SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on January 01, 2013, 06:28:34 PM
Yes, though I'd like for the variants to be exceedingly rare.  I'll allow one variant character per base race.   As in one variant Troll, one variant ork, one variant dwarf and one variant elf... not per player, but for the whole game.  Glyphstone, can you post what the variants are?  I don't have my books handy.

*snogs Dis*

Er...I don't actually own any books. According to This page, though:
DWARF
Gnomes: Central European Dwarf
Harumen: Dwarven variant from India with monkey-like appearance
Koborokuru: Japanese Dwarven variant
Menehune: Hawaiʻian Dwarf
Querx: Variant from Saxony in the Allied German States

ELVES
Dalakiton: elf variant from the Philippines
Dryads: All-female variant of the Elven species
Night Ones: European Elf noted for fine dark-coloured fur
Wakyambi: Dark-skinned Elves of Africa
Xapiri Thëpë: Elf variant with green spots (chlorophyl) on their skin, native to Amazonia

ORKS
Hobgoblins: Middle Eastern Ork variant
Ogres: European Ork sub-group
Oni: Japanese Ork
Satyr: Mediterranean Ork

TROLL
Cyclops: one-eyed Mediterranean troll
Fomori: Irish Celtic troll
Giants: Nordic troll
Minotaurs: rare Mediterranean troll

I'm looking to play a Giant:
They are usually somewhat stronger, and with an average body size of 350 cm, larger than standard trolls. Their hair and skin color are usually fairer than those of most metahumans. They usually have no horns or tusks and a long pointed nose. They're discriminated against even more than the average troll outside of the German states, so it's a decent reason for me to be in Seattle.

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 01, 2013, 06:46:10 PM
Er...I don't actually own any books. According to This page, though:
DWARF
Gnomes: Central European Dwarf
Harumen: Dwarven variant from India with monkey-like appearance
Koborokuru: Japanese Dwarven variant
Menehune: Hawaiʻian Dwarf
Querx: Variant from Saxony in the Allied German States

ELVES
Dalakiton: elf variant from the Philippines
Dryads: All-female variant of the Elven species
Night Ones: European Elf noted for fine dark-coloured fur
Wakyambi: Dark-skinned Elves of Africa
Xapiri Thëpë: Elf variant with green spots (chlorophyl) on their skin, native to Amazonia

ORKS
Hobgoblins: Middle Eastern Ork variant
Ogres: European Ork sub-group
Oni: Japanese Ork
Satyr: Mediterranean Ork

TROLL
Cyclops: one-eyed Mediterranean troll
Fomori: Irish Celtic troll
Giants: Nordic troll
Minotaurs: rare Mediterranean troll

They are usually somewhat stronger, and with an average body size of 350 cm, larger than standard trolls. Their hair and skin color are usually fairer than those of most metahumans. They usually have no horns or tusks and a long pointed nose. They're discriminated against even more than the average troll outside of the German states, so it's a decent reason for me to be in Seattle.

That's fine.  You'll have the exact same bonuses as standard Trolls, but you can be the giant variant.  That means no more Troll variants for the game.

TheGlyphstone

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 01, 2013, 06:46:10 PM

Ooooh, Glyph.  How would you like to join a very profitable joint project with me.  Details below.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 01, 2013, 06:22:09 PM
I'm throwing my hat into this arena of fun.  But I am wondering if anyone would be interested in taking up an Ork character type to compliment my elf character type.  What I'm looking for is a great hulking battering ram of a male character that would act as an overall bodyguard/protector to my elf female(maybe male, depending on who's interested in taking the ork, I can play either fairly well.)  They'd have some/a lot of background history with each other, and work as a team.  If it helps, I was thinking of making the elf more of a thief like character than anything else.  But yeah, I'm still working on things, so everything can be tweaked.  If anyone's interested, let me know. 

~Hugs and kisses from the resident underwear inspector.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

I was planning on being a Face-type, actually - going against the 'Troll = Big Dumb Bruiser' stereotype by being a well-spoken giant...very good at intimidating people (you won't like me when I'm angry ;)), and still decent in a fight by virtue of being a troll. I wouldn't be too effective as a bodyguard, but a partnership could still be an option.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 01, 2013, 06:55:47 PM
I was planning on being a Face-type, actually - going against the 'Troll = Big Dumb Bruiser' stereotype by being a well-spoken giant...very good at intimidating people (you won't like me when I'm angry ;)), and still decent in a fight by virtue of being a troll. I wouldn't be too effective as a bodyguard, but a partnership could still be an option.

This can still work, since I haven't anything set in stone just yet.  Do you want to chat via messenger/irc/PM, I'm pretty much open to any venue to plot with you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LunarSage

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 01, 2013, 07:00:15 PM
This can still work, since I haven't anything set in stone just yet.  Do you want to chat via messenger/irc/PM, I'm pretty much open to any venue to plot with you.

I don't have an IRC client, so PM's best.

Dhi

I'm going to be putting together a hacker. Probably a human.

I had a Night One decker at one time that I was thinking about revisiting, but I don't want to take the one metavariant slot. Amazingly though, I still have her character picture a decade later: Divinity Pekkanen

There's another concept I will work with instead. I need to revise it a little bit since originally she was the 2060 equivalent of a vlogger and that is anathema to almost any Shadowrunner group.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LunarSage

Dhi

Thank you!

I'm looking at the character creation stuff. It seems like Resources are no longer critical for a hacker. I wasn't sure how to feel about not having a cyberdeck, but if it also means not having to spend $200,000, that is pretty alright.

ReijiTabibito

Resources are no longer the Top A critical priority for a hacker, since the advent of AR and wireless nets and the general cost of being a hacker has come down.

However, don't be fooled, Resources are still quite important.  My commlink (which replaces the 3rd ed cyberdeck) and various programs are usually one of my top two expenditures for hacker characters, with the other one usually being cyber/biowares.

LunarSage

Yep, you can spend up to 60,000+ nuyen on a commlink and programs alone.  :-)

TheGlyphstone

I'm glad I'm not a hacker. all my priorities above E are taken by other stuff. I'm a poor man.

Kuroneko

Quote from: LunarSage on January 01, 2013, 07:50:37 PM

Or guns ... I'm just saying.  I mean, your collection has to be complete, right?  >.~
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Dhi

TheGlyphstone

Man, pictures of giants who aren't ugly and/or building-sized are almost impossible to find. I'm going to use a Kingpin picture as my base character model, since I think it fits him well - he's physically massive and imposing, and always dresses nice - it probably takes up most of his budget to keep his wardrobe decent.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: LunarSage on January 01, 2013, 07:50:37 PM

I once made a hacker character (I think I have him lying around somewhere) who spent ~200K nuyen on equipment.  75% of that was gear for my job - commlink, programs (and redundant backups), and cyber/biowares.  10% was for living arrangements, and the other 15% was on everything else.

Quote from: Dhi on January 01, 2013, 07:54:21 PM
Interesting- thanks Reiji!

You're welcome, sister.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 01, 2013, 07:56:23 PM
Man, pictures of giants who aren't ugly and/or building-sized are almost impossible to find. I'm going to use a Kingpin picture as my base character model, since I think it fits him well - he's physically massive and imposing, and always dresses nice - it probably takes up most of his budget to keep his wardrobe decent.

Have you checked out the thread in the finders keepers section?  I saw some nice pictures of trolls there.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

There are some excellent Trolls there, but they're all either ugly and/or have tusks/horns. The distinguishing feature of Giants is, in addition to being even bigger than normal, is that they lack the typical horns/teeth and dermal armor of a troll.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 01, 2013, 08:16:54 PM
There are some excellent Trolls there, but they're all either ugly and/or have tusks/horns. The distinguishing feature of Giants is, in addition to being even bigger than normal, is that they lack the typical horns/teeth and dermal armor of a troll.

I can manip an image for you if you'd like.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's