Sarah seeking a Jareth

Started by Ameilla Barth, October 12, 2012, 01:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ameilla Barth

The Labyrinth

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young girl whose stepmother always made her stay home with the baby. And the baby was a spoiled child, and he wanted everything for himself and the young girl was practically a slave. But what no one knew was the Goblin King had fallen in love with the girl and he had given her certain powers. So one night, when the baby had been particularly cruel to her, she called upon the goblins for help..."

"" Say the right words," the goblins said, " and we will take the baby to Goblin City, and you will be free." But the girl knew that the Goblin King would keep the baby in his castle forever, and ever, and ever, and turn him into a goblin. So the girl suffered in silence. Until one night when she was tired from housework, and she was hurt by the harsh words of her stepmother, and she could no longer stand it..."

"No I mustn't, I mustn't say it..."

"I wish...."

Plot
- It has been four years since Sarah Williams misadventure that almost lost her, her little brother Toby. A misadventure that took her through a labyrinth of mystery, wonder, spells, dreams, poison peaches and a King that had a knack for twisting words and granting wishes. Her world had been turned been turned upside down and took her to places beyond her imagination. It might have been thirteen hours, but in the Underground, time moved in a whole different way that could leave a fifteen year old girl wondering her dreams forever.

- At first her dreams had been plagued by nothing but Jarath and his crystals; her heart racing at the slightest flutter of wings from common birds, expecting to see that familiar owl. But as the years waned on and the young girl grew, her thoughts on the Goblin King and his trickery faded with time. No longer did she find her self in day dreams about the Underground and the Castle she had saved Toby from. Her focus moving more onto things of the Aboveground, like school and eventually college.

-Gradually only the occasional wisp of memory would bring her thoughts back onto that night; the grown young woman no longer waiting for her King. Even still Sarah didn't date much, despite her girlish fantasy forgotten like a lost doll, though suitors seemed eager to ask, they seemed....somehow lacking. Out of the two boyfriends that did manage to get her to say yes, their relationships didn't last; it wasn't their fault. Something had been altered in her that she didn't even realize.

Story
* * The sky rolled with thick gray clouds that seemed to have charged the air with electricity, Sarah having shocked herself on several occasions before, during and after classes, even now the hairs on the nape of her neck couldn't seem to relax as she briskly walked the empty hall of her dorm to her room. Her hands already digging into the front pocket of her jeans as she retrieved her keys. The day had been long, classes all afternoon and then dinner with the family, Toby having insisted upon eating pizza; her now five year old brother having grown up as much a she. Slipping the key into her door a yelp escaped her lips as an electric shock to her finger cause her to drop her keys, irritably gathering them once more to try again, this time finding far more success. "Damn weather.." she breathed, hoping that whatever was causing this spark in the air would go away soon. Her fingers couldn't take any more.

Stepping into her dark room she quickly tossed her messenger back on a near by chair before flipping on a light and locking the door behind, living alone she was cautious about leaving her door unlocked. As the door closed a breeze caught with it, sending her lovely brown strands dancing and a few stray feathers to catch in them. Instantly she turned against the sudden breeze, realizing her window was open as the soft sheer curtains danced at her almost tauntingly. Confused and chilly she quickly dashed across the room to close them, taking her a few moments to notice the soft white feathers that had been ensnared in her hair; her fingers plucking at them with even further confusion. Had she left the window open this morning? She had been sure she closed it before leaving.The delicate lines of fluffy silk twirled between her forefinger and thumb as she thought, her brilliant green eyes glancing about the room as if her answer would be there, and to her astonishment, it was.

The very air around her seemed to still as her gaze fell on a single peach laying on her neatly made bed, a nest of feathers sprinkled around and under it. Feeling as if she were moving in a dream she approached her bed, her lungs seeming to have forgotten how to work though her heart thudded in a dangerous rhythm. Its only fruit - she told herself - I must have left it there. Even as she thought them, she knew those words were a lie. Ever since that evening she had never touched the velvet cased nectar again. Her pale fingers almost trembled as they reached out to touch the fuzzy fruit, her heart hitching as the weight of it brushed her finger tips, making her exhale heavily as her lungs finally came to life. It was real. She wasn't dreaming. Or was she?

Cautiously she lifted the peach, cupping it in her hands, not even rustling the feathers that were like a note left on her bed. Holding it closer the light caught its round lines, catching the light of small specks of glitter that seemed to be spotted on it as if by accident. This couldn't be real. This had to be a dream. If it wasn't - and she was hoping it was - then Jareth had finally found her.   * *

O.O.C.
Well kids, the next step is yours to make.

What I'm seeking is for Jareth to have been bidding his time to see if Sarah would make any more foolish wishes in her time away, hoping in that time if she did, he would at last be able to bring her back to the Underground where he would be able to trap her once and for all. But as the months turned into years, the Goblin King realized that his princess was forgetting about him and the fun adventure he had shown her.  His little precious turning from the snowy white gown wearing teen to a flushing creme and curve covered woman right before his mix-matched eyes. As the fourth year came, Jareth had enough waiting and had enough of being forgotten. The dream making, wish granting King of Goblins was going to make her remember him, remind her of the fun his silver tongue could trick her into. Remind her that words had value and the right ones could give you everything or take it all away.
And even, maybe, show her what magic tasted like.

The person that plays Jareth will need to have an understanding of the English language and the know how to use it. If you are unfamiliar with the movie that this is based off of and you are interested, then please make yourself
familiar with it. I'm not a huge grammar Nazi, but I will not except run on sentences and paragraphs that
resemble garbage. I am also not asking for rape or aggressive force in this plot, though, obviously, trickery and well placed wording is very welcome. Sarah and Jareth are attracted to each other, though Sarah isn't as forth coming about that information as he is, and Jareth tends to show it in unusual ways. For those of you who have seen the movie, you will understand what I mean.

If you play him I want him to be, as always, persistent and resourceful. He is a master of magic and words and I want that to show. So if you think you have what it takes to play the King, then please, your Highness, lets begin.
"I ask so little,....love me,...fear me,...do as I say,...and I will be your slave."

Ameilla Barth

This request is still open and actively looking; thus far no takers.
"I ask so little,....love me,...fear me,...do as I say,...and I will be your slave."

Ameilla Barth