The lord of the rings: The fellowship(s) of the ring.

Started by applesauce, November 15, 2010, 02:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

applesauce

For J.R.R.Tolkien.

Those who cannot see, seek their sight. Powerful beings; men, orcs, elves and dwarfs alike, sought to overthrow the other. Blind were they that their lust for power entitles the dark lord Sauron to the gift of control. Seven rings were forged for them. Elves, dwarves, men, all former warriors now seduced by the harsh powers of the rings granted to them. But one ring stood above all else. One ring for no man, elf, dwarf or orc to bear. The one ring for the dark lord Sauron; The one ring to rule them all. Through centuries of war, this ring was lost by its bearer. Slain, the ring's power fell into the greedy hearts of men. They sought out to destroy it, finding only that it destroyed them. The ring had since then disappeared from the eyes of the world, in the very same caverns in which it were crafted: Mount Doom.

Centuries later in the merry, hobbit run town of the shire, the young hobbit Frodo Baggins comes into possession of the ring through his uncle, Bilbo Baggins. One night, he wore the ring, an act that would change the fate of middle earth as we knew it. He saw through his eyes what no man should ever see: The eye of Sauron. A wizard by the name of Gandalf the Grey,sought out the help and council of the elves. The council devised a fellowship, consisting of a ranger, and elf, a dwarf, a rider of Gondor, and four hobbits. Guiding their path would be Gandalf, the wisest of the quest. The quest for Mordor, and the fires of mount Doom where the ring would be destroyed once and for all. Along their travels, they come across a small village, one in which you reside. Your people have welcomed them and they invite the willing to join their quest. Will you join them in a quest to throw the veils of death over all evil? Or will you stay with your town, praying against the inevitable destruction to be brought forth by the known forces of Sauron?

Character Sheet
Name:
Appearance: [Personal artwork preferred, no google images! That or describe your appearance.]
Weapons:
Burden: [Your character's inventory. Please no trunk carrying. Whatever you can fit in a sack or cloth bag goes here]
Bio: [No less than a sentence, no more than a paragraph.]

Have you read the books?: [Yes/No]
Have you seen the movie?: [Yes/No]

Abilities: [What your character specializes in. ONLY ONE as of the start of the game.]

Also, keep a die handy, 1D6 should be good (6 Sided die).

This is a freeform roleplay but some luck decisions shall be made by die. I ask only that you be fair and just and use only what values are shown on the die, and not what are favorable for lucky decisions. This is to keep a fair and enjoyable roleplaying environment for everyone.

Lynnie

Interested!!

Name: Miranda Wrede (Mira is the nickname preffered)
Race: Half-Elf
Appearance:

Height: 5 feet 3 inches
Weight: 120 pounds
~Appearance: Slender with curvy features, golden-green eyes, soft pink lips, smooth ivory skin, and long light brown hair.
Weapons: Twin daggers, throwing stars, and a light crossbow with a quiver of twenty bolts
Burden: A few pieces of gold, small frying pan, small pot, bowl, spoon, and a waterskin.
Bio: Mira worked hard, hunting and gathering for her village. When the group appeared she happily volunteered to join up with them to help stop the evil from taking over the land once again.

Have you read the books?: YES
Have you seen the movie?: Yes (Have all three :D )

Abilities: Hunting and tracking

((Is this what you were looking for?))

applesauce

Yes this is what I am looking for but I need more than 1 player for it to become a group roleplay... :(

otherwise may as well port it to 1 on 1

applesauce

Name: Evelyn Draucher
Race: Human
Appearance: Tall with blonde hair, a seemingly fragile structure as portrayed by her clothing, hiding quite a bit of muscle and her knowledge of the blade. With blue eyes and a charming face, Evelyn has been asked by her parents to marry many times, all of which she turned down as arranged marriage was not one of her views, though her parents may say otherwise.

Weapons: A longsword and a shield.
Burden: A week's ration of food, a wineskin, a whetstone, two changes of clothes, a mirror, a small knife, a dagger and a pair of flint stones.

Bio: Born and raised in the small village of Kandar, near Bree, Evelyn was raised to marry, forced to learn to cook and clean after a man. She secretly watched her brothers train for war and sought their wisdom of the blade. Being their sister, they happily obligued, teaching her in secret until the day she was asked to marry. She turned down the offer and got into a scuffle with her parents. She became a pariah to the family and continued training of swordplay on her own as her brothers had been forbidden to teach her how to use a sword any further. Her hopes of escaping the village however, came true on the day the fellowship travelled through the town.

Have you read the books? : Yes - GM
Have you seen the movie? : Yes - GM [all three too! :) gosh I miss those days :P]

Abilities: Evelyn has an advanced knowledge in swordplay. She can wield a sword well and has a higher chance than most men in combat, simply because of quicker reaction times.

BrokenMirror

I have a question before I join this, are you using the lord of the Rings role play books at all?  And do you mind if a player has only read a couple of the books?

applesauce

A couple of the books are fine, and I am not using the lord of the rings rp book. I'm going by the original storyline.

Kiric Rand

If you guys would like, I can jump in and make a character. Sounds fun after all.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

applesauce

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

minerva7790

Definitely interested! I'll put up a profile soon. ;)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

kingOFcalifornication

Name: Lethran Pellarhil.
Race: Human.
Appearance: A well-muscled man of 32. A head of dirty blonde hair adorns his head. Aside from his handsome features, the only standout attributes would be his various and intricate tattoos.
Weapons: A short-sword, dagger, bow with a handful of arrows typically used for hunting.
Burden: Substantial rations, a couple of extra pairs of clothing, sharpening stones, a single pot and bowl.
Bio: Lethran was born in Southern Gondor, many miles from the capital city of Minas Tirith. He was raised in a small, nameless village and spent most of his time in the processes of farming, herding, and other duties required of those who live off the land. This simple life was short lived, seeing as roving bands of orcs from Mordor were prone to plundering these most empty lands between the two metropolitan areas of Minas Tirith and Dol Amroth. In one such attack, his family was slaughtered, save his sister. The pair of them were whisked off to Minas Tirith to relative safety. Here, Lethran thrived. His new found vigor for combat made him perfect for an apprentice ship with the soldiers of Gondor. Years passed and his skills only increased. During a visit with his sister to Esgaroth, his sister was tragically killed in a goblin raid. This was the proverbial nail in the coffin, pushing Lethran to become a career military man. And so he did, spending his years in combat or training for combat. However, shortly after his 30th year, the man suddenly retired. His yearning for violence suddenly ended and he quickly left the city to begin a life once again living off the land in a small village, until the Fellowship arrived.

Have you read the books?: [Yes]
Have you seen the movie?: [Yes]

Abilities: Swift, agile swordplay.

applesauce

Ooh haven't checked back here in a while, what a delight! :)

King accepted

Lynnie hope you're still with us

Everyone else I await your profiles! :)

Lynnie

Oh I'm still here. I"m waiting for this to get started :D

Kiric Rand

Name: Varis Swiftpaw
Race: Human
Appearance:
(Doesn't have pointed ears, and the tail there is more a decoration, not an actual tail on the character :P)

Weapons: Greatsword, Throwing daggers. Shortbow with 25 arrows
Burden: Rations, Bedroll, Waterskin, Sharpening Stones, Fishing Net
Bio: Varis is an orphan, his last name long forgotten. As a young teenager he had found his way to Rohan, serving as a scout and ranger for the Horselords. Although never officially part of the kingdom, Varis was granted the last name of Swiftpaw for his skills in the wilderness. The people of Rohan know about Varis, and know that as long as he is watching, they have nothing to fear.

Have you read the books?: Yes
Have you seen the movie?: Yes (own all three and extended versions :P)

Abilities: Scouting
[Floatright]
[/float]

applesauce

Kirik dump that armor :P that looks too far ahead of the in game time...

Kiric Rand

no worries, he won't actually have that, it was just a way of showing what he looked like
[Floatright]
[/float]

Lynnie

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]

applesauce

minerva7790

Eep, I still haven't found the time to create my character. I'll try to get that done later. =X

EDIT: Eh, I'm just wondering if it's okay for me to make a male character? Or if it's a good idea. There's already an even mix of male and female now. I just thought male would be more fitting into the LotR setting.

applesauce

Male it is! They'd be more inclined to take a male anyway as you said, by the setting.

-Should I wait before starting?

minerva7790

Name: Thoronur (lit. 'eagle-fire') of Lorien
Race: Elf
Appearance: (I can't draw, so I'll describe) Shoulder-length silvery-blond hair crowns the head of this elf-lord. Thoronur wears his hair straight down, with small braids near his ears, as befits an elf of his status. Under his trimmed eyebrows, his slanted-eyes are amber. Like most elves, his complexion is pale, and his frame is tall and thin. Thoronur wears light leather armour over a beige tunic and pants, usually covered with a dark grey cloak. He wears a ring on his left hand too. Slung on his back is his sturdy bow and a quiver of arrows that never seems to run out. At his left side, he caries two light curved blades with elven script carved into the hilt.
Weapons: A bow and quiver of arrows, two curved blades of elven design.
Burden: Water skin, lembas rations, bedroll, a mess tin for cooking and eating, and a wooden flute. Shampoo and conditioner.
Bio: War is upon Middle Earth, and yet all the his people can think of is flee over the sea. This war is the human's war, they say. Disgusted by the mentality of his people, Thoronur often leaves home on long journeys, hunting orc and gathering news of the war. With his skill in arms trained from young, and his knowledge of herblore, Thoronur is able to survive fairly well alone in the wild. When he is home, he tries to persuade his people that this war concerns them too. But his hope of persuading his kin to take up arms is failing. This journey, Thoronur is determined not to return home. If the elves would not fight, then he would have to turn to humans, and the other Free Peoples of Middle Earth as allies.

Have you read the books?: Yes, including the Hobbit and bits of The Silmarillion.
Have you seen the movie?: Yes!

Abilities: Apart from the agility and dexterity of his people, Thoronur has some skill in manipulating the elements, as his people does, using (one of) the elven language, Sindarin.

Umm, hope the ability is okay, since elves already have some abilities innate to their race.

Lynnie

I wanted to be the werid one and kind force myself onto the party :D

minerva7790

Quote from: Lynnie on November 22, 2010, 09:15:51 PM
I wanted to be the werid one and kind force myself onto the party :D

Haha, and that's good too. I don't suppose Thoronur would approve, but then, he is already doing something unconventional, so he would understand eventually.