Power Rangers [Recruitment Thread - CLOSED]

Started by TheBlackThrone, October 07, 2016, 03:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

So, if all the players who have posted interest to this game so far send me CSes for Rangers, then I am no longer accepting rangers for either gender. I will accept support characters and that'll be it. So I added everyone who posted interest to this game to the OP. We will see who sends me a CS or who bails. You all have 7 days from now.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Writersblockade

Will PM this as well. I can get more into detail if you'd like, just let me know.

Face Claim: Keiynan Lonsdale

Nicknames: Nitro
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 180lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Sexuality: Hetero
Degree: Pursuing a Mechanical Engineering major with a focus on robotics
Languages: Primarily Fluent in English. Survival Japanese verbal, early grade school reading. Does recognize certain writings from memory, for performance parts.
Physical Description: Fit, in the way a young person can be just by being physically active. Doesn’t do gym-time. Tall, but not gangly. Naturally exudes a sort of confidence when he moves that could be mistaken as arrogance to those not secure about themselves.
Personality: More than meets the eye. Surprisingly deep at times. Clear-headed thinker, and used to problem-solving under stress. Very live and let live, and usually the first person willing to talk about an issue in need of a solution.
Likes: The smell of gasoline and oil. Listening to ancient music while working on cars, and joy-riding whenever possible. And yeah, he includes street races as joy rides.
Dislikes: MCPD getting in the way of a good race, shitty school group members, and Pablo from the Speed Shop, cuz he always trying to ruin his flow with female customers.

Color: Gray
Primary Weapon: Power-amped Escrima sticks that boost power without sacrificing speed.
Secondary Weapon: Short to mid-range rapid fire plasma bolt gun. Slightly larger than a handgun, but smaller than a traditional submachine gun, due to future/alien tech. Assigned Power Distribution on verbal command, catch-phrase activated

-Knock ‘em around! – Stun bolts (highest shot capability without reload)
-Put ‘em down! – Medium bolts (Default setting)
-Bring the pain! – Max bolts (makes holes, adds recoil, and much reduced shots)

Power: Flight. Perhaps as a result of an unusually high compatibility with his Mobicyte, Jake has the ability to fly without really thinking about it. Possibly because the Mobicyte is doing the heavy lifting while taking mental cues from Jake regarding speed and direction. Max speed is currently 40mph, but that may change as their symbiosis develops

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Mathim

Hope this is good enough...

Face Claim: Anton Yelchin
Nicknames: Ben, 'Doc'
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 179 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Sexuality: Hetero
Degree: Biology, leaning towards medical
Languages: English fluent, vacation Spanish

Physical Description: Ben is very thin, being a very busy person he expends lots of energy with his hectic side job and school. He doesn't work out but manages to stay fairly fit at work carrying things and moving around a lot.

Personality: People who know him describe him as a caring, compassionate and dedicated person. He often puts others' needs before his own and can rarely witness something causing distress to someone else without at least asking if he can help. His job is where he can put his desire to help relieve others' pain and suffering and bring relief and comfort to work, and is immensely satisfied by his efforts and success at it. He'll go out of his way often to be of assistance to someone and has a particular soft spot for animals, though he personally owns no pets.

He strives to be honest but his personality won't let him say anything that would hurt someone's feelings, and tends to ask a lot of questions to get as much information as possible before forming an opinion or expressing a sentiment to someone unless he's firmly grounded in a belief pertaining to the situation.

Dislikes: Rudeness, inconsiderateness, laziness

Color: White
Primary Weapon: Morphing Crossbow - While its default is to be mounted on his arm and fire a regenerating supply of arrows, it can be detached and enlarged into a longbow for more power and longer range; when close combat is necessary it can be folded into a bo-staff (like how Hawkeye's bow did in Civil War when he was fighting Black Panther)
Secondary Weapon: I guess the bo-staff thing is considered secondary even though it's technically the same weapon? He can also use the arrows alone as daggers...

Power: Healing Light - Because of his background as a fledgling medical student in the making, he can generate a small healing field between his hands that speeds up the recovery of minor wounds. More serious wounds can only have the temporary effect of minimizing blood loss or keeping the spreading of poison from happening too quickly, or making a broken bone able to be walked on for a few minutes if a quick escape is needed, but the effect if purely temporary if the wound is not superficial enough to be healed completely.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

All right; everyone; I'm going to seem like a meanie because I did say I was going to make all the interested writers rangers, but I'm going to have to go against what I said.

Because I perfectly have a ratio of 3 female rangers and 3 male rangers who have sent me approved CSes so far, I'm going to cap off the rangers there. You are welcome to play non-ranger characters who are friends, boy/girlfriend, sibling, cousin, whatever story you want to make between one of the ranger writers and your own. Those would be the next rangers if anything were to happen to our current rangers. But I'm capping the rangers there because I really don't want 10 or 11 rangers running around. That's too many.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

*Gets her childish tantrum out the way after almost having a character sheet finished* Now that's done I have a huge change in my character concept. 

Lithium

I'm super open to any sort of connections with non-ranger characters, hit me up if you're interested!

TheBlackThrone

Yes, roommates are a very good option. I forgot to mention.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

Is there an active police or military response to the alien threat?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: ElvenKitten on October 09, 2016, 11:26:54 AM
Is there an active police or military response to the alien threat?

No. Because the aliens haven't even appeared. No one is aware of there being aliens at all.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

But I imagine there will be a hasty response once the aliens do appear?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: ElvenKitten on October 09, 2016, 11:37:29 AM
But I imagine there will be a hasty response once the aliens do appear?

If you're planning to make a cop or some military type, I'm going to say no. I want players to be around the college campus theme because that's where majority of the interaction is going to take place. Players who are just off in their own world doing something entirely different aren't going to get much interaction.

That's why I gave those being non-rangers specific recommended options.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

I figured someone with connections with the police. (part time job , not a cop) might be useful as a supporting character, just wondering if anyone wants some sort of connection with my character? Possible friend or girlfriend?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: ElvenKitten on October 09, 2016, 12:12:29 PM
I figured someone with connections with the police. (part time job , not a cop) might be useful as a supporting character, just wondering if anyone wants some sort of connection with my character? Possible friend or girlfriend?

Go ask these questions in the OOC.
The gates are open

Theo

Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

TheBlackThrone

Nope. Not at the moment. I haven't had anyone fall out yet. *gives the group a look* ...
The gates are open

Mathim

I'm still here. Can't speak for anyone else, though.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TheBlackThrone

This game is still running and you can refer to the OP for links. I am looking to replace the Green and Gray Rangers due to activity reason. You can choose any color in the rainbow that is not taken. We just need two new people. It can be one male and one female or slightly harem it up with two females.
The gates are open

KnowThySire

That is a fantasy every man has the right to live, but I'm going to have to be around somewhere as you try to make it happen. The Green Ranger - how do I earn that power coin and morpher?
There can only be one king.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

KnowThySire

I gotcha. Thanks, amigo. Give me the day.
There can only be one king.

la dame en noir

I had forgotten all about this because it disappeared!D:
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Theo

If there are still any openings, could I steal one now??
Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

TheBlackThrone

Well, we need to replace two people. One has gone on to other games. The other is on/off with activity. We only have 2 female rangers and 3 male rangers. I do not want the females to get overwhelmed by too many males on the team so I am accepting only 1 male and 1 female.

In the story, they fought their first battle and learned about their Mobicytes, powers, and uniforms. We did not go into Zords yet that will be next battle. But they are about to just decompress at a club or bar. Get to know each other as a team and discuss this whole "Power Rangers" business.

There I just summarized the story so far. :-)
The gates are open

Mathim

You might as well replace me too - I'm having shoulder surgery on Friday so I have no idea what my typing ability will be limited to for the next several weeks.