Virus Warning Each Time I Click Onto Elliquiy

Started by PreciousPetra, December 27, 2009, 06:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreciousPetra

Greetings,

Can anyone throw some light on the reason why suddenly my virus protection has taken a dislike to this site? Each time I come to the site I get a warning that the site is infected with Malware. This happens over and over again on each new page I attempt to look at on the site. No other websites I use have such a warning so can anyone tell me why this one is now such a problem?

I have to admit I now only log in when I need to reply to a post because it's too much of a pain otherwise to keep hitting ignore button on every page on here.

Avira is the program I use on my laptop.

Thank you in advance.
~Petra

Vekseid

I'm using Avira also... though it's known to cause a lot of false positives.

Can you take a screenshot of the warning?

Does https://elliquiy.com work?

If you open up a command prompt, and run
ping elliquiy.com

What IP address do you get?

PreciousPetra

Quote from: Vekseid on December 27, 2009, 11:05:44 PM
I'm using Avira also... though it's known to cause a lot of false positives.

Can you take a screenshot of the warning?

Does https://elliquiy.com work?

If you open up a command prompt, and run
ping elliquiy.com

What IP address do you get?

I can take a screenshot however because of currently still staying with family I only have my laptop, which has no photo program which I can paste the screenshot into. However I can tell you it pops up with this in the warning box saying its a HEUR/HTML.Malware - Heuristic

Ran the command prompt and the ISP which came up was 174-34-158-178

I decided to then type in https://elliquiy.com myself instead of using the one in my favourites and this time no virus warning has popped up on that page or any I have clicked on within the site. I am keeping my fingers crossed that simple suggestion from you has solved the issue...will let you know for certain either way after a clicking a few more posts and such.

PreciousPetra

Mmm alright that seems to have worked..beyond me why but I am sure it makes sense to you Vekseid. I do however still get a warning from Microsoft on some pages asking if I want to view only the secure parts of the page. Slightly irritating but not nearly as much as the constant virus one screaming at me.

Merci kind sir for your help *slips into a curtsy*

Vekseid

Quote from: PreciousPetra on December 28, 2009, 05:42:21 PM
Mmm alright that seems to have worked..beyond me why but I am sure it makes sense to you Vekseid. I do however still get a warning from Microsoft on some pages asking if I want to view only the secure parts of the page. Slightly irritating but not nearly as much as the constant virus one screaming at me.

Merci kind sir for your help *slips into a curtsy*

I'm pretty sure you can set that to always yes/always no.

You might try reinstalling Avira : /