BBCode help

Started by Oreo, April 26, 2010, 02:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

I'm usually pretty handy at figuring BBCode out, but this has me stumped.

[*font=gabriola][*size=16pt][*color=#6495ED][/color][/size][/font]

Why does this script make a scroll bar?

to ELLIQUIY
I'm Oreo, it's a pleasure to meet you.
It is our hope that you find an inviting, friendly atmosphere and have fun with the approval process.
Our silly questions give us a chance to get to know you. I am looking forward to the banter.
So, how about a
cRaZy question/prompt?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oreo

Even all on its lonesome.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Kip

It appears to be when the font is set at 16 - other sizes don't matter....

That's from a quick test - 15 was fine and the others in your example seem fine too.

As for why - that's a question for Veks I'm guessing :D

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Oreo

I just changed the second post to 15, the scroll is still there.  :-\ What's also weird is it doesn't do it ever time. Only about 9 out of 10 times. But, I'm patient and it isn't a big problem. I was just wondering if it was a browser issue? I know others use off site fonts without issue.

Kip

Hmm not sure now - I was working off the previews and I did a quick edit of the second post to see what happened for me and, while it previewed fine, the actual post came up with a scroll bar.

I leave this to the more tech minded again :P

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

DrFier

Probably something to do with your browser, because it doesn't make a scroll bar for me.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Vekseid

Quote from: Oreo on April 26, 2010, 04:28:29 AM
I just changed the second post to 15, the scroll is still there.  :-\ What's also weird is it doesn't do it ever time. Only about 9 out of 10 times. But, I'm patient and it isn't a big problem. I was just wondering if it was a browser issue? I know others use off site fonts without issue.

I don't see it. Screen shot with browser?

DrFier

QuoteMaybe we can see it with a larger size?

Edit: I guess not, at least I can't.

Also, are you sure it's the text and not the picture?
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Oreo

Yes I am sure it is the font. I specifically removed one item at a time to locate the error. It is the font causing the scroll.

Screen Shot:

DrFier

I'm not having that problem. I know it puts in a horizontal scroll with a really big picture, but I've only seen vertical scrolls on signatures.

Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Oreo

I've only seen the vertical scroll in the signatures as well, which really threw me when it showed up.