What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Been trying a lot of bot multiplayer on Gears 3. It's all really well done, which kind of makes Beast Mode stick out more and more as really tacked on. :\

Maybe I'm just mad I can't play as Lambent (as for as I know).
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

...Wow. I had no idea the Painkiller expansions would be this boring.

Norwegian One

Enjoying myself immensily with Gears 3, both campaign, multiplayer and Horde/Beast. It's simply superior to the previous two games in any way! :D
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Inkidu

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 28, 2011, 10:53:12 AM
Enjoying myself immensily with Gears 3, both campaign, multiplayer and Horde/Beast. It's simply superior to the previous two games in any way! :D
I think the survivors get too over-powered too fast in Beast. It's really easy for them to just shred everything.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Geeklet

Just got done with X-Men: Destiny. Fun little beat-em-up, albeit a bit short (Beat the game in a day). Think it was worth the rent, but too short, and too little replay value to be worth a buy. Yeah, there are different choices to be made throughout the game, but you are probably going to only go through it at most 3 times. Once with each character (selecting a different starting power each time) with one being the XMen path, one the Brotherhood path, and the third whatever you want.

Izzie Aditi

“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Wolfy

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Sabby

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

So I saw Monster Hunter in Extra Credits' "Games You Might Not Have Tried 2" the other day. While I had heard of the series I can't find a single game that's for the 360 or the PC that isn't a full-fledged MMORPG. First they're joined to Sony at the hip and then Nintendo. So I guess if I want to play it I got to break out the PS2 and raid the catacombs of my local Gamestop. :P

*Grabs his fedora and bullwhip*

Wyrd

Solid Indy reference. Currently playing Amnesia. I'm loving the audio production on this game, pretty sets the standard for what the audio in video games now adays should be. I'm actually inspired to write music based on how dark and forboding the music is in the game.
Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

I've been killing some time in the post-apocalyptic Mojave in New Vegas. I've already played through the story, so basically I'm just wandering around exploring, leveling and killing stuff ( and becoming addicted to every chem in the world, 'cos that's how my character is, apparently ) ... I have to say, one thing bothers me. I started a new game so that I'd have the joy of re-discovering everything, and that's well and good. Problem is someone supplied all the Vipers raiders with Grenade Rifles. All of them! It's all they use! Do you know what it's like having a gang of four guys all shooting grenades at you? It's awful! It's hell! Ahh!

msa24680

Gears of War 3  - pretty good so far, and X-Men: Destiny - not too bad... But not great.

Oniya

Arcuz 2 came out!

(Now I just have to go back and finish Arcuz 1... ::))
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Dug out Pool of Radiance 2. Now that I know more about how D&D operates I can enjoy it more. It's still not as good as the table-top version, but I only game on Tuesdays (well Mondays too, now).

Wolfy

Trying to play through oblivion while waiting for skyrim. :P

Also playing Gears 3.

Horde mode...why didn't I do this back in Gears 2?

And Beast mode is amazing. <3

Sabby

I loved Grandia 2. Wanted Grandia 3. Hey! They actual made a sequel! =D Awww, not released here :( Hey! I can order it on Ebay! =D Awww, won't work in my PS2 :( Hey! I'll try my PS3! =D Awww, not backwards compatible :( Hey! I'll get my modguy to make it work! Awww, says it can't be done.

So I give up on it v.v a year passes. Wanna play Galleon. No PC version. Look for Xbox rom. Don't work. PS2 rom. Can't find it. Damn it! I don't understand emulators at all! If only I had a PS2 game here to tes-... test.............

............. =D!!!

So guess what I'm playing?! ^^

Leviathan

Mostly I've been playing League of Legends matches, enjoying that new Dominion map. I'm really just biding my time until Diablo III, Torchlight 2, or Skyrim come out.

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." -Plato

Inkidu

Meh, I really don't want to play a game from last generation even though it's pretty late last generation. Come on, Capcom. Give it to BlueCastle and they'll make an American-friendly version of Monster Hunter.

I've not got anything against last generation mind you, it's just I really really like this generation. Monster Hunter on the 360 would be pretty cool. d(-_-)d

Hemingway

Gears of War 3 is fantastic, as I've said numerous times ... but why do they always manage to screw up the final boss/fight? I haven't beaten it yet, because it lasts for like 15 minutes, and every time you die you get sent back like five minutes. Great.

Oh, and reducing the difficulty sends you back even further. As if having to go down from Hardcore to Normal on the LAST FIGHT wasn't enough of a kick in the teeth.

Bayushi

Some people may hate me for it... but...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Image links to full size 1080 resolution image

That's what has kept me occupied for the past week or two. Currently level 14 Twi'lek Jedi Shadow in The Old Republic's closed Beta test.

Wyrd

Quote from: Akiko on October 03, 2011, 09:02:19 PM
Some people may hate me for it... but...

Image links to full size 1080 resolution image

That's what has kept me occupied for the past week or two. Currently level 14 Twi'lek Jedi Shadow in The Old Republic's closed Beta test.

How's the games so far? O.O
Ragtime Dandies!

Samael

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I must say the game is immensely fun.
You feel pretty powerful, yet fragile, and I adore the stealth mechanics, even though I feel they are just a *little* bit too weak.
I've had a hard time finding ammunition for non-lethal weapons, but other than that it was great.

I enjoyed the questions posed about the risks and dangers of artificial enhancement, which I feel was very nicely dealt with, presenting us with both sides, opponents and supporters of it, although I couldn't help but realize it was, to a degree, an allegory about free market versus regulated market (a slightly more subtle Bioshock?).

Unfortunately the endings, all three, I found incredibly pretentious.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Sabby

There are four endings, and yeah, its pretty telling that the ONLY way they could balance the debate was to add rejection syndrome and the meds to fight it off xD those are, literally, the only real problems, aside from the much more debatable 'you have to Augment to keep up' point. Without those, the Anti-Aug movement would have looked like those Prolifers firebombing abortion clinics.