Succubi Academy (Recruitment:Closed for Now)

Started by Aragem, September 22, 2015, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchleaf

I am tentatively interested in this, maybe a student now, maybe a human 'victim' later.

That said, if there is still a spot for a human faculty member (I think you said a limit of two, and I count one at the moment), I would like to claim that position. The character I have in mind would be the religious studies teacher (since succubi need at least a vague understanding of human religions, if only to better seduce the chaste): an ex-priest and powerful semi-immortal demon hunter who lost rather miserably in a fight with a particularly powerful succubus (the headmistress, perhaps?) but instead of being drained to death he was given a job as a teacher. Or something like that, if any of that sounds good. I would play him as a rather cynical, world-weary type who is nonetheless rather content with his job, provided the students and faculty leave him alone.

Fury Aphrodisia

*Every succubus student immediately changes her worst subject to religious studies*
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Zaer Darkwail

Huh? Do succubi have fetish for clergymen in general? Or fetish being spanked by priest?

Anycase not sure of power curve what Aragem allows for humans, but I think lone wolf type of a teacher would not fit so well (my opinion anyways).

Aragem

Quote from: Birchleaf on September 25, 2015, 06:28:09 PM
I am tentatively interested in this, maybe a student now, maybe a human 'victim' later.

That said, if there is still a spot for a human faculty member (I think you said a limit of two, and I count one at the moment), I would like to claim that position. The character I have in mind would be the religious studies teacher (since succubi need at least a vague understanding of human religions, if only to better seduce the chaste): an ex-priest and powerful semi-immortal demon hunter who lost rather miserably in a fight with a particularly powerful succubus (the headmistress, perhaps?) but instead of being drained to death he was given a job as a teacher. Or something like that, if any of that sounds good. I would play him as a rather cynical, world-weary type who is nonetheless rather content with his job, provided the students and faculty leave him alone.

The reason why I allowed the cap to be two was because two players were interested in being human staff at nearly the same time.  Since one player changed his mind, its just down to one and he came up with a pretty solid background to explain why he's here. 

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 25, 2015, 06:47:03 PM
Huh? Do succubi have fetish for clergymen in general? Or fetish being spanked by priest?

Anycase not sure of power curve what Aragem allows for humans, but I think lone wolf type of a teacher would not fit so well (my opinion anyways).

Right.  If your character wants to be left alone, then he's in the wrong place because Succubi are very sexual creatures and are very grabby, especially when the students are hungry. 

As for powers, for right now, it's only going to be the Succubi with powers.  Humans are just humans unless they have some ward for protection and even then it was received from a Succubus. 

Birchleaf

Well, I would be playing the character more for comedy than anything else, actually. The long-suffering priest character that would really rather not be here, but is being ironically punished for his past career of demon hunting. His powers would all be in the past (except an unnaturally long life), in his current state he would be pretty much powerless except for the school wards, which are as much to keep him here as to keep him safe.

That being said, if you do not think that the idea is a good fit, I can of course come up with something else. Or if you think that the idea has potential, but needs refinement, well, it is a very hastily put-together idea. I just thought it would be funny to have a stereotypical priest teaching at a school for succubi and taking his job extremely seriously despite the environment.

Aragem

Quote from: Birchleaf on September 25, 2015, 07:11:22 PM
Well, I would be playing the character more for comedy than anything else, actually. The long-suffering priest character that would really rather not be here, but is being ironically punished for his past career of demon hunting. His powers would all be in the past (except an unnaturally long life), in his current state he would be pretty much powerless except for the school wards, which are as much to keep him here as to keep him safe.

That being said, if you do not think that the idea is a good fit, I can of course come up with something else. Or if you think that the idea has potential, but needs refinement, well, it is a very hastily put-together idea. I just thought it would be funny to have a stereotypical priest teaching at a school for succubi and taking his job extremely seriously despite the environment.

Alright, since you're going for a comedy angle, I'll allow it, but you need to come up with a pretty good reason why he's there in the first place.  Is he hoping to save their souls?  Is he doing it to punish himself for bad deeds in the past?  Etc.  And why the Succubi have allowed him to teach there in the first place instead of wiping his memory?

Aragem

Okay, making an announcement.  We now have two human members on staff.  Putting the cap on only two.  If one of them should change their mind or drop out of the game, then the cap will be lowered to just one. 

The reason for this, as someone said before, is that having 10 humans and only 4 or 5 Succubis defeats the purpose of the game. 

So we still need students and teachers, so even if you don't have a character sheet yet, go ahead and post that you are interested in playing and whether you are going to be a teacher or a student so we can get a head count. 

Many thanks! 

Fury Aphrodisia

Frankly, with the succubi taking things like seduction, etc, and with him having a distinct lack of true faith (Which I'd assume, since these are demonic creatures and it would be pointless to have a class that none of the succubus can enter because of the teacher) you should probably be prepared for a LOT of attention to be focused on him, like snarling wolves pacing around a rabbit in a cage. I would suspect for this reason, that's going to end up being a lot of succubi's worst class, because the draw of him alone (Think of what the "hot" teacher means in a normal high school, times it by thirty for succubus and then times that by ten because we're Elliquiy) is going to be almost overwhelming for hormonal, hungry female demonkind that are naturally geared towards corruption.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Empyrean

I could see Oriana recognizing Mikah's mean-girl traits as the traits her mother demonstrates and being interested in making friends. After all, she knows from experience that mean girls can have nicer sides just from looking at her family. :)

Birchleaf

Name: Father Benedict Venator

Sex: Male

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 160 lbs

Appearance: Green eyes, silver-gray hair with light skin and young-looking features. He wears a serious expression and priestly robes with a cross necklace, but has not shaved his tonsure since he started teaching, so his hair is rather shaggy. The rest of him is hairless, possibly due to a fall in hell acid a few decades back.

Likes: The Church, Latin, theology, books, intelligent conversation, his personal space, succubi ("Wait! No I don't!).

Dislikes: Unprofessional conduct.

Background: Making a career as a particularly clever and slippery hunter and exorcist, Benedict was infamous for his crusades against demons, and his particular ire for succubi. He never killed the sex demons, though, generally banishing them or sealing their powers instead. Tracking one particularly annoying succubus, he followed her to the school where he found out that he had bit off more than he could chew. He was defeated and had his hunting abilities sealed. The succubi wondered what to do to him, as wiping his memories of the school and then releasing him would just mean that he would be back to hunting them within a month, and since he had never actually killed any of them, they did not want to kill him. So, they kept him around while they pondered as to what they should do. In the meantime, they set him to work in the school. The priest soon found out that he actually liked teaching even more than hunting, and getting to know the ‘demons’ made him feel guilty for his cruel treatment of them in the past. Besides, instead of hunting them after the fact, what if he were to cut off the problem at the source by teaching the next generation of sex demons right from wrong?

The succubi, for their part, thought that it would be funny to have the once feared hunter around as a put-upon professor, and even funnier to see him uselessly try to sway their students away from their natures. So they decided to keep him around.

Subject: Human Theology.

Player Preferences: Will pretend to dislike being sexually harassed, but secretly likes it. Granted, that secret the type of secret that he does not know, but literally everyone else does. He is heterosexual celibate. (Yeah. Right.)

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on September 25, 2015, 07:51:06 PM
Frankly, with the succubi taking things like seduction, etc, and with him having a distinct lack of true faith (Which I'd assume, since these are demonic creatures and it would be pointless to have a class that none of the succubus can enter because of the teacher) you should probably be prepared for a LOT of attention to be focused on him, like snarling wolves pacing around a rabbit in a cage. I would suspect for this reason, that's going to end up being a lot of succubi's worst class, because the draw of him alone (Think of what the "hot" teacher means in a normal high school, times it by thirty for succubus and then times that by ten because we're Elliquiy) is going to be almost overwhelming for hormonal, hungry female demonkind that are naturally geared towards corruption.

My thoughts were going in this direction, actually. But I imagine more teasing than actual intercourse, given that the teachers are warded. Unless of course for some reason the ex-priest forgets about said wards...

Capone

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "Human Theology" as Demons would theoretically know more about the afterlife and therefore religion than humans would? Therefore it would be teaching the human angle of theology from a variety of cultures?

[/nitpick]

Birchleaf

Quote from: Capone on September 25, 2015, 08:14:49 PM
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "Human Theology" as Demons would theoretically know more about the afterlife and therefore religion than humans would? Therefore it would be teaching the human angle of theology from a variety of cultures?

[/nitpick]

Eh, maybe. I see your point, although it depends on the nature of demon's in this setting.

agentlemanwithadream

Oh, well, this blew up.

Excuse my laziness, but anybody know if we have less students or teachers? Then I'll fill in my character as the lesser.

Fury Aphrodisia

I think we can all agree they're, on some level, infernal, can't we? Therefore, they'd have an inclination to Luciferian theology inherent, I would think?

Fury Aphrodisia

Frankly, I believe we need more of both. Right now it's three to three, I think, students to teachers? I know there are three sucubi, and three teachers, two mortal, one succubus, and a headmistress, if I'm not mistaken.

Birchleaf

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on September 25, 2015, 08:22:44 PM
I think we can all agree they're, on some level, infernal, can't we? Therefore, they'd have an inclination to Luciferian theology inherent, I would think?

That seems reasonable, but my inclination  would be to them not as beings of pure evil but rather beings of Lust. They are tied to a sin, but not utterly depraved. And perhaps being like God and the Devil are just as much a mystery to them as to us, with demons who think they exist and are gleefully Evil, those that think the same but are depressed by being Evil and reluctant about it, those who think that 'God' and the 'Devil' are just silly stories   and morality is a social construct, and most of them, who do not care.

But eh, what do I know. This is pure speculation.

Aragem

Right now as it stands we have:

3 teachers

4 students

I'm counting those who have posted character sheets.  I know we have more that have expressed an interest, but I'm waiting to see if they provide character sheets to be counted. 

Which makes me realize that I need to make a slight adjustment to character sheets that states whether they are student or teacher at the top.  :P

Okay, made the change.  Anyone that already posted a character sheet, no need to make the change as it just lists what type you are, teacher or student.  Your character sheets are still good unless you want to make any changes later.

Capone

Spoiler-tagged his background, as I, uh... wrote a lot... >.>

Type: Student

Name: Phenex, "Phen" for short

Sex: Male

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 180lb.

Appearance: Light-skinned and very lean. He's not weak by any measure, but is certainly more built for acrobatics than weight lifting. He has a pair of pointed horns at the top of his head that he is often covering with hats or a hood, and wears baggy pants to conceal his demon tail. He does not seem to have sprouted wings, perhaps a "late bloomer". This never bothered him until his time in Hell, where it was evidently a point of mockery.

Likes: Music, primarily heavy metal and rhythm guitar, are his primary loves. He also enjoys reading, and is very curious about "fiction".

Dislikes: He has grown to dislike other incubi, and very much dislikes demon culture altogether. Being of a more humble nature, he cares little for the conceit of others, and demons are awfully conceited. What he despises more than anything, however, are boundaries.

Background
Background: Phenex was born to a demon Anthropologist, or that is the best she can be described, in 1914. Due to the slow aging process of demon children, he has no memory of his life pre-1930's, and the time between the 30's and 50's are awfully fuzzy. He very much recalls having several different sets of fathers, all of which aged much faster than he had. Well, all except for Papa Buford, who struck him with a belt. That was during the... 60's? His mother took him into the bedroom for some "Patty Cake", which normally made Buford happy, but this time... he screamed an awful lot, and afterwards was nothing but ash. His mother seemed incredibly satisfied and had to lay down on the couch for a while.

It was only later that Phenex was made aware of what had happened. By the late 70's and early 80's Phenex was asking questions, such as why he had multiple fathers and they each aged so much, and why he had horns and a tail like mom but they didn't. He knew about Incubi and Succubi, of course. His mother educated him quite thoroughly on the demon realms and Hell since the 50's, but it didn't inform him of everything. In fact, he wasn't aware why she was always gone for such lengths of time, leaving Phenex to the care of her current lovers. She had to explain to him what humans were, that Incubi and Succubi relied on them to survive, and that his mother was spending centuries studying the ever-changing cultures and nature of humans. For this reason, they lived away from other demons, but had to keep Phenex hidden at a remote cabin for his safety.

By the 90's, Phenex was old enough to become antsy. He didn't always have a guardian watching over him, as he was old enough to watch himself. His mother had placed wards around the cabin to ensure no one could get in... or out, limiting how far Phenex could explore. Suffering almost a century of cabin fever and very bored of the self-congratulatory texts of Demon history, Phenex began to explore in and around the house... and found a smaller cabin that belonged to his mother, locked. It took him a while, but he figured out how to unlock it, sneak in and read the many tomes hidden within what turned out to be his mother's private office. He got in trouble the first time, having left plenty of evidence behind, but he broke in repeatedly, taking extra measure to keep everything as it had been. He read about human culture, but he could find no real "starting point". It was a mess trying to figure out their histories, which culture was what, which God they were praying to, and so many other changes and evolutions in what felt like such short spans of time. He got in trouble plenty of times for breaking in, never as sneaky as he believed, and each time his mother became more and more secure.

So finally, in the mid-aughts, Phenex began to research the ward instead. He finally one day broke it, and left to wander human society. He knew enough that he hid his horns and tail, at least, based on his "fathers". However, he wasn't prepared for the cars in the busy streets, or the sheer volume of people, or the noise. He stumbled upon a library after seeking a silent place, using the opportunity to try and find more books on humans. What he found was even more confusing. Books that seemed to contradict belief systems, facts about time periods, and even record events that hadn't happened yet. Little did he know that Phenex discovered "fiction", a concept his mother or fathers had never introduced him to. Fascinated, he chose to wander and find a place where he could sit and watch people. Most eateries and trade locations did not seem to like having a teenager standing around and watching, but he finally found the Mall, a public space filled with people of all kinds. After exploring many stores (and getting many uncomfortable stares as he wandered the women's lingerie store), he stumbled upon the music section. His mother had shared music before, most of it classical, much of it Jazz and Lounge singing, always slow on the uptake of new music. He put on the headphones, sampling different CD's, until finally he stumbled upon something that sounded... incredible to his ears. Mercenary, they were called. Energetic, filled with angry emotion, sadness, melancholy, bittersweet, with percussion and strings that just made you want to jump around, a fusion of singing and screaming that felt... cathartic.

Unfortunately, Phenex was unfamiliar with currency, so as he tried to walk out of the store with the CD's, not even sure how they worked, just that they stored music, he was called out and chased down by security. Enforcement got in touch with his mother, luckily not finding his ears or tail stuffed in his clothing, and after spending a night in the juvenile detention facilities he was reunited with his mother, worried sick. The time home was spent with much lecturing, though he remained silent. After several days of silent sulking, his mother returned with a gift. She had purchased the CD's he tried to stole, as well as purchasing a CD player.

While this helped a bit, he still felt disgusted with his cabin fever. After several more break out attempts, none of them successful, his mother finally decided in 2010 that she had to leave him with family in Hell. She at least cushioned the blow with still more CD's and even purchased a guitar for him to play. Without any proper guidelines, however, he has been forced to learn the hard way, and is nowhere near as good as he ought to be. When he tried to reach out and speak with other Demons, he discovered that they all had a ridiculous hierarchy. There was no sign of the jovality he had witnessed in that library, the mall, or the many locations he scouted. It was all based on who was "best", and who was "best" was often based off the reputations of parents.

As such, Phenex continued his life as a loner. He was also beginning to feel "the hunger", and while he was occasionally able to satiate it temporarily, it was often with less savory demons. Other succubi seemed to actively avoid him, or at least in their territory When his mother informed him he'd be returning to the human world, he was ecstatic. When it was for the Academy of Succubi and Incubi, though, he was disappointed. He wouldn't be stuck in a cabin, true, but he'd still be stuck in a regimented community filled with conceited beasts that lived their lives according to rigid boundaries.

At least he could bring his guitar, and at least he could finally truly feed this blasted hunger growing within him.
-

Best Subject: Music

Worst Subject: Mathematics

Player Preference: Heterosexual; voyeurism; hidden or forbidden locations

Foxfyr

Life has decided to start piling stuff on my todo list and I don't think I'll be able to give this RP the attention it deserves as a result. I will be withdrawing my slot in this RP, but will likely be following it in the hopes there will still be room for new characters once my schedule frees up a bit.

Aragem

Quote from: Foxfyr on September 25, 2015, 09:40:26 PM
Life has decided to start piling stuff on my todo list and I don't think I'll be able to give this RP the attention it deserves as a result. I will be withdrawing my slot in this RP, but will likely be following it in the hopes there will still be room for new characters once my schedule frees up a bit.

You're welcome to join as whenever your schedule lets you.

Rel Mayer

Is it possible to have a Tailoring/Fabrics/Design class. I'm trying to remember what the old word was for it, but women used to attend classes in... bah! I'm trying to remember, but that's what I would like my faculty member to be a teacher of if I can manage to remember.

I remember the word being something that cooking classes could also fall under. I'm so brainfarting!

Fury Aphrodisia

Home ec? Other than that, I'm just thinking of a seamstress.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on September 25, 2015, 10:06:20 PM
Home ec? Other than that, I'm just thinking of a seamstress.

Home Ec! That's what it was called!

Fury Aphrodisia