Heroes, Monsters and Corruption | Fen's Roleplay Ideas

Started by Rising Fenyx, March 17, 2024, 08:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rising Fenyx

Greetings, folks! I'm Fenyx, and welcome to my big, dumb roleplay ideas. I'm not gonna go too much into myself here, as I think my ons and offs will already provide a decent amount of information. Instead, I want to just use this as a place to focus on the sort of stories and characters I'm most interested in writing as/against.

I'm gonna label and keep my most desired stories at the top, so this list will grow and rotate from time to time depending on what I'm feeling most!

New Character / Current Primary Craving: Adriana Avicenna | MEZZMER

Searching for a plethora of stories from superhero corruption / romance / slice of life.

Hyper-fixated on this character and have extremely high muse for them!

MEZZMER is extremely crossover friendly. As always, a relationship between MEZZMER and one of the heroes she desperately wishes to see brought low would be high on my priority list! But I'm open to other ideas as well, whether they be with canon or original characters.
Second Primary Craving: SuperCorp

This is a ship I've recently become rather obsessed with, and I'm open to writing either side of it. Although its roots are based primarily in the Supergirl CW show, I'd prefer we just do our own thing with the characters so we have more freedom to do whatever we'd like! I'm very interested in the idea of Lena Luthor playing a slightly more villainous role, and Kara knowing it's a relationship she should absolutely avoid, but she just can't help herself.

Third Primary Craving: The Huntress Brought Low
This relates to Alicia Van Helsing, who you can see a previous ad for below! However, this idea is slightly different from the others I've shared, as I've developed an interest in having Alicia dominated by some higher power for a time. Something to keep in mind about this is that Van Helsing is an incredibly dominant personality, and with the willpower to match. It would take nothing short of genuine magic to bend her to another's will.

I'm interested in far more than smut: what would one do with one of the world's greatest killers under their thumb? I'm rather fond of an idea where the huntress attends a meeting with some powerful noble under the pretense that she'll be taking on some great contract, only to find herself compelled into servitude, used as a sort of prized bodyguard, a Queen's right-hand. You can expect multiple scenes of Alicia attempting to break from the spell and having to be subdued once more, as this is one beast who can be difficult to tame.

~Utterly Spellbound: Spellbinder Stories~

The character I present you with now is one who I'm not sure many people have heard of, at least not this exact iteration. I want to introduce you to Charles Dante, also known as Spellbinder.~

Spellbinder is a character who's appeared in several different iterations throughout Batman's history, however Charles Dante is a more recent addition, having appeared in the comic book Batgirls. His appearance sent me into a spiral (pun intended) of pansexual panic, and I have been enamored with him ever since. However, my version of Spellbinder is a great deal different from the one appearing in the comics, and is distinctly its own outside of his name and a few small details, such as his obsession with art. My version of the character is perhaps a bit closer to Mads Mikkelsen's take on Hannibal Lecter, just with less cannibalism and more superhero antics thrown in for good measure.

I don't want to ramble too much about backstory here, so if you're at all interested you can find Spellbinder's full bio here!

Now, onto the really important parts!

What I'm looking for: A good, long series of roleplays focusing on the forbidden romance between a hero and their villain. Particularly one which follows Dante's descent into villainy, as he hasn't currently taken up the mantle of Spellbinder. I'm a sucker for the trope where a hero becomes close with someone, only for that person to later turn into the very thing they stand against. Only this time, the hero might just find it difficult to escape him. The professor can be quite... persuasive. I have a rather significant interest in hypnotism, both in the realm of kink and otherwise, and would like to play with that a great deal here. It's kind of Spellbinder's whole thing, so expect your character to get pretty thoroughly mind-fucked as things progress!

I'd really like to follow a story which sees pre-Spellbinder Dante become infatuated with your character, not knowing their secret identity is actually one of the very heroes he detests. Eventually, Dante does take a turn for villainy, and after a few encounters between our two in-costume, he soon deduces the true identity of his lover/nemesis, and uses this to his full advantage. What happens next is entirely dependent on the story we wish to tell.

I kind of like the idea of Dante being thrown in prison, though that of course wouldn't be the last of him. No good nemesis ever stays locked away, and when he comes back, he'll be an even bigger threat than ever before. Maybe the hero even has to enlist Dante's help on a case they're working, so they see him in prison, not so unlike Hannibal and Clarice. There are a lot of different ways we can take this, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

You can expect a very toxic relationship. A great deal of gaslighting, perhaps a healthy amount of non-con both before and after the hero's identity is revealed to him. Dante is the type of toxic partner who will try to mold his lover to suit him, and he'll do so intimately. This is far from a happily ever after story in which the villain is redeemed by his partner. No, Dante is as charming as the devil, and equally as devious. He'll always live rent free in his little hero's mind.

Plot Ideas:

I'm gonna start this off by saying that I'm mostly looking for canon characters who have secret identities. That part is key for the drama. I have a preference for Marvel characters, but I'm open to some DC heroines as well if they fit. However, if you'll allow me to tell you my most desired partner for Dante, it's Mayday Parker, the daughter of Spider-Man.

Frankly, I just love Mayday as a character. A college-age Mayday who's in Dante's class, maybe has a side-gig at the Daily Bugle as a reporter or photographer, much like her father before her. It could allow her to easily play the role of teacher's pet, while also blend in well with Dante's night-life as one of the city's socialites, with Mayday being assigned to cover a plethora of events her professor also just happens to be attending.

Their relationship would also have the extra forbidden element of Mayday keeping Charles a secret from her mother and father. After all, she'd know damn well that Peter wouldn't be all that keen of her infatuation with her college professor. Although I do want to stress that this will be an older Mayday from what is typically seen in the comics, preferably around the age of 21.

Also, the whole thing where someone close to the hero turns into one of their greatest foes is pretty much straight out of Spider-Man, so I think it just fits so well. But, with all of that being said, I'm trying not to be too picky, so I'm open to other options. I've been hyper-fixated on this ship for a long time now, but I know that I can't be super adamant about it being Mayday and expect a ton of interest. It also might be worth noting I have a few pieces of art commissioned involving what I have affectionately (and maybe uncreatively) dubbed SpellSpider, so we can use those if a May/Dante ship manifests itself.

Some other potential characters for a very similar plot idea (just off the top of my head) include: Cindy Moon/Silk (she's right up there with Mayday in terms of my personal interest, honestly), Batgirl (Barbara, Cassandra, or Steph), Kara Zor-El/ Supergirl, and Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel.

A Spellbound Thief: Felicia Hardy/Black Cat or Selina Kyle/Catwoman would travel in similar circles to Dante, and could make a good fit for corruption. While it would be a very different sort of story considering the moral ambiguity of a master thief, I could easily see a storyline unfold in which Spellbinder is all too happy to have someone of their beauty and skill level at his side.

Captivating the Captain: This could work for either Captain Carter or a genderbent Captain America. My thinking is our hero seeks out a therapist to help them come to terms with existing in this modern era and losing all of their loved ones to time. This could take place shortly after the formation of the Avengers or around the time of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Dante himself could be a member of HYDRA in this timeline. Preying upon their isolation, Dante positions himself rather firmly as one of the most prominent figures within their life. Perhaps our hero is conditioned and corrupted into becoming a sleeper agent not unlike the Winter Soldier, and is used to betray the Avengers?

Maybe a gender-swapped Bucky Barnes could come into play here as well, with Charles using them to test the Captain's capabilities. The Winter Soldier would also make for a fine body guard for Spellbinder, once Dante takes his true turn to super-villainy. Regardless, I see this iteration of Spellbinder taking a great deal of inspiration from the villain Dr. Faustus.

Subjugating the Amazonian:

This one is also a bit specific and would probably have Charles knowing of his partner's alter-ego well beforehand, but Wonder Woman could make for a perfect partner for him to thoroughly corrupt. Who better to have at his beck and call than a godlike warrior princess? Better yet: Wonder Woman is one of the greatest heroes to ever exist. Having her not only as his romantic partner, but his unwitting ally as well, would make her quite the prize in his eyes.

Original characters might be a bit of a hard sell for this one, but I'm certainly open to hearing your pitch! Whatever your interest may be, I'm only a DM away.~

~Mesmerizing Seduction and Vampiric Corruption: Alicia Van Helsing Stories~

Through eyes as black as the void, the woman has been watching. Crimson lips curl into a thin smile as your eyes briefly meet. Has she always been there? And how long has she had her dark gaze upon you? There's a fleeting but nonetheless palpable sensation as your eyes gaze into her own, a sort of unnatural magnetism apt to hold you in place like a rabbit caught in a trap. In that one passing instant the world seems to melt, the once bustling bar fading into little more than an incoherent background mumble. There is only the stranger and her endless, abyssal gaze which one could fall into for an eternity, never finding its end. But it's only a single beat of the heart before you wrench your eyes away and the world around you returns, reason rooting you once more to reality.

However, it's only seconds later when you feel it; the apparitional chill of the woman's breath. You didn't hear her approach, yet here she is, mere inches away. Her voice carries a husky tone which washes over your inner lobe in a gentle caress. "Hello there," says the voice of sinful seduction. "I'd like to buy you a drink."

This is just a small, if admittedly mundane example of how your character may meet my own: Alicia Van Helsing, one of the greatest monster slayers who ever lived, bane of Count Dracula, and now the sole carrier of the dreaded Blood of the Dragon. If you enjoy vampires, long scenes of seduction, and a bit of healthy corruption thrown in for good measure, this may be the perfect character for you. However, I must stress that Alicia is strictly homosexual, so this one is for ladies only. (Note: I have no issue with non-female writers whatsoever! Males and other non-feminine authors writing females are welcome! Male characters are also welcome to contact for plotting non-romantic/smutty plots anytime, regardless of my current ads.)

You can find Alicia's bio here.

What I'm looking for: Canon or original characters are welcome, so long as they fit the story. For the moment I wish to write in a modern setting, with a heavy focus on a non-vampiric partner being drawn into Alicia's world. Smut is perhaps to be expected given the subject matter, but I'm also just as fine with prolonged scenes of flirtation and seduction which end with a fade to black, if desired. Alicia has a thing for strong women, be that raw physical strength or a position of political power, but I'm open to various different character archetypes. I'd love to get some storylines going which will take place over the course of multiple games, with the relationship of our two characters growing as a result. However, one-shot roleplays are equally welcome if that's what you prefer. I'm a sucker for a dark, gothic romance. Think a more mature Twilight, with more lust and violence and potential noncon.

Some Starting Ideas:

• Like that little bit of flavor text at the top of this post, our story could begin as simply as our characters meeting in a bar or tavern. Alicia is an expert huntress both on and off the clock, and she often frequents social establishments while on her hunt for a partner worthy of her attention.

• As Alicia currently resides in modern day NYC, superheroes may also prove to be fitting victims partners for the huntress. There are a couple ways we could bring her together with a heroic individual, be it a misunderstanding in which your hero comes across her killing some monster or another--likely a vampire, as its more human appearance could easily explain the confusion--and think her a killer. After a brief scuffle, Alicia either explains her side of things or compels the hero to stop their assault, acting a tad more on the villainous side. The latter could add a great deal to the concept of this being a corruption-based story; the hero who wouldn't typically tolerate Alicia's actions becomes ensnared in her web, and after their first encounter finds themselves completely unable to resist her, despite their best efforts.

• Alternatively, Alicia could simply approach a hero, curious about their powers. She is a hunter, after all, and like any expert predator she is always open to studying her prey. It's worth noting that Alicia typically finds heroes to be a rather curious lot, one she doesn't often interact with. However, that's not to say the mood wouldn't strike for her to have a little bit of not-so-innocent fun.

• Your character could be the sort of thing Alicia typically hunts, such as a lycanthrope. Perhaps she deems it fit to tame herself a new pet "dog." I have no interest in anything that verges on bestiality, however a werewolf transformation more akin to the classic Wolf-Man, in which the monster retains a much more human form, could be fun. Alicia could find it thrilling, trying to tame a wild beast upon a full moon. - CLAIMED!

• This one is quite specific, but an idea that's bounced around my head for a while. Alicia sometimes volunteers to read at the public library, if for no other reason than because she can be a lonely sort, and she enjoys delighting the youths. I've had the idea that a librarian admires Alicia, even if she also understands there's something clearly mysterious and undoubtedly frightening about the woman. The two could share a short exchange in which the librarian character thanks her for all she's done, and Alicia invites her out on little more than a whim. The night which follows proves to be completely unforgettable, and far more than our innocent librarian could have ever anticipated. - CLAIMED!

~A Tangled Web: Spider-Girl Romance~

As mentioned under Utterly Spellbound, Mayday Parker is a personal favorite of mine. She's also a character who hasn't received nearly the amount of love she's deserved following her original run which lasted from the late 90's to the early 2000's. Mayday was practically one of the first members of the Spiderverse, before we really even had a Spiderverse to speak of.

What I want to explore is a scenario in which Mayday finds herself falling for the villain (I know, I know: I'm a broken record), and I think it would be particularly fun if the villain was the child of one of Spider-Man's former villains. Bonus points if it's an incredibly imperfect/toxic ship with elements of corruption. Characters like the child of Mister Negative, Scarlet Witch, or the Purple Man could all work well here. Some of these characters have canonical children, but I'm open to OCs based on existing Marvel villains to make the character your own.

Would like to make Mayday 21, planting her firmly in her college years. I'm not too picky about pre-existing canon for this one, we can take things in whatever direction we'd like. I've been gravitating toward Sophia Lillis as Mayday's FC, though that's not set in stone should you prefer someone else.~
Image place-holder - Staff

~Apparitional Heroics: Ghost-Spider Stories~

I've been a huge fan of Ghost-Spider, better known as Spider-Gwen, since her very first appearance in Edge of Spider-Verse, and she's a character I've written a great deal since. My version of Gwen follows the first run of her comics written by Jason Latour, but diverges heavily after that, as I haven't been the biggest fan of where writers have taken the character since. I don't want to dedicate too much time to rambling about her backstory (I will, however, provide a link to a more in-depth breakdown of her story here), but she's one of my absolute favorite characters.

Gwen does have a few differences from her big-screen counterpart in the  Spiderverse films, probably the most notable of which being the fact that she's the host of her world's version of the Venom symbiote, and that acts as the primary source of her powers. Gwen and her symbiote don't really communicate on the same level as other incarnations of Venom and its host, though. This symbiote was bred in a lab, and is an amalgamation of alien spider and mutant lizard DNA, and acts more like Gwen's id as opposed to a second personality chilling inside her head.

One of my favorite things about Gwen's universe, from a roleplaying standpoint, is that is has a lot of potential for creativity. You see, outside of Captain America, Gwen's really one of the only superheroes in her world, sort of like the Raimi-verse iteration of Spider-Man, and she has yet to face many of Spider-Man's classic rogues gallery. Heck, her main villains on her world were an evil Matt Murdock who had taken up the mantle of Kingpin and an evil Cindy Moon! So we have a lot of room to play.

But, onto the more important bits.

What I'm looking for: Honestly... almost anything! From hero vs villain battles in the streets of Manhattan to new friends, hang-outs with some of her other Spider-Pals across the multiverse, or even forbidden romances. It's probably worth mentioning that I have a huge soft spot for corruption RPs and hero/villain ships, especially those which align with my kinks.

Speaking of kinks, my Gwen is a bratty submissive. But, given the nature of her own personal anger-issues and the symbiote which fuels them, I do sort of like the idea of Gwen briefly going to the dark side and being the corruptor to another hero, before she's eventually snapped back to her senses.

I should also note, however, that as far as big superhero battles go, I'm not really the best at writing prolonged action sequences. I might write better against more cerebral villains like Mysterio, an evil Scarlet Witch, something of that nature. I'm not opposed to heavy action, I just can't promise I'll be the best at it!

I'm not particularly interested in GwenxPeter or GwenxMiles romances. Honestly, there aren't many Spiders I would like to write Gwen with.

Also, for those of you who appreciate a good FC, I've grown quite fond of Milly Alcock as my face of choice for Gwen:

Characters, Kinks, and General Information

Current Cravings

Inbox is always open for plotting and general chatter!

Rising Fenyx

April Update: Added three new ideas as my current primary cravings.

Utterly Spellbound is also still of great interest of me, if I can find the right partner for it!
Characters, Kinks, and General Information

Current Cravings

Inbox is always open for plotting and general chatter!