Final Fantasy: Dissidia Universitas - Interest Check(Under Construction)

Started by BlackestKnight, July 26, 2012, 01:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

Ever wanted to wield a keyblade like Sora? Summon aeons like Yuna? or to be stealthy gun-totter like Vincent? Well, this is the school you attend to learn the trades of your favorite final fantasy characters. Taught by the heroes(or villains) themselves.

QuoteDear Ms/Mr. Applicant:

I am very pleased to inform you of your acceptance to Dissidia Universitas. You have been admitted because you possess a gift that we would like to see further cultivated.

Our program is designed for students who have not yet established their identity in the general Overworld. As a Dissidia University student, you will be encouraged to explore a wide range of curriculum available at the academy. Through individual advising and collaboration with all of our sister Schools, Our academy advisers will work to connect you with classes that fit well with your strengths and future goals.

We are confident that you will continue your high level of academic performance throughout the remainder of this year. This offer of admission is contingent upon your continued success. The Admissions Office requires that an official copy of your final transcript be forwarded upon completion of your previous school course work. Please review carefully the enclosed materials that pertain to required deposits, deadlines, and other critical information.

Best wishes and congratulations!

Sincerely;

Dr. Montblac
Dean and Director of Admissions

P.S attached is a list of fields and their respective majors  and extracurricular student groups. Kupo!

All Starting Characters are allowed the choice of selecting 3 majors(classes) from the following categories. These majors are very important toward the developmental strengths of your character, so choose wisely. Majors can be changed at any time, you just need to consult the guidance counselor beforehand.

Pure Melee Majors

1. Soldier

Instructor: Zack Fair
Stat Specialization: Def, Strength, HP
Unique Ability: Armor Break

2. Samurai

Instructor: Auron
Stat Specialization: Strength, Dex, HP
Unique Ability: Bushido

3.Dragoon

Instructor: Kain Highwind
Stat Specialization: Dex, Agi, Strength
Unique Ability: Jump

4. Gladiator

Instructor: Basch
Stat Specialization: HP, Strength, Agility
Unique Ability: Counter

5.Chocobo Knight

Instructor: Delita
Stat Specialization: Agility, Dex, HP
Unique Ability: Mount- Resistance to status ailment and HP regeneration.

Black Belt

Instructor: Tifa Lockhart
Stat Specialization: Agility, HP, Strength.
Unique Ability: Power-up

Mixed Warfare Majors

1.Keyblader

Instructor: Riku
Stat Specialization: Speed, Magic, Dexteriety
Unique Ability: Combo Finisher

2.Paladin

Instructor: Cecil Harvey
Stat Specialization: HP, Def, Strength
Unique Ability: Cover, White Magic(limited)

3.Mage Knight

Instructor: Celes Chere
Stat Specialization: Magic, Strength, Speed
Unique Ability: Magiblade

4.Dark Knight

Instructor: Leon/Lionheart
Stat Specialization: Defense, Strength, Dex
Unique Ability: Souleater

Stealth Oriented Majors

1.Ninja

Instructor: Shadow
Stat Specialization: Speed, Dexteriety, Strength
Unique Ability: Dual-wield.

2.Thief

Instructor: Locke Cole
Stat Specialization: Speed, Dexteriety, Intellect.
Unique Ability: Steal

3.Gambler

Instructor: Setzer
Stat Specialization: Luck, Intellect, Speed
Unique Ability: Roulette, coin-toss.

Ranged Warfare Majors

1. Pirate(ranged and melee options, can use guns and swords like Balthier )

Instructor: Balthier
Stat Specialization: Defense, Power, Dexteriety.
Unique Ability: Open Fire-Non-elemental attack that may afflict status ailment.

2.Ranger

Instructor: Fran
Stat Specialization: HP, Dexteriety, Strength.
Unique Ability: Aim

3. Gunner(pure gunner build)

Instructor: Sazh Katzroy
Stat Specialization: HP, Dexteriety, Defense.
Unique Ability: Blitz

4.Athlete(Sorta function as a status mage with ranged melee options, fights with blitzballs like wakka)

Instructor: Tidus
Stat Specialization: Speed, Strength, Dexteriety
Unique Ability: Cheer

Tech Warfare Majors

1.Mech Master(Rikku)

Instructor: Rikku
Stat Specialization: Intellect, Dexteriety, MP
Unique Ability: Golem

2.Alchemist (Be a state alchemist like Edward Elric)

Instructor: Professor Hojo
Stat Specialization: Dexteriety, Strength, Intellect
Unique Ability: Transmute

Magic Oriented Majors

1.Summoner

Instructor: Rydia
Stat Specialization: MP, Intellect, Spirit.
Unique Ability: Pray, Summon

2.White Mage

Instructor: Aerith Gainsborough
Stat Specialization: MP, Spirit, Speed.
Unique Ability: Holy

3.Black Mage

Instructor: Black Mage
Stat Specialization: MP, Intellect, Speed.
Unique Ability: Meteor

4.Red Mage

Instructor: Warror of Light
Stat Specialization: Intellect, Speed, Dexteriety
Unique Ability: Dual Cast

5.Blue Mage

Instructor: Gogo
Stat Specialization: Spirit, Defense, HP.
Unique Ability: Mimic, Blue Magic

-------
Dress Code:

The Academy

The Dorms
To be developed!

Teams, Guilds and Missions
Oftentimes in the world final fantasy, individuals in their journeys may realize that for whatever reason that they cannot solve whatever problem they're faced with alone, so they seek out others with similar interests or a similar enemy to aid them in their journey . Dissidia Universitas is no different, students have the opportunity to form groups for any multitude of reasons. Groups are an essential part of student life at Dissidia University.

While at Dissidia University , an important part of student life for many will be taking on quests for sum and other valuable items. Quests can be completed in groups with as many as 8 participants. Some quests may involve participation of an entire student guild.

A "team" consists of at least two students but may also be a combination of teams in cases of big mission. Teams are formed for the purpose of simplifying ordinary, illegal and special mission. Each team is commonly affiliated with a guild and works on job requests, both legal and illegal. Teams may be disbanded due to mission accomplishment or failure, withdrawal of a member or the leader, or their affiliated guild being disbanded.

Stat Breakdown/Proficiencies
Before a prospect applicant can be accepted as a student of Dissidia University , they must first have undergone an aptitude test aimed at determining which subjects they are most likely to excel in so that they have an idea where their likely strengths are , the results of the test determines nothing as far as what a student is allowed to study at the university or their placement, they are issued grades based on their proficiencies. Grades range from D, C, B, A, and S. S represents the highest talent, D the lowest. + and - are considered.

HP: obvious
MP:  obvious
Strength, also listed as power: Potential to inflict physical based damage
Durability, also listed as defense: Your ability to take a hit, I think durability sounds better but durability isn't widely used in FF.
Speed encompasses agility: Speed pertains more to your ability to attack pre-emptively , agility is your ability to evade .
Weapon ability also referred to as Dex or Dexteriety: Just a fancy word for skill, deteremines crit hits and accuracy. The Gambler class has Luck as a substitute for Weapon ability. I thought it would be cool for this class to focus on  luck as opposed to dexteriety.
Intellect: Magic Potency based around black magic.
Spirit: Magic Potency based around white magic and magic defense.

Strength:
Speed or Agility:
Durability or Defense:
Intellect:
Weapon Ability or Dexteriety:
Magical Aptitude or Spirit:

Races
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Races. (All races from all final fantasies are permitted)

Note: I'm not approving character applications at this time, I will reserve your character though until the RP starts.   The general format for the character application is as follows. 

Registration Form

Name:
Race:
Physical Description:
Roomate:(optional)
Height & Weight:(optional)
Class Majors:
1st Major: (Master)
2nd Major: (General)
3rd Major: (Minor)
Weapons of choice: (Dependent on the major you choose)
Personality:
Theme Song:
Backstory:
[/b]

MzHyde

It might make more sense to have Ramza or Delita as the Chocobo Knight instructor.

Empyrean

Definitely expressing interest in this. This is pretty original. :)

Oh, and I think I'd make a Moogle. Possibly a Cactuar, but I really like the moogles.

BlackestKnight

Cliques and Student Body Groups

Student Body Council
The most powerful group in the school, is believed to be compromised of the top 10 ranking students in the school. This group is secretive so not much is known about the Student Body Council, they appear to be an esoteric club for hand picked elites. The only known way to be initiated into this club is to be invited by the council itself, the applicant is then subject to a notorious hazing process and if accepted is assigned a numerical ranking to solidfy their placement. Members of the student body wear a ring to signify their membership.

Student Body Council Crest:
Student Body Council Ring:

The Elementals

A group formed by the original warriors of the light to establish bonds long after they departed , you have to be a descendant of  one of the warriors of the light to join this group. This groups symbol token is a that of a crystal pendant.

Elementals crest:

The Templars
They wear all-white and appear to be influenced by the original templars. Their rivals are the Necrophyles. This is a public club open to new characters if they choose. Members of this group express their allegiance by wearing the sword cross necklace.

Templars crest:
Templars Necklace:

Necrophyles
This is a real bad group, stay away from them. They're a fairly new group that's gained a bit of a reputation for violence. They're considered a gang. They're at war with the Templars. This is a public club open to new characters if they choose. Members of this group must prove their devotion by getting a tattoo of the necrophyles oroboras crest.

Necrophyles crest:

Prince Truhan

This is very interesting, all I'm sure so far is that I'll make a gambler though

BlackestKnight

I kinda want to go with something of a fairy-tail sorta feel with guilds and how people can form groups to complete sometimes challenging quests. I think I may leave the creation of the teams up to the players themselves.  The guild is sort of how the university supplements its earnings.

Wheresmycow

Color me interested, though it tears me apart to decide whether or not I'd be a student under Cecil, Shadow or Locke.  Leaning towards Cecil.  Though if Kain was the Dragoon instructor...

And if you don't mind a suggestion, outlining all the different stats and what they mean might be handy.  There's some stats in the stats specializations that don't appear in the stats/proficiencies part.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Wheresmycow on July 26, 2012, 06:32:00 PM
Color me interested, though it tears me apart to decide whether or not I'd be a student under Cecil, Shadow or Locke.  Leaning towards Cecil.  Though if Kain was the Dragoon instructor...

And if you don't mind a suggestion, outlining all the different stats and what they mean might be handy.  There's some stats in the stats specializations that don't appear in the stats/proficiencies part.

A lot of those stats are conflated with eachother but are the same thing. The only thing that isn't really explained is luck and that's more of a hidden attribute

HP: obvious
MP:  obvious
Strength, also listed as power: Potential to inflict physical based damage
Durability, also listed as defense: Your ability to take a hit, I think durability sounds better but durability isn't widely used in FF.
Speed encompasses agility: Speed pertains more to your ability to attack pre-emptively , agility is your ability to evade .
Weapon ability also referred to as Dex or Dexteriety: Just a fancy word for skill, deteremines crit hits and accuracy. The Gambler class has Luck as a substitute for Weapon ability. I thought it would be cool for this class to focus on luck as an attribute as opposed to dex.
Intellect: Magic Potency based around black magic.
Spirit: Magic Potency based around white magic and magic defense.

Wheresmycow

Kain Highwind as Dragoon instructor!  Totally want to play a Dragoon.

And ah, I see.  Makes sense with how you've got it arrayed.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

BlackestKnight

Character in Progress
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Kai
Race: Highland Human/Half -Viera
Physical Description:

Height & Weight: 6'3" 181lbs
Class Majors:
1st Major: Black belt
2nd Major: Athlete
3rd Major: Keyblader
Weapons of choice: Fist, Blitzball, Keyblade
Personality: To be developed
Backstory: To be developed

Strength: A
Speed or Agility:S
Durability or Defense: B
Intellect: C+
Weapon Ability or Dexteriety: B
Magical Aptitude or Spirit:C-

Latooni Subota

Color me interested in this. I'd totally like to try something involving Blue or Black Magic. I don't have time to read up more because my lunch break is about to end, but it seems nifty!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Panduhmoanium

I'm quite interested as well... Especially after playing FFXI for over 5 years.

I guess I'll be the first Samurai/Dragoon/Ranger

SheepishRogue

I'm also interested, though I've only briefly glanced over it. I'll choose classes once I've properly looked it over :) Most likely a magic-based character.
More about me!       Ons and Offs
Skype Available

Wheresmycow

I'll work on a full character concept, but what I think I'll be going with is a Dragoon/Ninja/Black Belt with Strength: B, Speed or Agility: A and Weapon Ability or Dexteriety: S.  To counter someone like the taciturn and stoic Kain and Shadow, he's probably going to be energetic and maybe a little on the Shonen pervy side.  He does have Tifa as a prof after all.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

MzHyde

Prince Truhan

Empyrean

I'm thinking of going with Summoner/Mech Master/Mage Knight as my three majors. :)

Primarch

Think I'll throw my hat in the ring for this.

Jin-Samurai/Black Belt/Summoner

Name: Jin
Sex: Male
Race: Cetra
Physical Description:

Roomate:
Height & Weight:
Class Majors:
1st Major: Samurai
2nd Major: Black Belt
3rd Major: Summoner
Weapons of choice: Katana, Fists, Summoning Staff
Personality: {WIP}
Theme Song: {WIP}
Backstory: {WIP}

Strength: S
Speed or Agility: A+
Durability or Defense: A
Intellect: D
Weapon Ability or Dexterity: B
Magical Aptitude or Spirit: B

AribethAmkiir

Please consider me for this game:

Ariana Aurastone

Name: Ariana Aurastone
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Physical Description:

Roomate:
Height & Weight: 5'7", 135 lbs
Class Majors:
1st Major: White Mage
2nd Major: Summoner
3rd Major: Black Mage
Weapons of choice: Staffs
Personality: Ariana is a very spiritual and caring human being who does her best to see the good in people.  Intelligent, whimsical, and mischievous, Ariana likes to keep those around her on their toes.  However, she can become serious and focused when the situation calls for it.  At times she tries too hard to act like nothing is bothering her and focuses on the problems of others to the exclusion of her own.  While she is more than willing to listen to the woes and worries of her friends, she has difficulty opening up herself. 
Theme Song: possibly - http://youtu.be/OugIda_N3bg 
Backstory: (WIP)

Strength: C
Speed or Agility: A
Intellect: A+
Weapon Ability or Dexterity: B
Magical Aptitude or Spirit: S

Wheresmycow

Taric Highwind

Name: Taric Highwind
Race: Hume
Physical Description:
Roommate:
Height & Weight: 6'0", 170 lbs
Class Majors:
1st Major: Dragoon
2nd Major: Ninja
3rd Major: Paladin
Weapons of choice: Spear/lance, Katana, Shield
Personality: A cheerful young man, being at the university bolsters his already energetic personality.  Confident, and slightly naive, Taric loves to face a challenge, and is rather tenacious.  He's passionate, and even when hanging back to observe, he's burning with the desire to leap into action.  And, to the dismay of some of the village girls back home, a little bit of pervert.
Theme Song: Backstory: Taric Highwind is related to Kain, though only distantly, being Kain's grandfather's great grandson ie. a second cousin once removed. Despite the distance, Taric was rather pleased to be related to such a famous figure, and eagerly became a Dragoon to follow after 'uncle' Kain's footsteps.   His own personal history is rather lackluster in comparison.  A village boy, Taric was the son of a tailor and a baker, with an older brother and sister.  With the two siblings taking over for the parents, Taric spent most of his time getting into trouble, pulling pranks and what not.  Natural nimble, the rascal was hard to deal with, though harmless and innocent.  He felt deep down inside that there was a place for him outside a village, where he could do something more meaningful with his life other than raise chickens.

He'd otherwise would have been just a normal energetic young boy, except for one incident where he managed to fend off a wild pack of dogs with only a broom, saving another young girl in his village.  At that point, he appointed himself village defender, and caused even more problems jumping from roofs to roofs, looking for monsters to beat up.  Despite all of his naivety, he managed to train himself to be something resembling competent, and the letter from Dissidia Universitas only confirmed the feeling that he belonged in a bigger world.

Strength: B
Speed or Agility: A
Intellect: C-
Weapon Ability or Dexterity: S+
Magical Aptitude or Spirit: C
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Panduhmoanium

Name: Ranperre d'Oraguille
Race: Elvaan
Physical Description:
Ranperre d'Oranguille
Roomate:(currently open for applications ;])
Height & Weight:6'5" 220 Pounds
Class Majors:
1st Major: Samurai
2nd Major: Dragoon
3rd Major: Ranger
Weapons of choice: Katanas, Polearms, and Bows.
Personality: As most Elvaan, Gale has his picture next to the dictionary's definition of the term, "Prideful." With little to say until given a reason to, he isn't normally one to initiate a conversation. Though he's quite easy to get along with, most steer clear of him due to the slab of slate which sits on his face, normally showing no emotion  what so ever. Some find it was a competition to make him smile, which isn't too much of a difficult task if you know much about him.
Theme Song:
All That Remains - The Air That I Breathe
Backstory: (currently working on Backstory)

Strength: A+
Speed or Agility: B
Durability or Defense: A-
Intellect: C+
Weapon Ability or Dexterity: S+
Magical Aptitude or Spirit: D

MzHyde

Name:Yoko Yatari                                                       Strength:B
Age:18                                                                      Speed:A
Sex:Female                                                                 Defense:D
Race:Human                                                               Intellect:A+
Roomate:(OPEN!)                                                       Weapon Ability:C
Height & Weight:5'10'' 110lbs                                     Magic Ability:S
Class Majors:
1st Major: White Mage
2nd Major: Red Mage
3rd Major: Mage Knight
Weapons of choice:Long Sword & Rod
Theme Song:http://youtu.be/i5jac7guTK0

Physical Description:Buxom and attractive, Yoko makes quite a sight no matter who's doing the looking. For a healer, it seems ironic that she'd drive people to such impure thoughts, but one can't help one's calling. When she doesn't have to wear her school uniform she usually dresses in a slightly modified version of her chosen profession's garb; a low-cut white top with no sleeves and a hood that zips up the front. It sports red triangular designs around the bottom, neckline, and around the edge of the hood. Below, she wears a pair of white leggings that cling to her long legs, and a pair of tall red boots with gold buckles.

Personality:Sweet and kind, always willing to help those in need. Fitting, considering her major. She loves to be around other people and hates being left alone, so she does what she can to make friends and go along with the group. Don't think that makes her weak-willed, however, as inside of her is a capable and brave woman. She will fight to the last to protect those she cares about.

Backstory:Yoko comes from a rich merchant family in Ivalice. Her parents have always striven to give their daughter whatever she wants, but she always felt much better earning rewards through hard work. She spent days working in her father's successful item shop and through that, learned the value of helping others. In her interest to be helpful to her town and Ivalice as a whole, she began training as a White Mage. Seeing a natural talent for it within herself, she his finally asked her parents for one thing; to apply to the University. Upon being accepted, she gave her parents a warm goodbye and left to further herself. Yoko has decided to study not only White Magic, but also learn the secrets of Red Magic, both to bolster her own offense and allow her to double cast White Magic. She's also taken an interest in the Magic Knight course, planning to use it to help her defend herself so people don't have to look after her all the time.

AribethAmkiir

BlackestKnight

Listen up, I have a few ideas on how I should handle this dorm and roommate thing. Tell me which one you would prefer. One would allow you guys to pick roomates regardless of sex, a co-ed type roomate situation. The way this works is that you PM me 3 names of characters you are most interested in, and 3 characters you are least interested in. Roomates will be decided based on a most- like function. Another idea is to have public housing based on similar interests. Like Fraternities and Sororities

The dorm houses would be named after summons. Shiva House(all-girls),Ifrit House(all-boys). Then there's Odin House, a House for Melee oriented majors(both men and women can opt to join this one).  Omega House for the techies and Range-types, Leviathan House for the magic oriented people, Alexander house for the group Templars and Hades House would be for followers of the Necrophyle group. Lastly, members of the Student  Council have their own house, Ultima House. A very pimped out, lavish luxury home.

MzHyde

I'm cool with whatever people decide. Whomever wants to room with Yoko is fine with me.