?  I'd like the sire to be a generally respectable character (prestigious sire) of either an Indy clan or with really, really good connections-- I'm not interested in the character getting any political power out of it, just being able to go on a "mission"-- to collect stories from the other PCs, much like some of the narrators have in various clan books in NWoD and OWoD.  Her role would be to record their stories, visit as their guest (with no guarantee of her safety), and hopefully live long enough to compile them into an encyclopedic format.

Her sire, or grandsire, could have arranged the entire thing with boons as a simple act of her education, and plans on burning her only copy of the notes the moment she returns home-- either simply so the neonate would learn of her 'kind', or to test her courage, or as a sadistic amusement, or so s/he can "download" her knowledge via telepathy/dominate for his/her own benefit.

I see this character as either a Toreador, a Malkavian, a Nosferatu, a Giovanni, or a Brujah.  I'm definitely not married to any specific character traits, just really interested in the notion.  It would let the players I interact with go into great detail for their backgrounds/histories, their havens or property holdings for ambience and setting, their character's quirks and kinks-- nobody is more themselves than when 'in their element'.

Would this work?

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Ixy on July 24, 2013, 06:36:52 PM
A 'sandbox' game is one where the players do all the creation... I should have been more specific, because what I meant was that I would like there to be structure to the game-- some kind of story-arc rather than all the story being character-driven.  I think that character-driven plots are often great, but my experience with Masquerade online has always been really disappointing.  For instance, all the 'rare' character types are claimed or disallowed, leaving big gaps in the Cam 7, where much story interaction/development comes from clan politics. 

By 'political landscape', I was wondering if our characters would need to be worried about specific things-- is the Sabbat presence strong in a Cam city, or will the Cam be grossly outgunned and be snacky treats?  Is the prince very conservative, old, violent, weak/strong vs. the Primogen council?  Are there important elders we need to know about to not cross/make friends with/etc.

Do you think it'd be possible for me to play the childe of either an elder/ancillae NPC or, possibly, a PC with a specific scenario in mind?  I'd like the sire to be a generally respectable character (prestigious sire) of either an Indy clan or with really, really good connections-- I'm not interested in the character getting any political power out of it, just being able to go on a "mission"-- to collect stories from the other PCs, much like some of the narrators have in various clan books in NWoD and OWoD.  Her role would be to record their stories, visit as their guest (with no guarantee of her safety), and hopefully live long enough to compile them into an encyclopedic format.

Her sire, or grandsire, could have arranged the entire thing with boons as a simple act of her education, and plans on burning her only copy of the notes the moment she returns home-- either simply so the neonate would learn of her 'kind', or to test her courage, or as a sadistic amusement, or so s/he can "download" her knowledge via telepathy/dominate for his/her own benefit.

I see this character as either a Toreador, a Malkavian, a Nosferatu, a Giovanni, or a Brujah.  I'm definitely not married to any specific character traits, just really interested in the notion.  It would let the players I interact with go into great detail for their backgrounds/histories, their havens or property holdings for ambience and setting, their character's quirks and kinks-- nobody is more themselves than when 'in their element'.

Would this work?

I'll look over this a little bit more in depth on either Thursday or Friday and PM you back :)

|

RubySlippers

By the way if the Nos need a face to do things for them my character wouldn't mind, I mean the clan, in return for their patronage. If their Primogen openly said she was under the clans auspices most Kindred would fuck with her. And at least they tend to be decent to Kindred they like.

Kolbrandr

For what it's worth, I'm looking at making something for one of the core Camarilla clans, it's just pending what the outlines for character creation, and a bit more on the specific setting premise are going to be. I would, as far as it goes, prefer something that has some room for character initiative and agenda shaping things and all.

Archer2112

I am interested as well and would like to express my interest in playing a Brujah
Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather ~ Robert Jordan

Well, now that we have seen each other, if you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?’ ~ Lewis Carroll

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 24, 2013, 07:01:25 PM
By the way if the Nos need a face to do things for them my character wouldn't mind, I mean the clan, in return for their patronage. If their Primogen openly said she was under the clans auspices most Kindred would fuck with her. And at least they tend to be decent to Kindred they like.
The Nos primogen is actually set to be my only PC for the time being (she's the prince's grandchilder.) She is more face then most nos as her stats are mental, social, then physical. However, with what you said about clan patronage I can say the following, clan Nos tends to be accepting of everyone :) So I'm pretty sure you'll have an in :) We can talk about it more via pm or a messenger if you'd like.

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 24, 2013, 07:17:02 PM
For what it's worth, I'm looking at making something for one of the core Camarilla clans, it's just pending what the outlines for character creation, and a bit more on the specific setting premise are going to be. I would, as far as it goes, prefer something that has some room for character initiative and agenda shaping things and all.
Huzzah for Core Cam clans! I'll get those outlines up soon. Most likely Friday. This week has been one tremindous mind fuck on my end of things IRL. I'm honestly lucky I've been able to get away long enough to check into things on here. That will all be changing soon though, and my ~E~ schedual will be back to normal :) If you don't mind sending me a PM or posting here and explaining a bit more what you mean by character initiative and agenda shaping I'll get back to you sometime tomarrow. I'm just trying to make sure everyone who is interested is happy, and trying to take all things into consideration when coming up with my final format for the game.

Quote from: Archer2112 on July 24, 2013, 09:58:33 PM
I am interested as well and would like to express my interest in playing a Brujah
Noted! Was wondering when someone was going to call Brujah :)

Notice: Tomorrow (Thursday July 25th) I will be extremely busy during the day. My hope is that I can be on in the early morning to answer any and all questions I've gotten by that time. Towards the late morning/afternoon I'll most likely be gone for the rest of the day.

|

Jezabelle

Color me interested to play a Malkavian! My knowledge of the series comes largely from the Troikia RPG but the White Wolf Wiki exists so I think I can put a character together myself…

Will post sometime tomorrow, really happy to see some VtM!

Vampyre Valkyrie

Yay Malkies!

I'm loggin for the evening now...Still have to finish up some of my RL bs before everything is back to normal on my end....I'll get back to my normal ~E~ schedual tomarrow. Then if the fates allow it I'll be on full time this weekend (as I may go visit my grandmother with just me and my son.) Not sure about that last bit though.

|

Harmony

I'm interested and my favorite character is always a bratty Brujah.. Look forward !

Vampyre Valkyrie

Alright lovelies....I've yet to get it typed up, but I've decided my ruiling on sheets.

We will be using basic character creation from the table top game. I will be giving out extra points due to backgrounds and such.

No out of clans to start with unless approved by me

The gen cap is 9 (that doesn't mean that every sheet I get should be 9th gen)

I'm going to want a background typed up with a picture (a real photo, not a drawing...and as I said before NO NUDITY)

The sheets will be for myself and the co-gm, the background sheets (those will be typed up soon) will be for the rest of the players. I see no reason in everyone knowing what everyone else can do. I also don't see there being much combat, but when there is, we will have actual sheets to use.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

I'm willing to listen to any concepts you guys have. If they are good enough, I MIGHT be willing to bend the rules. But you have to present me with a good background, and reasons why about things.

|

Kolbrandr

Ah, hokay, not really the sort of thing I had in mind then (I'd feel weird at being 9th and being any kind of older than, say, the late 17th-18th century, simply as personal taste/preference, and I was hoping to create something older than that in concept), going to withdraw, thanks anyway though. I do wish you luck with the game regardless, and it looks to have a strong amount of interest all the same for you to work with.

RubySlippers

There is an option you could have been entombed involuntarily for a long time and released, so your age is old but time as a vampire is not.

Anyway I'll work on my background she likely was in a Hammer Film movie as a vampire (as a mortal actress) and just kind of lost it a tad when embraced as she left Woodstock. Damned she should never have did that Acid.  :D

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 27, 2013, 09:28:16 AM
There is an option you could have been entombed involuntarily for a long time and released, so your age is old but time as a vampire is not.

Anyway I'll work on my background she likely was in a Hammer Film movie as a vampire (as a mortal actress) and just kind of lost it a tad when embraced as she left Woodstock. Damned she should never have did that Acid.  :D

I like it, and thanks...I didn't think about the entombed option.

|

CarnivorousBunny

I think I'll drop out of this game.  I'm just really lost with all these terms and things, and I don't have the time to be playing catch up.  It does look really interesting, and I'll probably follow the game.

I wish you guys the best of luck! :)
my  o&o and a&a

Vampyre Valkyrie

Sorry to see you go. If you find yourself wanting to play later, just pm me. I'm more then willing to answer any questions, and have access to any books you may need.

|

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a

RubySlippers

Well did the GM rule out playing a ghoul, they are almost like mortal humans and would be a way to work into being a vampire once you learn more about the game. Just an idea for those not sure of the game but want to play.

Thesunmaid

They might be human servants but vamps should keep in mind...they can walk around in the day time...you can't so play safe.

snickers.

Finite True

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 27, 2013, 01:18:09 PM
Well did the GM rule out playing a ghoul, they are almost like mortal humans and would be a way to work into being a vampire once you learn more about the game. Just an idea for those not sure of the game but want to play.
I did actually....I want the clans flushed out before I let gouls in.

Quote from: Finite True on July 27, 2013, 01:29:56 PM
Let me know if you need a Malkavian.
Hey, if you want to join, write one up :) Worst I can do is say no to something (and it's typically something that can be worked around.)

|

Finite True

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 27, 2013, 01:35:35 PM
Hey, if you want to join, write one up :) Worst I can do is say no to something (and it's typically something that can be worked around.)

I'll shoot you a PM soon and we'll see what you think! :3

Vampyre Valkyrie

|

AndyZ

Did we decide whether to go with 20A or Revised yet?

Searching for a new picture still.

Harmony

so just wanting to be clear on the actual sheet to use would it be like
http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/VtM/Vampire_V20-Playtest_1-Page_Editable.pdf

filled out as an attachment to you along with a picture and history. Or did you have a different type sheet in mind?

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Harmony on July 27, 2013, 02:42:30 PM
so just wanting to be clear on the actual sheet to use would it be like
http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/VtM/Vampire_V20-Playtest_1-Page_Editable.pdf

filled out as an attachment to you along with a picture and history. Or did you have a different type sheet in mind?
I like that sheet for the ones people have to turn into me :) Thanks...I was worried I'd have to type that sucker out. As for your background sheet....I'll get that up soon. My son came down with a temp about an hour ago and I didn't know because he was sleeping.

|

Harmony

Aww well take care of your son of course that is the most important thing in this world, our children. I will fill out my sheet and when you are ready with the other then I will do it, no rush I ain't going anywhere.

AndyZ

Also, how would you feel about stuff from the Malk book?  I'd love to get some Malkavian Time and the Infectious flaw (where your victims get a derangement for a week if you feed too much from them).

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on July 27, 2013, 08:06:51 PM
Also, how would you feel about stuff from the Malk book?  I'd love to get some Malkavian Time and the Infectious flaw (where your victims get a derangement for a week if you feed too much from them).
I'll need to get the Malk book, but maybe :D Let me read over them :P

|

Athos

Hey Vamprye Valkyrie so I decided to work on reviving one of my old characters, a Ventrue. I'll be PM'ing you with his proposed character sheet and background so you can have a look. Let me know what you think and/or if I need to make any changes. Thanks!

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Athos on July 27, 2013, 09:35:53 PM
Hey Vamprye Valkyrie so I decided to work on reviving one of my old characters, a Ventrue. I'll be PM'ing you with his proposed character sheet and background so you can have a look. Let me know what you think and/or if I need to make any changes. Thanks!
*Squee* VENTRUE! Huzzah....I have NPC's for you to meet for sure :) I'll check the sheet out in the morning

|

GhettoMagick

holy poo I was just looking up tremere's abilities! is there anything they can't do?! Frightening
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Imogen

Quote from: GhettoMagick on July 28, 2013, 04:59:27 AM
holy poo I was just looking up tremere's abilities! is there anything they can't do?! Frightening

Thaumaturgy is insanely powerful in theory. In practice, it's not so bad. For one, studying the paths and rituals take time so the apprentice will have some important decisions to make. Secondly, not every path and ritual is available to every apprentice. Here the clan flaw comes into play. Tremere have a strict hierarchy, and those in power will want to keep those beneath them ...well, beneath them. Higher level rituals and paths aren't just up for grabs in the Chantry library but are kept behind lock and key. The apprentice will have to convince their elders they are worthy of learning those advanced goodies, and often it takes more than worthiness, but a good amount of 'usefulness' to the warlock in question.

It's common practice that an apprentice starts with the path of blood and branches out from there. That doesn't mean Gm's don't allow other paths as a primary path but that is more exception than rule. Most of the rituals and paths are rarely used by player characters unless the GM allows elders. Then there is the matter of exp in system games: building thaumaturgy is relatively expensive in experience expenditure meaning it takes a long time to build a powerful Tremere character.

So yeah, thaumarturgy can do pretty much everything... but in practice it just means you have a bit more choice and refinement in your disciplines. In system games that is. In freeform, thaumaturgy (together with dementation and chimerstry) are the main causes for GM migraines ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Vampyre Valkyrie

My ruling on Thaum is you only get one path to start off with, and it doesn't nessisarily have to be blood. I'd like whatever path it is to be run by me though.

Thaum being so cracktastic is one of the main reasons Tremere (even though a main Camerilla clan) was capped. While I understand the idea of playing a magic weilding vampire is just hot, I personally want to not have my hair ripped out by the end of the first week.

|

Vampyre Valkyrie

Vampire: The Masquerade
Character Sheet

Character picture goes here

Name:
Nature:
Clan:
Player:
Demeanor:
Generation:
Chronicle:
Concept:
Sire:

Attributes:

Note: Please use * to indicate number of dots.

Physical: 

Strength: *                  
Dexterity: *         
Stamina: *               

Social:

Charisma:*
Manipulation:*
Appearance:*

Mental:

Perception:*
Intelligence:*
Wits:*

Abilities:

Talents:    

Alertness:                        
Athletics:                           
Awareness:            
Brawl:                  
Empathy:               
Expression:                        
Intimidation:            
Leadership:                        
Streetwise:                  
Subterfuge:                        

Skills:

Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Larceny:
Melee:
Performance:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:

Academics:
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:
Technology:

Advantages:

Note: Please write discipline/background name below and use * to indicate number of dots.

Disciplines:

Backgrounds:

Virtues:

Conscience:*
Self-Control:*
Courage:*

Humanity:
Health:
Willpower:
Weakness:
Blood Pool:
Experience:

Freebies, Merits and Flaws:

Please make note of how you spent your freebie points here.

Flaws:

Merits:

Character Biography:

Please write your character biography here.

And this is the character sheet code: All anyone has to do is click the select button below and they can paste it into a PM or thread post then simply fill it out.

[center][b][size=14pt]Vampire: The Masquerade[/size]
Character Sheet[/b]
[/center]
[hr]
[float=right]Character picture goes here[/float]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Demeanor: [/b]
[b]Generation:[/b]
[b]Chronicle: [/b]
[b]Concept: [/b]
[b]Sire: [/b]

[spoiler=Attributes:]
[b]Note: Please use * to indicate number of dots.[/b]

[size=12pt][b]Physical:[/b][/size] 

[b]Strength:[/b] *
[b]Dexterity:[/b] *
[b]Stamina:[/b] *

[size=12pt][b]Social:[/b][/size]

[b]Charisma:[/b]*
[b]Manipulation:[/b]*
[b]Appearance:[/b]*

[size=12pt][b]Mental:[/b][/size]

[b]Perception:[/b]*
[b]Intelligence:[/b]*
[b]Wits:[/b]*
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities:]
[b]Note: Please use * to indicate number of dots.[/b]

[size=12pt][b]Talents:[/b][/size]

[b]Alertness:[/b]
[b]Athletics:[/b]
[b]Awareness:[/b]
[b]Brawl:[/b]
[b]Empathy:[/b]
[b]Expression:[/b]
[b]Intimidation:[/b]
[b]Leadership:[/b]
[b]Streetwise:[/b]
[b]Subterfuge:[/b]

[size=12pt][b]Skills:[/b][/size]

[b]Animal Ken:[/b]
[b]Crafts:[/b]
[b]Drive:[/b]
[b]Etiquette:[/b]
[b]Firearms:[/b]
[b]Larceny:[/b]
[b]Melee:[/b]
[b]Performance:[/b]
[b]Stealth:[/b]
[b]Survival:[/b]

[size=12pt][b]Knowledges:[/b][/size]

[b]Academics:[/b]
[b]Computer:[/b]
[b]Finance:[/b]
[b]Investigation:[/b]
[b]Law:[/b]
[b]Medicine:[/b]
[b]Occult:[/b]
[b]Politics:[/b]
[b]Science:[/b]
[b]Technology:[/b]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Advantages:]
[b]Note: Please write discipline/background name below and use * to indicate number of dots.[/b]

[size=12pt][b]Disciplines:[/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Backgrounds:[/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Virtues:[/b][/size]

[b]Conscience:[/b]*
[b]Self-Control:[/b]*
[b]Courage:[/b]*

[b]Humanity:[/b]
[b]Health:[/b]
[b]Willpower:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]
[b]Blood Pool:[/b]
[b]Experience:[/b]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Freebies, Merits and Flaws:]

[size=12pt][b]Flaws:[/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Merits:[/b][/size]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Character Biography:]
Please write your character biography here.
[/spoiler]

Everyone should that Athos for sending me this sheet. I've had quite a bit on my plate and he sent this to me so that people wouldn't have to take screen shots of the other sheet and edit. We are still using base creation points.

|

RubySlippers

Character Sheet

Name: Elsbethé  Carpathi
Chronicle:
Concept: Hammer Film Hottie
Sire: Opium Denny - Caitiff (met final death)

Attributes:

Physical: 

Strength: ***                  
Dexterity: ***         
Stamina: ***               

Social:

Charisma: Alluring  **** 
Manipulation: **
Appearance: Bewitching  **** 

Mental:

Perception: **
Intelligence: **
Wits: **

Abilities:

Talents:    

Alertness: **                        
Athletics: *                           
Awareness: *            
Brawl: Catfighting  ***                  
Empathy: *               
Expression: *                        
Intimidation: *            
Leadership:                        
Streetwise: **                  
Subterfuge: *                        

Skills:

Animal Ken:
Crafts: *
Drive: *
Etiquette: *
Firearms: *
Larceny:
Melee: *
Performance: Sensual Body Language  ***
Stealth: *
Survival:

Knowledges:

Academics: *
Computer: *
Finance: Personal Finance   *
Investigation:
Law:
Medicine:
Occult: *
Politics:
Science:
Technology: *

Advantages:

Note: Please write discipline/background name below and use * to indicate number of dots.

Disciplines:

Fortitude:  Everyone knows vampires are just tough, watch any movie.  *
Potence:  Vampires are just strong they can toss mortals around and rip open locked doors.  *
Presence:  Female vampires are just primal sex and hiss fangs showing beautifully, enough said.  *

Backgrounds:

Alternate ID: medical record trail verifying Porphyria as medical condition, with wallet card  *
Domain Security: Secure Loft  **
Domain Size: secure loft  *
Fame: blood doll subculture  *
Herd: female blood dolls  *****
Resources: conservative investment portfolio income  ***

Virtues:

Conscience:  ***
Self-Control:  ****
Courage:  ****

Humanity: 7
Health:
Willpower: 6
Weakness: None
Blood Pool: Vampire Vitae 6 [10]
Experience: 0

Flaws:
Fifteenth Generation  +4 Pts.
Phobia heights  +2pts.
Tick/Twitch play with ankh pendent +1 pt.

Merits:
Blush of Health  -2 pts.
Code of Honor follow the six traditions  -2 pts.
Deceptive Aura  -1 pt.

Freebie Points Spent as Follows 15 pts + 2 Flaw = 17.:
Raise Stamina 1 Dot  -5 FP
Raise Courage 1 Dot -2FP
Willpower +2 -2FP
Add Background Alternate ID 1 Dot -1 FP
Add Background Fame 1 Dot -1FP
Add Background Resources 3 Dots -3 FP
Add Background Domain 1 Dot Size -1 FP
Add Background Domain 2 Dot Security -2 FP

Character Biography:

Born in White Lake, New York in 1942 and was raised in a typical local farm life went to the local High School, got an associates degree at 1960 in general studies in Theater and lucked out at twenty getting a role in the Hammer Film Dracula's Widow as a victim turned hottie hissing scantily clad vampire (some T&A). Then went back to her boring life as a saleswoman at a store in women's intimates in a nearby town Plaza Mall. All that changed with Woodstock she ended up going, getting exposed to drugs and the counterculture and well had a good time. But when a guy and his hot girlfriends brought her to his tricked out van she got dosed by Acid and while on a Groovy Trip was embraced, ending up in Boston where he told her she was a vampire and dumped her off on the street. The ones his thin blood couldn't embrace were just dumped out. The Sheriff of Boston found Opium Denny and tended to him and she managed to survive picking up powers and staying off the Kindred radar under who new name eventually moving to the area a while back where she blended into the Blood Doll subculture and laid low. But she is decidedly Camarilla in attitude favoring the Sect over alternatives if nothing else they let you know where you stand. She made contact with the Nosferatu she offered to do "face work" for them if needed in return for their favor at least talking to an underling in the Clan, being Vampire Trash she can't exactly be picky.

AndyZ

I took a point of Malk Time and the Infectious Flaw, but they'll be easy enough to remove if you end up objecting.

Character Sheet

Name: Amanda Kyleson
Nature: Child
Clan: Malkavian
Player: AndyZ
Demeanor: Child
Generation: 9
Chronicle: Vampyre Valkyrie's Campaign of Awesome™
Concept: Asylum escapee
Sire: Daddy

Attributes:

Physical: 

Strength: *                  
Stamina: **               

Social:

Charisma:**
Manipulation:***
Appearance:***

Mental:

Perception:**** (Discerning)
Intelligence:**** (Problem Solver)
Wits:**

Abilities:

Talents:    

Alertness:   ***                  
Athletics:                           
Awareness: *            
Brawl:                  
Empathy: ***               
Expression: *                        
Intimidation: *            
Leadership:                        
Streetwise:                  
Subterfuge: ***                        
Malkavian Time: *

Skills:

Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive: *
Etiquette: *
Firearms: ***
Larceny:
Melee:
Performance: *
Stealth: ***
Survival:

Knowledges:

Academics:
Computer: *
Finance:
Investigation: *
Law:
Medicine:
Occult: ***
Politics:
Science:
Technology:

Advantages:

Disciplines:
Auspex: *
Dementation: *
Obfuscate: *

Backgrounds:
Domain Size: **
Domain Security: *
Generation: ****
Herd: **
Mentor: ***
Resources: **
Retainer: *

Virtues:

Conscience:****
Self-Control:***
Courage:***

Humanity: 7
Health:
Willpower: 7 / 7
Weakness: Schizophrenia (Imaginary friends and object personification)
Blood Pool: 14
Experience:

11 background, 4 willpower, 3 merits, 3 flaws

Flaws:

Infectious -3: Your bite transmits the madness of your clan.  Whenever you feed from a mortal, the power of the Kiss holds them in place as normal.  However, your mortal prey gains a derangement for every three points you take from them; the madness lasts for a week or so.  Malkavians with this flaw are often the ones you hear about infesting asylums; it's the most low-key place for them to feed.

Merits:

Concentration +1: You have the ability to focus your mind and shut out any distractions or annoyances. Characters with this Merit are unaffected by any penalties stemming from distracting circumstances (e.g., loud noises, strobe lights, or hanging upside down)

Harmless +1: Everyone in the city knows you, and knows that you’re no threat to their plans. While that sort of estimation may seem insulting, it’s also what’s kept you from being killed. No one considers you worth their time to deal with, and that low opinion keeps you safe.  If you start acting in a way that demonstrates that you are no longer harmless, others’ reactions to you will likely change as a result.

Language: Sign Language.

Character Biography:

Amanda proved herself very different from most at a young age when she proved herself the heroine of the school, a princess of true worth and value, by burning down the elementary school while the principal was trapped inside.

They tried to convince her that she did the wrong thing, but she knew how necessary it was.  He was a monster, she tried to explain, but they thought that she was just making it all up.  They seemed to think that she liked hurting him.  Of course she didn't, but you couldn't let someone like that just keep hurting people.  Even in the stories where the knight killed the dragon, it was because the dragon was evil.

To her young mind, it was all so simple, but no one can hold a belief forever in the face of continued effort to change her.  The older she got, the less sure she was, even as they kept her trapped in the asylum.

It was so lonely, but after a long time, friends came to visit her.  At first, they were the characters from the stories, telling her that she was a good girl and not a monster like some of the nurses liked to say.  After a while, she was able to make her own friends, and she was never lonely again.

She was all grown up but still living in the Asylum when Daddy came.  He offered to take her away from this nightmare, to accept freedom once more and enjoy her existence.  She wouldn't even have to leave any of her friends behind.  He told her what a good girl she was and how proud he was of her, that she understood that killing was never a good thing but sometimes it was necessary.  He explained how most people could never come to terms with that, either being too willing or unwilling to kill, and her understanding made her special.  She doesn't want to hurt anyone but she knows how if it becomes necessary.

One of her primary responsibilities is to handle the local insane asylum.  She's made the director her best friend and is allowed to choose who can feed there, which helps her make friends and makes sure that the people still at the asylum have more human (and Kindred) friends and visitors than she did.  Once you've made your own friends, they get so lonely if you don't spend time with them as well.

Athos

Character Sheet

Name: Enrique “Raven” Rodriguez
Clan: Ventrue
Player: Athos
Nature: Eye of the Storm
Demeanor: Judge
Generation: 12th Generation
Chronicle:
Concept: Police Officer/Private Security
Sire: Xuxa LaRoches

Attributes:

Physical: 

Dexterity: ****         

Social:

Charisma:*
Manipulation:**
Appearance:***

Mental:

Perception:***
Intelligence:***

Abilities:

Talents:    

Alertness:**                        
Athletics:   **                        
Awareness:*            
Brawl:**                  
Empathy:*               
Expression:                        
Intimidation:***            
Leadership:*                        
Streetwise:*                  
Subterfuge:                        

Skills:

Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:*
Etiquette:
Firearms:***
Larceny:
Melee:**
Performance:
Stealth:**
Survival:

Knowledges:

Academics:*
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:***
Law:*
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:
Technology:

Advantages:

Disciplines:
Dominate: *
Fortitude: **
Presence: **

Backgrounds:
Generation: *
Mentor: *
Resources: **
Domain: *

Virtues:
Conscience:***
Courage:****

Humanity:6
Health:
Willpower:5/5
Weakness:Refined Palate
Blood Pool:11
Experience:

14 spent for two points in Presence, 1 spent on Willpower,3, gained from flaws, 3 spent on Merits
Flaws:
Glowing Eyes – Gain 3 points

Merits:
Language: Spanish – Cost 1 point
Former Ghoul – Cost 1 point
Deceptive Aura – Cost 1 point

Character Biography:

Early Life and Police Career, 1975-1999

Enrique Rodriguez was born in Miami, Florida on January 3rd, 1975. His parents were Cuban immigrants who had come to the United States in order to search out a better life. His father worked under the table as a mechanic at a local garage and his mother worked nights as a waitress. Money was tight, but they managed to pay the rent each month and keep food on the table. His childhood was for the most part a happy one. Every Sunday after church, his father would take him to a local park and they would play catch. His father used to call him “El cuervo,” which meant “The raven,” due to his jet black hair and dark brown eyes. Raven adored his father and quickly took to using his nickname in place of his first name.

When Raven was ten, his father was closing up the garage one night when three men attempted to rob him. In the ensuing struggle, Raven’s father was shot and killed. Raven and his mother both took the death of his father hard. She began drinking heavily and he began to act out. By the time he was thirteen, Raven was involved with a local gang. In 1991, his mother died from liver disease leaving a sixteen year old Raven by himself. In his grief, he fell even deeper into gang life and later that year Raven killed a rival gang member during a shootout.

Though he was never charged with the crime, the guilt he felt over the murder stayed with him. It caused him to change his ways and turn his anger toward something positive. In 1993, at the age of eighteen, Raven graduated from High School and was accepted into the Miami Police Academy. He served as a patrolman for three years before being accepted into the Miami S.W.A.T. division in 1996. For the next two years, he would participate in nearly a dozen critical situations before a wound sustained in the line of duty made him ineligible to continue in S.W.A.T.

In late 1998, Raven was promoted to Detective and put in the Robbery/Homicide Division. It would be here that Raven would have his first experience in the world of the supernatural.

Ghouled against his will, 1999

In April of 1999, Raven was put in charge of investigating a string of bizarre murders in which the victims’ bodies were severely mutilated. Through his investigation, he came across a man named Martin Bradley who Raven was able to tie to every one of the victims. Believing that Bradley was the killer, Raven had him brought in and interrogated. Upon the arrival of Bradley’s lawyer, Raven was called into his Captain’s office and told that the mayor’s office had called and that he was, in no uncertain terms, to drop the matter.

Raven couldn’t do that, however, and continued to hound Bradley until he finally learned the truth. As he was coming out of a bar one night, Raven was ambushed and attacked by Bradley who was, as it turned out, a Tzimscie priest in service to the Archbishop of Miami. Raven was taken to Bradley’s liar, a large mausoleum in a nearby graveyard and held captive. It was there that Bradley, seeing Raven’s ferocity  remain unabated even as he revealed his true nature, decided to give Raven a choice: accept the Embrace or die.

Raven chose death rather over becoming a monster like Bradley, but in his cruelty Bradley decided to turn Raven into a ghoul instead. His intent had been to enslave Raven using the blood bond, forcing him to spent the remainder of his life in service to the very monster he hated. However, before Bradley could complete the ritual Raven managed to escape and shortly afterward fled Miami.

A New Orleans Love Story, 2002

For the next three years, Raven would travel across the country searching for information about Vampires, but despite his efforts he continued to remain largely ignorant of their world. One day, he heard about another series of murders, this time in New Orleans, which mirrored the ones committed by Martin Bradley in Miami. He arrived in New Orleans in December of 2002, taking a job as a bodyguard at a local security firm and conducting his own investigation during his off time.

A few weeks into 2003, his investigation had turned up nothing. He was given the task of protecting a woman by the name of Xuxa LaRoche who feared that she was being stalked.

From the first time they met, Raven was utterly smitten with her and the two began to see each other socially.  Though he was in love, he couldn’t stop looking into the mysterious murders and slowly, Xuxa wore him down enough that one day he told her everything. He’d half expected her to call him crazy and end the relationship, but she simply listened. She grew worried as he explained the similarities between those killings and the ones in Miami.

She then revealed the truth that she was also a Vampire and she had known what he was from the moment they had first met. Xuxa was a Ventrue ancilla and her sired by the Ventrue Primogen for the city of New Orleans.

She explained that if anyone found out about their love, that her sire would likely kill them both, but neither could end it. Despite the danger, the two continued to grow closer, Xuxa taught him more and more about the Vampire world. Raven learned of her clan, the

Ventrue, and of the Camarilla and the Sabbat. Miami, she had explained, was a Sabbat stronghold where beings like Martin Bradley could kill with impunity. But if Martin Bradley was in New Orleans, as Raven suspected, it could only mean that the Sabbat were making a play to take over the city.

Xuxa knew that they had to warn someone, but since she had broken the Masquerade it would mean both of their deaths. So instead, the two began to hunt for Martin Bradley by themselves. Eventually they found him working out of another mausoleum and confronted him. It turned out that Bradley was alone, having been ostracized from the Sabbat for letting Raven escape. In the ensuing fight, Raven was severely injured but finally able to kill him while Xuxa held Bradley in place with her gaze.

The Embrace and early unlife, 2003-2007

Following the fight, Raven fell to the ground. He was bleeding out from several wounds he’d sustained and Xuxa knew that his death was inevitable. So she did the only thing she could do and Embraced him as her progeny. Raven began his unlife as a Ventrue in early

February of 2003. Following his Embrace, Xuxa took the ashes of Martin Bradley to the Prince, telling him that with Raven’s help she had foiled a Sabbat plot. With this boon, she was able to justify Raven’s continued existence to both the Prince and her father.
Raven lived with Xuxa for the next four years as she guided him through the beginning of his unlife. His lifelong athleticism and combat experience manifested in his unlife with an unusually high level of fortitude as well as a burgeoning talent for presence and domination, which coupled with his interrogation experience made him very capable when it came to intimidating others. In 2007, Raven was officially presented to the court of New Orleans and accepted as a neonate.

He continued his relationship with Xuxa for another year before she decided that it was time for him to go his own way and make his own name. Hurt deeply, Raven could not help but accept her decision and left New Orleans.

San Francisco, 2007-Present

In late 2007, Raven arrived in San Francisco and presented himself to the Brujah Prince Gabriel. As a neonate, he was kept away from much of the court politics. However, when a group of Sabbat attempted to take the city, Raven volunteered to fight alongside the Sheriff. He acquitted himself well during the battle and was rewarded handsomely by the Prince. Raven has remained a member of the court of San Francisco for the last six years and enjoys good relations with the Prince. He is staunchly loyal to the Camarilla and his clan and keeps in frequent contact with his Sire even though they are not together. Lately, however, Raven has begun to wonder if he might do better in another city.

Vampyre Valkyrie

*giggles* wooo 3 sheets...will check them once I get my little buddies fever to break

|

RubySlippers

I did some tweaking but the character is essentially the same.  ;D

Harmony

Character Sheet

Name:Madison Bartelli
Nature:Manipulator
Clan:Brujah
Player:Harmony
Demeanor: Deviant
Generation:10th
Chronicle:
Concept: Cat Burglar
Sire: Caleb Castele

Attributes:

Physical: 

Strength: ****                  

Social:

Charisma:**
Appearance:**

Mental:

Intelligence:**
Wits:***

Abilities:

Talents:    

Alertness:**                        
Athletics:**                           
Awareness:**            
Brawl: ***                  
Empathy:               
Expression:                        
Intimidation:**            
Leadership:                        
Streetwise:**                  
Subterfuge:                        

Skills:

Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:**
Larceny:**
Melee:***
Performance:
Stealth:*
Survival:*

Knowledges:

Academics:**
Computer:**
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:*
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:
Technology:

Advantages:

Disciplines:
Celerity*
Presence*
Potence**

Backgrounds:
Generation ***
Resources ***
Influence Underworld **

Virtues:
Self-Control:**
Courage:***

Humanity:***** (5)
Health:
Willpower:**** (4)
Weakness:
Blood Pool:************* (13)
Experience:

Flaws:
Repelled by cross 3pt flaw

Merits:
Lucky 3pt merit

Freebies-
Lucky merit 3pt/ the 3pt flaw cancels this cost
Potence 7pt
Willpower 1pt
Influence Underworld 2pts
Resources 1pt
Stealth 2pts
Melee 2pts

Character Biography:

Madison can be extremely wicked and cruel, feels best when causing others discomfort or pain. She has an extremely manipulative demeanor and will do whatever she must to obtain the things she desires. Sex is the one act she finds actual physical pleasure and even more so if their is pain involved.

She grew up on the streets of San Francisco, CA a runaway by the age of thirteen when her step daddy decided she was cuter than dear ole mom. He was promptly impaled with a large kitchen knife, and Desiree grabbed some clothes and never turned back. She hung with some local bikers who’s ole ladies took care of her for a couple years before most of them were arrested in a raid, she made it out the back window just in time to run off in the night.

She stayed here and there and over the next few years learned to become one of the most hunted cat burglars in CA. At 22 the heat had become more than she could take fleeing the state she traveled through Nevada hooking up with the Man who would become her sire, lover, and mentor until 2012, at which time him met with an untimely death, and she came to find her anger, hate, and wicked thoughts had grow to huge levels finding pleasure in others misery.

She is used to being on her own and keeping up a wall of protection, however eternity is along time to go it alone.

Finite True

I might need a little more information on what "Base Creation Points" means. I kind of haven't played tabletop games since a gazillion reboots and updates ago.

Athos

Quote from: Finite True on July 30, 2013, 05:17:48 PM
I might need a little more information on what "Base Creation Points" means. I kind of haven't played tabletop games since a gazillion reboots and updates ago.

Hey Finite, so Vampyre Valkyrie asked me to see if I could shed some light on your question since she’s been bogged down with a few things. I’m no expert, but after taking a look in the rule book I've come up with a very basic explanation of how you can choose your abilities and attributes.

Basically what you’re referring to as base creation points are the numerical values that you assign to different traits that allow you to make up the basic stats of your character. These various stats are broken down into the categories of Attributes and Abilities both of which I’m going to outline below.

Attributes:

Attributes are defined by the rulebook as “the natural abilities and raw capabilities a character is made of.” There are three categories of attributes: Physical, Social and Mental. And in each of these categories, there are three specific traits:

•   Physical which includes strength, dexterity and stamina
•   Social which includes charisma, manipulation and appearance
•   Mental which includes perception, intelligence and wits

Every character starts with a minimum of one dot (or * in the case of our character sheets) in each trait. From there, you have to prioritize each category of attributes (ie. Physical, Social, Mental etc.) as primary, secondary and tertiary. For whichever category you choose as your primary, you are allowed to add an additional seven dots between the three traits. For the category you choose to be secondary, you can add an additional five dots. For the category you choose as tertiary, you can add an additional three dots. As a warning, most GM’s in my experience do not allow starting characters to have any more than four dots in any trait at the beginning.

Once you have decided on your attributes, you then move on your selecting your abilities.

Abilities:

Abilities are also divided into three categories: Talents, Skills and Knowledges. Talents can be described as abilities that are intuitive. Skills are abilities learned through training and practice and Knowledges are the things you can learn in a book. In each of these categories there are ten specific traits which you can see listed below:

Talents:          Skills:         Knowledges:

Alertness:                Animal Ken:         Academics:
Athletics:                 Drive:         Computer:
Awareness:               Etiquette:               Finance:
Brawl:                      Firearms:               Investigation:
Empathy:                  Larceny:               Law:
Expression:              Melee:         Medicine:
Intimidation:             Performance:      Occult:
Leadership:              Stealth:         Politics:
Streetwise:               Survival:              Science:
Subterfuge:                        Crafts:         Technology:

Like attributes, you priorities each category of your abilities as either primary, secondary or tertiary but unlike the attributes you do NOT start out with any dots. For the category that you choose to be primary you can assign thirteen dots. For the category you choose to be secondary, you can assign nine and the tertiary category gets give. Also, generally none of the abilities can be raised beyond three dots during character creation.

Hopefully this helps you get started. If you find your need more explanation as you continue on in character creation, don't hesitate to ask. If I know the answer, or know where to find it, I'll be happy to answer.

Finite True

Thanks. it makes a little more sense, now. I'll rethink my character design and get right on this.

PhantomPistoleer

I've lost interest in the game.  Please subtract me from the Malkavian tally.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Harmony

So if using Vampire the Masquerade its-

Attributes- 7/5/3  (along with the one dot in each already added)
Abilities- 13/9/5
Disciplines- 3 points to place as you wish upon your in clan disciplines
Backgrounds- 5 points
Virtues- 7 points to split between Conscience, Self control and Courage. (these each have a dot already on them free)
-Conscience and Self Control added together will work out your Humanity score
-Your courage rating works out your starting Willpower score.

Blood Pool: This is calculated by the characters Generation.
13th =BP of 10
12th = BP of 11
11th = BP of 12
10th = BP of 13
9th = BP of 14

you can take up to 7 points in flaws. (for each point you take you get that many points to add to your freebies)
Merits cost freebie points and can have max of 7 points spent on Merits generally but up to the one in charge.

cost to place freebie points in each catagory
-I think Vampire the Masquerade freebie amount is 15 points to distribute wherever but won't say that is 100% accurate.
Attribute - 5 Freebies per dot
Ability - 2 Freebies per dot
Discipline - 7 Freebies per dot
Background - 1 Freebies per dot
Virtues - 1 Freebies per dot
Humanity - 1 per dot
Willpower - 1 per dot

Just thought I'd add to Athos post hope that's okay. If anything here is not accurate well then give me a good spanking later.

RubySlippers

Snickerz

I can honestly say.... Without hesitation I think I'm more confused than I was.  ???

And admittedly I was already a bit confused.

RubySlippers

Do it step by step then.

Okay what concept is your character as in how does she themselves?

What clan would you like to be?

How strong in your generation you can be 9th (most powerful allowed in blood strength to 13th and 14th or 15th with a Flaw)?  13th is standard.

We can go from there.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Thanks for helping explain stuff guys (Athos, Harm, and Ruby)....The kid has been super sick....I've been trying to get myself to a steady place in an rp that took a VERY unexpected turn...I myself just realised not more the 15 minutes ago that I myself have a fever, and to top it all off my bf may have to go back in for his 3rd surgery this year.

I promise that tomorrow I'm going to sit down, read the entire thread again (to refresh my brain) and comment/reply where needed. I apprisiate you all being patient with me, and staying interested :D Once I get the game started things will run a lot more smoothly (I just suck at planning right now.)

|

Snickerz

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 31, 2013, 05:28:05 PM
Do it step by step then.
Okay what concept is your character as in how does she themselves?
What clan would you like to be?
How strong in your generation you can be 9th (most powerful allowed in blood strength to 13th and 14th or 15th with a Flaw)?  13th is standard.
We can go from there.

She's a Tremere,
Ok, since I've never played the game. I will probably want to be a younger generation, I mean in theory that would limit my knowledge so I could more learn as I go.

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 31, 2013, 05:42:22 PM
Thanks for helping explain stuff guys (Athos, Harm, and Ruby)....The kid has been super sick....I've been trying to get myself to a steady place in an rp that took a VERY unexpected turn...I myself just realised not more the 15 minutes ago that I myself have a fever, and to top it all off my bf may have to go back in for his 3rd surgery this year.
I promise that tomorrow I'm going to sit down, read the entire thread again (to refresh my brain) and comment/reply where needed. I apprisiate you all being patient with me, and staying interested :D Once I get the game started things will run a lot more smoothly (I just suck at planning right now.)

Real life comes first.

RubySlippers

Okay that means an occult background or one the characters clan would find useful for a concept here are some ideas:

Conspiracy Theorist
Occultist
Witch
Internet Pagan
Satanist
Horror Author (hint she would know something is going on)
Wealthy Scholar
Archeologist
Fringe Scientist
Alchemist
Former Ghoul (idea you were a Tremere ghoul and made into a clan member)
Outcast (take the merit Magic Resistant your sire made you but you cannot use Thaumaturgy, clan treats you as useless)
Street Cultist
Cult Icon (you are building a cult around you)
Voodoo Priestess
Seer
etc.

If you look at my character my character sees herself as a classic Hammer Films (1960's and 1970's) bad movie vampires and she is built around that. So your concept determines the rest of the character. Say your an Internet Occult Site Owner she would be good in computers, craft (design sites) and likely things to help that.

Snickerz

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 31, 2013, 06:18:57 PM
Okay that means an occult background or one the characters clan would find useful for a concept here are some ideas:

Conspiracy Theorist
Occultist
Witch
Internet Pagan
Satanist
Horror Author (hint she would know something is going on)
Wealthy Scholar
Archeologist
Fringe Scientist
Alchemist
Former Ghoul (idea you were a Tremere ghoul and made into a clan member)
Outcast (take the merit Magic Resistant your sire made you but you cannot use Thaumaturgy, clan treats you as useless)
Street Cultist
Cult Icon (you are building a cult around you)
Voodoo Priestess
Seer
etc.

If you look at my character my character sees herself as a classic Hammer Films (1960's and 1970's) bad movie vampires and she is built around that. So your concept determines the rest of the character. Say your an Internet Occult Site Owner she would be good in computers, craft (design sites) and likely things to help that.

So this their main foundation then? What all their points are based off? The dot deals that come in later I mean. So here is where I'd have to decide where exactly I wish the character to go. I can do that, course I'll have to think of that one for a while. Weigh all the options and what not.

Robelwell202

This stuff's so confusing...   I might need Valk to walk me through the process.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

AndyZ

I can try to work with someone via a messenger program if they have one as well as the book.

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 31, 2013, 06:43:37 PM
This stuff's so confusing...   I might need Valk to walk me through the process.

Yeah. I'm kinda seeing how not playing the game is a disadvantage... But it's all good. :-) Gives everyone something to do while we wait. *nods*

RubySlippers

Well for the Tremere might I recommend a modern concept: Technologist (you love technology and were brought into the clan to add the new ideas by progressives) something at least along those lines. There must be a Path that uses tech in the clan by now. Picture it a App familiar, 3D magical cyberdecks and all the cool stuff.

Snickerz

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 31, 2013, 06:54:41 PM
Well for the Tremere might I recommend a modern concept: Technologist (you love technology and were brought into the clan to add the new ideas by progressives) something at least along those lines. There must be a Path that uses tech in the clan by now. Picture it a App familiar, 3D magical cyberdecks and all the cool stuff.

Yeah, technology may be the best way to go, always more to go on there, and it sounds fun. haha.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Snickerz on July 31, 2013, 06:59:19 PM
Yeah, technology may be the best way to go, always more to go on there, and it sounds fun. haha.

Here you go a path for thaumaturgy you should consider.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Path_of_Technomancy

Rituals could offer lots of options to abuse this further.

Snickerz

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 31, 2013, 07:18:37 PM
Here you go a path for thaumaturgy you should consider.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Path_of_Technomancy

Rituals could offer lots of options to abuse this further.

Damn there's a lot of stuff on this game. That looks really cool. I love the telecommute. :-)
I think I may actually go with that, but when I get a bit more down time I'll do some snooping.

RubySlippers

Well basic chain of command as a newly minted Tremere your everyone else that matters little bitch, but you can only go up. Your the bottom of a Pyramid the top is well the Top its a long way up.

My character will like you she can't afford to be picky.  :D

Snickerz

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 31, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
Well basic chain of command as a newly minted Tremere your everyone else that matters little bitch, but you can only go up. Your the bottom of a Pyramid the top is well the Top its a long way up.

Lmao... I think I could handle that. Especially being completely new to the game.

Imogen

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 31, 2013, 09:41:20 PM

The Tremere are not known for sharing knowledge of their ranks with outsiders, so her position within the pyramid should not matter to anyone outside of Clan Tremere. And for a Caitiff, befriending a Tremere is not being "not picky"; In Camarilla terms, where the two are more likely to meet than within the Chantry Halls, it's the Caitiff that are anyone's bitch. And yeah, that includes a very young member of Clan Tremere, who consider themselves one of the pillars of the Camarilla.

Not saying anyone should play it as such. To each their own. Just that Clan Tremere is something I do enjoy playing so thought I'd clear up a misconception ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Snickerz

Quote from: Imogen on July 31, 2013, 11:15:56 PM
The Tremere are not known for sharing knowledge of their ranks with outsiders, so her position within the pyramid should not matter to anyone outside of Clan Tremere. And for a Caitiff, befriending a Tremere is not being "not picky"; In Camarilla terms, where the two are more likely to meet than within the Chantry Halls, it's the Caitiff that are anyone's bitch. And yeah, that includes a very young member of Clan Tremere, who consider themselves one of the pillars of the Camarilla.

Ok so, as a Termere, If I answered to anyone it'd be the other two Tremere's of my clan then?

Imogen

Quote from: Snickerz on July 31, 2013, 11:19:08 PM
Ok so, as a Termere, If I answered to anyone it'd be the other two Tremere's of my clan then?

I'm always thrilled to see someone take on a Tremere!

For Tremere, it's Clan first, Sect second and person last. So yeah. I am not sure but I expect the GM's will provide for a regent (the leader of the Chantry), who is practically the decision maker for that area. Normally, it's expected that a lower ranked character defers to the higher ranked apprentice and treats those older and wiser with the respect they deserve. After all, their betters decided they earned that position.

But it'd go a bit far to go into clan politics which can be diverse and very entertaining, or non-existant, depending on the game set-up and the amount of Tremere in game.

While Clan Tremere holds strict to its own hierarcy, it still functions within the Camarilla.

This means that members of Clan Tremere are subject to the same chain of command as the other kindred. Prince, Seneschal, Sheriff, Scourge, Keeper of Elysium;  you don't want to piss them off. Then there are the Clan Primogen: these are the kindred that represent their clans, and it's safe to assume those dudes earned their position.

I hope you will enjoy playing your Tremere :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

RubySlippers

I did break the Tremere power chain once I played a Tremere whose young and stupid Sire didn't realize she was Magic Resistant since she couldn't use Thaumaturgy at all the clan left her alone, where she focused on the two Disciplines she could use. Basically she was no good to anyone in the Clan so made her haven and was a social flower of the clan. Made a good rep brokering work for clanless and independent clans with the Camarilla power structure.

Was fun she broke the mold.

Imogen

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 31, 2013, 11:43:11 PM
I did break the Tremere power chain once I played a Tremere whose young and stupid Sire didn't realize she was Magic Resistant since she couldn't use Thaumaturgy at all the clan left her alone, where she focused on the two Disciplines she could use. Basically she was no good to anyone in the Clan so made her haven and was a social flower of the clan. Made a good rep brokering work for clanless and independent clans with the Camarilla power structure.

Was fun she broke the mold.

Oh sure, if the GM allows it, it can be done. You can have a Brujah that never loses her temper, you can have a Toreador that never falls in trance, you can have a Nosferatu with rugged good looks, sound amount of dots in obfuscate and false reflection and have her become a succesful runway model, you can have a Malkavian whose only derangement is that he believes he is normal .....  Basically, you can kick any clan flaw to kingdom come. If the GM allows it, anything can be done.

But that doesn't mean it has anywhere near general acceptance.

Still, if the GM accepts it...*shrug*
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Nicolae

I've got a Nosferatu voyeur character that I'd love to use. It doesn't look like many people are going Sewer Rat on this one.
O/O   Ideas

RubySlippers

Quote from: Imogen on August 01, 2013, 03:19:03 AM
Oh sure, if the GM allows it, it can be done. You can have a Brujah that never loses her temper, you can have a Toreador that never falls in trance, you can have a Nosferatu with rugged good looks, sound amount of dots in obfuscate and false reflection and have her become a succesful runway model, you can have a Malkavian whose only derangement is that he believes he is normal .....  Basically, you can kick any clan flaw to kingdom come. If the GM allows it, anything can be done.

But that doesn't mean it has anywhere near general acceptance.

Still, if the GM accepts it...*shrug*

Well the clan weakness was there, and there were social consequences she was socially above a ghoul and under an Apprentice with no chance to go up in the clan. Even a Ventrue that opts out of blending finances and opts to live on their own as long as they respect one custom aiding another Ventrue when asked - they could still go up. Hell most clans you are not locked into a hierarchy really save the Tremere.

And to be technical being in a hierarchy is not required there are Tremere Anarchs after all and they could just tell the clan to Bugger Off, the one step blood bond would only kick in of one of the Seven showed up and decided to invoke it a local Primogen has no such authority and even Camarilla Law doesn't demand you obey clan leaders.

Imogen

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 01, 2013, 07:55:35 AM
Well the clan weakness was there, and there were social consequences she was socially above a ghoul and under an Apprentice with no chance to go up in the clan. Even a Ventrue that opts out of blending finances and opts to live on their own as long as they respect one custom aiding another Ventrue when asked - they could still go up. Hell most clans you are not locked into a hierarchy really save the Tremere.

And to be technical being in a hierarchy is not required there are Tremere Anarchs after all and they could just tell the clan to Bugger Off, the one step blood bond would only kick in of one of the Seven showed up and decided to invoke it a local Primogen has no such authority and even Camarilla Law doesn't demand you obey clan leaders.

But we are discussing Clan Tremere.

Camarilla Law - Clan Loyalty/Tremere Hierarchy = two different things.

Also, it is very true a Tremere won't have to obey orders from the Ventrue Primogen, but unless she is very well respected kindred with a lot more prestige than this city council member she'd better take damn good care to be as cautious and respectful about refusing reasonable requests. Unless of course you like to be ripped apart by the harpies. No one likes an upstart neonate who doesn't pay proper respect to their elders. Unless, of course, you are playing an Anarch game and the leaders just go hulk-smash on the silly young vampire. The Camarilla's ways of making the younger listen to their elders may be less blatantly violent, but no less brutal.

Also, the Clan Hierarchy is indoctrinated into the newly embraced. That means a state of mind that doesn't require one of the seven. I mean, really.... requiring one of the seven's presence to invoke the tremere hive mind??? Well, that'd be quick fail, wouldn't it? I seriously doubt Whitewolf would have bothered to write the Tremere as they have, if the caveat was "but only if one of the seven is present to enforce it".

Still, I do agree there are exceptions to every rule and that they can be fun to play.

However, in this case we were answering to a new player's questions about Clan Tremere.

In my opinion, and that is just my opinion, when a player just starts out learning a system (or in this case, a clan), it is better to start explaining the general consensus. Basics first. Exceptions/outcasts etc. should be played once a firm understanding is in place. That's not what we're talking about here.

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

RubySlippers

Well I would say the new player should side with the Progressives in that Tremere "secret society" that one is no secret or largely not an issue its built in associates and work up the chain of command being different. Different as in serve the clan but forging a modern technology path and innovations in those areas.

She just needs to avoid the Traditionalists and pissing them off who are most of the serious Elders especially in the Old World.  ;D

Imogen

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 01, 2013, 09:16:38 AM
Well I would say the new player should side with the Progressives in that Tremere "secret society" that one is no secret or largely not an issue its built in associates and work up the chain of command being different. Different as in serve the clan but forging a modern technology path and innovations in those areas.

She just needs to avoid the Traditionalists and pissing them off who are most of the serious Elders especially in the Old World.  ;D

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree :-)

As long as everyone is having fun, it's all good.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Vampyre Valkyrie

*Waves* I'll be reading over this stuff soon. Need to make sure my kid eats and stuff.

Quote from: Calrond on August 01, 2013, 05:14:07 AM
I've got a Nosferatu voyeur character that I'd love to use. It doesn't look like many people are going Sewer Rat on this one.
The Prince is a sewer rat dear, as is my PC...and another one that hasn't been submitted yet. I also have a bevy of Nos NPC's due to parts of the manditory read post that will be going up when the game starts :D We could always use more Nos.

As far as the whole tremere elietest stuff goes....I've seen it played to the extreme before. I'd just like my players to keep in mind that I want them to interact outside their clan. I understand that much like the ventrue, tremere have their own hirearchy and stuff, but much like Imogen said...everyone still has to deal with the Camarilla hirearchy. As long as people are having fun that's what matters....but make sure to interact with one another.

Now...to comment on Ruby's mention of Ventrue going against the "clan norm" I have a story to add. My first, and only, ventrue character went by the name of Alora, who was Primogen. She was the most disliked ventrue by the rest of the clan (excluding the other's from the brood she was from, and even some of them didn't like her.) 99% of the time she spent her evenings with a Brujah (Follower of Set...he actually worshiped Set) Anarch on Path of Ecstacy. She would get wasted on Setite drugs then go to court (in ripped jeans, converse, a tshirt, and blazer jacket.) Sit in clan meetings with headphones in listening to said Brujah's satilite radio station and drink from her flask (that had setite wine in it) throughout the meetings.

She HATED that she was ventrue, but her profession was lawyer, and she was good at what she did. Which in the end, is what got her sired. While the clan may have hated her and wanted her killed, they never did it. 'Why?' you might ask seeing as how big of a fuckup she sounds like she would have been. Because at the end of the day...she knew were her loyalties were, with her clan. She would have bent over backwards for clan Ventrue, because they were her clan. She ended up with a higher rank in the ventrue ranking system too, I just can't remember what.

So. I guess what I was trying to say with that story is you can go against the "clan norm" and still make it work within the clan. As long as you are good at what you do, do what you want. (That was Alora logic)

|

RubySlippers

Well clan norm is mutable the Brujah have mostly fighters but also scholars, social butterflies and computer hackers that can be said about all the clans even the Tremere they seem to get new ideas and ways can be added if the clan is respected adding technology magic seems to me necessary since its so important now to be able to use it daily. So figured its one of those cases the older guard are not happy, the young guard are going don't be afraid its all a kind of blood magic and the normal differences in the generations.

Harmony

I sure hope I am not the only Brujah  :-[ amongst Tremere lol

RubySlippers

Just do this take Clan Prestige (Progressives) 1 Dot, the traditional old time Warlocks will have issues but who cares the ones that are the forward thinkers will find you a good ally and to the clan the two outlook secret societies are not so secret. Two paths to power and all that the old ways and screw that it the modern age - I want my laptop!

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Harmony on August 01, 2013, 05:23:57 PM
I sure hope I am not the only Brujah  :-[ amongst Tremere lol
There will be Brujah NPC's, so you won't be completely alone even if there are no PC's.

|

Red Woman

Hi Vampire Valkyre,

One of the reasons I was looking for a roleplaying site was to look for a VtM rp. Since I got approved yesterday, you're the first I want to address.
A friend of mine told me a lot about VtM and I totally got excited about it, but have to say, never played it, don't know the rules yet etc.
I did download some books to look stuff up, also noticed a sheet to fill in and send to you.
Have been thinking about a character though, but not quite there yet. It will definitely be a Brujah.
First question: Would you accept someone who needs to learn yet?
If so: can you tell me how many points I can divide between all the attributes, abilities and advantages, then I can start on my character.
Can you also tell me if you'd mind and how I could contact you directly (I'm new on E as well), in that way I can ask my questions on the game directly.
Hope to hear from you.
Cheers,
Red

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Red Woman on August 02, 2013, 08:00:16 AM
Hi Vampire Valkyre,

One of the reasons I was looking for a roleplaying site was to look for a VtM rp. Since I got approved yesterday, you're the first I want to address.
A friend of mine told me a lot about VtM and I totally got excited about it, but have to say, never played it, don't know the rules yet etc.
I did download some books to look stuff up, also noticed a sheet to fill in and send to you.
Have been thinking about a character though, but not quite there yet. It will definitely be a Brujah.
First question: Would you accept someone who needs to learn yet?
If so: can you tell me how many points I can divide between all the attributes, abilities and advantages, then I can start on my character.
Can you also tell me if you'd mind and how I could contact you directly (I'm new on E as well), in that way I can ask my questions on the game directly.
Hope to hear from you.
Cheers,
Red

Character Creation
Attributes:

Attributes are defined by the rulebook as “the natural abilities and raw capabilities a character is made of.” There are three categories of attributes: Physical, Social and Mental. And in each of these categories, there are three specific traits:

•   Physical which includes strength, dexterity and stamina
•   Social which includes charisma, manipulation and appearance
•   Mental which includes perception, intelligence and wits

Every character starts with a minimum of one dot (or * in the case of our character sheets) in each trait. From there, you have to prioritize each category of attributes (ie. Physical, Social, Mental etc.) as primary, secondary and tertiary. For whichever category you choose as your primary, you are allowed to add an additional seven dots between the three traits. For the category you choose to be secondary, you can add an additional five dots. For the category you choose as tertiary, you can add an additional three dots. As a warning, most GM’s in my experience do not allow starting characters to have any more than four dots in any trait at the beginning.

Once you have decided on your attributes, you then move on your selecting your abilities.

Abilities:

Abilities are also divided into three categories: Talents, Skills and Knowledges. Talents can be described as abilities that are intuitive. Skills are abilities learned through training and practice and Knowledges are the things you can learn in a book. In each of these categories there are ten specific traits which you can see listed below:

Talents:          Skills:         Knowledges:

Alertness:                Animal Ken:         Academics:
Athletics:                 Drive:         Computer:
Awareness:               Etiquette:               Finance:
Brawl:                      Firearms:               Investigation:
Empathy:                  Larceny:               Law:
Expression:              Melee:         Medicine:
Intimidation:             Performance:      Occult:
Leadership:              Stealth:         Politics:
Streetwise:               Survival:              Science:
Subterfuge:                        Crafts:         Technology:

Like attributes, you priorities each category of your abilities as either primary, secondary or tertiary but unlike the attributes you do NOT start out with any dots. For the category that you choose to be primary you can assign thirteen dots. For the category you choose to be secondary, you can assign nine and the tertiary category gets give. Also, generally none of the abilities can be raised beyond three dots during character creation.

I'll PM you with my messenger info

|

MasterOfMyFate

Hello Vampyre Valkyrie (love the huntress image),

I have been gone from Elliquiy for quite awhile and I am curious if I could join this rp as to reestablish myself back into this site? I LOVE the game VtM: Bloodlines and would like to immerse myself more into the WoD version of Vampire. Willing to take in a Venture or Malkavian? (Those were the two roles I am interested in. I usually played Malkavian in the game)
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on August 03, 2013, 12:14:09 AM
Hello Vampyre Valkyrie (love the huntress image),

I have been gone from Elliquiy for quite awhile and I am curious if I could join this rp as to reestablish myself back into this site? I LOVE the game VtM: Bloodlines and would like to immerse myself more into the WoD version of Vampire. Willing to take in a Venture or Malkavian? (Those were the two roles I am interested in. I usually played Malkavian in the game)
Always willing to take more people!

|

Harmony

*Jumps for joy at the aspect of another Brujah.*  ;D Do we have a possible start date yet, no rush just curious.

RubySlippers

But Brujah suck, well, so do all vampires. lol  :D

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Harmony on August 03, 2013, 07:30:35 PM
*Jumps for joy at the aspect of another Brujah.*  ;D Do we have a possible start date yet, no rush just curious.
I'm working on that. I actually purchaced a laptop yesterday so that I wasn't restricted to what hours I can use the computer. Once it gets here I'm going to start getting things written up in a bit more detail and post them. Now that I can be on whenever I damn well please things will pick up. ;D

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 03, 2013, 08:15:11 PM
But Brujah suck, well, so do all vampires. lol  :)
Brujah are one of my favorite clans personally, but it's because they take me out of my element. I am not a strong person IRL, and they are just big and badass  >:)

|

RubySlippers

Just kidding most caitiff are from Brujah they are cool.  8-)

MasterOfMyFate

Is there a character sheet up that I should take a look at? I have been searching and I could not find one here.

Found it. I feel like an imbecile...
Master ON/OFF

Finite True

Sorry, but I've decided to withdraw. Systems role play just doesn't agree with me these days.

Harmony

My Brujah aren't so much bad asses as much as just asses. lol I like playing a vampire who can walk into a room look around and be like "Mwhaha FTW, lets party biaaatches" haha.

AndyZ

By the way, do we have anyone who's going to set up an Elysium area?

MasterOfMyFate

Few questions:

1. I am trying to make a Venture, what should I know about the class in the case of Advantages and Merits/Flaws/Freebies?

2. How does the Merits/Flaws/Freebies system work exactly? I haven't seen a list of Flaws I could choose from and how many points they add to the total 15.

3. Do I make up the Merits/Flaws?

4. I want my character to be REALLY proficient in Fencing. Can I do that?
Master ON/OFF

AndyZ

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on August 04, 2013, 05:35:30 PM
Few questions:

1. I am trying to make a Venture, what should I know about the class in the case of Advantages and Merits/Flaws/Freebies?

2. How does the Merits/Flaws/Freebies system work exactly? I haven't seen a list of Flaws I could choose from and how many points they add to the total 15.

3. Do I make up the Merits/Flaws?

4. I want my character to be REALLY proficient in Fencing. Can I do that?

You almost certainly want your Ventrue to have a huge number of Backgrounds.  Allies, Contacts, Resources, things like that.  You get 5 background points just for showing up but can buy more with your freebies.

Merits and Flaws themselves start on page 479 of the 20A book.

As far as really proficient, you take 4 points in Melee (buy 3 with your starting points and use 2 freebie points to buy a 4th) and you get a Specialty.  Have that Specialty be fencing.

MasterOfMyFate

Just now knowing that there's a book to reference has drastically made this easier. Thank you.
Master ON/OFF

AndyZ

MasterOfMyFate

What are the limited points I have towards Physical, Social, and Mental?
Master ON/OFF

Harmony

Which ever one you choose to put your 7 points in, one of them will end up with 4dots but on the whole I believe at creation 3dots tends to be the norm in any one slot for those.

However again I could be wrong if they are altering anything.

Vampyre Valkyrie

We aren't altering anything, so what Harmony said is correct.

|

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on August 04, 2013, 03:26:09 PM
By the way, do we have anyone who's going to set up an Elysium area?
Yes, there will be an Elysium...Fear not :D

|

MasterOfMyFate

I'm reading through the source material and I can't find anything referencing a limit towards Backgrounds, Disciplines, and Virtues. Are there?

Just about done with my character.
Master ON/OFF

Vampyre Valkyrie

Awesome, pm it to me when you get it done.

On a side note, my laptop did not get shipped till yesterday (even though I payed for speed delivery.) That being said, it won't get here till most likely tomorrow or Thursday.

|

Marie Reynolds

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2013, 10:32:41 AM
Would Elders be allowed and what about Roads?
Lowest Gen is 9ths...and to you mean Paths?

|

Marie Reynolds

Roads are just the names of them from Dark Ages.

MasterOfMyFate

Am I allowed to establish 5 stars in resources when using the freebie points?
Master ON/OFF

Vampyre Valkyrie

No paths besides humanity to start with. You will have opourtunities to learn them in game.

|

Marie Reynolds

Could reawakening the path from the Fog of eternity after awakening from torpor be acceptable. Also what would be your ruling on generation getting Higher upon awakening from torpor because of how long the torpor was. Also have times guide by the ST staff when Memories return?

Athos

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2013, 04:51:07 PM
Also have times guide by the ST staff when Memories return?

Just throwing my two cents in here, but that sounds like it could be interesting.

Marie Reynolds

Cause I have an old concept for a Carthage Brujah. that I would love to finaly fit into a game.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2013, 04:51:07 PM
Could reawakening the path from the Fog of eternity after awakening from torpor be acceptable. Also what would be your ruling on generation getting Higher upon awakening from torpor because of how long the torpor was. Also have times guide by the ST staff when Memories return?
I'll have to think about Path of Fog, because I've already told others no paths. I also need you to explain what you mean about a higher gen upon awakeing. What Gen were you wanting?

|

AndyZ

Vampyre Valkyrie

Going through sheets again tonight....Got the new laptop in the mail today....uploaded everything and whatnot, but my brain is fried...need to refresh my memory on sheets.

|

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on August 07, 2013, 09:03:57 PM
Going through sheets again tonight....Got the new laptop in the mail today....uploaded everything and whatnot, but my brain is fried...need to refresh my memory on sheets.

I like to let you know that the sheet I turned in is only a rough draft. I'm waiting for outside opinion to see if it's ok or not.
Master ON/OFF

Marie Reynolds

Well to fit into the group an elder that dropped to around 8th or ninth because of Torpor.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 08, 2013, 09:02:37 PM
Well to fit into the group an elder that dropped to around 8th or ninth because of Torpor.
it would have to be 9th since that's the cap

|

Snickerz

I'm sorry to do this sweetness but I think I'm going to have to step down. I got so much going on that I gotta log into E just to remember my name. :/

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Snickerz on August 09, 2013, 01:56:11 AM
I'm sorry to do this sweetness but I think I'm going to have to step down. I got so much going on that I gotta log into E just to remember my name. :/
It's okay hun, if you need to talk I'm here :)

|

Archer2112

Character Sheet

Character picture goes here

Name: Caleb “Tempest” Jackson
Nature: Eye of the Storm
Clan: Brujah
Player: Archer2112
Demeanor: Fanatic
Generation: 11
Chronicle: Vampire Valkyrie’s campaign
Concept: The Insightful Outlaw
Sire: Alexandria Lindros

Attributes:

Physical: 

Dexterity: ****         

Social:

Charisma:****
Appearance:**

Mental:

Intelligence:*

Abilities:

Talents:    

Alertness:   **                     
Athletics:                           
Awareness:   ***         
Brawl:****                  
Empathy:               
Expression:                        
Intimidation:            
Leadership:****                        
Streetwise:***                  
Subterfuge:                        

Skills:

Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:****
Larceny:*
Melee:*
Performance:
Stealth:**
Survival:*

Knowledges:

Academics:*
Computer:
Finance:*
Investigation:***
Law:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:
Technology:**

Advantages:

Disciplines:
Celerity:**
Potence:
Presence:*

Backgrounds:
Generation:**
Contacts:**
Domain: Size/security*/*

Virtues:

Courage:****

Humanity:6
Health:
Willpower:6
Weakness:
Blood Pool:12
Experience:

Flaws:
Clan Enmity: Tremere(4)
Dark Secret(1)
Bad Sight (1)

Merits:
Magic Resistant(2)
Rep (1)

Freebies:15+3 from flaws
Add 1 to Wits (5)
Add 2 to Leadership (4)
Add 1 to Brawl (2)
Add 2 to Investigation(4)
Add 1 Domain background security (1)
Add 2 points to Willpower (2)

Character Biography:

Caleb was born in the West, his father was a cavalry soldier and his mother loved him until the day she died. Caleb spent a lot of time fighting when in his youth as well as learning to ride, shoot, and everything else. Caleb was also a wild kid, often leaving to sleep in the hayloft, or riding to the canyons outside of town. Skipping school was common and he stole from the general store as well.

His father being away meant Caleb was forced to be in charge of himself until he became an adult. Caleb joined the Army but balked often at the rigors of the service. The only time he enjoyed his job was as a scout. However he was upset when the unit slaughtered a camp and raped and killed the women. He abandoned his unit when they rode to fight the Native Americans, disagreeing with the “Indian” wars and actually sympathizing with the local tribes. Still he couldn’t forget the images.

He met his sire, a woman named Alexandra Lindros in a saloon in Dodge City. She was stirring up trouble at a poker game swindling a rich tycoon out of his money. Caleb was unfortunately, attempting to steal the man’s deed records in an attempt to stop the Chinese worker’s oppression in his mines. Caleb was caught but Alexandra was curious and used her persuasion to speak to him. When she learned of his rebellious nature and independent attitude and took him under her wing before turning him into her childer.

Alexandria was a Camerilla and she kept Caleb at her side for many years. Together they spoke out loudly in the halls of Elysium and argued against the plots of the Camerilla against the Sabbat. Preferring a fight to skulking around, but it wasn’t until Caleb had been a vampire long enough to earn a childer that things changed. He sired a vampire who reminded him of himself having earned the right fighting a band of sabbatt in the city. Unfortunately his childer was manipulated by a Tremere to use as bait for another band.

The Tzimice of the Sabbatt, having been stung by Caleb’s assault killed his childer. The Tremere waited until she was gone before striking. Caleb had been held in a council who was judging his recent outbursts and didn’t learn of the attack until it was too late. Feeling rage at the sect, the clans and everyone he stormed out and left the city. He bore his grief over his childer heavily and it was in the Colorado Mountains where he met Gray Eagle. Grey Eagle was a nomadic member of the Cheyenne tribe. Despite realizing there was something strange about him Gray Eagle was accepting and welcomed Caleb.

Time passed and Caleb learned to control his anger to a degree with Gray Wolf’s companionship and spiritual guidance. Caleb never told but he felt Gray Wolf knew what he was and he never pretended differently. Coming out of seclusion Caleb began to fight against the secular warfare that was still going on. First he struck at the Tremere that caused his daughter’s death. Staying out of the main scene he moved using the hunters in the city.

He gave them the information that would give them a chance to strike the Tremere. The details of the deaths were hidden as he waited to ensure none escaped the hunter’s attack. Tempest moved to the ranks of the Anarchs and growing in reputation. Entering a city he often moves against the sects and protecting those who were drawn into the battle between Sabbatt and Camerilla.

The man has become known as a force of nature often causing turmoil in cities where he enters. He is known in many circles and even he is surprised at the rumors surrounding his name. Still many ARE warrented and he is in no hurry to quell his reputation. He acts as a champion for the pawns of the secular war and argues against the Camarilla openly. Caleb has some friends among both sects but he focuses on the person not who they are with. Seeking his path but trying to avoid getting killed. Unfortunately his jump from the Camerilla has reflected poorly on his sire and he knows that a day may come when she meets him.
Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather ~ Robert Jordan

Well, now that we have seen each other, if you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?’ ~ Lewis Carroll

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on August 09, 2013, 02:33:59 AM
It's okay hun, if you need to talk I'm here :)

When I get all the facts of what's going on right now I'll load them on you vampress. :/ Just be prepared it's... Messy.  XD XD

Thanks for understanding. *hugs and kisses*

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Snickerz on August 09, 2013, 11:40:09 AM
When I get all the facts of what's going on right now I'll load them on you vampress. :/ Just be prepared it's... Messy.  XD XD

Thanks for understanding. *hugs and kisses*
o.O Messy huh? Oh boy....and of course I understand...RL before RP.

|

Robelwell202

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Harmony

Do we have a starting day in mind? Yay for the new Brujah and will check back later, hoping we kick this off soon :)

Vampyre Valkyrie

I'm trying to get stuff set up so when we start we start with a bang....I'm hoping to start sometime in the next week or so. I do have a child though, so I get sidetracked sometimes as he is 2 and very high maintinence.

|

Harmony

Aw yes I remember the two's, my youngest is eight now. NP I do understand.

Athos

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on August 10, 2013, 11:46:18 AM
I'm trying to get stuff set up so when we start we start with a bang....I'm hoping to start sometime in the next week or so. I do have a child though, so I get sidetracked sometimes as he is 2 and very high maintinence.

As always, if there's anything that I can do to help make things a little easier on you (gamewise) feel free to give me a shout. :)

Vampyre Valkyrie

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

To all those who still have interest in this game, I must apologize. I'm going to have to pull from running a game for now. The timing ended up not being right for me or my co-gm. My son takes up a good portion of my time, and my co-gm may have to have another surgery (we aren't sure yet.) To those of you who would like me to message you if I plan to start up the game , let me know.

I'm very sorry to have not made the announcement sooner, but I was trying to get stuff settled down so that I could try to run. With recent developments in my co-gm's health, and my son taking up most of my time now(before he would keep himself amused), that doesn't seem like it'll be an option right now though.

|

AndyZ

RubySlippers

I'll keep my character here is someone wants to take over, fine.