Let's say I have a picture on my computer...

Started by Doomblade403xxx, October 08, 2017, 02:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomblade403xxx

Ok so I have a whole file folder full of potential npcs on my computer. Is there a way I can directly upload them into a post, or is the only way to create a link?

Oniya

Best bet is to use an image hosting site (Imgur or the Elliquiy Wiki).  I know for certain that Imgur allows for multi-file uploads, but that sort of thing may also be possible on the wiki.  It is necessary to upload the images to some site in order for them to appear on posts.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Oniya on October 08, 2017, 02:28:52 AM
Best bet is to use an image hosting site (Imgur or the Elliquiy Wiki).  I know for certain that Imgur allows for multi-file uploads, but that sort of thing may also be possible on the wiki.  It is necessary to upload the images to some site in order for them to appear on posts.

Yeah I thought so. Thanks for the assist

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Oniya on October 08, 2017, 02:28:52 AM

The issue with imgur is that they're starting to crack down and ban people for using images on forum-based sites.

I personally use nickpic.host, but I'm not sure how multiple uploading works or if it even does.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Vekseid

'don't use imgur as your cdn'

Has this actually impacted anyone who was not running a site?

Thesunmaid

If I am running a game with npc's i just upload them to elliquiy. That way I don't have to worry about it getting deleted or the other site whining about it.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Vekseid on October 08, 2017, 08:18:52 AM
'don't use imgur as your cdn'

Has this actually impacted anyone who was not running a site?

I had it happen to me on BMR awhile ago.

Vekseid

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on October 08, 2017, 03:46:53 PM
I had it happen to me on BMR awhile ago.

For what it's worth, BMR can hotlink images hosted on our wiki here.

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Vekseid on October 08, 2017, 08:11:59 PM
For what it's worth, BMR can hotlink images hosted on our wiki here.

I moved all my images to nickpic, but thank you.