Shadowrun 4th Edition Campaign - [registration closed :( ]

Started by Sophina, September 29, 2010, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophina

I should probably make a starting thread where we can post finalized character sheets- which forum do you folks think this would be most appropriately filed under?

yuna0417

Reiji: Binary explosives, time release medical patches,mason jars, disposable cells, wires, nails from walmart, beer/soda cans, ball bearings, plastic tubing in varrying circumferences w/endcaps?

Also yes, it's Kim Possible and Shego in my favorite fan art of them.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Sophina on September 30, 2010, 12:26:41 PM
I should probably make a starting thread where we can post finalized character sheets- which forum do you folks think this would be most appropriately filed under?

It depends on what kind of sex you plan on having in the game.

Sophina

Yuna, if you want to take that approach, please be sure to change the Commercial Explosives specialization under your Demolitions skill to Improvised Explosives, so you get the dice bonus.

And I suppose that is a matter for everyone to discuss and decide upon. I would be fine with anything ranging from no sex to outright debauchery, so it's up to what the players want. ^^

yuna0417

I don't know.  x.x  I'd like to do a mix of Imrov and regular, or is that possible?

ReijiTabibito

Sadly, it's not.  This isn't 3e, where you can have multiple specialties.  You only get 1 in 4E.

yuna0417

I more meant, could she use both improvised and commercial styled demolitions techniques?

ReijiTabibito

You mean, could she use a homemade pipe bomb to blow up one thing, and then C4 to blow up another?  Sure.

Kunoichi

yuna0417

Ashes

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 30, 2010, 11:19:18 AM
Okay, so she'd be taking Physical and Stealth Group skills, and powers like Flexibility, Great Leap, Wall Running, stuff like that?

I'm droping Enhanced Reflexes to 1 and had planed to work some Great Leap in. I hadn't seen flexibility or Wall Running but I like the sound of them! What's the cost/benefits for those?

Quote from: Sophina on September 30, 2010, 11:51:24 AM
And you should feel free to PM Ashes or discuss her build with her here, I'm sure she would appreciate the feedback. ^^

Any or all help is greatly appricated. I found a character generator to save myself from having to work out BP costs myself, so I'll post the basics of the character after I've played around with it a bit more.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Ashes on September 30, 2010, 01:44:24 PM
I'm droping Enhanced Reflexes to 1 and had planed to work some Great Leap in. I hadn't seen flexibility or Wall Running but I like the sound of them! What's the cost/benefits for those?

Okay, first thing before I say anything on costs.  What is your character concept?  Is she, or is she not, meant to be a combat heavy?  By which, I mean, she could be the type to take on three guys by herself and win?  Answer me that first, before you go changing anything.

Flexibility essentially lets you do all those crazy contortionist things that people in the circus do.  Each level gives you a +1 to Escape Artist tests, and costs a quarter of a Power Point.

Wall Running is just like it sounds - you can run up walls or other surfaces.  It costs a whole point, though, and what it lets you do is make a Strength+Running test, and then run up the wall for as many meters as successes you made on the test.

Quote from: Ashes on September 30, 2010, 01:44:24 PM
Any or all help is greatly appricated. I found a character generator to save myself from having to work out BP costs myself, so I'll post the basics of the character after I've played around with it a bit more.

That's a relief to hear...I do need to find that link for the 4E Chargen maker...

Ashes

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 30, 2010, 01:57:02 PM
Okay, first thing before I say anything on costs.  What is your character concept?  Is she, or is she not, meant to be a combat heavy?  By which, I mean, she could be the type to take on three guys by herself and win?  Answer me that first, before you go changing anything.

Nope, she's more focused on getting into places or following people. I want her to be able to do some combat but in her mind three guys are better avoided then fought! Thanks for the info on Flexibility and Wall Running, I particularly like wall running. I'll have to see if I can work that in... then again I'm saying that a lot.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 30, 2010, 01:57:02 PMThat's a relief to hear...I do need to find that link for the 4E Chargen maker...

I'm using http://www.dobberisms.com/sr4cg.php It seems good to me but then I'm a Shadowrun novice!

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Ashes on September 30, 2010, 02:21:28 PM
Nope, she's more focused on getting into places or following people. I want her to be able to do some combat but in her mind three guys are better avoided then fought! Thanks for the info on Flexibility and Wall Running, I particularly like wall running. I'll have to see if I can work that in... then again I'm saying that a lot.

Okay.  Just checking.  How many points in Magic does she have?

Ashes

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 30, 2010, 02:23:46 PM
Okay.  Just checking.  How many points in Magic does she have?

6, putting 4 into Adept and 2 into Spells. I'm thinking of spells like Phantasm and Masks.

ReijiTabibito

Wait.  So you're a Mystic Adept, not just a straight up Adept?  Okay...Improved Reflexes 1 costs 1.5, so what're you doing with the other 2.5?

Ashes

Yeah with a Trickster Spirit Mentor to help those illusion spells. Adept points would be Enhanced Reflexes 1, Astral Perception, Improved Sense Scent, Improve Sense Low Light Vision and maybe Wall Running.

ReijiTabibito

If you're focusing on Illusion Spells, take my advice - go with Moon Maiden instead of Trickster.  Moon Maiden gives you the same +2 to Illusion, and a +2 to Negotiation instead of Con, and replaces that compulsion you need to overcome with a simple -1 to all Combat Spells, which it sounds like you're not doing.

And why exactly are you buying Astral Perception...?  It's not really worth the whole point.

Anathanasia

Quote from: Sophina on September 30, 2010, 12:26:41 PM

Well, I'm interested more in the because of some of the people I saw who'd posted before me and because it's a Shadowrun game. I'm happy to play whether or not the game gets at all sexy, really.

That said, I do like possibilities to be open, and I'd be lying if I said that having my character raped repeatedly and often by strange critters isn't also appealing, hehe. My vote is for NC: Exotic, "just in case".  ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Kunoichi

I suppose I wouldn't be averse to NC: Exotic myself, though I don't see Dancer being raped by anything.  Maybe being the one doing the raping, but she tends to get enough of people screaming and begging her to stop during her 'day job' that it's a bit of a turn-off for her.

Still, it sounds like 'just in case' is a good option for me. ^^

ReijiTabibito

Ana asked me for this in a PM, and given that part of our group are newbies, I thought it better to post here:

http://daegann.free.fr/page.php?id=241

That's the character generator that I use to make my 4E characters.  It's not perfect, it's missing some stuff from other books, but it's got a lot.  And I make a lot of notes, anyway.

Sophina

Alright, I made the game thread at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=84200.0 I put it in bondage because I thought that would be the most extreme thing anyone might want to implement- if it is more or less extreme, we can have a moderator move it later.

Lets keep this thread for OOC, but once you have finalized your character sheet, please post it in the main thread. When we have everyone's we'll go. ^^

Ashes

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 30, 2010, 02:41:32 PMAnd why exactly are you buying Astral Perception...?  It's not really worth the whole point.

Purely for the concept of the character being a sort of mix of an adept and street shaman (I was thinking Racoon there, which let to the trickster, Moon Maiden does have a nicer drawback though). I might drop it, would give me some points for great leap and other fun adept stuff and free up some BP from Assensing, which would be a help.

yuna0417

Quote from: Anathanasia on September 30, 2010, 02:42:48 PM
Well, I'm interested more in the because of some of the people I saw who'd posted before me and because it's a Shadowrun game. I'm happy to play whether or not the game gets at all sexy, really.

That said, I do like possibilities to be open, and I'd be lying if I said that having my character raped repeatedly and often by strange critters isn't also appealing, hehe. My vote is for NC: Exotic, "just in case".  ;)

That's what I like about you! *.*

Personally, i'm fine with alot of stuff happening to my girl, plus, look at the picture, doesn't she just look like stuff needs to happen to her?

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Ashes on September 30, 2010, 02:59:47 PM
Purely for the concept of the character being a sort of mix of an adept and street shaman (I was thinking Racoon there, which let to the trickster, Moon Maiden does have a nicer drawback though). I might drop it, would give me some points for great leap and other fun adept stuff and free up some BP from Assensing, which would be a help.

That's probably for the best.  Especially since Soph has gone on record saying that she's running an Eigen Plot, basically.  You're better off, if you ever get that at all, waiting until you've gotten a grade of Initiation.  Which personally, I'd spend on the Magician aspect rather than the Adept aspect.  Plus, that whole point gets you 4 levels Great Leap.