Elder Scrolls with a Game of Thrones twist? Interest Check

Started by Primarch, November 27, 2011, 12:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Right, so I recently had this idea for a fanfiction (haven't written one in years?) What if the events of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim happened within a decade of each other and the hero of each after defeating their foe met up to decide what to do with the world? Considering by the end of the game your character can almost rule the country by being the top ranked leader of so many economically and politically important factions, not to mention their ability to single handedly defeat a every guard in town. Then I decided, this would make a good game.

While a 3 person game would be fun, it could be easily modified to make it suit a larger number. Instead of a single individual travelling from each country to take part in this power house meeting, what if it was a group? For instance, the Dragonborn might travel with his two closest associates, one of which might be Legate of the Imperial Legion & Harbringer of the Companions, while the other is the top dog of both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood.

So three groups, arrive and convene how to combine their resources and divide up the rest of the world and who will be where in ten years time and they've gone on a grand march. The entire game won't take place in a single sit-down session of course, but over a period of time and continued meetings, and when the meetings are over people meet in secret to make deals.

Its Swords, magic, politics and sex in equal measure. If this was to be fleshed out, would any be interested?

Idea's very welcome.

JDrew Spider

All you had to say was Game of Thrones. You got my attention!  I'm sure a little research on my part will bring me up to speed, but I'm game.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

My basic plan is to allow people to an area to be from Morrowind, Cyrodil or Skyrim and be the Grandmaster/top ranking member of a fixed number of factions within that area.

Joinable Factions: (Morrowind), Cyrodil & Skyrim.

Perhaps 3 or 4 factions each (with being the main hero of a game taking up one option). 

JDrew Spider

Will this be a system or freeform? I'm not to familiar with systems. I'll take a look at those links.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Freeform, certainly. Although the RP is supposed to feature end-game characters, there may have to be some limitations.

JDrew Spider

Alright, hopefully we can get this game going. I've been dying for some group action and good  story.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Destiny Ascension

"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Primarch

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Ooh excellent~
Currently we have 3 interested individuals (myself included mind you) which works out quite well as the game has 3 locations to have characters from. The more we get the better, of course the fewer we have the more stuff to horde to ourselves XD

Kaisude

I'd be interested I played the games not Skyrim yet, but I'll catch up. Though if possible would it be possible to play a follower of one of the three faction leaders?

Primarch

Primarch

Okay, for who we have so far do people have a preference to which location you want your character from? I quite enjoyed Morrowind myself.

TheSilkenVoice

I have only played Oblivion and just started Skyrim.  I have also only seen the tv show of game of thrones, not read the book, but I am very interested in this idea!  I do not know much about Skyrim yet so I would probably stick to a character from Cyrodil...

Kaisude

AndyZ

Didn't get very far in Morrowind, currently working on Skyrim, but I've blown the doors off Oblivion.  I got partway through the TV series of Game of Thrones.  However, I don't really have any ideas just yet, but tentatively interested.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Primarch

A major awareness of GoT isn't really required, I'm just using its approach of a fantasy setting with sexy, underhanded political ways of doing things.

JDrew Spider

I'm not completely sure on my locale, but maybe Skyrim.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Destiny Ascension

Well, I think I'd pick either Cyrodil or Skyrim, not certain yet. As for GoT I've not seen the show, but I've read the book.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Primarch

Okay we've got a rather decent variety of locations, I'll set up something for character generation this evening, the freeform but I'll have something so we can define character strengths & weaknesses (something simple like "pick X skills as master level, Y skills at expert" so on so forth.

We'll use Skyrim's skillset, since if you've played any game before Skyrim you're familiar with all of its abilities, but if you've only played Skyrim there might be some you're not familiar with, we'll try not to lock people down however. You can still use a spear or crossbow as you did in Morrowind!

No reason characters shouldn't have an artifact each, if you fancy it. Depending on numbers we may even be able to allow 2 each. Always liked Volendrung myself. So take a peek and see what you like, if something catches your fancy (even from a lore perspective) might be an almost character defining trait to own one.

Wintercat

Damn. I liked your idea for the "Rogue Trader" game in the past (shame what happened there though) and now you have an idea like this?

I'd be interested but I see you already got a lot of attention to this, and I am not sure how much time I got up until the thesis is done (somewhere next month most likely) but I wish you Luck and hope that this will be a game as good as the idea sounds like it could well become.

If I get myself free and you got free time, I'd very much love to make a character that was a "shadowmage", having learned both on some magical schools (illusion most likely) as well as thieving skills. Skyrim's skillset sounds very good, as well. Anyhow, if this all was possible, I'd probably pursue as side character the Grey Fox, as leader of the Thieves Guild, or alternatively the Oblivion's Champion of Cyrodill, a scoundrel that loved to lurk in the shadow and learned to kill unseen. (Might allude some contact with the Dark Brotherhood in that case, but figure the champion shouldn't also be a 'Guild Leader' then)

Anyhow, a very grand idea it sounds like.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Primarch

Name:
Titles:
Race: Pick one from here

~A written description can be used instead of an image if you prefer~

Factions: Each character can be the top ranked member of 3 factions from the country they are from, second highest rank to 3 more and mid-level rank (rounding down) to any others in their faction they wish to be a part of. Factions & ranks you gain as a direct result of the Main Questline (for instance, Blades) do not count against the limit. In the event being a member of a certain faction will prevent you from being a member of a different faction in the respective game they appear, this stands. As mentioned previously, being the primary hero (The Neravine, The Champion of Cyrodiil, the Dragonborn) counts as one selection.
Skills: Skills, for simplicity sake we'll use the Skyrim skill set. Keep in mind this is not a stat based game, this is merely to provide a guide to a characters strengths and weaknesses. Each character may pick 4 Master skills, 4 Expert skills, all others shall be adept (unless you don't want a particular skill at all). Characters have every spell/special attack/recipe that can be obtained by their respective rank.
Birthsign: We'll use Oblivion birthsigns for simplicity. Choose one.
Equipment: Your character may have any items they would have received as rewards for quests completed as part of the factions they are a member of. Otherwise, be reasonable.
Artifacts: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. Choose two from your respective location. Unique items are still unique so first come first served.

Personality:
Backstory:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Titles:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Country:[/b]

[center][img] [/img][/center]

[b]Factions:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b] 
[b]Birthsign:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Artifacts:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]

Quote from: Wintercat on November 29, 2011, 02:46:43 PM
I'd be interested but I see you already got a lot of attention to this, and I am not sure how much time I got up until the thesis is done (somewhere next month most likely) but I wish you Luck and hope that this will be a game as good as the idea sounds like it could well become.

Anyhow, a very grand idea it sounds like.

Thank you kindly. Truth be told I was hoping for a few more then we have, but regardless. You are welcome to join whenever you fancy, should time allow of you of course!

Primarch

Name: Thorin
Titles: The Nerevarine, God-Killer, Grandmaster (and more, see factions)
Race: Nord

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Factions: Nerevarine, House Hlaalu (Grandmaster), Imperial Legion (Knight of the Imperial Dragon), Mages Guild (Master Wizard), Morag Tong (Exalted Master), Imperial Cult (Theurgist), Blades (Operative), Ashlanders (Hearthfriend).
Skills:  Master (Two-handed, Heavy Armour, Destruction, Conjuration), Expert (Speech, Enchantment, Blocking, Restoration), Adept (illusion, alteration, archery, smithing, one handed, lockpicking, light armour, pickpocketing, sneak, alchemy)
Birthsign: Warrior

Equipment: Imperial Legion Grandmaster suit (Lord's Mail, Templar helm, gloves, greaves & boots, enchanted to enhance his strength via Azura's Star), Nerevarine Tools (Wraightguard, Keening, Sunder), Moon and Star
Artifacts: Volendrung, Azura's Star

Personality: The reincarnated Lord Indoril Nerevar now known as Thorin (at this point his name is usually said with one of his many titles) is a proud warrior who will meet any foe on the battlefield. One would however be a fool to mistake him for a simple brute, as an Exalted Master of the Morag Tong he has often used stealth and subterfuge to further his aims when direct force is not wise. He will always honour his word, but one should make sure that the deal they make with him is the deal they want. Although patient with most, he clearly has a great deal of wrath as can be seen by his slaying of both Vivec and Almelexia. He is also incredibly ambitious, as one would except from a Knight of the Imperial Legion, Master Wizard of the Mages Guild and Grand Master of House Hlaalu, all positions he occupied despite Morrowind's general dislike for foreigners.

He is also a merry maker, when not smiting foes with his hammer, he is often drinking the mead famous of his people or chasing his next lady conquest.   

Backstory: Very little of Thorin's past his documented before his arrival to Morrowind, what is known is that after he did arrive the first thing he did was sign up to the Imperial Legion. His rise to power was nothing short of unseen in Morrowind's Legion. By the time he was discovered to be the Nerevar reborn, he had used his position in the Imperial Legion to curry sufficent favour to become a member of the Great House Hlaalu. The Dunmer were hesitant to trust him at first, but his talents could not be denied. When it was discovered that the Grandmaster of House Hlaalu was Lord Indoril Nerevar reborn there was little that could be done to stop him, even if his enemy count was growing daily. Regardless, he made his way into Vivec City and the temple of the God on Earth himself, Vivec whom he slew on the spot. Vivec's soul would then occupy a place in Azura's star until being relocated to his gauntlets.

With Vivec dead and Wraithguard stolen from his corpse Thorin sought out the last of the Dwemer, Yagrum Bagarn whom was able to activate and harmonize the ancient gauntlet. With wraithguard in hand, Thorin and some allies made an assault on the citadels 'Odrosal' and 'Vemynal' it was in those citadels that he retrieved the weapons Keening and Sunder. There was more to do before his final assault against Doguth Ur and it was then that Thorin became associated with the Mages Guild, the Morag Tong and the Imperial Cult. Eventually however with his power cultivated and his allies gathered Thorin finally made his assault on the Red Mountain, ended the threat of Doguth Ur and destroyed the Heart of Lorkhan.

With Vivec and Doguth Ur dealt with, Thorin made way to Solstheim to meet with Almelexia once again, although initially he aided her it was soon revealed she was utterly insane. Thorin put her soul in Azura's Star and she was soon occupying a position in his boots. Since then he had been cultivating his power in Morrowind and enjoying the benefits of it all. 

Primarch

Do keep in mind if you're not *particularly* familiar with Elder Scrolls you don't need to do lots of homework looking items and what not, feel free to give a basic gist.

On a different note, those of you who are interested in having a character from Morrowind, you'll notice a couple of parts in my history it mentions Thorin doing things with "allies" and what not, feel free to take that as an ideal point to link our histories if you fancy it.

Ironwolf85

also you are forgetting a bit of lore here, yes elder scrolls nerd here with knowing a lot of the background, i read all the books I could in all the games.
at the time of skyrim the empire has lost a war to the newly formed Altmari (High elf for those non-elder scrolls nerds) dominion, probably a political factor we might mention with the Dominion taking high elf vanity and racial pride to excessive nazi like levels, they might be a factor, albiet not one at the table, they'd certanly disrupt the proceedings.

I remember that The Tower Accord where the dominion forced the empire to ban the worship of Talos in extange for peace was one of the main reasons The Stormcloak Rebellion turned from minor angry rebels and a jarl with an axe to grind into a full fledged civil war. not sure how that plays into the politics, but I'd like to join up if I can what with how much detail i've read into the politics of the world.

I think a kajit or Argonian would be good for me, probably from skyrim
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.