The Wonderland Insitute for the Mentally Insane (Twisted, Violent and Dark)

Started by someinheritthewealth, February 07, 2014, 09:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

someinheritthewealth

Introduction
Quote"Welcome to Wonderland, They all lived Happily Ever After all the pretty maids hanging in a row, all the bloody bodies you all killed. We have you all here and you aren't ever leaving. This is reality not your pretty little world where animals sing and you get your prince or princess. Nothing. It's time you vile lot faced it.

Wish upon a star it won't make a difference. No sirree. Instead you will spend rest of your days here, you vermin.

Crying won't change it. I saw the bodies, I saw the butchery you committed. You can claim to be sane all you wish. But your Prince will never come. Nor will you ever see outside these doors."

QuoteBackground:
In the state of New York outside the city away from nearby towns is a foreboding structure, many people stay and never stray towards it. Although the very place does house some of the most terrifying, sadistic, cruel and evil psychopaths to ever be captured, not only this but the whole place is built in a very odd style, though it's only as of now five years old, it appears Victorian in design; an immense red-brick construction that seems surreal or unreal in places, the very thing was financed solely by Alice Liddle.

The area which was chosen to construct this huge insitute was also strange, many people throughout the years had vanished from said area, dogs, kids and unwitting teens. None were never found it was I suppose the Bermuda Triangle of New York. People who lived nearby declared this a spot of great malevolence and malign intentions. It became a place where no one would go or move near, so when Alice Liddle had chosen to build her Asylum here, people desperately warned her off, protested and tried to have her reconsider.

It was sadly to no avail the work was commenced thus the law-suits began, the questioning of the name, the location, everything just seemed off about this. Alice insisted that she had come from nervous breakdown wanting to help people and this asylum would only allow the worse of the worse. Her apparent insistence on this piece of land were concerning as was the name she chose, but as the doctor ruled her sane.

All eventually subsided and within a few years it was opened up The Wonderland Institute a modern facility in behind a Victorian facade.

Maybe the warnings of this location should have been listened to, because during the laborious construction they discovered a stone crypt which nothing could open, rather than tear it down, they instead built over it, ignoring the ancient plague declaring a dangerous being would be the first of many to this asylum.

A dark strangling force who would make this place his fun house.

Now for the fun part the Characters:

The rules are simple only one unless you can persaude from each fairytale, no villians, they could either have been neutral in the story.

I shall be the Warden Alice, and yes it's that Alice, if anyone willing to be huge part of her story, I would like preferable a female version of this character, The Cheshire Cat, but male could work. As well as the usual nonsense, I should not have to mention.

Character Skeletons:
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Description or photo or both)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Fairytale they are inspired or are from:[/b] (Mind this is modern asylum.)

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Family:[/b]

[b]Symptoms:[/b] (Try make this sound as professional as you can.)

[b]Crimes:[/b] (Don't worry detail is encourage here and creativity is encouraged.)

[b]History:[/b] (I don't mind how long this is.)

[b]Treasured Possession/s:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b] (Any information you feel is necessary.)

Lynnette

I would be very delighted to play a female cheshire cat, the C. cat is probably one of my alltime favorite fairy tale characters.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on February 07, 2014, 10:00:03 AM
I would be very delighted to play a female cheshire cat, the C. cat is probably one of my alltime favorite fairy tale characters.

Awesome, the Cheshire Cat and Wonderland in general is why Alice though the Warden has mental issues too. Let's just say the Cheshire Cat stalked her in Wonderland and Wonderland itself was hardly as quirky, sweet or amazing as it was percieved, in fact it broke Alice, it broke a young girl. I could message more if ya wish, background information wise.

As for your crimes you can decide.

Lynnette

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on February 07, 2014, 10:02:47 AM
Awesome, the Cheshire Cat and Wonderland in general is why Alice though the Warden has mental issues too. Let's just say the Cheshire Cat stalked her in Wonderland and Wonderland itself was hardly as quirky, sweet or amazing as it was percieved, in fact it broke Alice, it broke a young girl. I could message more if ya wish, background information wise.

As for your crimes you can decide.

I would appreciate some more detail, yeah. A PM would be great :)
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

someinheritthewealth

Anyone else interested, I shall post profile once I am sure got interest.

Teo Torriatte

This looks really interesting.  :-) I would love to play some twisted version of the little mermaid... she hears the call of the sea, voices from the deep telling her to do things. If she can prove herself worthy, they may one day call her home. Or something... I'll look up the classic version of the story and see what elements I can incorporate into something darker.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Luna on February 07, 2014, 04:15:18 PM
This looks really interesting.  :-) I would love to play some twisted version of the little mermaid... she hears the call of the sea, voices from the deep telling her to do things. If she can prove herself worthy, they may one day call her home. Or something... I'll look up the classic version of the story and see what elements I can incorporate into something darker.

On variation I did on another site, they made her pop star, just an idea. But I am willing to see what you provide.

Teo Torriatte

Would it be too awkward if I made her mute, as in the original fairy tale?

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Luna on February 07, 2014, 05:52:50 PM
Would it be too awkward if I made her mute, as in the original fairy tale?

Can you write a mute, remember she did commit a crime, enough so she's in a asylum.

Teo Torriatte

I think I could do it. Would be a challenge, but I like a challenge.

As for her crime... maybe she went ahead and killed her prince, after convincing herself that doing so could return her to her mermaid form and make everything else better? She still loved him, but she was suffering and wanted it to end.

RainyHigh

IDEA BULB: I want to do Mulan with a multiple personality disorder. Maybe she is her brother  father and also herself. Perhaps there is a third persona too.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: RainyHigh on February 07, 2014, 06:14:12 PM
IDEA BULB: I want to do Mulan with a multiple personality disorder. Maybe she is her brother  father and also herself. Perhaps there is a third persona too.

Mulan, sweet, not seen her in this rp!

RainyHigh

Appearance: Mary Jang is a short woman with a medium frame. She is five feet tall with long black hair. She has light freckles on her face, shoulders and back.  Mary has dark brown eyes, and a heart shaped pout.  She usually wears jeans, shirts and sweaters.  She prefers to either go barefoot or wear boots.

Personality: Mary has three different personalities. Mary herself is very laid back and chill. She has a very calm persona, if it were a season it would probably be fall with a touch of winter.  Her second personality is Do Hyun Jang, a much harsher "copy" of her deceased father who was a war veteran.  Do Hyun has a very tough personality.  He is mean, rigid, and traditional.  If Do Hyun were a season, he would be a very cold and bitter winter.  Do Hyun is also sexist; he looks down upon women, and thinks that their place is in the kitchen or taking care of babies.  And her third personality is Krystal.  Krystal is a very whimsical woman who has a lot of femininity.  She often sings and prances when she walks.  If she were a season, she would be spring.  Crystal is like a princess, dainty, pretty, and elegant.  Her dream and life is to find her prince.

Fairytale they are inspired or are from: Mulan

Family: Do Hyun Jang (dead - father). Elizabeth Jang (mental health institution - mother). Five siblings (lost contact with them).

Symptoms: Mary suffers from Dissociative identity disorder formerly known as multiple personality disorder. She has two 'alters' both very opposite of each other. The man is old, rigid, mean and sexist (despite Mary being female, when she looks in the mirror--he has come to believe that the Vietnamese gave him a sex change operation). The woman is very loose, and loving to the point of being needy for attention. She tries to look perfect and cute, as she actively hunts for her 'prince'. She is not afraid to sleep with a man she met the first night, as she believes true love trumps everything else.

Crimes: Age 11: shoplifting three accounts. Age 12: violence against another student stabbed a boy in the arm with a pair of scissors. Age 13: violence against another student, punched a boy in the face several times, broke his nose. Violence against a teacher, took a yardstick, broke it and tried to impale the stick into her stomach. Age 13: seven counts of shoplifting, two counts of vandalism on public property. Age 14: inside the juvenile detention center until age 15. Age 15: drug possession one count. Age 16: aggravated assault four accounts (one boy entered hospital with broken rips and stab wound to the stomach). Age 17: Juvenile detention center until she was 18. No further crimes

History: Mary was born to a very poor family. Her father passed away when she was young, and her mother was left to care after six children by herself. Her mother was schizophrenic, and Mary's siblings all had a variety of mental problems.  It was not until Mary you was 11 years old that her second personality Do Hyun came out.  Mary would often become very violent and prejudice when playing with other children. It was then that the family knew something was wrong.  Once Mary was 16 years old, she like her older siblings lived a life on the street.  Mary would often temp work as a server or cashier worker. Then she got involved in drugs. This only made her condition worse. When she turned 19, Krystal came into existence. Chrystal would often seek out men, sleep with them, and Mary would wake up wondering what happened. This caused Mary to seek out help. She turned herself into the mental institution of the wonderland institute. As a child, Mary looked out for her other siblings, often sticking up for them or being the "grown up". She was the only sibling to learn how to read, write and do maths. She can cook and often shoplifted to help keep her family fed every day.

Treasured Possession/s: A family picture of her family when her father was alive. Everyone was smiling and all seemed normal.

Other: (Any information you feel is necessary.)
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

GnothiSeauton

Belle DuBois

Appearance:  Picture -  Belle DuBois is a woman of beauty.  She stands at five foot seven, with dark chestnut hair to match her hazel eyes.  Almost always she is in dresses, skirts, or gowns, hardly ever in something such as jeans and t-shirts.  It's almost an uncommon sight to see her without a book in hand.

Personality:  On the surface, Belle is a charming, polite young woman.  Always friendly, always helpful, she is always willing to help out others.  She has a thirst for knowledge that is unparallelled amongst her friends and family, almost always with a book in hand to read.  Arrogance and ignorance are things she can not stand, but it is nothing compared to her hatred for those who dislike animals.  She has a strong passion for animals which is unrivaled by those around her, a true animal lover in more ways than one.  A modest upbringing has grounded her in life, teaching her to appreciate the things she has in life.

Fairytale they are inspired or are from:  Beauty and The Beast

Family:  Maurice DuBois (Father)

Symptoms:  Zoophilia, Schizophrenia

Crimes:  Bestiality/Crimes Against Nature (Various Times)

History:  For most of her life, Belle had lived what she would consider a normal, happy life.  Although her mother had died when she was young, her father had tried to do the very best he could for her, trying to be a guiding and positive light in her life.  But for Belle, as normal as her life seemed to her, it was far from it in the eyes of society.  She had never truly fell in love with another human being.  For most of her adult life she had found only one love in the form of a dog she affectionately called Beast.  The love she had for the dog could have easily been considered unhealthy and unnatural, yet for her it was nothing but a deep, pure love that was unmatched by anything in her life.  That love, one day, came crashing down around her.  It was for the best, her Father had said as he and his friend of the family Gaston LeGume, took the dog away from her and placed her in The Wonderland Institute, in the hopes she could be cured, and live a normal life.

Treasured Possession/s:  Chipped Tea Cup from Childhood she talks to (Her Best Friend in her eyes), a Silver-backed Hand Mirror

Other:  N/A
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

someinheritthewealth

BTW you could be an orderly or staff member if you wish :).

P.S Awesome profiles so far.

someinheritthewealth

Here she is the Warden herself :)

QuoteName:
Alice

Surname:
Liddle

Alias/Nickname:
The Warden & Little Alice

Appearance:

Place of Birth England, London

DOB:May 4th 1982

Family:All But Her Sister Deceased

Blood-Type:O

QuoteCriminal History:
Although not perpetrator of any crimes, there was a traumatic event in Alice's younger years which she calls Wonderland. After much psychiatry evaluation and medical tests it's been cleared that Alice is now fit to handle herself. The events of Wonderland while horrific and harrowing seem to be a memory and though she appeared she may have lost her virginity there, it does not seem to have lasting impact on her.

Alice Liddle is ruled by this Court of Law that she can run this Asylum she built without any bias or hatred.

Case Closed

Photographs of Said Crimes:
An artistic rendering of Wonderland according to Alice's descriptions to the Psychiatrist

When asked to describe the Cheshire Cat a police artist created this:

Mental Diagnostic:
Psychologically Fit and Mentally Fine - No Known Issues

Supernatural Powers:
No

Triggers:
After sometime the Psychiatrist found any mention of the Cheshire Cat made Alice break into foetal position and start crying. It was decided to drop this as she seemed fine when this was not mentioned.

When asked to describe the Cheshire Cat, when she was sedated she described an amorphous cat with the ability to go invisible, partially or full. Strangely with this the cat had a human form and when asked further, she would burst into tears and refuse to say anything else.

After further testing of this, we found even after twelve years she can not talk about this without losing control

Ideal Environment and Stimuli For Them:
Alice Liddle appears to prefer being around the weird and have obsession with the world of Wonderland.

Original Fairytale:
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll

QuotePersonality:
Alice is someone who seems to suffer under arrested development, being more teen-like in certain regards. She appears to be business-like but have a certain taste for macabre or obscene, she often switches between kind/caring to harsh/unforgiving within same conversation. Her methods are questionable if at times highly unethical. This has given her a terrifying if imposing demeanour.

This often breaks into how she handles certain inmates, taking an almost child-like glee in hurting or inflicting suffering on them. Trying to test their limitations and put them in cruel situations, ones their very mind can't physically handle, this is shown by her almost dominatrix attitude, she mocks their pain and appears to prefer control.

Those who have tried to snatch it back, were never like that again.[/color]

QuoteHistory:
Born in London, England Alice was an inquisitive and curious young girl whom often appeared naive or innocent. Coming from a family who were quite well-off she often spent her times outside of London visiting great estates of friends and relatives, she was well aware of her area in life. As were her parents thus why they decided to use her sister to try educate the girl, often distracted and flighty the sister stuck on, one time while out during a rather warm day, her sister got an important call and left Alice for ten minutes, at this point Alice was only twelve, but it did not seem like big deal to leave her alone.

When she came back having been dragged away for much longer, Alice was gone, only sign she had been there, were the books and her kitten Dinah.

There was a massive hunt for Alice that went for days, but to no avail, just as the parents were about to give up, she returned, crying, yelling and appearing irrevocably broken. When asked where she went and what happened, she just kept saying Wonderland and mentioning such strange individuals as Mad Hatter, March Hare, The Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts and Tweedledum and Tweedle Dee.

Her parents in utter despair handed her over to authorities for psychiatric evaluation and that was last anyone saw of her for over twelve years.

Then suddenly she was released and her first goal was to gather her inheritance and build an asylum, there was of course alarm due to this, but when she won the court case to do so, there was no more. What was especially unnerving was the people she began to house, the ones people had given up on, the ones who seemed to be mere disasters.

She claimed her goal was fix all that was broken.

Of course there were criticisms from the press, but she fought them all with press conference after press conference and on the Anniversary of her parent's tragic death she opened The Wonderland Institute For the Mentally and Criminally Insane in New York.

Six years have passed since this.

Relationship to Other Inmates: (Good or bad all depends on you)

QuoteProgress:
It took time but I believe now Alice has recovered considerably and believe her transition to the real world has been remarkable, I will keep you updated on any reports I receive, but I state my reputation on this that Alice is no harm to anyone or herself.

Alice Liddle is cured.

Ironwolf85

I had the idea for a male Cheshire cat, based on a cool image I found.
I kinda had the idea of more than one person identifying with characters.
We're all mad here...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Lynnette

Appearance: Amaris stands about 5'7 foot tall, and has a very slim body overall. Her eyes has a bright topaz look to them, almost like a glow, much like a cat's eyes. She's normally seen with a sly grin on her lips, and is hardly ever seen in despair.

Personality: Amaris' personality is quite the peculiar one. Her mindset is so complicated it'd give most psychologists headache. Broken into the simple bits, she lacks a good drive in life, making her fill up the gap by driving people from their minds, normally by spouting nonsense, or by leading people to doing things they definitely shouldn't be doing. She finds a lot of entertainment in the despair she creates in the people around her, which is pretty much the only reason she keeps on doing what she does.

Primarily, she likes to make people have delusions, strong delusions, that the world around them is different from what it actually is. She uses the image of a cat to create further confusion. Like, cats aren't supposed to talk, right? Just that moment alone is normally enough to make people confused. Besides this, she tends to give her victims the idea that she's everywhere, ready to pop up and wave to them.

Fairytale they are inspired or are from: Alice In Wonderland (the Cheshire cat)

Family:
Mother: Maria Hale (59, disowned her daughter, location unknown)
Father: Noel Hale (57, disowned his daughter, location unknown)
Aunt: Angela Hale (53, has light contact with her niece. Living in Florida)
All other family has either lost contact with her, or stepped away.

Symptoms:
   Disambiguation (Wishful thinking)
   Discovered: No [X] Yes[ ]
Wishful thinking is when the mind can not split between realistic boundaries and the wishes and desires the mind has, often leading to hallucinations and other delusions. She has enough self-control to keep it hidden though.

Kleptomaniac
   Discovered: No [ ] Yes [X]
A strong desire to take objects regardless of who owns it. This was discovered while she was going through high-school, though there had never been any proof, yet, it was very easy to see.

Delusions
   Discovered: No [ ] Yes [X]
Having ideas of things not actually existing, or objects existing being twisted and formed into something new by the human mind. There has yet to be any confirmation as to what kind of delusions she has, but it is by far known that she has them.

Sadistic
   Discovered: No [X] Yes [ ]
A feeling of pleasure from hurting another person. While her case is a bit different seeing she doesn't favor normal pain over mental pain, she still enjoys a couple drops of blood. There has been theories of her sadistic undertones, but it hasn't been proven wrong nor right.

Crimes: Accused for rape towards a 15 year old girl when she was 17, was never confirmed as there was never witnessing against her. Nearly killed people several times. A long chain of thievery. Has driven a lot of people into depressions and despair, not to mention insanity.

History: Amaris had a complicated past, though she doesn't remember much of it. She despised her parents and wanted nothing but them to be gone, but then, she didn't have the guts to do anything about it. Her father was incapable of holding on to a single job for more than a month or two, and her mother had her own bad habits as well.

Eventually, she had enough of it. At the age of 14, she ran away from her home and decided that she'd find something to do, without any education of course, she was just mindlessly hoping that it'd all turn out well in the end, just like fairy tales her aunt used to tell her when she visited her. Little did she know that she was going on a similar adventure as well. By a stroke of (bad) luck, she ended up entering the same "wonderland" Alice would enter about a year later.

She encountered the current Cheshire cat, a being she despised truly, hating the way it was constantly chasing after her, spouting nonsense that made no sense. In the end, it nearly killed her, and she had enough of it. Not having no idea why the annoying cat hadn't moved aside, she drove a dagger she found on the ground through the head of the nasty being, taking over its 'powers' or whatever you'd like to call it, including its sick sense of humor, its ability to view into the future to make up nonsense that would later turn out to be a hint for the future, and its ability to take the form of a (weird) cat.

Later, about a year later, she encountered a young girl who had ventured into the same place as she had at about the same age. She had started to chase after the girl, curious as to what she was doing there. Eventually, she encountered her however, and quickly started to subconsciously lead the young girl named Alice deeper into the forest, before eventually having her way with the girl, for then to lead the girl out of the forest, deciding to continue to follow after the girl. She held her head low for a good while though, letting the girl get a chance to believe everything she experienced was a dream or something among those lines.

However, when she found out that the girl she had her way with so long ago had decided to open an asylum, it definitely attracted her attention, and she decided she wanted to pay the girl a visit over again. She did a couple... Not too pretty things, including to torture a man she pulled off the street half to death by cutting off his fingers one by one, before she was eventually decided to be sent to the asylum her little Alice had decided to open up.

Treasured Possession/s: A couple hairpins hidden in her hair, a silver pocket watch.

Other: Knows how to get out of straight jackets, knows how to pick locks.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 09, 2014, 11:10:27 AM
I had the idea for a male Cheshire cat, based on a cool image I found.
I kinda had the idea of more than one person identifying with characters.
We're all mad here...

My apologies the Cheshire Cat is taken, if you got ny ideas open to them.

Ironwolf85

Damn...
Well that's why I was thinking of doing one based off the cat as well, this one with an identity disorder, and there being another cat around causes him no end of psychological torment.

Oh well though, this is a less psychotic, more realistic game anyways. I expected batman villain style crazies.
Enjoy the ladies man.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 09, 2014, 12:02:46 PM
Damn...
Well that's why I was thinking of doing one based off the cat as well, this one with an identity disorder, and there being another cat around causes him no end of psychological torment.

Oh well though, this is a less psychotic, more realistic game anyways. I expected batman villain style crazies.
Enjoy the ladies man.

Less psychotic, hardly. Considering the Warden not even sane herself...

Ironwolf85

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on February 09, 2014, 12:15:58 PM
Less psychotic, hardly. Considering the Warden not even sane herself...

I meant less crazy, more realistic in style.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 09, 2014, 12:18:33 PM
I meant less crazy, more realistic in style.

Ah, well it is Fairytale character's bound to have some supernatural elements in it.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on February 09, 2014, 12:19:37 PM
Ah, well it is Fairytale character's bound to have some supernatural elements in it.

My first idea was something akin to a batman villain actually.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 09, 2014, 12:29:41 PM
My first idea was something akin to a batman villain actually.

Someone in this rp I did on another site had Jiminy Cricket he was originally a Psychiatrist who led to people become psychopaths, the opposite of being good concience. The Pied Piper could be interesting, so much choice. :)