A False Kingdom – Urban Dystopia [EX] Interest Check

Started by Sparrowhawke, December 29, 2015, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Tentatively interested.  However, I wonder just how big this game is looking to be and post rate?  I am extremely slow under the best circumstances...

The other question determines if I will join:  Is there any form of...let's say technomagic?  The reason I ask is because I have recently come across a lovely image that I have been seeking a place to play him in:

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Sparrowhawke

I have also been known to be fairly slow, I don't think a super fast pace is going to be happening in this one

As for technomagic, I would say..... very maybe if it could be explained in less of a magic sense? This isn't going to be a supernatural rp, but at the same time I have rather intentionally neglected to mention how 'futuristic' this setting is. So if you've got idea's I'm open to hearing them~

(Feel free to go with something else, but previous incarnations of this story/setting have had a Monitor, who keeps an eye on all of the cameras. Having someone who's sort of semi-permanently 'jacked in' to the network would fit~)

Also damn that is a nice picture good lord

King Serperior

Okay, I am just wary regarding group games because my low post speed tends to hold up games that expect one or more posts per week.  I could maybe get a post every couple of weeks.

As for that, perhaps someone who is very intricately entwined with bio-mechanical body parts.  What I mean is that he has synthetic parts of his body, such as a hand where he could 'jack into' various computer systems.  Perhaps he has something like a thin wire-like cable that he can attach to a system that connects to his spinal cord.  Perhaps having a bio-mechanical eye that has thermal vision among other things.  What I am thinking of is a perfect blend between machine and biology.

However, you have mentioned a Monitor.  May I have some more information regarding the roles of such a person?

Also, thanks!  That was my first thought as well!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Nadir

Name: Myst Ferrow
Nickname: Dollmaker, Slavebreaker
Gender/Sex: Female/female
Orientation: Homoromantic, bisexual, switch with domme preference

Role: Court slavetrader
Appearance: Delicate, vulnerable, ghostly fair skin, colourless hair, dark eyes, dark lips curvaceous. She dresses herself the same way as she dresses her dolls, except unlike they, she has a bared face, and unaltered. No tattoos, no cyborg implants, no piercings. She give her slaves these decorations and distinguishing marks instead, but delights in wearing nothing but jewels on occasion.
Personality: Aloof, unforgiving, and brutal to those in her 'care' but polite, almost diminutive to those she serves. Her motives and desires are her closest guarded secret. She holds grudges for years and schemes intricate plots to punish those she thinks have done wrong. Her greatest pleasure in life is breaking her dolls, though it is a private delight. 
Background: She is a new member of court, recently exiled to the prison-city after her penchant for collecting and breaking people was discovered, slavery and forced surgeries illegal in the extreme. She paid highly to be sent to Méfiance instead of incarcerated in another prison where she could not practice her choice hobby.

She quickly made a name for herself (by killing several small-time slavers who tried to take her) as someone who could turn out high quality products. She makes gifts of disposable pets to the king, a tithe every half-year, and in exchange she has a protection force of Thrones to keep any who seek to take her possessions or position as their own.
Extras: She keeps her slaves pliable with the help of a drug called Void, a mix of aphrodisiacs and suppressants, dripped into the eye for greatest effect though can also be dripped into the mouth or mixed with what lubricants she cares to make use of. She herself partakes in it, though it doesn't subdue her as it does her dolls. She is enraptured by her own image, her chambers filled with mirrors. All her dolls are partially masked ([1][2][3])

Played by: Dim Hon
Killable?: Yes

Sparrowhawke

In general the Monitor was someone who would be in charge of monitoring the city's (many many) security cameras and informing the King of anything he might be interested in watching. They would focus on the contestants whenever the game is going, of course, but they'd be watching for security issues as well, like attempted escapes and the like.

King Serperior

Okay, well, I'll think on it.  I am still iffy on adding one more game, but this will remain on my radar.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Drake Valentine

A Jester Throne

I may make or not, depends whichever way my muse swings.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sparrowhawke

Wolfling72

Only here because dark, depraved, twisted things are love...oh and to say that I will be back, if I can think on a character concept that fits with the game's tone.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Sparrowhawke

Wolfling72

The depravity is but one portion of it~ there is also the unintelligible blood lust, a chance at random dismemberment and maybe even leans close violently bloody random sex acts...

Thinks about this

The ONLY thing I know for sure is that (if I find a concept) there will be no pre-assigned friggin; gender.  They will be them and that's all.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Nadir

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Wolfling72 on January 07, 2016, 11:11:25 PM
The depravity is but one portion of it~ there is also the unintelligible blood lust, a chance at random dismemberment and maybe even leans close violently bloody random sex acts...

Thinks about this

The ONLY thing I know for sure is that (if I find a concept) there will be no pre-assigned friggin; gender.  They will be them and that's all.

Hnnn, sounds wonderful~

Wolfling72

And yet the only picture I've found that even remotely comes close to the look I want is...

almost inherently masculine despite the androgynous look.

*grabby hands* But they are so damned pretty.

Them

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Dim Hon on January 06, 2016, 05:30:16 PM
I'd be willing to have someone play a slave or two, if it would lure any new players in~

Whyfor you tease me with my favorite flavor of slave-doll?

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Nadir

*grins* Because I know I can~

You should never tell me your weaknesses, I'll just abuse them mercilessly

>w>

Geeklet

Quote from: Dim Hon on January 08, 2016, 10:02:33 AM
*grins* Because I know I can~

You should never tell me your weaknesses, I'll just abuse them mercilessly

>w>

That sounds like incentive to me.

Wolfling72

Drops them off.

Name: Samael White
Nickname: Samite
Gender/Sex: Genderfluid/ Why does it matter? (They/Them)
Orientation: Aromantic/Pansexual
Role: Citizen (contestant?)

Appearance: Samite is tall (6'), slender, and long of limb. Their back is covered in ink: dragon piece with the number 29 inked on their nape. No piercings. Black clothing and pale makeup are their usual go to attire as they usually don't spend much time trying to BE attractive much like a snake doesn't have to BE pretty. They are what they are, in the exact same way.

Personality: Quiet. Manipulative. Vicious. Intelligent. There are other words that could be used to describe Them and topping the list would be Psychopath. It doesn't matter and They do not care. The concept of Love is foreign: a word used to lull people into believing stupidity and acting outside of their own interests. Samite does NOT have that problem. Inquisitive and flexible, using whatever tools come to hand, they are like a great hunting cat with the morals to match.

Background: They killed their first vic at age 10. It had been planned and executed, perfectly, and was accomplished SIMPLY to see what it would be like. They found the entire process rather enjoyable and were soon a ward of the state because the death of their parents came soon after; a house fire, don't you know? They'd been lucky to survive.

Five deaths in five years, at least that is what the State thought. The murders were ALL different: a garroting, a beheading, a (suspected) rage killing, 7mm rifled slug to the back of a head, arson. There was no rhyme or reason, the victims crossed all gender and ethnic lines BUT they'd been caught and convicted just after their 16th birthday. Of course, in the end, that hadn't mattered. The state hadn't caught up with them. No. They'd wanted into the prison system to see what it was like. They'd killed two guards, four (or was it five?) prisoners and added assault after assault to their record.

Their known body count? Eleven.

Sentenced to a maximum security prison for life without the possibility of parole, they'd ended up in solitary confinement for the torture of a fellow inmate. (The screams had been musical and the things one could do with splinters? Astounding!) That should have been the end of it but on their 22nd birthday? Their sentence had been transferred and they'd ended up in the City. It was THEN that they'd added the number 29 to their nape, the number of victims they remembered. Maybe there'd been more but what's a life or two in the great scheme of things?

Since then? They'd had the run of their little corner~ no longer interested in killing for it's own sake, they now dabble in  torture, both psychological and physical, as it is ever so much more entertaining. While anyone is up for grabs, they do tend to stay away from children. There is no sport in it, same with MOST women. Instead they prefer to go up against those who are larger, broader or supposedly, more dangerous. Therefore they now have a TYPE~ brutal males with an especial enjoyment for those males who think of themselves as "straight".

And all of it is even more fun then they'd ever imagined.

Extras:
ooh look goodies
Samite has a collection of straight razors, earned through sexual favors and the like. Quite adept with needle and thread, they also have a bit of a clothing side line~ repair for those who are willing to trade services or goods as well as making their own garments. While physically exhibiting male sex organs, they prefer to keep them tucked away so that no one has ever seen them naked, EXCEPT for those they break and/or kill.

Played by: Wolfling72

Killable?: Oh YES.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Sparrowhawke

ooo~ Very nice

I shall get them up onto the character thread soon, currently nomming food and attempting to write a reply for something~

They are now up~

I am thinking of possibly starting the game off either tonight or tomorrow, does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Amelita

Tentatively planting a teensy little flag here...
-stares accusingly at Dim-

Oh and this.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Nadir

King Serperior

Name:  Castle Sparks
Nickname: Often called Sparky, Lapdog (generally behind his back), or Freak (By those who really don't like him).  Other names are given by different people, some worse than others.
Age:  Technically 50 working years, but appears to be in his early 20s.
Gender/Sex:  Physically male and has all the biological components required for sexual activity;  Has a somewhat effeminate male persona;  Responds to male pronouns better than female or neutral ones.
Orientation:  Honestly, he has never thought about it and is open to 'suggestions.'

Role: Monitor
Appearance: Pretty much the same as the image;  Stands around 5'7" in height and weighs a little over 130lbs.  He appears to have what looks like gauges in his ears, though they serve a different purpose.  Often looks lost in thought, even when he is paying complete attention.  Is usually dressed in similar clothing in the image.
Personality:   Easily distracted unless he has a purpose in mind, he seems kind of twitchy more often than not.  It goes beyond saying that he is extremely intelligent, given his position.  He is rather oblivious and misses social cues often.  While love is somewhat alien to him, he does have things and people he likes and dislikes.  Perhaps such a liking may become something akin to love.  He can be rather blunt and is prone to having his words trail off as he thinks of other things or becomes distracted.  He is rather submissive in nature, preferring to avoid conflict where possible.  However, he is not against killing if it comes down to it.  Has a hobby of creating poisons and other chemicals.  He knows computers and machines, so pretty much no electronic locks or firewalls or codes are safe from him if he decides to express and interest.
Background:  In a weird twist between birth and creation, Castle was 'born.'  A near perfect blending between machine and biology, it's hard to tell exactly where nerves end and machine begins.  Due to being not quite human, he grew up very fast and never seemed to actually age beyond what appeared to be his late twenties.  Over the years, he was charged with the duties of a Monitor, especially after the last one was executed in a violent, bloody manner.  Because of what he was, he could do the job many times faster and more efficiently.  The fact that he never really needed to sleep meant he could work for days and weeks on end with no impact on his abilities.

So, after his 16th year of service, he was given the title of Monitor and for the decades after, he did his job well.  Protected by the King completely, he could travel through the city doing his duties with no fear....well, even with that, he was kind of jumpy.  It led him to creating upgrades to his body in case he was attacked by dangerous threats.  Luckily, there was only one incident where his power was put to the test.  On his 43rd year of service, a Throne that was enraged and on the list to be removed from the King's service, attacked him with a blade.  Since this Throne had significant mechanical implants that increased his speed and strength, Castle was able to unleash a surprisingly powerful blast of electromagnetic energy from just a few feet away, sending the Throne into instant cardiac arrest.

From that day forward, he began to receive a kind of wary respect for no one would have believed that he would have survived an attack by someone who was more than twice his weight who had such an reputation for brutal violence.
Extras:
Bio-mechanical secrets

• Electromagnetic Discharge:  Along the palms of his hands and fingertips, Castle has numerous receptors that allow him to discharge enough electricity at a high enough voltage to cause cardiac arrest;  Has to be fairly close to use such an attack;  Requires about a minute to recharge enough power discharge again;  Powered by an advanced core in his chest, opposite of his heart.
  • Auto-Jack:  At the base of his neck and on the index finger on his left hand, he can connect to the system.  He just needs to pull a thin wire from his neck or stick his finger into the right socket.
  • Ocular Sensors:  Left Eye allow him to see in numerous spectrum and can pull up data on subjects, provided he has downloaded their files.
  • Advanced Targeting System:  Right eye provides telescopic and microscopic vision as well as targeting capabilities should he find himself with a ranged weapon.
  • Injector:  His right hand conceals a retractable needle to inject a subject with poisons, truth serums, even healing agents;  Only has five injections of any type at a time (I.E. he could have 1 Poison, 3 Truth Serums, and 1 healing agent or could have all five injections be poisons).
  • Advanced Hearing:  Through the use of what appear to be gauges, which are actually enhancers, he can hear surprisingly far distances.
  • Other systems, if they exist, are unknown.

Played by: King Serperior
Killable?: Open to discussion, though preferably not killed off fast.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Sparrowhawke

It's good, but you'll have to change some of the backstory a bit, since the city's only been around for about 3-4 years. (The age is still fine, he'd just need to have been doing something else before the city came along).

King Serperior

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on January 09, 2016, 07:21:38 PM
It's good, but you'll have to change some of the backstory a bit, since the city's only been around for about 3-4 years. (The age is still fine, he'd just need to have been doing something else before the city came along).
Ah, okay, I must have missed that city's age then.  I'll think of something in the next day or so to make the changes.

EDIT:  I'll sit on this character for now.  The character was bouncing around my head for a few days.  I'll work out on if I can mentally afford to add another game and character.  I just needed to get the character out of my head.  >.<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace