The Pursuit of Persephone (Greek Mythology - looking for a Hades)

Started by LtRipley, November 11, 2013, 11:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtRipley

Please read over my o/o's link in my sig before contacting me :)

The story is actually called the "Rape of Persephone" But I don't want non-Con folks coming in here looking for NC, as that's not what the word means in this instance.

For those of you who don't know the story, the Rape of Persephone was the Greeks' way of explaining the seasons. The Goddess of the Harvest (and therefor most plants and their health), Demeter, had a daughter, Persephone, goddess of wildflowers and other small beautiful things in nature. One day while picking flowers in a meadow with some nymphs, the Earth opened up and the God of Death, Hades, appeared, and stole her away. He had fallen in love with Persephone and knowing that her mother would never allow him to wed her, decided to take her for himself. Demeter appealed to Zeus to have her daughter returned, but Zeus took pity on his lonely brother and allowed him to keep the girl. Demeter, distraught over her daughter's kidnap and angry at Zeus' decision, refused to let any plants grow, and the Earth turned bare and the people starved. For many months, Persephone stayed in the Underworld with Hades, until finally the desperate cries of the starving people forced Zeus to give in and return Persephone to her mother. The Fates though had long ago decided that anyone who ate the food of the Underworld would be doomed to spend eternity there. So before Hermes could arrive to take Persephone back to the surface, Hades tricked Persephone into eating six pomegranate seeds. Or in some legends, she ate them willingly. Either way, she was now fated to forever return to the Underworld for half the year, then the Earth for the other half. While she was in the Underworld, her mother would let nothing grow, hence the winter months.

How we play this, what part we pick it up at, things like that, I'm not sure of yet, and would prefer to figure that out with my partner.

I would like for Hades not to be just some evil villain type, I mean yeah he'd probably be pretty dark, and probably a bit of a jerk (not exactly like the Underworld is a good place to develop people skills), but in essence, just a lonely guy who wants some love and beauty in his world.

Persephone I think will definitely not be for it at all at first, but I think I'd like Hades to kind of grow on her after a while, and they start to bond. Whether she is tricked into eating the seeds or eats them willingly is up to us and how we think things are going.

I'm not looking for this to be all lovey dovey all the time, Hades is the God of Death, some fluff will definitely be expected but I think there's potential for him to corrupt Persephone a bit and get her to indulge in darker desires. And also maybe a little force, though not straight NC. All up for discussion of course, just tossing ideas out.

Pictures for inspiration (they do not have to look like this)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I'm looking for some one who can do at least two paragraphs a post and post at least once or twice a week, more is awesome, but less than that, sorry, I don't think it'll work. (barring extenuating circumstances of course, real life happens)

LtRipley