News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Twin Kingdoms of Zagzys and Bergovia [AD&D]

Started by The Great Triangle, February 14, 2010, 04:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I can't access the xp documentation either regarding level what is the Level for a Cleric if that's all she is?

WyzardWhately

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 20, 2010, 04:19:00 PM
I can't access the xp documentation either regarding level what is the Level for a Cleric if that's all she is?

Level five, and pretty close to leveling.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Tagan on February 20, 2010, 03:53:37 PM
As I am still restricted to my I-touch, I can't open the experience document.  After three levels of magic-user do I have enough exp left for 3 levels of thief or not?

More usefully, you could actually go MU 4/Thief 5, with just a tad left over.  You can't go MU 5/Thief 4, though.  MU levels are expensive.

EDIT: You can just barely do MU 5/Thief 3.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

The Great Triangle

First edition is perfectly fine for reference.  Spell descriptions are essentially similar, but I'm going to be doing errata level changes (mostly) as I go through the spell lists.  (which I should be doing faster)  Once everything's done it'll be definative, but for now, first edition is a pretty good reference, and OSRIC is essentially identical in many respects.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Question I have a NE Cleric I thought usually evil clerics Command the Undead not turn them, just asking though.

And for a 5th Level Cleric is this right for spell acquisition: 1st Level 2, 2nd Level 1 and 3rd Level 1  I hope I read the rules right?

I assume we can roll hit points also but wanted to check.

BTW for clerics ,er, priests should they get some sort of special ability per diety to add some flavor just a thought say when they get spells. Might be nice to think about to make each special.

Tagan

Thanks!  Whee!  Third level spells on a third level thief!

Happy happy, joy joy.

And Ixy, perhaps in 30 years or so, she might be helped by a Drow Ranger/Thief

WyzardWhately

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 20, 2010, 04:45:25 PM
And for a 5th Level Cleric is this right for spell acquisition: 1st Level 2, 2nd Level 1 and 3rd Level 1  I hope I read the rules right?

My reading is 3/2/1...a chart would be better, but GT has already put quite a load on his own plate regarding the wiki.

ADDENDUM: I just checked the magic-user section and HOLY SHIT do I get way more spells per day than I thought.

Here I come, monsters, and hell's a comin' with me!

RubySlippers

Magic-Users do have very slow advancement however, but lots of spells.

Anathanasia

I wasn't try to say that an assassin wouldn't have people or things to assassinate in a remote temple, just that it's not their usual stomping grounds, y'know?

'sides, with my own personal proclivities I'd be a fool to try to actually keep my character out of an adventure like that, wouldn't I? Tentacled cthulian horrors... ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Tagan

I seem to have successfully posted my character sheet for 'Coral Nightshade' but not linked to your character sheet page?  The sheet is incomplete, because I have a few questions.

Mainly, I believe I get 3 1st, 2 2nd, and 1 3rd lvl spell to cast each day, correct?  But how many spells do I know?

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Tagan on February 20, 2010, 09:00:10 PM
I seem to have successfully posted my character sheet for 'Coral Nightshade' but not linked to your character sheet page?  The sheet is incomplete, because I have a few questions.

Mainly, I believe I get 3 1st, 2 2nd, and 1 3rd lvl spell to cast each day, correct?  But how many spells do I know?

I just asked him to roll up what spells my character knows.  That might work for you - it's apparently random.

Quote from: Anathanasia on February 20, 2010, 08:18:06 PM
I wasn't try to say that an assassin wouldn't have people or things to assassinate in a remote temple, just that it's not their usual stomping grounds, y'know?

'sides, with my own personal proclivities I'd be a fool to try to actually keep my character out of an adventure like that, wouldn't I? Tentacled cthulian horrors... ;)

I may have been unclear...the temple is actually in the city, it's hidden.  Probably near the port, since they're largely amphibious.  So, it's definitely a non-wilderness adventure.  Also, there's a high risk the high priest of the temple will escape.  Somebody is going to have to make sure that sonofabitch gets smoked.  Could be you, if you want the job.

Anathanasia

Quote from: WyzardWhately on February 20, 2010, 09:36:26 PM
I may have been unclear...the temple is actually in the city, it's hidden.  Probably near the port, since they're largely amphibious.  So, it's definitely a non-wilderness adventure.  Also, there's a high risk the high priest of the temple will escape.  Somebody is going to have to make sure that sonofabitch gets smoked.  Could be you, if you want the job.

Oh, yeah, nice. Sure...do I remember there being a 1e book that had prices for assassination contracts? That 1e DMG had all kinds of cool charts and tables, from what I recall.

Either way, I do want to start and definately don't want to be left out because I'm being difficult, so it definately works for me. Especially if there's a chance of trouble...hehe... ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Tagan

Quote from: WyzardWhately on February 20, 2010, 09:36:26 PM
I just asked him to roll up what spells my character knows.  That might work for you - it's apparently random.

Well, it's only random the first spell, and if you fail to roll your spell getting percentages.

That's why I need to know how many I get to know.  I want to start rolling for them.

Kate

have updated with details of my village
(which may be moved into another section in Bergovia)

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Ayeoa

It needs approval by the great triangle in its current state and some idea
of the financial benefits the village can get from its silk production etc before time can tick over for the community.

Also my character is in a state ready for adventure.  Either her or one or more of my followers I am happy to role play either alone or with others that are adventures from the other thread (The Twin Kingdoms of Zagzys and Bergovia) (they can be part of my community or someone I hire ... or someone I happen to meet ..)

Currently the village is taxless - with the hope new village- industries will pay for the villages improvement (and military) directly ... ideally keeping the populus tax free..

RubySlippers

My character will be ready soon. Just deciding on what she could do to make a living.

The Great Triangle

Consult https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Abilities for details on how many spells you get.  If you end up rolling random spells and get a spell you already have, you develop an enhanced version of the spell.  (this is one of the changes I've made)  The spells section of the wiki covers the special spells you can get.

Quote from: Kate on February 21, 2010, 07:50:34 AM
have updated with details of my village
(which may be moved into another section in Bergovia)

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Ayeoa

It needs approval by the great triangle in its current state and some idea
of the financial benefits the village can get from its silk production etc before time can tick over for the community.

Currently the village is taxless - with the hope new village- industries will pay for the villages improvement (and military) directly ... ideally keeping the populus tax free..

The village also looks alright, although I see it having a population more than 1000 or so, assuming that the families you talked about are just the leading families.  Raising new industries in the town will make your population more loyal and improve the town's growth rate, which can let you charge more taxes.  It'll eventually require a financial outlay from you to get things going though.  (and your gems are an extremely dangerous way of doing that.)

Ons and Offs

Kate

well in order to make certain decisions - can you tell me how much my village can get from just silk farms alone (which they sell in markets in neighboring cities and villages)

... also what size a community you think is suitable ... i am happy for those families to be lead families.

the gems are more in hope of creating the strange creatures i am talking about - and to pay for the outlay of tools etc for the real industries which will be the villages income.

lets say 1000 people min ... i want to have (if i need to role play them or not) some of the other industries before the town grows - thus keeping it tax free - perhaps different one off charges may be imposed for some things - but no blanket taxes for any of those that are lower than middle class. (I am not sure how much my purse can manage to pay for things until it gets out of hand and devalues itself (some idea of what trickle is acceptable would help).

Its more loyalty and decent standard of living i prefer over city growth - I have a plan for it increasing in power in ways other than just more people which i am happy to talk to any about.

The Great Triangle

Silk farming can generate a decent enough income to support the importation of manufactured and luxury goods.  I'm not going to track the GDP of every town in the world, because that would be really, REALLY painful. 

At any rate, the purse's economic effects depend mostly on what it's used for, since the thing was built as a weapon of mass destruction by a god of thievery.  You can count on it being able to pay for tools to expand your community without damaging anything, but if you use it to hoard wealth or pay for a mercenary army, you'll attract the wrath of the gods. 

Ons and Offs

Tagan

Quote from: The Great Triangle on February 21, 2010, 10:39:44 AM
Consult https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Abilities for details on how many spells you get.  If you end up rolling random spells and get a spell you already have, you develop an enhanced version of the spell.  (this is one of the changes I've made)  The spells section of the wiki covers the special spells you can get.

Of course I read this already... however I'm not sure I understand it.  Do you mean I get 7 spells of each level?  Or 11 spells?

Also, how can I fix the character sheet in the wiki?

The Great Triangle

You get 7 spells of each level, but can learn up to 11.

Also, I can fix your character sheet's formatting on the wiki.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I asked this earlier why don't EVIL clerics command undead it seems logical since they are most likely to animate corpses since that is generally seen as the practice of dark folks. I see all clerics in your game turn them though seems odd since my character is not good?

The Great Triangle

Actually all clerics have the capacity to protect and bolster undead, and whatever other catagories of beings their gods exert power over.  This is explained in the turn udead rules.  A cleric of Tlazolet would have the ability to turn Succubi at the same efficiency other clerics turn unded, in addition to being able to turn undead.  Bolstering undead would be extremely unlikely, unless they were vampires, since Tlazolet's purview has a lot to do with life and fecundity.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I have a question how much and can I get bouncers, soldiers wouldn't suit a whorehouse  I need a big nasty scary brutes that can pound in heads if needed but have that don't frak with me thing going. I was thinking 20sp a month each base, plus a room for the right street savey type of fighting man. Armored in studded leather, with light weapons like a short sword and dagger. In most settled areas of size getting their armor and weapons maintained should be available. I should only need two on staff. Sound ok?

I decided on her role now she will own and run a church of her deity ,not a temple, in some settlement that is large enough that is well your classic whorehouse and drug den (poison sold to kill vermin only naturally)  ;D

Naturally we need to work out her income I'm thinking an open door policy for a donation to the temple (for up to a day), girls hirelings but fairly treated so if I do that how much for whores? I could do the take the cut but I'd prefer to just pay them for the month and have them work. I just need to figure out how to do this.

The Great Triangle

What you just described is light infantry.  :-)  You hire light infantry and call them bouncers.  Such people will have sufficient training to do bouncer work, though you'll need to hire a warrior of at least 1st level to supervise them and keep them orderly. 

As for whores, the term "body servant" is actually a euphanism for prostitute, so whores cost 50sp a month each.  A well run den of sin in a prosperous community makes a decent profit, although I don't want to worry too much about it, since your character is likely running the business for religious reasons, and will instead receive xp based on the health of the bordello. 

Ons and Offs

Kate

wow. cool.

I think it would be cool if ruby could find or create an item that allowed her to control undead, if evil priests can't already do so.